Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Simple question: What would you suggest to do if you want to evolve a Goldbat into a crobat? I know his happiness needs to be at X amount, but I've beaten the game and have no idea how to make him happy. I'm not PokeBlock savvy, and I really want a Crobat. Thank you for your consideration.
If you want to do it the cheap way:
Every 256 steps = 1 happiness (or 2 with soothe bell equipped.)
In gen 3: get a nickel and rubber band. place golbat in party, self on bike in front of a sand fall thing (near sandstorm route) and try to go up. This counts as "walking" so later, you can evolve it. (I forget if gen 3 has a soothe bell. If so, equip it.)

Gen 4: give soothe bell, ride up and down cycling road or the straight path in 209/Solaceon/210 a bunch. Save, level. If you don't evolve, reset and bike some more.

remember you start at 70 happiness. You gain for leveling, using pokemon in gym or E4.

Gen 3 has a soothe bell. It can be found in FRLG in Pokemon Tower on the top floor by using the itemfinder exactly where Mr. Fuji was standing. It can also be earned in RSE in Slateport City from the lady in the the fan club if your lead pokemon's happiness is high.
Just remember that if you trade a pokemon their happiness resets!

Other ways you can increase happiness include leveling them up, taking them to Daisy for grooming (once a day, FRLG only after beating E4), giving them vitamins (Zinc, Calcium, etc.) and by giving them EV reducing berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tomato).

2 questions:

1. Any tips on how to use the blinkety blink rods in RSE?

2. Can you get all three starters via a glitch in RSE?

The link cable ports are different shapes, so you'll need a 'universal' cable. You can trade between any combo of GB, GBP, GBC, GBA, and GBA:SP.

hello guys ive got a question about hidden values in blue version. now I know there are no ev's, but I dont really understand what kind of system there is. all pokemon that give experience raise all stats in general equally? Im just trying to understand how it works. Thanks :D

hello guys ive got a question about hidden values in blue version. now I know there are no ev's, but I dont really understand what kind of system there is. all pokemon that give experience raise all stats in general equally? Im just trying to understand how it works. Thanks :D
Basically it goes like this: Instead of Individual Values (IVs), there are Dynamic Values (DVs) in Gen 1 and 2. A DV is basically the same as an IV, except they go from 0-15 instead of 0-31. At L 100, each DV provides 2 additional stat points (compared to 1 for each IV).

EVs still exist in Gen 1 and 2, its just that there is no 510 cap, meaning every stat can get a full 255 EVs for the additional 63 stat points at L 100.

Basically it goes like this: Instead of Individual Values (IVs), there are Dynamic Values (DVs) in Gen 1 and 2. A DV is basically the same as an IV, except they go from 0-15 instead of 0-31. At L 100, each DV provides 2 additional stat points (compared to 1 for each IV).

EVs still exist in Gen 1 and 2, its just that there is no 510 cap, meaning every stat can get a full 255 EVs for the additional 63 stat points at L 100.
oooooh ok. so does each pokemon still have a value for a certain stat(s) attached to them? Because I've been looking around and I think I read somewhere that just killing wild pidgeys near pallet town does just as much good as powering through the elite four.

In RBY and GSC, EVs, AKA Stat Experience, are totally different to the later games.

Maximum Stat Exp per stat: 65535.

Overall maximum: 65535 in everything

Stat Exp given out for defeating a Pokemon: that Pokemon's base stats. Eg, defeating Dragonite gives 91 Stat Exp in HP, 134 Attack, 95 Defence, etc.

Stat Exp per vitamin: 2560

Maximum by vitamins: 25600

Effect of stat Exp of the stat: sqrt(stat exp) / 4
Thus you get diminishing returns; the earlier stat exp counts for more than later.

Since you can max out every stat (using the box trick if already at lv100), there's no need to chose Pokemon to train against. But killing those Pidgeys won't be as good as thrashing the E4.

In GSC, Special Attack and Special Defense share the same DV and stat experience. I don't know which enemy pokemon stat is used to decide how much stat exp you get.

All this info is from Bulbapedia.

Zigzagoon. He is good. Several of the HMs, Secret Power, and the Pickup ability. Being a normal type he gets STAB from Strength and Secret Power, making him not too bad in battle.

I think Zigzagoon + Golduck covers everything but Fly.

Zigzagoon. He is good. Several of the HMs, Secret Power, and the Pickup ability. Being a normal type he gets STAB from Strength and Secret Power, making him not too bad in battle.

I think Zigzagoon + Golduck covers everything but Fly.
waterfall ?

dive?

So i'm feeling kind of stupid right now, since I just cleared Mt. Battle (in Xd) but didn't get a Johto starter. I completed it last Tuesday (two days ago), and it wasn't until that night that I found out you have to complete the whole thing without going back or changing your party to get said Johto starter. Now i'm starting to hate myself. Does that mean I can't turn the Wii off at all throughout, or does it just mean i'm not allowed to leave Mt. Battle until it's over?

Does that mean I also can't use legendaries? I know they lower the PokeCoupon count you earn, but do they keep you from getting said Johto starter? (I had two in my party, Mewtwo and Groudon.) Also, are legendary birds/gerbils/Regis/Lati@s classified as such? I would think not since you can use them in the Battle Frontier, but i'd like to make sure.

