RU Audino [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

Overview
########

Audino's decent bulk, okay typing, ability, and wide defensive movepool that is filled with options that allow it to fill certain roles; for example, it is able to function as an effective Wish passer. Audino faces competition from Alomomola, from whom Audino sets itself apart through its access to Heal Bell. Mega Audino can take on the role of a Calm Mind sweeper with Rest and Sleep Talk. However, Audino and Mega Audino both have little to no offensive presence and are thus extremely passive. In offensive roles, Aromatisse is a huge competitor thanks to its higher power and the fact that it doesn't need to Mega Evolve. Mega Audino trades Regenerator for Healer, which also means that it faces problems recovering health due to its lack of Leftovers. Non-Mega Audino's is blessed and cursed with a Normal typing, which provides no resistances in exchange for just one weakness. Audino suffers from a case of four-moveslot syndrome in both forms and is very easily set up on thanks to this; it is also completely shut down by Taunt.

Defensive
########
name: Defensive
move 1: Wish
move 2: Heal Bell
move 3: Protect
move 4: Knock Off
ability: Regenerator
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Careful

Moves
========

Wish keeps Audino healthy and is able to be passed to Audino's teammates for them to recover a large chunk of health. Heal Bell rids Audino's team of status, and is especially helpful for removing poison caused by Toxic. Protect can be useful to scout for moves but is mainly used to ensure Wish takes effect and to allow Audino to slowly recover health via Leftovers; in just two turns, Audino is able to recover 62% of its health, on top of Regenerator, making Audino able to recover 95% health in just three turns. Knock Off is extremely weak, but it is used for its utility in removing Leftovers, Eviolite, and other items. Instead of Knock Off, both Encore and Return are options. Encore prevents Audino from becoming setup fodder, while Return is a consistent and semi-powerful STAB move. However, if you choose to run Encore, Audino will be stopped by Taunt. When using Audinite, Dazzling Gleam should be run in the last slot. If another teammate is already providing Heal Bell or Aromatherapy support, then Toxic is a very useful option in this slot because it means Audino can actually cripple Pokemon it's supposed to be walling.

Set Details
========

Audinite is an option because it provides Audino with a fantastic Fairy typing and much larger bulk. However, Leftovers and Regenerator give it fair competition. Maximum Special Defense investment is used to better take and pivot out of special attacks from the likes Choice Scarf Moltres, Dragalage, Mega Sceptile, Choice Scarf Meloetta, and Mega Camerupt. A Careful nature is chosen to further increase Audino's bulk. Regenerator is extremely useful because it allows Audino to regain health just by switching and works well in tandem with Wish.

Usage Tips
========

Audino should be played like a typical defensive Pokemon: switch into hits it's able to take and go from there. Abusing Regenerator to the fullest is a good place to start when using Audino; it shouldn't be afraid to switch. If you fear that a setup sweeper is coming in, the best course of option is to immediately switch out to a partner. Wish can be used to recover health, but it's often going to be passed to a teammate. Heal Bell is a bit rarer because status isn't nearly as widespread, but it's useful nonetheless; just don't expect to be using it too often. Protect is useful to scout for Fighting-type coverage and ensure Wish is received, so be sure to take advantage of its uses!

Team Options
========

Steel-types, such as Registeel, Bronzong, and Mega Steelix when not running Audinite, make for good partners because of the synergy between them and Audino. Audino is best suited on balanced teams for its cleric capabilities and ability to pass Wish. Amoonguss and Tangrowth both form powerful Regenerator cores that can be quite hard to take down. Alomomola can also take on this role, but it and Audino's roles are very similar and it is a bit redundant to use them together. Typical defensive Pokemon, such as Registeel, Lanturn, Bronzong, Spiritomb, and Tangrowth, that lack instant recovery are good partners as well. Not-so-defensive Pokemon that also appreciate Wish support include Kabutops, Seismitoad, Druddigon, Rhyperior, and Escavalier.

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Rest
move 3: Sleep Talk
move 4: Dazzling Gleam
item: Audinite
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense to very high heights and boosts its mediocre Special Attack to a somewhat threatening level. Rest and Sleep Talk restore Mega Audino's health and remove any harmful status instantly. Sleep Talk can also pick Calm Mind while Mega Audino is asleep to continue to boost. Dazzling Gleam is Mega Audino's attacking move and is used over Hyper Voice because nothing is immune to it and Dazzling Gleam gets very good neutral coverage. Flamethrower is an option to hit Steel-types, but then Mega Audino is walled by Houndoom and gives it free setup turns, and Dazzling Gleam is more useful in general.

Set Details
========

Maximum Defense and HP investment and a Bold nature increase Mega Audino's physical bulk because Clam Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense. Audinite boosts Audino's bulk all-around and gives it a useful Fairy typing. Regenerator is super useful pre-Mega Evolution because it allows Audino to shrug off damage and recover health for later in the match.

