B/W Standard OU RMT - Bulky Offense 101

This team is the result of my best analysis of the metagame and a shitload of boredom over a span of a few weeks. I've been working on this for quite some time and it's lost very, very few matches since the early stages of testing. There are some unorthodox choices on this team that really catch people by surprise and I win a lot of matches because of them so if something looks silly, you're more than welcome to throw it up in my face and I'll be happy to defend my choices as best I can. I'm pretty confident that this is the best team that I've ever made, however, and I can't wait to start playing seriously on the ladder with this. So on to the team.

Team-Building Process:

I started building this team on the foundation of Magnezone + Haxorus because they compliment each other very nicely. Everyone knows that Magnezone gels with Dragons extremely well, eliminating those pesky Steel-types so that your big guys can come in and knock holes in the opponent's team. Well, that holds true even moreso with Haxorus because not only does it knock holes in the opponent's team, it completely DESTROYS the opponent's team if threats like Scizor and Ferrothorn are disposed of early enough.

Next, I knew that I was going to need a decent lead to set up Rocks and check opposing weather teams and what does that better than Tyranitar? And at this point I knew I was going to need a Fighting resist, and Gyarados just seemed to be the perfect choice, doubling as my bulky Water and another hard Scizor counter if death befalls Magnezone.

I knew I wanted Wish, but I knew that I didn't want Blissey and I knew that I didn't want Vaporeon because I already had too many Pokemon that just got straight raped by Fighting-types and I already had a bulky Water. That left Jirachi, and I've never looked back. It's fucking incredible with the right support and has ended up becoming a staple member of the team.

With 4 Ice resists, I felt very comfortable putting another Dragon on my team, and with the huge lack of special-attackers, Latios seemed like the perfect fit. It's Specs set is one of the most devastating things I've ever witnessed in Pokemon, even with the power creep in B/W, it's pretty amazing that something so simple as spamming Draco Meteors can wreak so much havoc on unprepared teams.

After testing that version of the team extensively and moving around EVs and movesets for like a week, I came up with this and I haven't regretted a thing. My team was hating the Sandstorm, seeing as it really detracted from Haxorus' and Gyarados' bulkiness, so 'Tar was reluctantly replaced, and with that I wasn't comfortable running Latios anymore and traded up for Dragonite, which has paid off tenfold considering it's by far the top physical threat in today's metagame. (Fuck Scizor.)

In-Depth:

Azelf @ Expert Belt Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

• Stealth Rock - Stealth Rock is the most important entry hazard conceivable right now due to a number of threats that it completely disables like Dragonite and ANY Pokemon with Focus Sash or Flying/Fire typing. It cripples Choice-users and Volt-Turn teams to an extent, and is an absolute must on any competitive team.

• Flamethrower - I chose to utilize Flamethrower on this set because people LOVE to switch in Scizor on Azelf and BP/Pursuit/U-Turn away, all of which Azelf survives (Without a Focus Sash!) and OHKOs. This also hits overconfident Ferrothorns, Forretresses, Skarmories and Hail teams, among other things. This is a pretty self-explanatory and well justified choice in my opinion.

• Hidden Power [Ice] - HP Ice is here to cover my glaring weakness to other Dragons that get cocky and switch in on my Rocks/Flamethrowers and think that they're going to get a free turn to set up. This is mainly aimed at Dragonite, but Azelf outspeeds both Latis, Salamence and Haxorus and does a huge amount of damage to them with HP Ice, so this move really isn't for one specific threat. I'm also offered a huge range of coverage with this + Psychic + Flamethrower.

• Psychic - Azelf's Psychic is retardedly powerful. Think of this as Latios' Draco Meteor, but it doesn't hit quite as hard. My reasoning for using this over Psyshock is that I'm going to be using Azelf as a hard counter for things such as Bulk Up Breloom and Conkledurr and Psyshock is much less effective against those 'mons after a few defense boosts; I'd like to get the OHKO.
Azelf is a very underrated Pokemon in B/W due to so many different, ridiculously powerful Pokemon existing in the metagame, but Azelf's movepool and stat distribution make it an incredibly versatile and real threat to most teams that don't run horrible shit like Blissey. Able to set up Rocks and then effectively sweep an entire team of six 'mons due to it's huge speed and attacking stats, Azelf is a Pokemon in it's own tier right now because it can really do a lot of things that nothing else can do. And yes, I do realize that Alakazam is a much more sturdy alternative to this guy, but it can't set up Rocks and it doesn't have Levitate, which makes this my main Gliscor and Landorus check/counter. This little guy can also survive a Scarf'd Stone Edge from Terrakion and fire back a super-effective Psychic. Azelf has really caught me by surprise.
Synergy:

Gyarados, Dragonite, Magnezone. Depending on what the opponent's Pokemon is I may just stay in and fire off a Flamethrower.

