Autobots, Roll Out! (OU Hyperoffense)

Hi everybody! This is my second RMT on the site, and I actually think I need some help with this team. One of my primary thoughts when I was building this team was how to bring together so many of the strong threats in today's metagame. One of these threats, Volcarona, requires a ton of team support. I didn't really want to base the whole team around it, yet I did, but more on that later. I'm not really going to explain any of the movesets too you because these are all pretty standard. Without further ado, I present to you my hyperoffense team. (Also, just a side note, does anyone want to teach me basic html?)

Bumblebee (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 Def / 252 HP / 52 Spd
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
Volcarona is one of the premier sweepers introduced in BW and this is all thanks to it's fantastic stat distribution and it's rather unique boosting move in Quiver Dance. Sadly, Volcarona has huge problems with all forms of entry hazard. However, on this team, Volcarona isn't typically used for my late game cleaner. Instead, I choose to bring him in on a predicted Stealth Rock and begin setting up with Quiver Dance right away. Since most common Stealth Rock setters can't deal with Volcarona, it has no problem getting a boost or two off. It can then proceed to knock out a few of the opponent's pokemon while softening up whatever it can't kill. Having done it's job for the most part, it can either be used as fodder or it can try to get a second wind later in the game.

Ironhide (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
Starmie's principal role on this team is as a rapid spinner. Originally I had a Forretress for the job, but I abandoned it after I realized it could do nothing to prominent spinblockers like Gengar and Jellicent. I couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to use Starmie or Tentacruel on this team, but in the end, I opted for Starmie. While Tentacruel provides utility for a team, Starmie is excellent for dealing with rain teams, as well as being able to punch noticeable holes in many pokemon, such as Latios, Latias, Terrakion, Keldeo, and other fast threats. While the abominable pink blobs may wall Starmie to hell and back, Starmie was never more than an offensive spinner for the team.

Sideswipe (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Superpower
Out of all the member of the team, I feel as though Mamoswine is the most replaceable. While the ability to revenge kill most of the dragon types in the tier with Ice Shard, it's not exactly needed on this team. In team preview, people normally assume it is my Stealth Rock setter, which allows me to use that to my advantage. Besides that, it doesn't really offer anything else to the team. Suggestions for replacements?

Jazz (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
Let me just start off by saying how much I love Salamence. It is such a great offensive powerhouse. After Volcarona has done it's job, Salamence can usually be brought in to either revenge kill, thus grabbing a Moxie boost and possibly finishing off the remainder of the team, or it could be brought in to simply pick up where Volcarona left off, giving my last win condition a chance to finish the remainder of their team. Salamence is great. It can break down Dragonite, destroy non-scarf Garchomp as well as Latios and Latias. It also fares well against non-scarf Musketeers. Overall, Scarf Salamence is an excellent revenge killer but also functions well as a cleaner.

Optimus Prime (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
Ah Scizor. You are by far one of the best pokemon in OverUsed. It's really no wonder why you've been at the top of the usage stats for so long. While most people believe you are a Choice Band set, they tremble in horror as you begin setting up Swords Dance. Due to its plethora of resistances, Scizor can usually find a safe switch in. Scizor can be brought in after a Choiced resisted move whose user usually fears Pursuit from Scizor. While the Choice user continues to attack, Scizor can nab a boost. If the enemy still thinks you have pursuit, you could nab another boost, or you could go straight for the Bullet Punch. Scizor is the final win condition on this team, and usually pulls through in the end. The only thing is, Scizor needs to be careful of burns as there is no cleric on this team.

Grapple (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
Finally, we have Garchomp. Garchomp is a complete monster. Most people don't think it's my lead due to Mamoswine being on my team, as I have mentioned. When people see me lead with Garchomp, I assume they shit themselves. Garchomp is such a great lead in this metagame. It can essentially beat almost every other lead. Other leads can't hold a candle to Garchomp's power and abilty. Even Terrakion can't beat Garchomp. The wonderful thing about Garchomp is that it can always come back in later to bruise anything with it's fantastic STABs, or set up Rocks once more. It can even be used as a last resort sweeper thanks to Swords Dance.​

This rounds out my team. One of the problems that this team has is that it's very vulnerable to status. But with smart switching, most statuses can be avoided. Other options include trading out Mamoswine for a cleric of sorts. Please leave your suggestions!

Hello! That's a cool team you have there, and you've swapped some roles of Pokemon to surprise your opponent. You have an Ice weakness with your Dragon types, and your only resistance is Starmie, who has only decent bulk, can cause some problems for your sweeper and lead. Therefore I suggest you replace Garchomp with an arguably better Pokemon, Terrakion. It can hit very hard with it's 129 base Speed stat. It can also outspeed many leads, and can also force them out. It can set up Stealth Rocks, which was what Garchomp was for. It can Taunt foes, and hit everything hard. The only eyebrow-lifter is the potential Water weakness, so to fix that, replace Mamoswine with Jellicent. It can spread burn with Scald and Will-o-Wisp, and can even go a bit offensive with Water Spout. But the main reason I reccomend Jellicent is for that Water Absorb ability.