Usage Tips
========

Save Mega Evolving Audino until later in the match so it is able to take advantage of Regenerator. After Mega Evolving, Mega Audino is better equipped to take on Dragon-types so keep this in mind when choosing the specific time to Mega Evolve. Mega Audino faces massive competition from Aromatisse, which is more powerful off the bat, has a better typing, and is immune to Taunt, so Audino has to be careful to use Regenerator and its ability to Mega Evolve to the fullest or it runs the risk of being outclassed. Mega Audino's only coverage is Fairy, so don't try to set up too early or Mega Audino will be forced out. Thus, beginning to set up with Calm Mind mid- or late-game is often best so Mega Audino can attempt a sweep on weakened teams. Mega Audino should only use Rest when it is nearing a bit under 40% health if possible, as Sleep Talk can be a bit unreliable and select Rest instead of Calm Mind or Dazzling Gleam. Mega Audino can switch into Knock Off with ease, so it can also take a pivotal role pre-Mega Evolution.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that eliminate Steel-types, which resist Dazzling Gleam, such as Dugtrio and Moltres make for good partners. Other Calm Mind users such as Reuniclus work well because they can use their coverage moves to be a pain for the opposing team. Golbat takes on Fighting-types for non-Mega Audino and is a useful partner to keep entry hazards away and pivot in with U-turn. Powerful hitters such as Mega Glalie and Mega Camerupt are pains for Mega Audino, thus making defensive Pokemon such as Bronzong and Lanturn good partners. Lanturn is also able to bring in Mega Audino via Volt Switch and can use Heal Bell in case Mega Audino is forced out after using Rest.

Other Options
########

Fire Blast is useful to hit Steel-types, but once it is revealed it loses its usefulness. Healing Wish is an extremely useful move for offensive pivoting and bringing a partner with full health. Psyshock hits Poison-types and beats other Calm Mind users one-on-one but gets fairly poor coverage and lacks STAB. Reflect and Light Screen are options as a Regenerator pivot, but it's generally not that useful of a combination and better Pokemon such as Uxie can pull it off. Thunder Wave and Toxic are useful to spread status. Audino can fit on Trick Room teams, as it has access to Trick Room. Shadow Ball could be used as coverage but it's pretty average as a whole. As a weather pivot, Audino could be used, as it learns Rain Dance and Sunny Day, but it's generally mediocre in this role.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Pokemon**: Pokemon that are able to set up walk all over Audino because Mega Audino's offensive presence is nonexistent and thus Pokemon such as Substitute Mega Sceptile, Swords Dance Pangoro, Doublade, Swords Dance Escavalier, Nasty Plot Houndoom, and Dragon Dance Tyrantrum give it problems. Mega Sceptile, Pangoro, and Tyrantrum are all hit very hard by Dazzling Gleam from Mega Audino, so they must be wary.

**Taunt**: Dazzling Gleam and Knock Off are weak, so without boosts Audino will fail to hurt much. Taunt also prevents Audno from using Wish or Heal Bell, its main niche. Taunt could come from Pangoro, Drapion, or Golbat, though Pangoro has to watch out for Dazzling Gleam thanks to its 4x weakness.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types, such as Mega Steelix, Bronzong, Cobalion, Doublade, and Escavalier, resist Dazzling Gleam and smack Mega Audino with their STAB moves. These Pokemon are able to pivot into Dazzling Gleam and shrug it off with ease, while Cobalion and Mega Steelix easily shrug off Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types hit non-Mega Audino for super effective damage; though they cannot easily break through Mega Audino. These Pokemon have to watch out for Dazzling Gleam, though.

**Phasing and Haze**: Getting Audino off the field will mess up its Wish chain and remove any boosts it has on the Calm Mind set. This could come from Whirlwind Drapion or Roar Rhyperior.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
- mention its offensive presence which is virtually nonexistent
- mention what it has over alomomola: heal bell
- mention competition from other megas on balanced teams and steelix on stall teams

[calm mind]
- "Since Mega Audino should only Mega Evolve when it needs to, it's okay to run Audinite over Leftovers."I assume this is from ur c/p of the 1st set? doesnt make sense (its in set details)
- i'm a bit iffy on team options. calm mind is mostly used as a wincon on semi-stall/stall teams so mentions of such offensive pokemon is a bit weird tbh. gonna leave this for other QCers cuz im not exactly experienced with this set.

"Mega Audino should avoid using Rest if possible as Sleep Talk can be a bit unreliable and select Rest instead of Calm Mind or Dazzling Gleam."
this kinda looks redundant/unnecessary. one shouldn't avoid using rest, but should only be using it when it needs to go back to full, so mention that instead.

[checks and counters]
this needs a bit of work. for the fighting type category, they can't exactly counter mega audino so i'm kinda iffy on those. make a big mention of that there. Instead of Substitute, mention set up pokemon in general, they can all set up on (mega) audino easily.

not gonna check it yet cuz as I said not very experienced with audino in general.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I havent gotten a chance to test out offensive CM Audino in RU, but its pretty cool because it can lure in a lot of the things that normally stop crodino. QC should consider making this a set, or at the very least a very strong oo mention.

Beef up C&C

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
unfixable

Looks really good in general, so I'm just going to do some nitpicking (I actually love this Pokemon to death, shame Game Freak screwed up so hard):

Mention that Aromatisse also gives Audino competition as a Calm Mind + RestTalk win condition, as it can't be Taunted, pure Fairy is a better type than Normal / Fairy like 90% of the time (Doublade walks all over both, both walk all over Spiritomb, Haunter is irrelevant but carries Sludge Wave and Mismagius is irrelevant and dies to any breeze coming from a teammate, or even from Audino or Aromatisse themselves, so the Ghost-type immunity isn't really that handy. Fighting neutrality is awful too), it has Leftovers recovery, doesn't take a Mega slot and does more damage right off the bat (higher base Special Attack + Moonblast), while all Audino has going for it is its utility as a pivot before evolving, as well as being bulkier, which gives it a better match up against more specific team compositions (balance without any hard hitters or hard hitters that don't really hit Audino hard but would chip away at Aromatisse fast).

