Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the damage calculations for a 252Atk +atk nature Aqua Jet from Abagoora (base 108 attack) on standard Urgamosu?
Assuming a neutral nature and 4 Def. EVs on Urugamosu, Abagoora's unboosted Aqua Jet will do 57.8 ~ 68.1% (180 ~ 212 HP).

If anyone else sees a gaping problem with this let me know; I'm kinda sleepy and I may have messed something up when inputting these numbers.

I'm running a rain team currently, but it has a lot of trouble getting past nattorei. Does anybody have a mon that can get past nattorei that would fit in well? Thanks
I'm no expert, and I'm not sure the rest of your team, but I'ma just post some people who might be of some assistance:

Scizor: Having only a 2x weakness to fire in Rain, Scizor'd have an easy time finding a spot. Not to mention CB Superpower will leave a Dent in Nattorei.

Terakion: Countering Sun abusers (fire types) and Gaining a boost to take on Sandstorm abusers, Terakion can be of use. Close Combat also lets it hit Nattorei hard, but you have to be able to predict and not get hit with Power Whip.

Poliwrath: Being Water Typed, his STAB will hit pretty hard in Rain. Submission/Focus Punch would be really good at tackling Nattorei. Also, CurseTorei won't stop this bugger, as he has Unaware as a DW ability (I'm assuming you're in DW, rain this gen usually has politoad).

If you catch my drift, most fighting types or hard hitters with fighting moves work wonders against Nattorei.

Hi, i'd like to know...

Is there somewhere I could find list/discussion re: Gen 3 exclusive moves?

Some examples I could think of off the bat are Softboiled Clefable; Curse Self-destruct Snorlax; Dynamic punch Gravity Jirachi, etc.
I.e. Movesets only available for Pokemon originated on GBA, then transfered to Gen 4, then to BW.

I've tried searching...and ended up just comparing the learn set for each Pokemon for each Gen...and that's going nowhere...

If anyone has any idea or can point me to a direction that would be appreciated..
Just trying to find out which PM i'd rather breed in Gen 3.

Thanks a lot

Hey guys this is my first post on smogon so excuse me if it's bee asked or if its in the wrong place.

If you were in a double battle with a bullet seed user and a herbivore user, if you used bullet seed on your ally would it give it a boost 2-5 times?

Hi I've been breeding Zorua's to try and get one with an upping nature of Sp.Atk and 31 IV's in Sp.Atk so I can get max on it with 255's Ev's with the moveset like Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse since it's Special not Physical like night burst and maybe nasty plot.

I picked those skills because I was going for moves that will kill his weaknesses, Anyway I haven't decided if maybe I should go for max Speed or maybe even max Attack with another moveset.

I've bred about 160+ Zorua's and put all the ones with Sp.Atk, Speed, & Attack upping natures in seperate boxes to keep track of them all, I still haven't gotten 1 Sp.Atk upping nature with 31 Iv's but I've gotten plenty with Speed and Attack so what do you guys think? should I continue on trying for the Sp.Atk build with it taking a bit more work or.. which? ;)

is it true that nature power now becomes earthquake in the wifi battle arena? doesnt this mean that every pokemon (entie, flareon, etc) gets earthquake now?

is it true that nature power now becomes earthquake in the wifi battle arena? doesnt this mean that every pokemon (entie, flareon, etc) gets earthquake now?
Secret Power (the one with different added effects depending on location) is the one with the massive learnbase. Nature Power is pretty much only on Grass types.

Hi I've been breeding Zorua's to try and get one with an upping nature of Sp.Atk and 31 IV's in Sp.Atk so I can get max on it with 255's Ev's with the moveset like Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse since it's Special not Physical like night burst and maybe nasty plot.
Night Burst is special.

I picked those skills because I was going for moves that will kill his weaknesses, Anyway I haven't decided if maybe I should go for max Speed or maybe even max Attack with another moveset.