Jirachi, Magnezone, Dragonite, Gyarados. This is largely dependant on if the opponent's Pokemon is physically or specially-oriented, but regardless I have it handled.

I'm probably going to stay in and fire off a Psychic, because it's probably Gengar, but if it's a Jellicent or something silly like that, Jirachi and Magnezone have it covered methinks, considering neither of them really mind the burn/Toxic.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SDef / 40 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

• Body Slam - I chose to use Body Slam over Thunder Wave on this Flinchrachi set because it's just got versatility on it's side. I know that I can spam Body Slam on a switch and probably Paralyze something that's not Jellicent or X Ghost-Type and then... it's useless.

• Iron Head - This is part 2 of the Paraflinch combo that makes Jirachi so god damned annoying. Iron Head is here for STAB and to make sure that your Pokemon CANT DO ANYTHING. I've had more people ragequit just because they switched into a stray Body Slam, got Para'd and got flinch hax'd 90-trillion times in a row.

• Protect - Protect seems like an inferior option to Thunder/Ice/Fire Punch here, but my justification for it is that Jirachi is my very first line of defense against Rain teams and Protect gives Jirachi some necessary recovery time in-between spamming Body Slams and Wishes to stay alive. It also helps me scout Heatrans/Scizors etc. to see if it's safe to switch X teammate in and begin setting up.

• Wish - Wish is the primary reason I chose to run Jirachi. It's just an incredible move that can contribute a lot to any particular Pokemon that can use it and any team said Pokemon is included in. My reasoning behind Wish is that it makes Jirachi never die, and on top of that it helps my other guys without reliable recovery have a very hard time dying as well considering the fact that they're already bulky without a free 200 HP.
Jirachi has crippled more teams than I can count due to it's unparallelled bulk and attacking capabilities. Think Stallbreaker Mew that actually poses a threat and doesn't just sit around Will-O-Wisping. Not to mention Jirachi can pass Wishes to the rest of my team and increase my overall longevity in the battle infinitesimally. Jirachi can take just about anything thrown at it as well, and swing back with a crippling Body Slam or the ever-so-annoying Wishpass-into-a-counter (Or set-up sweeper) play. I'm under the impression that Jirachi is better now than it has ever been due to the new B/W threats that it can just destroy. Slowly.

Synergy:

Gyarados, Dragonite and Haxorus have this on lock and really, really like to set up on Fire Pokemon.

Azelf and Gyarados are both very hard counters to Gliscor primarily, and most ground-types in general seeing as they can switch in and OHKO unscathed. If I can make a read on an in-coming Earthquake, I more than likely go to Gyarados first to check the movset because it's a little bulkier than Azelf. Ground-types without a hard-hitting Ice-Type move are also set-up fodder for Dragonite.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd

• Substitute - The very first think you may have noticed is that this isn't a ScarfZone set. This means several things, firstly that it's got a lot more staying power than conventional 'Zones. Secondly, I get to run Substitute and set up on Steels that can't hurt me. >:] Substitute is here to bolster damage taken, to psuedo-scout, and to prevent nasty statuses. Pretty self-explanatory.

• Charge Beam - Charge Beam is here because when Magnezone switches in on a Steel that it knows can't hurt it like Scizor stuck on BP or Ferrothorn, it really wants to sit behind a Sub and gain +6 SAtk. This, again is pretty self-explanatory.

• Thunderbolt - Thunderbolt is redundant, but Magnezone needs this obligatory STAB move to destroy Steels and other random 'mons after statting up. The chance to paralyze has also been pretty significant in some battles, and I'm actually considering changing this to Discharge to contribute more to the theme of "Steels paralyze and kill random shit, Dragons kill everything else."