Return / Double-Edge >>>>>>>>>> Hyper Voice as standalone STAB options. Here's why:

0 SpA Audino Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 64-76 (18.7 - 22.2%) -- possible 5HKO

Meanwhile:

0 Atk Audino Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 73-87 (21.4 - 25.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO

0 Atk Audino Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 85-102 (24.9 - 29.9%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Dunno whether you should mention both or just Return, up to the other QC members I guess. Personally, I'd mention Return only, because you're not hitting anything hard even with Double-Edge, but the point is that Audino hits most stuff harder with a physical STAB move. Not like it matters anyway.

Mention why investing in Special Defense is better than Defense (easier time pivoting Choice Scarf Moltres, Dragalge and such. It's not like you're doing anything to Pangoro, Doublade and all the other physically offensive Pokemon in the tier, even if you take like 10% less damage from their moves)

You actually mentioned this one briefly, but you forgot the most important part: More than pairing up well with typical defensive Pokemon, it pairs up well with typical defensive Pokemon which have no way of recovering their HP outside of Wish support. Read: Registeel, Bronzong, Lanturn and so on. You can also talk of misc Pokemon that aren't really fully defensive but benefit from Wish nonetheless. Off the top of my head there is Escavalier, Seismitoad, Rhyperior and Kabutops.

Calm Mind Audino is well covered for the most part. Mention what I said beforehand about Aromatisse, especially the traits that make Audino an option worth considering. The teammates option sounds too offensive for my taste. I think that Audino is better off as a win condition for defensive builds which do not require any other Mega Pokemon. Slapping it on offense is sort of a waste when you can use Pidgeot or Sceptile. Leave Calm Mind sweeping on offense to Cresselia or Reuniclus.

Other Options needs Healing Wish ASAP, mostly because it gives Audino a lot of versatility, allowing it to fit in as a pivot on more offensive builds (considering it's hard to build full offense unless you're a god and give 0 opportunities to Dragalge and Pangoro to actually smack stuff, which is hard because they can actually tank stuff), pairing up well with Pokemon like Tyrantrum.

Checks and counters needs some work. There aren't enough mentions of how easy it is to set up on Audino, especially when factoring in that you're not really using Toxic or Thunder Wave to cripple stuff. Cresselia and Reuniclus have a field day, and so has Pangoro (loses vs Calm Mind though), Drapion and hazard setters. Work on that.

Montsegur - Offensive Mega Audino sucks. At best, I'd run Flamethrower as the mono coverage move just to fuck up with Escavalier. Aromatisse has no offensive Calm Mind set, so there's no way this should have one. It does have Healing Wish to go along with stuff that benefits from having Steel-types removed (Tyrantrum), but I'm still kind of iffy on it, especially after giving it a try myself. Also, no way I would run it over Pidgeot, Abomasnow, Sceptile or even Camerupt on offense.

Lastly, in spite of this post's unexpected length, I'm not giving this a check yet, just because I feel like giving it a second look after you implement the suggested changes. If you do not agree with any, feel free to answer back, as it seems you do have experience with Mega Audino.

Cheers.

Done Arikado, and of course Montsegur!

I've been using Calm Mind on a balance team with powerful wallbreakers to weaken up so Mega Audino can set up and win late-game, so that is why I have chosen to put offensive partners.

Oh my Pearl., thanks for such an in-depth check! Implementing as we speak, but didn't see before I did the ones above yours. Seriously appreciate the thoroughness! Will edit this when it is implemented.

Implemented Pearl.

Last edited:

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
  • Over Knock Off, both Encore and Hyper Voice are options. Encore prevents Audino from being a setup fodder, while Return is a STAB move that can actually do a bit of damage.

Hyper Voice should be changed to Return on the first sentence

• Calm nature to further increase that.
Careful.

QC CHECK 1/3

(note: there's actually a chance I've forgotten something, but this should do for now)

tehy

Banned deucer.
Is mega audino as the first set not worth considering? It's sans regenerator, sure, but damn bulky, and you can not mega (though youll miss lefties if you dont)
Edit: 49 think i ninjad you here

Also mcamel can't get a SpD drop, really though i bet you'll stall it out of PP before you kill it, assuming fire blast (not a bad way to beat it but kinda pp consuming)

**Set Up**: Pokemon that are able to set up walk all over both sets because Mega Audino's offensive process is nonexistant and thus Pokemon such as Substitute Mega Sceptile, Swords Dance Pangoro, Doublade, Swords Dance Escavalier, Nasty Plot Houndoom, and Dragon Dance Tyrantrum give it problems.

Especially since you said mega audino... Pangoro gets gleamrekt, megatile gets set up on, ranty gets gleamed hard too; i wonder if you can't just outboost doomer. Escav and ghoster blader are cool tho, and the rest do set up on normal audno (duo dislikes knock)

Also, encore in moves js.

Audino able to revive 95% health in just three turns.

Any mon with normal healing can do 100 in 2, that said it's only 1 turn of vulnerability to attacking (outside of feint/pursuit i guess) which is a neat thing to mention

Last edited:
yo

so, maybe i'm just really in the dark on this, but why isn't audinite a slash, rather than some brief aside? while i do understand the mentality of 'losing leftovers+regen is bad', and puts a heavier strain on it to receive its own wishes, but the bulk increase is pretty ridiculous, to the point where it should be given a bit more consideration. to illustrate this, a spdef spread takes ~34-40% from lo moltres' stab, avoiding the 2hko after sr. i can't, in any good conscious, let slip a defensive moltres counter if i can full well avoid it, ya know?