Who are the best HM bitches in Emerald?
Tropius and Wailord together cover all 8 of the HMs in the game. Tropius learns Cut, Fly, Flash, and Rock Smash, while Wailord learns Surf, Strength, Waterfall, and Dive.

So i'm feeling kind of stupid right now, since I just cleared Mt. Battle (in Xd) but didn't get a Johto starter. I completed it last Tuesday (two days ago), and it wasn't until that night that I found out you have to complete the whole thing without going back or changing your party to get said Johto starter. Now i'm starting to hate myself. Does that mean I can't turn the Wii off at all throughout, or does it just mean i'm not allowed to leave Mt. Battle until it's over?

Does that mean I also can't use legendaries? I know they lower the PokeCoupon count you earn, but do they keep you from getting said Johto starter? (I had two in my party, Mewtwo and Groudon.) Also, are legendary birds/gerbils/Regis/Lati@s classified as such? I would think not since you can use them in the Battle Frontier, but i'd like to make sure.
According to GameFAQs, you can't leave Mt. Battle or switch Pokémon in the break room if you want the Johto starters. It doesn't matter whether or not you use legendaries, and only Mewtwo/Mew/Lugia/Ho-oh/Celebi/Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza/Jirachi/Deoxys will lower the amount of PokéCoupons you earn.

It's been a while since I last played through Ruby and I'm trying to hunt down Latios. I thought you could see a picture of it to get it on your PokeDex so you could hunt it down?

-Terywj

I had the unfortunate lack of knowledge that there were pirated versions of FR/LG and Emerald out, and bought them on the cheap on EBay. Trouble is, I have put in plenty of hours on them and just recently found out. A few questions:

1. Will these pokes still be considered "legit" and pass things like hack checks? I'm interested in playing without cheats and such, keepin' it real or whatever.
2. Has anyone had experience with Pal parking these on a pirated cart or playing with them on a gamecube game? I have a shiny Electrode I'd really hate to lose.

Thanks in advance.

I had the unfortunate lack of knowledge that there were pirated versions of FR/LG and Emerald out, and bought them on the cheap on EBay. Trouble is, I have put in plenty of hours on them and just recently found out. A few questions:

1. Will these pokes still be considered "legit" and pass things like hack checks? I'm interested in playing without cheats and such, keepin' it real or whatever.
2. Has anyone had experience with Pal parking these on a pirated cart or playing with them on a gamecube game? I have a shiny Electrode I'd really hate to lose.

Thanks in advance.
Unless the ROM's been altered they should pass hack checks. I'd call them legit.
My only experience with a pirate cart has been failure to hold a save. For me it was only about an hour in. But it could happen at any time. (Pirate carts tend to use cheap battery-backed memory, and a cheap poorly soldered battery.)

If you get a message like the following when you start up (before you even choose Continue)
Code:
The save file has been loaded. The game can be played.
then it's pirate and is probably going to suffer the same problem. The exact error message is important. The message
Code:
The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur.
is one that occurs on legit cartridges.

There are TONS of pirate Pokemon games on eBay. If it's from the first 3 generations and says it's new, it's almost certainly pirate. If the seller's selling loads, it's pirate. Get a used copy, not in a box, from a seller not selling loads of the same, and it's hopefully legit. They're a bit easier to tell in the UK because pirate ones are often the US version. I still got caught out, but I returned my game saying it wouldn't save, and got a refund.

Expect your save data to delete itself at random. Thus I suggest you get any worthwhile Pokemon onto a real cart as soon as possible. I don't know if Pal Parking will work right though.

In Pokemon Ruby I have Feebas (54lv) and I was trying to evolve it in Milotic so I won all contests and I gave him max number of pokeblocks so now my Feebas don't want to eat anymore but I don't know how to evolve him now...is there any chance I could feed him with pokeblocks even if he doesn't want to eat them ?!

I want that bloody Milotic...:pirate:

I have a question about using AR to activate events. I wanted to get the Eon Ticket, Mystic Ticket, Aurora Ticket through AR, will the pokemon be legit when I obtained them, since I've only activated the event, not the pokemon themselves.

I know that you can do this on the 4th gen games to activate wondercards and be able to get legit pokemon. Such as continuously activate a jirachi event wondercard to be able to get different jirachis or other legendary pokemon...

In Pokemon Ruby I have Feebas (54lv) and I was trying to evolve it in Milotic so I won all contests and I gave him max number of pokeblocks so now my Feebas don't want to eat anymore but I don't know how to evolve him now...is there any chance I could feed him with pokeblocks even if he doesn't want to eat them ?!

I want that bloody Milotic...:pirate:
I think you're stuck. If your Feebas is 'full' and hasn't got high enough Beauty, it's never going to evolve. You can breed it to get a Feebas egg and start over.

You want to use dry Pokeblocks, and yuu want the 'feel' to be LOW. It will also help to use a special attack boosting nature.

I think you're stuck. If your Feebas is 'full' and hasn't got high enough Beauty, it's never going to evolve. You can breed it to get a Feebas egg and start over.

You want to use dry Pokeblocks, and yuu want the 'feel' to be LOW. It will also help to use a special attack boosting nature.
:(

Well, it's sad but you have right, I'm going to breed this ***** and try to feed it good.

thank you

EDIT

I got egg feebas and I gave him Indigo pokeblocks and trainded him one lv and I got Milotic at lv 16, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)