• Hidden Power [Ice] - This is where it gets fucking weird, but also professional as hell. A lot of you are going to look at this and call me a retarded retard, but that's okay, because this is what makes this moveset shine. Gliscor and Landorus are running rampant everywhere, yes? Dragons is the most commonly spammed offensive typing in OU currently, yes? Ground Pokemon in general like Dugtrio and Donphan love to switch into Magnezone and think that they've locked down a free kill, yes? Okay, well this rather odd choice absolutely wrecks the metagame's shit, especially behind a Sub. I don't need HP Fire because a +1 or +2 Thunderbolt is going to rape Scizor's asshole regardless of type, and a +6 Hidden Power [Ice] is going to one-shot Ferrothorn WHILE I maintain my Substitute, AND I get to counter all of those threats as well. Yes, Forretress may set up Spikes/Toxic Spikes, but the cool thing is that I don't really give any shits whatsoever.
Nearly every successful team I've ever made has had Magnezone on it in some form or another. This Pokemon is just awesome and really exploits a team's and players' weaknesses ALL the time. There is at least 1 match in every 5 where I have someone say "fucking Magnezone" in the chat and leave the game. That's because Magnezone's reliability and power are pretty much unrivaled and it's resistances are so sick right now. Yes, it actually has some shitty defensive typing, but the fact that it can absolutely destroy pretty much anything your opponent's going to switch in handily makes this a really, really solid Pokemon and a nightmare to deal with. As much as I like this set, however, I am considering testing the Dual-Screen set. Anyone know if it's even worth a shot?

Synergy:

Azelf loves to come in on Fighting guys if they pop Magnezone's Sub, but pretty much every other Pokemon on this team besides Haxorus can do work against most Fighting-types.

Dragonite is usually my main go-to guy here, because usually the only Fire-type Pokemon switching in on 'Zone is SDef Heatran, which is set up fodder for Dragonite. Sometimes I'll go into Gyara for guys like Infernape and scout Thunderpunches to see if it's safe to DD.

Azelf, Dragonite and Gyarados like to come in on Grounds. See Jirachi's synergy section. If Gliscor is in and I have a Sub up I will Sub first to scout Protect, and if it Quakes, next turn I get the OHKO with HP Ice. As you can probably tell, I don't like Gliscor and, to a lesser extent, Landorus.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SDef / 164 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

• Substitute - Being a standard SubNite set, I have to run Substitute. XP Sub is probably the best defensive move in the game, as it protects your Pokemon from so many different things. Dragonite hates status, and while you can't always prevent it from becoming Poisoned/Burnt/Paralyzed/Seeded, you sure can try. And my god, if this thing gets a sub off on something that can't break it, it IS going to kill something.

• Dragon Dance - Probably the most self-explanatory move on the entire set, I chose Dragon Dance over something more utilitarian like Fire Punch because behind a Sub, Dragonite can beat pretty much every threat to it and my team after one Dragon Dance, and after two I pretty much guarantee a win.

• Dragon Claw - Dragon Claw over Outrage because it's STILL going to hit like a truck, and I don't want this Dragonite to be confused at any point in the match due to it's ridiculous staying power thanks to Multiscale and Roost.

• Roost - Roost becomes even MORE incredible when you take into account the fact that Dragonite can abuse the shit out of this move + Multiscale and Substitute, making it pretty much unkillable after a Dragon Dance. Pretty self-explanatory as well, makes Dragonite never die and fucking destroy everything else.
Dragonite, as I've said previously, is the most dominant physically-destructive motherfucker in B/W. This monster defines bulky offense, hyper offense, stall, semistall and what the hell ever else you can come up with. I think it's funny that Salamence used to be Uber, Dragonite sucked, and now look at how the tables have turned because Dragonite was awarded an ABILITY. A lowly ability made Dragonite the beast that it is today. That and it's PERFECT movepool. Lol. Dragonite is both the meta and the anti-meta. I really enjoy taking Draco Meteors at full health, shrugging them off with Multiscale, and Dancing my way to victory. Yes, I said Draco Meteors. This doesn't mean that you switch into Specs Latios, it means you play smart, run calcs, and know when to win with this bastard and don't waste him on an overzealous play, because I can assure you that timing with 'Nite is everything. But playing this guy right leads to victory 99% of the time.
Synergy:

Jirachi and Magnezone, primarily Jirachi, like to come in on Dragon-type attacks and cripple half of the opponent's team while healing or stat-upping respectively. Specs Latios Draco Meteor doesn't do a god damn thing to Jirachi.

Jirachi comes in on anything Ice-type and scares it off, as does Magnezone. Gyarados can comfortably come in on physical Ice-type guys and set up. Dragonite can even stay in if Multiscale is in-tact and kill X Ice-wielding threat after a Dance if it's not carrying Shard.