also, i kinda disagree with the mentality that this will be utilized primarily on balance, since i wouldn't seek to use such a momentum-burning, clunky pokemon outside of anything but [semi-]stall. in with this, if one is capable of outsourcing heal bell / aromatherapy utilities to another 'mon, toxic is a very nice option for making audino less of a sitting duck, particularly vs megas. for instance, you mention m-camerupt as pokemon this checks, but knock off is a 7-8hko with no net gain (no lo or w.e to remove), meaning that you'll constantly be forced to go into wish+protect cycles to get into a range where you can throw an attack to actually chip through the opponent, and this is assuming that ep never gets the spdef drop or it has wisp / tox, which is really reaching. what i'm trying to say is that m-camerupt tends to win this match-up when you lack tox, especially when you're non-mega.

also, and maybe this practice has been omitted since i last did qc things, but this is just ridden with fluff. does a new user really need to be told that maximum spdef investment allows it to take special hits better, or that "Heal Bell is used in rarer instances because it's usually not going to be the most used." (that one actually is more a case of really needing rephrase, i think haha). saying something to the effect of 'a more specially defensive spread is utilized to take advantage of audino's typing, which allows him to better combat threats x,y, and z', since that actually gives the reader some indication of what the primary application of the choice is, but i'd omit anything that just comes off as self-explanatory :[l]

i'll run back through this and check if someone doesn't do so before me, but i'd really like to see a few of these points sorted before this goes up, yeah?

Is mega audino as the first set not worth considering? It's sans regenerator, sure, but damn bulky, and you can not mega (though youll miss lefties if you dont)
Edit: 49 think i ninjad you here

Also mcamel can't get a SpD drop, really though i bet you'll stall it out of PP before you kill it, assuming fire blast (not a bad way to beat it but kinda pp consuming)

**Set Up**: Pokemon that are able to set up walk all over both sets because Mega Audino's offensive process is nonexistant and thus Pokemon such as Substitute Mega Sceptile, Swords Dance Pangoro, Doublade, Swords Dance Escavalier, Nasty Plot Houndoom, and Dragon Dance Tyrantrum give it problems.

Especially since you said mega audino... Pangoro gets gleamrekt, megatile gets set up on, ranty gets gleamed hard too; i wonder if you can't just outboost doomer. Escav and ghoster blader are cool tho, and the rest do set up on normal audno (duo dislikes knock)
For some reason I thought that Mega Audino was not able to OHKO Pangoro. I was mistaken. Besides that, Mega Sceptile can 2HKO with Leaf Storm (even when boosted) and smacks it with Focus Blast, so a check. Tyrantrum smacks hard too ;;; I didn't realize this okay. All of them set up on regular Audino, though, so I'll make a mention of this.

Any mon with normal healing can do 100 in 2, that said it's only 1 turn of vulnerability to attacking (outside of feint/pursuit i guess) which is a neat thing to mention
Reworded.

yo

so, maybe i'm just really in the dark on this, but why isn't audinite a slash, rather than some brief aside? while i do understand the mentality of 'losing leftovers+regen is bad', and puts a heavier strain on it to receive its own wishes, but the bulk increase is pretty ridiculous, to the point where it should be given a bit more consideration. to illustrate this, a spdef spread takes ~34-40% from lo moltres' stab, avoiding the 2hko after sr. i can't, in any good conscious, let slip a defensive moltres counter if i can full well avoid it, ya know?
Yeah, I will slash it and give a much larger mention :>!

also, i kinda disagree with the mentality that this will be utilized primarily on balance, since i wouldn't seek to use such a momentum-burning, clunky pokemon outside of anything but [semi-]stall. in with this, if one is capable of outsourcing heal bell / aromatherapy utilities to another 'mon, toxic is a very nice option for making audino less of a sitting duck, particularly vs megas. for instance, you mention m-camerupt as pokemon this checks, but knock off is a 7-8hko with no net gain (no lo or w.e to remove), meaning that you'll constantly be forced to go into wish+protect cycles to get into a range where you can throw an attack to actually chip through the opponent, and this is assuming that ep never gets the spdef drop or it has wisp / tox, which is really reaching. what i'm trying to say is that m-camerupt tends to win this match-up when you lack tox, especially when you're non-mega.
I like Toxic, I will add it to Moves.

also, and maybe this practice has been omitted since i last did qc things, but this is just ridden with fluff. does a new user really need to be told that maximum spdef investment allows it to take special hits better, or that "Heal Bell is used in rarer instances because it's usually not going to be the most used." (that one actually is more a case of really needing rephrase, i think haha). saying something to the effect of 'a more specially defensive spread is utilized to take advantage of audino's typing, which allows him to better combat threats x,y, and z', since that actually gives the reader some indication of what the primary application of the choice is, but i'd omit anything that just comes off as self-explanatory :[l]
Removed Heal Bell sentence, it's just confusing and worded poorly. I'll reword the rest of what you mentioned though :).

i'll run back through this and check if someone doesn't do so before me, but i'd really like to see a few of these points sorted before this goes up, yeah?
:>. I've implemented everything you and tehy have said! Thank you both!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not going to stamp this as I have next to 0 experience with the Defensive set, but I will comment on the MonoCM set since I've used it a fair bit:
  • Flamethrower > Fire Blast. Greater PP and 100% accuracy make it worth using over Fire Blast if you desire a Fire-type move to begin with. Stress that you get boned by Houndoom if you use a Fire move over Dazzling Gleam though.
  • Remove Magneton. It can't reliably trap any Steel-types in RU. Tyrantrum and Dragalge can wail on them to weaken them (most lack reliable recovery) Alge can even absorb (and set up) Toxic Spikes to aid Mega Audino.
  • Note that Lanturn also has Heal Bell to wake up Mega Audino if it gets forced out after Rest, and can also use a relatively slow Volt Switch to get Mega Audino in more easily.
Good work on this unfixable.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
- When writing up (or now for reference) make sure to type something along the lines of "Calm Mind along with Rest and Sleep Talk" rather than CroDino cuz newer players might not know what that means.
- You say it has good typing, it actually doesn't. weakness to fighting, while not as bad as in XY, still sucks, and it has no resistances. Either don't mention it or say it doesn't have any resistances besides an immunity to ghost (assuming base Audino here), you also contradict urself cuz later on u mention its typing is bad lol
rest is solid

