Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

So right now I decided to take a rerun through Hoenn (Ruby). I also decided to make it a monotype Fighting. I have not played in so long, it's starting to show in my playstyle as I fail and whatnot.

I just defeated Flannery and here is my team:
Combusken Lv.30
Machoke Lv.28
Hariyama Lv.27

I don't know what I need to add to my team, as I'm sure Hoenn is low on Fighting-types. XD
I'm thinking a Medicham?

-Terywj
Breloom,Medicham, and Heracross are the only others I believe.

@Marth: Perhaps Salamence (come to think of it, I'm going to nick it Justice in the next run... taken from tarot cards), maybe Starmie...
Speaking about the nicknaming scheme, the idea is taking a list of fully evolved Hoenn pokes, arrange them by Hoenn dex number, then mod them by 22 (the number of arcana major (i.e., trump) in tarot). That's why I've struggled for female Mudkip for this run, because Swampert's mod result is 3, which corresponds to Empress.

Now, for my question: After my friend looking for Ruby cheat and left it intact, I scrolled around that page, and... it said that wild Ralts appear more often if your lead likes you. The thing is before I watched it, I checked psypokes.com and found out that its spawn rate is straight out 4%. Which one is true, given in my latest run I hardly found one while my lead was a lv 8 zigzagoon; was this just a bad luck?

I was almost turn this to a thread, but I don't think it would be appropriate, thus post this question here.

Hitmonlee's a better fighting type in R/B/Y than the Chan.

Safari Zone
Throwing rocks makes the Pokemon easier to catch, but more likely to run.
Throwing bait makes the Pokemon harder to catch, but more likely to stay.

I'm not too sure of the exact change in rate, but it's the same each way. If you throw bait, then a rock, then it's got the same effect as doing nothing.

The guide posits a process that goes something like this:

-Get Synchronizers with each nature
-Catch Magikarps with flawless IVs, one for each stat
-Use the two aforementioned sets of Pokemon to catch a Ditto, one for each Nature / IV combo
-Use these Dittos to breed, multiple passes of Dittos in fact for each stat that you'd like to add to your desired Pokemon.
Calthaer, read the guide more carefully. The magikarps is only being used for one purpose, and that is it's high catch rate. When you send it out it makes the ditto change into a magikarp. The ditto will take on magikarp's catch rate, making it very easy to catch. Ditto will not copy the pokemon's IVs.

What you are supposed to do is catch ditto with flawless IVs, one for each stat. You only need one magikarp. I usually knock out my synchronizer so I don't even need to switch.

Happy Breeding!

Can someone please notify me when Neosyrex (or anyone else) posts the FR/LG RNG abuse (or link me if he has done it already).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
In R/S can you save before an egg to SR for better IVs while still maintaining the same nature/gender/ability? I know you can in 4th Gen, but I don't know about R/S.

Are there any advantages to using Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow over Raichu? Does it have any special hidden bonus stats? IIRC, I once had a guidebook that said something about the starter Pikachu having a higher special or something like that. It most likely does not, but I figured I'd check here first.
I might be a little late to reply to this - but it actually does have a higher special.

When trading the Yellow version Pikachu to the second gen games (I.e. Gold, Silver, Crystal) the starter Pikachu is holding an Item known as a "Light Ball" [or something along those lines].

Essentially this item is what doubles said pikachu's special damage. If this item is removed from the Pikachu it will no longer follow you in-game, and will no longer deal bonus special damage!

Horray!

-Rupert

Is it even possible to play these games anymore? My (fake) yellow lost it's memory like seven years ago lol...
The only games that have problems after prolonged period of time are: Gold, Silver, Crystal, and for some odd reason Yellow.

The reason second generation games tend to lose their ability to save after prolongued periods of time is due to the drain on their internal battery.

As the game boy colour does not have an internal clock - the games themselves would essentially work like a watch. Thus; this caused a constant drain on the battery and caused the deletion of (and the prevention of further) savefiles on the game until the battery is replaced.

Gold appears to be the worst for this because of a bad batch of internal batteries. My version of the game was drained after a period of about 6 years.

Silver seems to last for about 8-9, whereas Crystal versions appear to have a much better internal battery; and their expected battery lives are about 12-13 years.