Haxorus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Substitute - I bet you're all going "huh?" right about now. This is where Taunt should be! Well Substitute does a lot of things that Taunt doesn't do, like letting me set up on the two most commonly used walls in B/W, Ferrothorn and Jellicent, neither of which can break Haxorus' Subs unless they're running dumbshit movesets, in which case I switch to Magnezone and set up. -_- This blocks status, just like Taunt, and as long as Haxorus is behind a sub, it's safe from Scizors and random.mons coming in and revenging it.

• Dragon Dance - See Dragonite. Stat-up and sweep.

• Earthquake - Earthquake is here to kill Steels and...Rotom? Dragon Claw kills Rotom. Earthquake is here to kill Steels. Lol. And act as a filler. Because if Haxorus had a reliable recovery move it would be Uber.

• Dragon Claw - Same reasoning as Dragonite really, except this hits 9x harder due to Haxorus having more retard strength than that kid from The Ringer. Dragon Claw on Haxorus is the equivalent to Outrage on everything else, so I don't feel too bad about the loss in power, although Outrage does get some OHKOs and 2HKOs that Dragon Claw sometimes can't manage.
Ahh, this is my bulky Haxorus. Let me introduce you to the widowmaker. My inspiration for the team, this was originally a Choice Band set, and while Haxorus is undoubtedly the best user of Choice Band in the game, I believe that this Sub/DD set is a LOT more effective due to it's versatility in high pressure situations. A lot of moves that 2-hit the CB version fail to beat this guy and that means I get DDs. Hell, with the EVs I've placed in HP, Ferrothorn becomes perfectly acceptable set up fodder because it can't break my fatass Subs. Try to view this guy as Dragonite #2, but a lot, LOT more dangerous if you let me take advantage of your team early on in the match. Total MVP of the team right here.
Synergy:

See Dragonite.

See Dragonite.

Gyarados (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd

• Dragon Dance - This seems to be a recurring trend on this team. Once again, Dragon Dance is any incredible move that lets me take advantage of shitty players and win really, really fast. Gyarados' versatility and physical prowess both Offensively and Defensively make him a surefire abuser of said move.

• Earthquake - I believe that Earthquake is an uncommon choice on Gyarados, and for good reason really. This is pretty much a filler move that lets me beat Ferrothorn after a DD or two, and that's it. I guess it hits stuff that wall my other two attacks pretty hard as well. Any valid suggestions on what to use over this will be gladly accepted. And no, I'm not using fucking Stone Edge, I HATE that attack.

• Ice Fang - Ice Fang is here to hit the Dragons that LOVE to wall standard Gyarados. This is mostly for the surprise factor, but you'd be pretty taken aback at how many times this move has clinched me a victory because my opponent wasn't expecting DD + 3 attacks.

• Waterfall - Waterfall is my herp-derpy STAB attack that kills everything in one hit. This is a straight-forward attack that I shouldn't have to explain. The % chance to flinch is really nice too, because it just compounds the synergy that this big fish has with Jirachi and Magnezone.
Okay, Gyarados has been consistently good as balls in every generation, and I'm going to be completely honest with you, that's why Gyarados is on this team. Pretty much every god damn RMT I've seen in the last month or two has had Gyarados on it, the good ones anyway. Not to mention pretty much every competitive team that I've ever used has had some form of Gyarados. Gyarados is just that fucking good. This Gyarados was originally intended to be a physical wall to be used in conjunction with Jirachi, but after testing I discovered that Wish + Lorb Gyarados rapes every team's mother, so I just HAD to use this set. After a Dragon Dance, pretty much everything except Rotom-W and Ferrothorn is dead, and that's where 'Zone and Jirachi come in, passing Wishes and trapping dumb-looking plants all day. This guy's synergy with the team is just astounding, even if I'm willing to let this guy die FIRST to get a revenge kill.
Synergy:

Jirachi, Dragonite, Haxorus. They all cover this guy's butt in case of high voltage. Once again, this is where Jirachi shines, coming in on a weak Electric attack that doesn't do shit, Wishing on the switch, and then healing the Pokemon that comes in to counter the counter.

Certain threats get Waterfall'd to death. Others get to deal with Jirachi and MAYBE Magnezone depending on what it is. Tyranitar, in particular, gets raped by ol' Gyara, and that's the only Rock-type bar-Terrakion that you're going to see in OU anyways.