[Defensive]
"in just two turns, Audino is able to revive 62% of its health, on top of Regenerator, making Audino able to revive 95% health in just three turns."
I don't understand what this means so I doubt other players will @_@ idk, rephrase or remove

- I'm not sure about Encore mention cuz then you literally struggle when you taunt. Also are you sure about no Dazzling Gleam with Audinite mention? sounds p good for mega imo, unless Return/D-Edge hit harder; I'd still use the fairy coverage for Pangoro.
- In usage tips mention Protect being used to receive it's own wishes and mention the downside of it (people potentially seeing it a mile away and getting a free switch/set up)

rest is solid

[Calm Mind]
- I don't think Hyper Voice is worth mentioning at all. You hit poison types neutrally but on the other hand you're literally walled by Spiritomb. Dazzling Gleam hits Panda which is nice, same goes for Flamethrower. I just think that Dazzling Gleam should be used and that's it; good STAB and overall not bad neutral coverage. Against Steels it can just get to +6 and then either stall them out thanks to rest or something, either way it would always win against stuff like Registeel and Bronzong because of Rest, Calm Mind, and Sleep Talk.

"Since Audino doesn't really need Leftovers thanks to Rest, it has no competition from Audinite. ."
Remove. Literally no Pokemon doesn't like Leftovers lol, and that sentence sounds redundant tbh.

On team options, I'm a bit shaky. If CM Audino is used as a wincon for stall/semi-stall then wy are the team options so offensive?

[Checks & Counters]
Add phazing (whirlwind drapion, roar rhyperior, etc) for the CM set but note that they don't do much if Audino is the last mon. Add Haze Dragalge (works for both sets altho it doesnt like knock off)

Otherwise, looks solid.

implement and it's QC Approved 2/3, good job :heart:

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
unfixable

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Audino is a useful Wish passer that is able to keep its health up via Regenerator and has decent bulk and okay typing to back it up. With ORAS came a Mega Evolution, which allows Mega Audino to can take on the role of Calm Mind with Rest and Sleep Talk. Audino's wide defensive, and offensive, movepool is filled with options that allow it to fill certain roles; however, it's mainly just defensive roles. In this defensive role, Audino receives competition from Alomomola, from whom Audino sets itself apart through its access to Heal Bell. However, Audino and Mega Audino both have little to no offensive presence and thus leave it are extremely passive. Mega Audino comes with an opportunity cost and means that your team is unable to run Mega Steelix or any other Mega Pokemon for that matter. In normal offensive roles, Aromatisse is a huge competitor thanks to its higher power and lack of a need for a Mega Evolution Slot. Mega Audino trades Regenerator for Healer, which also means that it faces problems in recovering health, especially thanks to its lack of Leftovers. Non-Mega Audino's base form is blessed and cursed with a Normal typing, which provides no resistances in exchange for just one weakness. Audino suffers from a case of four-moveslot syndrome in both forms and is very easily set up on thanks to this. Audino itself is also completely shut down by Taunt. Nonetheless, Audino carves a niche as a WishPasser with Regenerator.

Defensive
########

Moves
========

Wish keeps Audino healthy and is able to be passed to Audino's teammates for them to receive a large chunk of health. Heal Bell is a cleric move that rids Audino's team of status, specifically Toxic. Protect can be useful to scout for moves but is mainly used to ensure Wish takes effect, and it allows Audino to slowly recover health via Leftovers; in just two turns, Audino is able to revive 62% of its health, on top of Regenerator, making Audino able to revive 95% health in just three turns. Knock Off is extremely weak, but it is used for its utility in removing Leftovers, Eviolites, and other assorted items. Instead of Knock Off, both Encore and Return are options. Encore prevents Audino from becoming a setup fodder, while Return is a consistent and semi-powerful STAB move. However, Encore means Audino is utterly crippled by Taunt. When using Audinite, Dazzling Gleam should be run in the last slot. If another teammate is already providing Heal Bell / Aromatherapy support, then Toxic is a very useful option over in this slot because it means Audino can actually break things it's supposed to be walling.

Set Details
========

Audinite is an option because it provides a fantastic Fairy typing and much larger bulk. Though However, Leftovers and Regenerator give it fair competition. Maximum Special Defense investment is useful to better take on and pivot out of special attacks from the likes Choice Scarf Moltres, Dragalage, Mega Sceptile, Choice Scarf Meloetta, and Mega Camerupt. A Careful nature is chosen to further increase Audino's bulk this and lowers Special Attack because the only attack is Knock Off. Regenerator is extremely useful because it allows Audino to regain health just by switching and works well in tandem with Wish.