As for the little nitpicks: Volcarona's EV's should all be dumped into SpA and Spd. Here are the sets:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword / Close Combat

and

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball / Giga Drain / Ice Beam

I hope you do well on the ladder! :D

Fire blast is not very good, bad accuracy and you have on 4 Eva in attack maybe let it towards hp. This team is quite standard. Replace roost with aerial ace or something else. Scizor isn't going to be touched, just ko ing with priority bullet punch

Hello! That's a cool team you have there, and you've swapped some roles of Pokemon to surprise your opponent. You have an Ice weakness with your Dragon types, and your only resistance is Starmie, who has only decent bulk, can cause some problems for your sweeper and lead. Therefore I suggest you replace Garchomp with an arguably better Pokemon, Terrakion. It can hit very hard with it's 129 base Speed stat. It can also outspeed many leads, and can also force them out. It can set up Stealth Rocks, which was what Garchomp was for. It can Taunt foes, and hit everything hard. The only eyebrow-lifter is the potential Water weakness, so to fix that, replace Mamoswine with Jellicent. It can spread burn with Scald and Will-o-Wisp, and can even go a bit offensive with Water Spout. But the main reason I reccomend Jellicent is for that Water Absorb ability.

As for the little nitpicks: Volcarona's EV's should all be dumped into SpA and Spd. Here are the sets:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword / Close Combat

and

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic / Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Shadow Ball / Giga Drain / Ice Beam

I hope you do well on the ladder! :D

Thanks for the suggestions! Terrakion probably would fit this team better as will Jellicent and I will try using them on my team. The thing about my Volcarona EV's is that I was going for more bulk rather than immediate power. The defense and hp EVs allow me to take hits better and let me set up Quiver Dance multiple times. But besides that, thanks for the sets!

Fire blast is not very good, bad accuracy and you have on 4 Eva in attack maybe let it towards hp. This team is quite standard. Replace roost with aerial ace or something else. Scizor isn't going to be touched, just ko ing with priority bullet punch
I'm only running Fire Blast because it allows me to take out Ferrothorn and all the other Steel types, bar Heatran, that Earthquake can't touch. It doesn't need to hit anything else besides that. And I'm using Roost on Scizor because it gives it more durability. I would have used Superpower if I was going for a more offensive swords dance set, but I'm not, so I chose roost instead. Still, thanks for your input.

the trade off in power makes fire blast more than worth it imo

nice team in general, i would leave mamoswine in if nothing else for the sole reason of priority ice. the terrakion idea is pretty solid too. let us know how jellicent works out.

Hey StrawHatIan

So nice team you have there, it has some problems that I'll try to remove.
Overall your main problem is wheater, since you can't really deal with Rain and Sun also gives you problems.
I'll try to cover each member of your team detailedly and say what it can do better and why.

To start your team its supposed to be an Hyper Offensive team, and I think Defensive Volcarona is only pushing your team backwards so changing it to an Offensive one (252 sp.atk/4 sp.def/252speed modest) will benefit your team, so change roost with giga drain to deal with keldeo/terrakion/politoed etc, also switch fiery dance with fire blast so you have more firepower, keep in mind that Volcarona should be used as a late game cleaner instead of the way you use it.

Next I suggest changing your Starmie to a more Defensive one(252 hp/40 def/ 216 speed timid) and run Recover over Ice beam, since you already have Mamoswine you don't really need Ice beam and running recover will let starmie stay around for longer to spin the rocks for Volcarona and Salamanece.

Now for Mamoswine I suggest switching adamant with jolly to take care of timid heatran, so Scizor has no problems sweeping the rest of the opponents team, and Icicle Spear over Icicle Crash since it has better accuracy and has the ability to break subs, also if you want you can run Substitute on one of the moves since it causes lots of switches and that way you don't have to predict too much.

Keep your Salamence the way it is.

On scizor you could use some more power so make it an offensive swords dance, just change your ev spread to 252 atk/4 sp.def/252 speed with Adamant and Life orb and switch bug bite with superpower so you can do some great damage to opposing scizors and some other usual pokes, it also does around ~70% to Skarmory at +2, and since bug bite isn't that useful you won't miss it, and change roostwith quick attack so you can kill pokes that resist bullet punch like opposing Volcaronas and Thundurus.

For last, Garchomp isn't doing much to your team besides setting up SR, so I suggest changing it with Tyranitar so you still have a way to set-up SR while giving you more chances to win the wheater war since only having Tyranitar on your team will put your opponentes play carefully with they wheater starters, it also gives you a way to take care of the Lati twins, it also lures Skarmory in to take a Fire Blast, leaving the bird melting.The set should be as the following:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 116 Spd / 140 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

The speed is to speed creep Jellicent and other tyranitars, max attack to have some powerful STAB's and the rest is in sp.atk to make Fire blast more powerful to kill the usual steel types, especially Skarmory, which walled half your team before these changes.

With these changes you also have a way to take care of Keldeo through Volcarona with Giga drain, Sand and Starmie.

This was my first "real" rate with some help of Neliel.
Good luck with your team!

Hi Revontheus! Thank you for the rate.
I like you suggestions for the most part. However, I don't think I'm going to take your Tyranitar set as Sandstorm isn't that beneficial to my team. I've tried both Terrakion and Tyranitar on this team, and I have discovered that Terrakion performs the role as a stealth rock setter so much better on this team. Additionaly, I think I will keep Bug Bite on Scizor but I'll replace Roost with Superpower. Bug Bite helps me take care of Lati@s. Besides that, thanks for the great rate!

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi Revontheus! Thank you for the rate.
I like you suggestions for the most part. However, I don't think I'm going to take your Tyranitar set as Sandstorm isn't that beneficial to my team. I've tried both Terrakion and Tyranitar on this team, and I have discovered that Terrakion performs the role as a stealth rock setter so much better on this team. Additionaly, I think I will keep Bug Bite on Scizor but I'll replace Roost with Superpower. Bug Bite helps me take care of Lati@s. Besides that, thanks for the great rate!
Just to clarify, tyranitar assure you to not have your volcarona stab weakened every time you meet a politoed (often).
Also as for bug bite, bullet punch koes after a sword dance, if you use bug bite you risk getting koed by hp fire or seriously damaged by surf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)