Well, that's the team. Thanks for looking. I'm going to reserve the first post in the thread for a threat list to give you guys better insight on how I deal with specific things, but for now life calls and I gotta get my ass off the computer. Please do whatever you can to help my team within reason and justify your suggestions with sound logic. I'm looking forward to finishing this team with the minds of Smogon.

The only thing I see problematic it the lack of a SPA sweeper, but its not tooo terribly big of deal. But I would suggest trying out latios over haxorus to help out with this and provide a way to outspeed and kill dragons. Also if you keep hax, then I suggest a Choice banded haxorus. This will have massive attack, and easily take out the rest of the team. I use him a lot and he's just so powerful that even a defensive gliscor can't handle a banded outrage.

Overall great team though!

Wow, this is a really nice team.

There's only two real pokemon that I can see giving this team trouble. One pokemon is Mamoswine. The only pokemon on your team that can kind of fight Mamoswine is Gyarados, but if the Mamoswine is running Stone Edge(like they usually are), your Gyarados is not a safe switch in. After Gyarados is gone, Mamoswine can have a field day with your team. It has Ice Shard for your dragons and Earthquake for your steel types. Physically defensive Rotom-W over Gyarados will fix up your Mamoswine problem while giving you switch advantage with Volt Switch. Also, the other pokemon that I thought was served as a roadblock for the success of this team is Landorus. Needless to say, Physically Defensive Rotom-W also checks Landorus. All in all, I hope you give Physically Defensive Rotom-W a try!

Here's the set I suggest you try over
Rotom-W@Leftovers/ Chesto Berry
Nature:Bold
Evs:248 HP/ 248 Def/ 8 Spe
Moves:
Volt Switch
Hydropump
Hidden Power Ice
Pain Split/Rest

I'm not really sure if this team is really Bulky offense. Terrakion destroys this team other than Azelf. Also without a spinner this team is stall weak. I'm lost for ideas on how to improve this team, but I'd suggest taking out Gyara for a spinner or another water like scarf Rotom. Scarf Rotom would add coverage on Pokemon that could sweep you. Like Terrakion (non scarf) and DD Haxorus.

Timid Scarf, Volt Switch, Hydro pump, Trick/thunderbolt, Hidden power Ice 252 sp atk 252 speed 4 def
Your team is dangerously Dragon Dance Haxorus weak.
Good Luck

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, cool team. HardCore was correct in that Terrakion could cause this team some problems. To remedy this, I think you can replace Jirachi with a Bulky Swords Dance Scizor, which has much more offensive presence than Jirachi and can check many of the same threats Jirachi does. Scizor also provides great glue for your team, as it can defeat Mamoswine and Scarf Tyranitar [Choice Band Tar is also somewhat threatening, since your team can't really switch into it], which pose large threats to your team otherwise.

To gain some more insurance against Mamoswine and Tyranitar, Rotom-W could work, and both HardCore and Sir have already proposed excellent Rotom sets, both of which would work on your team. Using a Scarfed Terrakion over Gyarados would also be plausible, as your team is somewhat weak to Scarf and +1 DD Haxorus, both of which Terrakion revenge kills.

Sets:

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
- Swords Dance
- Roost/Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

gl!

I thought about adding Scizor too but non choice band variants will never ohko a terrakion and i didn't want to add scizor cause of the suggestion i already made. running terrakion seems legit though

I'm not really sure if this team is really Bulky offense. Terrakion destroys this team other than Azelf. Also without a spinner this team is stall weak. I'm lost for ideas on how to improve this team, but I'd suggest taking out Gyara for a spinner or another water like scarf Rotom. Scarf Rotom would add coverage on Pokemon that could sweep you. Like Terrakion (non scarf) and DD Haxorus.

Timid Scarf, Volt Switch, Hydro pump, Trick/thunderbolt, Hidden power Ice 252 sp atk 252 speed 4 def
Your team is dangerously Dragon Dance Haxorus weak.
Good Luck
I'm going to give Rotom-W some major consideration. Thanks. :]

Wow, this is a really nice team.

