Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 15 minutes ago I closed my computer to go and work on some yard work and when I came back and opened my computer, I saw Chillarmy and a bunch of other people adding a checkmark to the end of their name so I thought I would try it just to be stupid :P

After I constantly tried to add this symbol, ✔, to the end of my name, I decided to just forget about it and start talking in the Lobby again, as I always do, because the Lobby is my favorite Room on Showdown's Smogon University server.

It began to say, "Your message was not sent because you are sending messages too quickly." So I waited about 5 minutes and I tried to ask if my messages were being sent, but it said the same message. I tried to PM a mod about this and the message was not sent and the same message came back up. Then I decided to leave it alone for a while and start battling to see if even that would work. To my disappointment, it still came up with the same message.

I had not been sending any messages before this except for:
/nick GoobieDoob ✔ or /nick GoobieDoob✔

Then I decided to turn my computer off for a couple minutes and turned it back on. I went back to my homepage (Pokemon Showdown) and then proceeded to try and ask if my messages were being sent, again. Next, I just got the same message. It also happened in the Wi-Fi Room. Whenever I enter the room, without typing, it says "Your message was not sent because you are sending messages too quickly."

I really need help because I really love Showdown and I don't want this to completely ruin everything I've put into it. I love this place and really want to stay here for a very long time.

Thanx with Love,
~GoobieDoob

- - - - -
Photogenic Proof: http://imgur.com/XruRT56,cXS8a1y,Ed0sQcE#0

nvm, got it to work, thank you my lord and savior Sunako ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
If this happens to anyone else, just get on a different account (probably by use of a different browser). You can PM a driver or mod to /forcerename you and then if you refresh your page from there your glitched account should work.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Can anyone here explain to me the COIL ranking system on Pokemonshowdown Im used to laddering with ELO so I have no Idea what it is.
Since you ignored the thread last time allow me to give you a gigantic wall of text that explains COIL from the thread.
And that leads me directly to our two "mystery ratings," which are actually named COIL and ARMS. They're both calculated entirely based on GXE and number of battles, and they're both designed such that a score of 2000 indicates having met reqs. for most suspect tests. The difference between the two is that, with COIL, your rating eventually converges to a fixed value, while with ARMS, the number of points you gain from a victory never decreases, as you have noticed happening with ACRE, Elo and pretty much any other rating system.

The mathematical details of COIL follows:

Your Converging Order-Invariant Ladder (COIL) score is calculated based strictly on your GXE and the number of battles you've played. The formula is the following:

C=40*GXE*2^(-B/N)

where B is a threshold set prior to the suspect test corresponding to the minimum number of battles required to achieve reqs. Reqs is explicitly defined as a C of 2000, and the number of battles needed to reach reqs is a function of your GXE:

N=B/(1+log2(GXE/100))

So for a B of 40, player with a GXE of 90 will require 48 battles to meet reqs, and a player with a GXE of 75 will require 69. A player with GXE of 60 will need 152 battles to reach reqs, and a player with GXE of 50 never will.

In the long-term, a player's rating will converge over time to 40 times their GXE. So the very top players may end up with a COIL of around 4000, while good players will end up with GXEs around 3000.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Leagues room was shut down, but did any of the staff get to maintain their ranks elsewhere?
Not unless they were staff in that room already, the same rules apply outside the Leagues Room. If they were staff before in other rooms, there would be no reason why they should lose it. If you are talking about them getting staff for a different room due towards it shutting down, then no.

This might sound like an unnecessary question, but...
Is it possible to add a custom sprite to the list of avatar choice of the game? If so, how?

This might sound like an unnecessary question, but...
Is it possible to add a custom sprite to the list of avatar choice of the game? If so, how?
If you mean get a custom avatar on the main server, they're only obtainable by global staff. If you mean adding them on your own server, you add in config.js under where it says exports.customavatars = { a thing using this format: 'userid': 'customavatar.png' and then put the avatar in the avatars folder (80x80).

I did mean adding them on my own, yes. Thanks for the precision. However I don't find any of the file related to Pokemon Showdown (except my teams and battle Logs), but I guess I'll have to find that myself. Thanks for the directories!

Why is the Pokémon icons on Showdown not updated to gen 6? And if it's planned in the future, when is it happening? (it's bugging me alot :( )

Why is the Pokémon icons on Showdown not updated to gen 6? And if it's planned in the future, when is it happening? (it's bugging me alot :( )
It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it has been suggested before so I assume it will be implemented sometimes in the future - I don't know when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)