I've bred about 160+ Zorua's and put all the ones with Sp.Atk, Speed, & Attack upping natures in seperate boxes to keep track of them all, I still haven't gotten 1 Sp.Atk upping nature with 31 Iv's but I've gotten plenty with Speed and Attack so what do you guys think? should I continue on trying for the Sp.Atk build with it taking a bit more work or.. which? ;)
Try using a flawless ditto, i know there are plenty on the site, it should make easier to get a 31 IV'S in s. atk and speed, try asking here:http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80665
Also make sure to specify that they are for B/W breeds purposes. Good Luck.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know what the exact function of the antagonist ability is? When my jalorda uses swagger, is the target's attack supposed to rise or fall?

Does anyone know what the exact function of the antagonist ability is? When my jalorda uses swagger, is the target's attack supposed to rise or fall?
The target's attack will rise. It's buffs and debuffs on the owner of the ability that get flipped. That's why Leaf Storm is so popular on the thing, it's like a Nasty Plot that hits like a truck.

Secret Power (the one with different added effects depending on location) is the one with the massive learnbase. Nature Power is pretty much only on Grass types.

Night Burst is special.
OH I must've meant night slash nvm anyways also what's flawless ditto?

Edit: Okay 31 IV's in all stats........

Could someone explain how do we calculate accuracy boosts for like claw sharpen? Or is the usual +1= 50% like it is for normal stats?
No, Evasion and Accuracy have a different multiplier. Accuracy stages are added in 33% stages, for example something like Stone Edge would be;

80 x 1.33 = 106 (After rounding down)

So to work out just take 33% of the number and then add it on.

So for Zap Cannon as example;

50 / 100 = 0.05
0.05 x 33 = 16.5

By stage;

+0 = 50
+1 = 66
+2 = 82
+3 = 98

And so forth.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Does a Bulb cause an immunity to water? This is one of the few questions that I cant find an answer to anywhere.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Could someone explain how do we calculate accuracy boosts for like claw sharpen? Or is the usual +1= 50% like it is for normal stats?
No, Evasion and Accuracy have a different multiplier. Accuracy stages are added in 33% stages, for example something like Stone Edge would be;

80 x 1.33 = 106 (After rounding down)

So to work out just take 33% of the number and then add it on.

So for Zap Cannon as example;

50 / 100 = 0.05
0.05 x 33 = 16.5

By stage;

+0 = 50
+1 = 66
+2 = 82
+3 = 98

And so forth.
Just to clarify: each stage of accuracy raises the accuracy by 33%, non-compounded. Using the Zap Cannon example, we have:
+0: 50*(3/3)=50
+1: 50*(4/3)=66
+2: 50*(5/3)=83
+3: 50*(6/3)=100
I'm not sure what's wrong with Ech0ez's +2 and +3 stages (or what I've done wrong if that's the case). The only thing I see that is strange is that 50/100 is 0.5, not 0.05.

Does a Bulb cause an immunity to water? This is one of the few questions that I cant find an answer to anywhere.
itt Bulb gives you an immunity to water and raises your Sp.A by one stage when hit by a Water-type move, which leads me to my question: Is the Bulb a one-time use item?

So is there a such thing as a legit flawless ditto?
It's possible so I'm sure it exists, but a large majority of perfect pokemon are hacked. It's made even more improbable by the fact that you can't breed dittos with other dittos. It's quite a statistical anomaly, but it's plausible...

It's possible so I'm sure it exists, but a large majority of perfect pokemon are hacked. It's made even more improbable by the fact that you can't breed dittos with other dittos. It's quite a statistical anomaly, but it's plausible...
There's also RNG abusing from the old games...

Unless I've picked up half a story...

Ah well I don't really want any hacked/pokesav'd/cloned pokemon on my game =z

so here's what I'm doing I went onto my game went and caught a modest natured ditto (+Sp.Atk -Atk) with everstone so my zorua will get modest nature and I put the ditto with a male modest natured zorua with the moveset I want I guess that is the best I can do for 31 Sp.Atk Iv's modest natured zoroark.

I don't know of a better/faster way to get 31 iv's in Sp.Atk is there a way? like if my ditto/zorua has high Sp.Atk Iv's already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)