There's only two real pokemon that I can see giving this team trouble. One pokemon is Mamoswine. The only pokemon on your team that can kind of fight Mamoswine is Gyarados, but if the Mamoswine is running Stone Edge(like they usually are), your Gyarados is not a safe switch in. After Gyarados is gone, Mamoswine can have a field day with your team. It has Ice Shard for your dragons and Earthquake for your steel types. Physically defensive Rotom-W over Gyarados will fix up your Mamoswine problem while giving you switch advantage with Volt Switch. Also, the other pokemon that I thought was served as a roadblock for the success of this team is Landorus. Needless to say, Physically Defensive Rotom-W also checks Landorus. All in all, I hope you give Physically Defensive Rotom-W a try!

Here's the set I suggest you try over
Rotom-W@Leftovers/ Chesto Berry
Nature:Bold
Evs:248 HP/ 248 Def/ 8 Spe
Moves:
Volt Switch
Hydropump
Hidden Power Ice
Pain Split/Rest
See above, and thanks.

The only thing I see problematic it the lack of a SPA sweeper, but its not tooo terribly big of deal. But I would suggest trying out latios over haxorus to help out with this and provide a way to outspeed and kill dragons. Also if you keep hax, then I suggest a Choice banded haxorus. This will have massive attack, and easily take out the rest of the team. I use him a lot and he's just so powerful that even a defensive gliscor can't handle a banded outrage.

Overall great team though!
I'm probably not going to remove Haxorus. It's been pretty much the nuts on here. I already tested Band on it as well and it was sort of underwhelming.

Wow. Looks like a ton of effort went into this team. I'll give it a proper rate soon, but I want to get this out there. By the way, ABSOLUTELY make sure you run 248 HP EVs on Dragonite instead of 252, because you get 5 Subs instead of 4 with the 4 less EVs. Anyhow, nice job! I wish all threads were able to look this clean!
Okay, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Hey there, cool team. HardCore was correct in that Terrakion could cause this team some problems. To remedy this, I think you can replace Jirachi with a Bulky Swords Dance Scizor, which has much more offensive presence than Jirachi and can check many of the same threats Jirachi does. Scizor also provides great glue for your team, as it can defeat Mamoswine and Scarf Tyranitar [Choice Band Tar is also somewhat threatening, since your team can't really switch into it], which pose large threats to your team otherwise.

To gain some more insurance against Mamoswine and Tyranitar, Rotom-W could work, and both HardCore and Sir have already proposed excellent Rotom sets, both of which would work on your team. Using a Scarfed Terrakion over Gyarados would also be plausible, as your team is somewhat weak to Scarf and +1 DD Haxorus, both of which Terrakion revenge kills.

Sets:

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

- Swords Dance
- Roost/Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

gl!
I'm really liking the idea of maybe replacing something on this team with Terrakion, and I had considered Scizor previously as well but I really, really LOVE Jirachi on here. I'm not entirely sold on the idea that anything but DD Terrakion can give this team problems because with some pretty mediocre prediction, I can down Terra all day, Band/Scarf/SD. Thanks!

Terrakion is the only serious weakness, as others have stated, although you're always going to have problems with Choiced Dragons with this type of team. I suppose it is theoretically possible for you to play around even a Double Dance Terrakion with Gyarados and Jirachi / Azelf but unless you can absolutely read your opponents mind you're going to lose a pokemon at least. However, there's not really that much to do about it without completely changing the things which make this team effective. Going back to Latios / Latias over one of your dragons would help a little but as you've said you prefer the two you're using and the slight advantage against Terra won't be worth the loss in offensive potential.

Last thing, Jellicent looks like it could be an issue. It can come in for free on Azelf or Jirachi and just spam Will-o-wisp at you, giving you no real option but to sacrifice Magnezone to burn. Alternatively it could just Taunt on the switchin since all three of your sweepers are walled by it if they can't set up a Substitute.

If I was going to give a solution to these problems I guess I'd recommend a physically defensive Celebi > Azelf, with enough speed to outrun Adamant Mamoswine. It can still SR, spread TWave support to help Jirachi and Dragonite, but it gives a good cushion to Terrakion and a hard counter to Jellicent. You don't cover the ubiquitous VoltTurn teams that well with the team either so this would help against them as well.

Hope this helps, nice team and good luck.

