Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it even possible to get a flawless 31 Pokemon outside of RNG/Cheating?
I think most people typically settle for a spread that buffs the strong points and doesn't have terrible lower points.
&, depending on the Pokemon, flawless IVs would mess up Hidden Power.
Well, it is possible, and I think if I've studied up on my breeding guide, it's mostly being patient to get strong IV's in specific stats... Just not sure if competitive players go that extra mile (or 100) to try and get a really high stat (28-31) in all stats, or if it's just a "good enough" thing.

Best Nature/Spread/Set for Sub Chandelure?
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

move 1: Substitute
move 2: Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Pain Split / Hidden Power Fighting
item: Life Orb / Leftovers

Maybe even use will 'o wisp in the 4th slot if you use Shadow Tag instead of Flame Body.

I took this from Capefeather's post, so I'm not too sure how well it fares, though it's not that much different from his other sets so I can't see it NOT working...

Is it even possible to get a flawless 31 Pokemon outside of RNG/Cheating?
I think most people typically settle for a spread that buffs the strong points and doesn't have terrible lower points.
&, depending on the Pokemon, flawless IVs would mess up Hidden Power.
I don't RNG, and I feel proud of myself, as I think RNG is a form of cheating. I breed my Pokemon, and it takes days to get a decent Pokemon, as I got a Boufallant with 27/28/27/x/30/26/x 3 days after I put the parents in the Day-Care. Breeding for Hidden Power AND IVs is just too time-consuming.

What is a good EV spread + Moveset for an Impish, Multiscale Dragonite?
I guess a set liek this would work:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/48 Def/204 Atk
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch/EQ

The EV set I made looks random, but I'm not exactly good at EV spreads, as I don't know what that Pokemon needs the most in terms of offense or defense. But you should survive a super-effective hit w/Multiscale, Thunder Wave, and maybe Dragon Dance a bit. Outrage for STAB, and Fire Punch/EQ for Steel-typs who would wall Outrage. Although it running EQ, watch out or Skarmory.

Would using pokegen to create an ingame team with the purpose of getting me through the storyline,then replacing the pokémon with legit pokémon and releasing the non-legit pokémon end up disqualifying me from vgc events?

Not planning to breed the pokémon, just using them to speed through the game after my brother deleted my save.

Would using pokegen to create an ingame team with the purpose of getting me through the storyline,then replacing the pokémon with legit pokémon and releasing the non-legit pokémon end up disqualifying me from vgc events?

Not planning to breed the pokémon, just using them to speed through the game after my brother deleted my save.
I believe so, unless you're very careful.

so setting up the PID using the program wouldn't be enough? Oh well, saves me having to risk it. Shame though, I'm gonna be missing a brother when I see him next. -.-
I'm no expert, but I believe that any hack whether you made it or not will make your game a hacked cartridge. I could be wrong, though.

I mean that they won't let you participate because if the presence of a hack; your entire game is ruined (unless you reset it).
Guess I need to be careful who I trade with online then. Especially /vp/ with their rather iffy Distribution giveaways

Why would you trade with Anonymous? That's a horrible idea on your part.
Yeah, I guess, don't know many other communities though, you fellas are in a whole different league and I have nothing to offer that's worth your time to get started.

Oh well, fresh start thanks to my brother. At least I'm definitely clean in terms of hacks now, though.

Well, it is possible, and I think if I've studied up on my breeding guide, it's mostly being patient to get strong IV's in specific stats... Just not sure if competitive players go that extra mile (or 100) to try and get a really high stat (28-31) in all stats, or if it's just a "good enough" thing.

evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

move 1: Substitute
move 2: Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Overheat
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Pain Split / Hidden Power Fighting
item: Life Orb / Leftovers

Maybe even use will 'o wisp in the 4th slot if you use Shadow Tag instead of Flame Body.

I took this from Capefeather's post, so I'm not too sure how well it fares, though it's not that much different from his other sets so I can't see it NOT working...
Okay, now should I choose Pain Split or HP Fighting?

I guess a set liek this would work:
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/48 Def/204 Atk
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch/EQ

The EV set I made looks random, but I'm not exactly good at EV spreads, as I don't know what that Pokemon needs the most in terms of offense or defense. But you should survive a super-effective hit w/Multiscale, Thunder Wave, and maybe Dragon Dance a bit. Outrage for STAB, and Fire Punch/EQ for Steel-typs who would wall Outrage. Although it running EQ, watch out or Skarmory.
Just sayin', but I think all Multiscale DNites should pack Roost. It allows them to restore Multiscale.

So in White, there's the White Forest and so is Zekrom? No, I wouldn't. If I ask here at least I'm 100% sure. :)

Lol.. I guess I'll just find it out for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)