Usage Tips
========

Audino should be played like a typical defensive Pokemon: (colon) switch into hits it's able to take and go from there. Abusing Regenerator to the fullest is a good place to start when using Audino; it shouldn't be afraid to switch. If you fear that a setup sweeper is coming in, the best course of option is to immediately switch out to a partner. Wish can be used to recover health Audino and should, but it's often going to be passed to a teammate. Heal Bell is a bit rarer because status isn't nearly as widespread, but it's useful nonetheless; (SC) just don't expect to be using it too often. Audino takes a pivoting role, use it as such. this sentence is just totally out of place and is pretty grammatically incorrect Protect is useful to scout for Fighting-type coverage and in general, while also ensuring ensure Wish is received, so be sure to take advantage of its uses!

Team Options
========

Steel-types, such as Registeel, Bronzong, and Mega Steelix when not running Audinite, make for good partners because of the synergy between them and Audino. Audino is best suited on balanced teams for its cleric capabilities and ability to pass Wish. Gligar offers wonderful defensive synergy with Audino and appreciates Heal Bell from Audino to rid it of status. Amoonguss and Tangrowth both form powerful Regenerator cores that can be quite hard to take on. Alomomola can also take this role, but it and Audino's roles are very similar and it is a bit redundant to use them together. Typical defensive Pokemon, such as Registeel, Lanturn, Bronzong, Spiritomb, and Tangrowth, amongst others, that lack instant recovery are good partners as well. Not-so-defensive Pokemon that also appreciate Wish include Kabutops, Seismitoad, Druddigon, and Rhyperior, and Escavalier.

Calm Mind
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense to very high heights and boosts its mediocre Special Attack to a somewhat threatening level. Rest and Sleep Talk restore Mega Audino's health and remove any harmful status instantly. Sleep Talk can also pick Calm Mind while Mega Audino is asleep to continue to boost. Dazzling Gleam is Mega Audino's attacking move and is used over Hyper Voice because nothing is immune to it and Dazzling Gleam gets very good neutral coverage. Flamethrower is an option to hit Steel-types, but then Mega Audino is walled by Houndoom and give it free setup turns, and Dazzling Gleam is more useful in general.

Set Details
========

Maximum defensive investment and a Bold nature increase Mega Audino's physical bulk because Clam Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense. Audinite boosts Audino's bulk all-around and gives it a useful Fairy typing. Regenerator is super useful pre-Mega Evolution so Audino can shrug off damage and recover health for later in the match.

Usage Tips
========

Save Mega Evolving Audino until later in the match so its base form is able to take advantage of Regenerator. After Mega Evolving, Mega Audino is better equipped to take on Dragon-types so keep this in mind when choosing the specific time to Mega Evolve. Mega Audino receives massive competition from Aromatisse, which is more powerful off the bat, has a better typing, and is immune to Taunt, so it Audino has to be careful to use Regenerator and its ability to Mega Evolve to the fullest or it runs the risk of being outclassed. Mega Audino's only coverage is Fairy, so don't try to set up too early or Mega Audino will be forced out. Thus, beginning to Calm Mind mid- to or late-game is often best so Mega Audino can attempt a sweep on weakened teams. Mega Audino should only use Rest when nearing a bit under 40% health if possible as Sleep Talk can be a bit unreliable and select Rest instead of Calm Mind or Dazzling Gleam. Mega Audino can switch into Knock Off with ease, so it can also take a pivotal role pre-Mega Evolution.

Team Options
========

Partners to Pokemon that eliminate Steel-types that resist Dazzling Gleam, such as Dugtrio and Moltres, make for good partners. Other Calm Mind users such as Reuniclus work well because they can use their respective coverage to be a pain for the opposing team. Gligar takes on Fighting-types for non-Mega Audino pre-Mega Evolving and is a useful partner to keep entry hazards away and pivot in with U-turn. Powerful hitters such as Mega Glalie, Dragalge, and Mega Camerupt, are pains for Mega Audino, thus making defensive Pokemon such as Bronzong and Lanturn good partners. Lanturn is also able to bring in Mega Audino via Volt Switch and can use Heal Bell in case Mega Audino is forced out after using Rest.

Other Options
########

Fire Blast is useful to hit Steel-types but once it is revealed it loses its usefulness. Healing Wish is an extremely useful pivot move for offensive pivoting and bringing a partner with full health benefits. Psyshock hits Poison-types and beats other Calm Mind users one-on-one but gets fairly poor coverage and lacks STAB. Reflect and Light Screen are options as a Regenerator pivot, but it's generally not that useful of a combination and better Pokemon such as X can pull it off. Ice Beam smacks Gligar but Audino can muscle through Gligar anyway. Thunder Wave and Toxic are useful to spread status. Trick Room on Trick Room teams is useful. Shadow Ball could be used as coverage but it's pretty average as a whole. As a weather pivot, Audino could be used, as it learns Rain Dance and Sunny Day, but it's generally mediocre in this role.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Pokemon**: Pokemon that are able to set up walk all over Audino both sets because Mega Audino's should this be non-Mega Audino? offensive presence process is nonexistant and thus Pokemon such as Substitute Mega Sceptile, Swords Dance Pangoro, Doublade, Swords Dance Escavalier, Nasty Plot Houndoom, and Dragon Dance Tyrantrum give its base form problems. Mega Sceptile, Pangoro, and Tyrantrum are all hit very hard by Dazzling Gleam from Mega Audino, so they must be wary.

**Taunt**: Dazzling Gleam and Knock Off are weak, so without boosts or anything they Audino will fail to hurt much. Taunt also prevents Audno from using Wish or Heal Bell, its main niche. Taunt could come from Pangoro, Drapion, or Golbat, though Pangoro has to watch out for Dazzling Gleam thanks to its 4x weakness.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types, such as Mega Steelix, Bronzong, Cobalion, Doublade, and Escavalier, resist Dazzling Gleam and smack Mega Audino with their STAB moves. These Pokemon are able to pivot into Dazzling Gleam and shrug it off with ease, while Cobalion and Mega Steelix easily shrug off Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types hit pre non-Mega Audino form for super effective damage and smack defensive sets with their powerful moves. Fighting-types can not break through Mega Audino so easily, however, only defensive sets and other normal Audino. These Pokemon have to watch out for Dazzling Gleam, though because they are weak to it and often can not switch into Dazzling Gleam.