You should really give magnezone hidden power fire and not ice if your really going to do what you said. "I started building this team on the foundation of Magnezone + Haxorus because they compliment each other very nicely. Everyone knows that Magnezone gels with Dragons extremely well, eliminating those pesky Steel-types so that your big guys can come in and knock holes in the opponent's team." So you would need hidden power fire on magnezone if your going to pull it off.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, first things first, your lack of a Rapid Spinner is alarming. Dragonite's and Gyarados's abilities are greatly hampered by the lack of any Stealth Rock prevention methods. The best man for the job in this case would be Claydol. Yes, that's right, Claydol, this Pokemon is incredibly underrated, evas it has immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well as a resistance to Stealth Rock. Of course Terrakion is an annoying Pokemon, and Azelf was your only line of defense against it, and Claydol is a Rapid Spinner that can easily take on Terrakion. It also helps deal with various annoying threats, such as Landorus, who could also give your team troubles. You also retain Stealth Rocks with Claydol so you wont have to replace Protect on Jirachi. While the loss in Speed may be annoying, the entire package of Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Spikes/ Toxic Spikes immunity, Fighting resist, and ability to check the likes of Terrakion and Landorus is accomplished by nothing else.

I don't see exactly how Substitute helps Haxorus set up on Ferrothorn, as a solid number of them carry Gyro Ball. You would be much better off carrying Outrage in this moveslot for a late game cleanup. I understand that being locked into Outrage early on pisses some people off, which probably explains why you're going with Dragon Claw instead. However, if there's 2 Pokemon left on the opposing team, then there's no reason not to use Outrage. Haxorus does not need that bulk at all, its an offensive juggernaut, why nerf that by cutting its Speed? Wouldn't it just suck if you lost because CB Dragonite or SD Lucario outsped Haxorus? Which by the way, is what happens with your EV spread. Definately just go with the max max 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe spread. If status pisses you off, just toss on a Lum Berry and call it a day.

Finally, Volcarona is a dick, period. You don't want Dragonite burning itself from Flame Body do you? Just simply swap Ice Fang on Gyarados for Stone Edge. Waterfall and Stone Edge generally hit harder than Ice Fang anyways due to Ice Fang's pathetically low power. Also go with 204 Speed EVs so that Gyarados can outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus after 2 Dragon Dances.

GL
Claydol>Azelf
pros: gain Rapid Spin to support Dragonite and Gyarados, checks dangerous threats such as Terrakion and Landorus
cons: less Speed and offense, but w/e

Outrage>Substitute+Lum Berry>Leftovers+new EV spread on Haxorus
pros: better for late game cleanup, no longer outsped by Dragonite/ opposing Haxorus etc
cons: You might actually miss Substitute on Haxorus, test out both and see what you like more, definately change the EV spread though, getting outsped by Dragonite, Lucario, opposing Haxorus, and all the other Pokemon you miss out on with 60 Speed EVs is retarded

Stone Edge>Ice Fang+new EV spread on Gyarados
pros: you can now take out Volcarona with ease
cons: Ice Fang sucks, don't bother with it

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hey

Cool team bud, as NWO explained earlier entry hazards give your team hard time. To fix this problem I would recommend running Starmie over Azelf. Yes the star because it can spin, supports your sweepers and it baits victims for your Magnezone. It counters everything your Azelf does at the moment except Ferrothorn which your zone can handle easily. Landorus, Terrakion, Gliscor can all be taken down by Starmie if used wisely. It should have Rapid Spin for obvious reasons, Hydro Pump / Surf for Stab, Recover for survivability and lastly Ice Beam / Psychic, Ice Beam beats Dragons which also cause problems for your team while Psychic demolishes Conkeldurr, Gengar. Starmie also checks Heatran which also can be problematic as it can do some serious damage with predictions.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic / Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

I can see Jirachi's role in the team but it doesn't keeps your Offensive Momentum up. Priority is very essential for this team. Thus I would suggest that you replace Jirachi for a Specially Defensive Scizor. It can be very useful as it scouts and counters Mamoswine, Reuniclus, Gengar, it keeps the momentum up which is very essential. So that said moving onto the set this Scizor set can play various roles, it tanks Special hits, bluffs a choice item and has the ability to demolish at the right time.

Scizor (F) @ Iron Plate
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Now Gyarados seems like the weakest link, it can be removed for a Calm Mind Virizion. Virizion gives you insurance against Rain / Stall teams. Beats Rotom-W and pairs up perfectly with Haxorus and Dragonite. Haxorus can be fully offensive with Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Swords Dance / Substitute / Taunt. Magenzone also needs Hidden Power Fire to kill Scizors and Ferrothorns since Ground types are covered now.

Virizion @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Expert Belt
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)