Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a list of defensive tiers on Smogon? I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Also, what's the best EV spread for Timid CM Virizion?

Starmie is a much better spinner for you. While Tenta is a great spinner in its own right, Starmie should always be used if you're going for offensive due to better coverage, Speed, and Sp. Atk.

Oh... In that case, may I ask: Why are both forms of Blaziken banned? I understand the reasons for Speed Boost, but can someone provide me a link to posts about the normal Blaziken ban, or just state some reasons.

Oh... In that case, may I ask: Why are both forms of Blaziken banned? I understand the reasons for Speed Boost, but can someone provide me a link to posts about the normal Blaziken ban, or just state some reasons.
As I understand it, first it was apparent that Blaziken was broken because of its ability. We could either ban Blaziken in its entirety or Speed Boost (thus ruining or essentially banning Pokemon such as Yanmega or Ninjask). Speed Boost was also decided not to be broken on these less powerful Pokemon, and it would be simply too confusing to ban Blaziken + Speed Boost. The only option was to ban Blaziken altogether.

The reasoning was that the pokemon should be banned for it's best set. Sort of like how Garchomp was banned for It's SD+Yache set last gen (I believe?). Blazikens best set was Swords Dance/High Jump Kick/Flare Blitz/??? which was determined to be overpowered. So all Blaziken were banned.

I have a Liberty Pass and I can't get to Liberty Garden. The dude says, "It is small compared to a luxury liner, but the size of a ship doesn't change the feeling of adventure when you're out on the open sea."

I have the Liberty Pass in my Key Items pocket yet I still can't pass. Please help. :)
Did you download it legitimately or is it hacked? If it's hacked, you probably hacked it incorrectly. If it's legit, are you sure you're at the right dock?

Did you download it legitimately or is it hacked? If it's hacked, you probably hacked it incorrectly. If it's legit, are you sure you're at the right dock?
I didn't actually download it, someone just gave me a pokemon that was holding the pass. What I did was, after I received it, I instantly removed the pass then went to Castelia city.

I believe you have to download it. The game senses the event unlocking item being downloaded, and hence the sequence with the green Pokemart guy occurs.

Just trading a Pokemon holding it might not activate the game's sequence of events.

I believe you have to download it. The game senses the event unlocking item being downloaded, and hence the sequence with the green Pokemart guy occurs.

Just trading a Pokemon holding it might not activate the game's sequence of events.
So there ain't no other way to get Victini? Because damn the V-create is so epic I can't let it pass. But thanks for replying guys. :)

Well. Probably best to ask someone who knows the game's code better than I do, but I always bring all my games to the event and download them one after the other to make sure. At any rate, I traded my event Victini to a friend after I downloaded it, and it did nothing to his game (Castelia City still is the same confusing city, no new ships leaving), so I would assume the Pokemon nor the item being traded would be enough.

I didn't actually download it, someone just gave me a pokemon that was holding the pass. What I did was, after I received it, I instantly removed the pass then went to Castelia city.
After hearing this, I became a little suspicious. I opened up my White and saw that (even though I accidentally hacked and gave myself 900 of them) a Pokémon can not hold the Liberty Pass. It is without a doubt hacked.

So there ain't no other way to get Victini? Because damn the V-create is so epic I can't let it pass. But thanks for replying guys. :)
Don't worry about V-Create, Victini doesn't learn it by level-up, and there is no legitimate way for the one you find on Liberty Island to actually get V-Create.

What type of team would use a Sableye or Whimsicott, and what are the advantages of one of them over the other?

Hi, I'm new to the VGC side of Pokemon. Would like to know which team(s), like for example Beat Up Justified, Trick Room teams, has/have been winning or placing very well consistently in tournaments (such as vgc regionals) for the vgc 12 metagame?

Is the vgc 12 metagame one whereby all pokemon in national dex can be used, except ubers?

Hi, I'm new to the VGC side of Pokemon. Would like to know which team(s), like for example Beat Up Justified, Trick Room teams, has/have been winning or placing very well consistently in tournaments (such as vgc regionals) for the vgc 12 metagame?

Is the vgc 12 metagame one whereby all pokemon in national dex can be used, except ubers?
Go here for VGC questions.

Thinking of making a team somewhat inspired by Sinnoh Champion Cynthia. Out of these pokemon, which two would work best on an OU team? Roserade, Spiritomb, Eelektross, Gastrodon, Togekiss, Milotic, Lucario, Braviary...

Thinking of making a team somewhat inspired by Sinnoh Champion Cynthia. Out of these pokemon, which two would work best on an OU team? Roserade, Spiritomb, Eelektross, Gastrodon, Togekiss, Milotic, Lucario, Braviary...
It depends on the rest of the team. If you were using a team based on only those Pokés, I would forgo Braviary/Togekiss and Milotic/Gastrodon to keep up the variety

Hello once again.
I have been told that I need to ask the following question here:
I am currently battling against my sister who uses a highly effective trick-room team in double battles composed of the following:

Tyranitar (used for permanent sandstorm and stone edge)
Bronzong (has mental herb to ward off taunts, used for trick room and hypnosis)
Gastrodon (has stormdrain to defeat water pokemon, used as a special tank)
Shuckle (typical toxic-staller with power swap and leftovers)
Reuniclus (her other trickroomer also used as a special tank)
and one other pokemon which I do not know since I still have not managed to faint more than 2 of her pokemon.

I have not been able to drop even more than 2 of her pokemon and it is driving me crazy. Can anyone give me advice on how to beat her?

Hello once again.
I have been told that I need to ask the following question here:
It's weird that she uses Stone Edge over Rock Slide in double battles on Tyranitar but I guess that makes your life easier. Breloom or Virizion destroy that team though, especially Breloom since it can Spore Bronzong before it sets up Trick Room. The only thing Breloom has a problem with is Reuniclus so if you pack a good Ghost or Dark-type you can probably take her team out without too much difficulty. As long as you stop Trick Room and get your momentum going you should win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)