**Phasing and Haze**: Getting Audino off the field will mess up its Wish chain and remove any boosts it has on the Calm Mind set. This could come from Whirlwind Drapion or Roar Rhyperior. Haze from Dragalge completely resets Mega Audino's boosts as well.

1/2

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Get chekt

unfixable

Delete in RED
Add in BLUE
And, all new... fluff in BOLD

You sure all the OO stuff is worth it? Some of it looked pretty jank.
Comments:

Overview: the first two sentences didn't really need to be combined, but the first sentence is kinda awkward; when combined, your first sentence talks about all of Audino's sets/roles, which is kind of better. Also, there's a solid argument that 'calm mind with rest and sleep talk' is a role, but i don't think you were going for that and it's kinda awkward.

Defensive set details:
Like I said last time, 95% in 3 turns is really unimpressive; any mon with Recover or Roost or w/e can do 100 in 2. One vulnerable turn=kickass though. Also, HP investment is worth mentioning, and moving the Careful mention is a great space saver.

Calm Mind Moves:Dude, your Sleep Talk explanation is wonky as hell; it doesn't heal you (makes rest viable but doesn't heal you) and it can select gleam or cm, clean this up

Calm Mind set details: evs explanation vis a vis calm mind made less of a non sequitur. Also, being Trick immune is a fairly large advantage to being a mega, just saying.

Fluff:

1: is it really? Other than wish/heal bell/calm mind which you already talked about, idk lol

2. Jeez that's long.

3: hyper voice is umentioned so clearly Dazzling Gleam is better. If that's a moves mention, you did it wrong

Overview
########

Audino is a Wish passer that is able to keep its health up via Regenerator and has decent bulk and okay typing to back it up.,(period to comma) while Mega Audino can take on the role of a defensive Calm Mind user with Rest and Sleep Talk. Audino's wide defensive movepool is filled with options that allow it to fill certain roles.(period) Audino receives competition from Alomomola, from whom Audino sets itself apart through its access to Heal Bell. However, Audino and Mega Audino both have little to no offensive presence and are thus extremely passive. In offensive roles, Aromatisse is a huge competitor thanks to its higher power and lack of a need for a Mega Evolution. Mega Audino trades Regenerator for Healer, which also means that it faces problems in recovering health, especially thanks to its lack of Leftovers and Regenerator. Non-Mega Audino's is blessed and cursed with a Normal typing, which provides no resistances in exchange for just one weakness. Audino suffers from a case of four-moveslot syndrome in both forms and is very easily set up on thanks to this. Audino itself is also completely shut down by Taunt..

Defensive
########

Moves
========

Wish keeps Audino healthy and is able to be passed to Audino's teammates for them to receive a large chunk of health. Heal Bell rids Audino's team of status, specifically Toxic. Protect can be useful to scout for moves but is mainly used to ensure Wish takes effect, and allows Audino to slowly recover health via Leftovers; in just two turns, Audino is able to revive 62% of its health, on top of Regenerator, making Audino able to revive 95% health in just three turns. along with Regenerator, Wish and Protect can restore 95% of Audino's health while only leaving it vulnerable for three turns. Knock Off is extremely weak, but it is used for its utility in removing Leftovers, Eviolites, and other assorted items. Instead of Knock Off, both Encore and Return are options.; Encore prevents Audino from becoming setup fodder, while Return is a consistent and semi-powerful STAB move.,(period to comma) However,(rc)though choosing Encore means Audino is utterly crippled by Taunt. When using Audinite, Dazzling Gleam should be run in the last slot. If another teammate is already providing Heal Bell / Aromatherapy support, then Toxic is a very useful option in this slot because it means Audino can actually break things it's supposed to be walling.

Set Details
========

Audinite is an option because it provides a fantastic Fairy typing and much larger bulk.;(period to semicolon) Hhowever, Leftovers and Regenerator give it fair competition. Maximum HP and Special Defense investment is with a Calm nature are useful to better take and pivot out of special attacks from the likes of Choice Scarf Moltres, Dragalage, Mega Sceptile, Choice Scarf Meloetta, and Mega Camerupt. A Careful nature is chosen to further increase Audino's bulk. Regenerator is extremely useful because it allows Audino to regain health just by switching and works well in tandem with Wish.

Usage Tips
========

Audino should be played like a typical defensive Pokemon: switch into hits it's able to take and go from there. Abusing Regenerator to the fullest is a good place to start when using Audino; it shouldn't be afraid to switch. If you fear that a setup sweeper is coming in, the best course of option is to immediately switch out to a partner. Wish can be used to recover health, but it's often going to be passed to a teammate. Heal Bell is a bit rarer because status isn't nearly as widespread, but it's useful nonetheless; just don't expect to be using it too often. Protect is useful to scout for Fighting-type coverage and ensure Wish is received, so be sure to take advantage of its uses!

