1v1 Singles
3 Day DQ
INFINITE recoveries, 5 chills

Arena: Coral Reef

Magikarp (M), "Jormungandr"

Nature:
Rash - Special Attack increased by *. Special Defense decreased by *

Type:
Water - Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Swift Swim - (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
Rattled (DW) - (Innate) These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost, Bug, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types

HP: 80
Atk: *
Def: **
SpA: ** (+)
SpD: (-)
Spe: 80

EC: 4/6
MC: 8
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
-Splash
-Tackle
-Flail
-Bounce
-Bubble
-Reversal

Caterpie [Jessica] (F)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack, subtracts * from Attack)

Type:
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2 (+)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 45

EC: 0/5
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Run Away (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Attacks:
Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite

Athenodoros, your orders please.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
BOUNCE TO THE BEAT!

We'll start this off the old-fashioned way: Bounce => Bounce => Bounce. We'll have to see how he copes with this.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh woops!

Ok well this is underwater. It'll be fun to see you attempt to bounce underwater. Anyway, let's start this off in style. Y'know what fish poo looks like underwater? Try that with String Shot. Then follow up with two Bug Bites.

String Shot ~ Bug Bite ~ Bug Bite

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

HP: 80
Energy: 100%

Caterpie [Jessica] (F)
HP: 90
Energy: 100%

Welcome to Athenodoros vs Alchemator!

Jormundgadr drops to the bottom of the coral reef, apparently feinting unconsciousness. Jessica tries to reel him in with String Shot, but surprise surprise! Jormundgadr uses Bounce off the ocean floor, and dodges the attack! Jormundgadr then swims down sharply, and hits Jessica! Jormundgadr attempts to repeat the trick this time, but Jessica is too smart. She uses Bug Bite before he could bounce and attack, and does it again the next round!

HP: 56
Energy: 67%

Caterpie [Jessica] (F)
HP: 57
Energy: 90%

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Bounce*3

I know what you mean. Hectic battle. I'm glad that Magikarp can Swift Swim in order to bounce underwater.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

HP: 56
Energy: 67%

Caterpie [Jessica] (F)
HP: 57
Energy: 90%

Repeating the heroics of the previous round, Jormundgadr initiates the Bounce cycle, in the hope of hitting Jessica super effectively. Jessica doesn't seem to mind, and has a plan. While pushing only 1 out of her 3 Bug Bites, she calmly sits back and watches, as Jormundgadr runs out of energy!

Jessica has gained a KO Counter!

Rewards
Me: 2 RC
Jessica: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC
Jormundgadr: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC
Alchemator: 2 TC
Athenodoros: 2 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)