[My Theory For Yellow]

Similar to the second generation games - the Yellow version games have a constant drain on their internal battery due to the happiness rating of your Pikachu. That or once again a bad batch of internal batteries were put in them.

[For your "Fake" version]

Most fake game makers use the cheapest possible materials avaliable - Just replace the internal battery with a new one and it should be fine.

Wondering, is it true that a pokemon raised from a lower level will have higher stats? And also will using rare candies cause your pokemon's stats to be lower? I've heard that and believed it for a long time but it doesn't seem to be true.
Pokémon (in first gen) used a system known as Stat Exp. The basis of this system is: If you defeat a a pokémon with a high speed stat your pokémon will (generally) gain more speed when it levels. Similarly if your pokémon fights a pokémon with a high attack stat it will gain more attack when it levels (and so on and so forth).

Using rare candies doesn't give any of these Stat Points (since no pokémon are fought)

If you level a pokémon from a lower level it is exposed to more Stat Points and thus - normally has higher stats.

-Rupert

Safari Zone
Throwing rocks makes the Pokemon easier to catch, but more likely to run.
Throwing bait makes the Pokemon harder to catch, but more likely to stay.

I'm not too sure of the exact change in rate, but it's the same each way. If you throw bait, then a rock, then it's got the same effect as doing nothing.
Actually... from my experience - throwning bait has no effect whatsoever aside from making it harder to catch the pokémon. = /

They usually run even if you thow bait at them... so you might as well... you know... hurl rocks at them : D

-Rupert

Actually... from my experience - throwning bait has no effect whatsoever aside from making it harder to catch the pokémon. = /

They usually run even if you thow bait at them... so you might as well... you know... hurl rocks at them : D

-Rupert
Err okay, but what the hell are you doing? It's called the multiquote button, might want to use that next time. Or just take all your other posts and edit your first one with all of the others and ask a mod to remove the other useless 3 posts.

Other than that, from my experience of playing in the Safari Zone, throwing bait does have an effect, or else why add it? When you throw the bait it makes the Pokemon happier, easier to catch (depending on the Pokemon).

Throwing a rock at the Pokemon has a 50/50 chance of them running because you scared them off or "hurt" them, or they get angered and stay around. And welcome to Smogon.

~ Aether Nexus

I'm trying to get an adament rayquaza with syncronize in my emerald game. I've done it at least 30 times and I've seen adament only once. Do I have to do something first to get the effect to work (I didn't beat the e4 yet)?

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but is it possible to trade from a Gameboy to a Gameboy Color?

For instance: Red in my GB trading with Blue in the GBC.

Is this possble?

when I battle in Battle Frontier, I usually do the lvl 50 line, because I like the facts that I can train new pokes fast and it starts easy. Now, on that regard, I have the following question:

If I have, for example, a Heracross that has learned Megahorn in Emerald/Leafgreen. Megahorn is lvl 55 move, thus I can't use it in my BF teams. But, I've heard that if I breed 2 pokes of the same species that has the move I want (in this case 2 Heracross and both has Megahorn), the baby will have that move (in this case, the lvl 5 Heracross has the lvl 55 move Megahorn).

Is this true, or and if it is, can I use some other poke with the move I want (In this case Megahorn) and breed it with the female Heracross and get the baby with the move?

Exarius,

Yes, it is true that breeding two of the same poke that know a move that the baby can learn through level up will pass that move onto the baby.

I have not checked to see if it can be passed if the father is a different species.

I've heard people say that you can get a large amount of items at once using the Emerald cloning glitch, but all I know of is getting 6 at a time by having those 6 items on 6 Pokémon that you clone. Does this mean that the Emerald cloning glitch work with the item PC too? If not, how is this done?

The cloning glitch does not work on the item PC, but if you have pokemon holding items you can simply take the items off them instead of taking the pokemon. You could put rare candies on every poke you have stored, save the game, pick them all off and do the cloning trick. You'll then have all the items in your bag and still on the pokemon in the PC.

Enjoy!

Simple question: What would you suggest to do if you want to evolve a Goldbat into a crobat? I know his happiness needs to be at X amount, but I've beaten the game and have no idea how to make him happy. I'm not PokeBlock savvy, and I really want a Crobat. Thank you for your consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)