Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Gyro Ball

Lickilicky is who I wanted to build an NU team around, and his move pool is pretty good! I originally was running a different Leftovers set, but I took off Heal Bell and replaced it with Gyro Ball to help me against poison types such as Weezing, as well as with Fairy and Dragon types. Fire Punch gives me some fire coverage considering I don't have a Fire type on my team.

Mr. Mime (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Mr Mime was the second Pokemon I added to my NU team. Psychic/Fairy is such a neat dual typing and gives me a great Fighting switch in. He's also a good Specs user and I gave him Focus Blast in case of a slow Dark switch in.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Hydro Pump

Samurott helps me to have Water coverage without using a dual Rock/Water type, thus saving me from an additional unwanted Ground weakness. I have Megahorn for Malamar and Hydro Pump with Life Orb packs a huge punch especially for the tier. Ice Beam is a great coverage move and Aqua Jet gives me priority.

Carnivine @ Watmel Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift

Carnivine is a great Grass choice for a non-sun team I think. I'm using a set I found online, Natural Gift is an interesting choice and Levitate helps me avoid Ground problems.

Murkrow (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave

Originally I chose Murkrow to be my Defogger but I changed my team after quickly figuring out that Prankster T-Wave is so good. This meant I had to pick out a Defog or Rapid Spin user who isn't weak to Ground.

Sandslash @ Earth Plate
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Sandslash is a great EQ user and his access to both Rocks and Rapid Spin makes him the perfect addition to my team. He also helps with Fire types who might bother Carnivine and Mr Mime.

Let me know what you think and how I can improve this team!

Since your Licky no longer has any moves susceptible to taunt, you should give him another ability, probably cloud nine for weather match ups.

Even though you're a little weak to ice, you have a few ways to answer Jynx so it's probably okay.

You have a nice bulky offense team, but it's a little slow. I would probably invest speed into Samurott, I'm not sure what the spread should be though...

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry but simply put, this team struggles to be competitively viable and in order for it to function effectively in the current NU metagame I would need to change most if not all of your team. This isn't really a rate per se but I'd like to point out a few of the team's most glaring weaknesses.

While Lickylicky certainly is an interesting Pokemon, it is, for the most part outclassed as both a Wish passer and a physical attacker and the small niche it has over other normal types is not enough to justify its use on any serious NU team. What's more, you've completely neglected the need for a STAB move in favor of several odd coverage moves which do not help Lickylicky immensely.

Despite Mr. Mime's 4x resistance to Fighting-type moves its paper thin Defense stat should be enough of enough of an indicator that it should never be considered as a defensive fighting check. Although thanks to its typing it can switch in on the odd Close Combat it still takes far too much damage and is easily worn down by successive switch-ins. On top of this, it lacks a Choice Scarf meaning that it is easily revenge killed by common fast threats such as Tauros and Archeops, two mons that your team lacks an appropriate switch-in to.

While Samurott runs a very potent mixed wallbreaking set, the large amount of HP investment is unnecessary and quite frankly hinders its capabilities as an attacker. The set's lack of speed means it loses to most offensively geared teams only being able to get off piddly bits of chip damage with an Aqua Jet before going down. This also means that Samurott is outpaced by the likes of AV Lanturn, DD Rhydon, and Malamar who Samurott would otherwise have a much easier time dealing with.

Carnivine is almost entirely outclassed by other Grass-types. While its attack stat is somewhat decent that's pretty much its only boon. Carnivine is too slow to maintain a sweep, has very poor bulk, and every role it performs is done better by other Grass-types. It is in fact so bogged down by negative criteria that you'd be hard pressed to find any use for it en lieu of other Grass-types.

In my opinion, Murkrow's niche in the NU metagame is not strong enough to rationalize its use in favor of other dark types who possess stronger offensive prowess and can perform many of the same support roles. Furthermore, Foul Play has very little use on an offensive set since it doesn't scale with Murkrow's stats.

Lastly, Sandslash is a pretty mediocre mon. It leaves a lot to be desired when compared to other ground types in the tier and loses a lot of momentum when it spins. It is also outclassed by most other Stealth Rockers and Hazard removers in the tier and is generally just lackluster

Since you seem to be new (which is in no way a bad thing) I strongly urge you to check out the Battling 101 subforum as a nudge in the right direction can help a new player tons in learning Smogon's metagames and Pokemon in general.

Stay sharp.

Reactions: Mq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)