Team Options
========

Steel-types, such as Registeel,(rc) and Bronzong, and as well as Mega Steelix when not running Audinite, make for good partners because of the synergy between them and Audino. Audino is best suited on balanced teams for its cleric capabilities and ability to Wish pass Wish. Gligar offers wonderful defensive synergy with Audino and appreciates Heal Bell from Audino to rid it of status. Amoonguss and Tangrowth both form powerful Regenerator cores with Audino that can be quite hard to take on. Alomomola can also take this role, but it and Audino's roles are very similar and it is a bit redundant to use them together. Typical defensive Pokemon, such as Registeel, Lanturn, Bronzong, Spiritomb, and Tangrowth, that lack instant recovery,(ac) are good partners as well. Not-so-defensive Pokemon that also appreciate Wish include Kabutops, Seismitoad, Druddigon, Rhyperior, and Escavalier.

Calm Mind
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense to very high heights and boosts its mediocre Special Attack to a somewhat threatening level. Rest and Sleep Talk restores Mega Audino's health and removes any harmful status instantly.,(period to comma) and Sleep Talk can also pick Calm Mind while Mega Audino is asleep to continue to boost. Dazzling Gleam is Mega Audino's attacking move and is used over Hyper Voice because nothing is immune to it and Dazzling Gleam gets very good neutral coverage. Flamethrower is an option to hit Steel-types, but then Mega Audino is walled by Houndoom and gives it free setup turns, and Dazzling Gleam is more useful in general.

Set Details
========

Maximum defensive investment and a Bold nature increase Mega Audino's physical bulk,(ac) because Clam since Calm Mind boosts Mega Audino's Special Defense enough as it is. Audinite boosts Audino's bulk all-around and gives it a useful Fairy typing,(ac) while making it immune to Trick. Regenerator is super useful pre-Mega Evolution so Audino can shrug off damage and recover health for later in the match.

Usage Tips
========

Save Mega Evolving Audino until later in the match so it is able to take advantage of Regenerator. After Mega Evolving, Mega Audino is better equipped to take on Dragon-types, so keep this in mind when choosing the specific time when to Mega Evolve. Mega Audino receives massive competition from Aromatisse, which is more powerful off the bat, has a better typing, and is immune to Taunt, so Audino has to be careful to use Regenerator and its ability to Mega Evolve to the fullest or it runs the risk of being outclassed. Mega Audino's only coverage is Fairy, so don't try to set up too early or Mega Audino it will be forced out. Thus,;(remove period and comma, semicolon) beginning to Calm Mind mid- or late-game is often best so Mega Audino can attempt a sweep on weakened teams. Mega Audino should only use Rest when nearing a bit under 40% health if possible, as Sleep Talk can be a bit unreliable and select Rest instead of Calm Mind or Dazzling Gleam. Mega Audino can switch into Knock Off with ease, so it can also take a pivotal pivoting role pre-Mega Evolution.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that eliminate Steel-types that resist Dazzling Gleam, such as Dugtrio and Moltres, make for good partners. Other Calm Mind users such as Reuniclus work well because they can use their coverage to be a pain for the opposing team. Gligar takes on Fighting-types for non-Mega Audino and is a useful partner to keep entry hazards away and pivot in with U-turn. Powerful hitters such as Mega Glalie, Dragalge, and Mega Camerupt, are pains for Mega Audino, thus making defensive Pokemon such as Bronzong and Lanturn good partners. Lanturn is also able to bring in Mega Audino via Volt Switch and can use Heal Bell in case Mega Audino is forced out after using Rest.

Other Options
########

Fire Blast is useful to hit Steel-types but once it is revealed it loses its usefulness. Healing Wish is an extremely useful move for offensive pivoting and bringing a partner with full health. Psyshock hits Poison-types and beats other Calm Mind users one-on-one but gets fairly poor coverage and lacks STAB. Reflect and Light Screen are options as a Regenerator pivot, but it's generally not that useful of a combination and better Pokemon such as Uxie can pull it off. Ice Beam smacks Gligar but Audino can muscle through Gligar anyway. Thunder Wave and Toxic are useful to spread status. Trick Room on Trick Room teams is useful. Shadow Ball could be used as coverage but it's pretty average as a whole. As a weather pivot, Audino could be used as a weather pivot, as it learns Rain Dance and Sunny Day, but it's generally mediocre in this role.

Checks & Counters
########

**Setup Pokemon**: Pokemon that are able to set up walk all over Audino because Mega Audino's offensive presence is nonexistant and; thus,(ac) Pokemon such as Substitute Mega Sceptile, Swords Dance Pangoro, Doublade, Swords Dance Escavalier, Nasty Plot Houndoom, and Dragon Dance Tyrantrum give it problems. Mega Sceptile, Pangoro, and Tyrantrum are all hit very hard by Dazzling Gleam from Mega Audino,(ac) however, so they must be wary.

**Taunt**: Dazzling Gleam and Knock Off are weak, so without boosts Audino will fail to hurt much. Taunt also prevents Audino from using Wish or,(ac) Heal Bell, or Calm Mind,(ac) which comprise its main niches. Taunt could come from Pangoro, Drapion, or Golbat, though Pangoro has to watch out for Dazzling Gleam thanks to its 4x weakness and Golbat won't appreciate losing its Eviolite.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types hit non-Mega Audino for super effective damage.,(period to comma) Fighting-types but can not break through Mega Audino so easily,(rc) however,(rc) only defensive sets and normal Audino. These Pokemon and have to watch out for Dazzling Gleam,(rc) from it though.

**Phasing and Haze**: Getting Audino off the field will mess up its Wish reception chain and remove any boosts it has on the Calm Mind set.;(period to semicolon, decapitalize) Tthis could come from Whirlwind Drapion or Roar Rhyperior. Haze from Dragalge completely resets Mega Audino's boosts as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)