B/W standard ou stall team

Since the beginning of the b/w metagame, I've been sporadically trying to build a commendable stall team. The following team does counter a lot of threats, albeit, I'm aware that it is far from exceptional. Which is why I want some help improving it.

Team Analysis:

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Gliscor is my primary physical wall. It counters common threats such as Doryuuzu and Breloom. Albeit, in order to counter SD Randorosu, it needs to be at full health. The same goes for SD Terakion, who deals substantial damage after 1 boost. Max HP/DEF because I don't know anything notable that Gliscor needs to out speed.

Ice fang is there for Randorosu. It can also come in handy if I predict a Latios switch in. Protect is for scouting and for healing. Earthquake is Gliscor's primary attack. Taunt prevents Nattorei from setting up SR/Spikes.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Forretress is invaluable to this team. Consequently, I try to play conservatively with it. I picked it instead of Skarm/Natt because of toxic spikes and rapid spin. Of course, since most of the entry hazards are on one member of my team, it will take more time to set them up. Nevertheless, I prefer it this way. It's specially defensive in order to come in on resisted special attacks, hence, it has more opportunities to set up entry hazards.

Toxic spikes are used when I'm facing opposing stall teams or rain dance teams. Spikes are typically more useful against offensive teams. Rapid spin is helpful against spike-stacking teams. Finally, Gyro Ball is there to 2HKO Deoxy-s and hit dragons who are trapped in Outrage.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regeneration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Slowbro is my secondary physical wall. It takes care of Blaziken and Hihidaruma, who can 2HKO Gliscor with Flare Blitz. Slowboss also handles Roobushin effectively because it is slower. Ergo, payback will only inflict twice the damage. I chose Slowbro instead of defensive Gyarados since the latter is weak to Stone Edge. The former also has access to Regeneration.

Flamethrower 2HKOs standard Nattorei. Slack off is instant recovery. Calm mind is there in order to deal with CroCune, who would otherwise PP stall Chancey and proceed with sweeping my entire team. Psychic is there to OHKO Roobushin.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Pain Split
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Spiritomb is my rapid spin blocker and Rankurusu counter. Although, it does have trouble against Rankurusu carrying Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. Additionally, it can cripple Nattorei with a combination of Taunt and Will-O-Wisp. I maximized its ability to take special hits in order to stop Starmie.

Pain Split for unreliable recovery. Taunt is used to stop Rankurusu from using Recover. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers. Shadow Sneak if for useful priority and hitting Rank for super effective damage.

Chansey (F) @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Chancey is the best special wall. Why wouldn't I use it? It counters every special attacker out there (barring Rankurusu). I chose it instead of Blissey because it has better defenses. Quite frankly, with the prominence of sandstorm and lack of leftovers recovery, I'm contemplating replacing it with Blissey.

The moveset is self-explanatory. It's your standard cleric Chansey.

Heatran (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran sets up SR easily because it causes a lot of switches. It is also used as a failsafe against Randorosu and Garchomp, if Gliscor were to take a critical hit. Heatran helps maintain the balance of the team if anything unexpected were to happen.

I chose Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast because the latter runs out of PP quickly and it's used on pokemon I could OHKO with flamethrower anyway. Earth Power is used against opposing Heatran. I didn't want Chansey to be my SR user. Dragon Pulse is there for Garchomp, because they usually carry yache berry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)