baby's first 5th gen team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first team I've made for online play since the fifth generation came out. it started out as the pokemon I used in the actual games, then I did a little twiddling with the pokemon adding some egg moves i didn't bother with and spicing up the lineup a bit. here goes.

Haxorus@life orb
mold breaker
jolly 4hp/252atk/252spe
taunt
dragon tail
earthquake
dragon dance

taunt attacking lead, keeps slower leads like forretress from setting up entry hazards so i can switch safely. doubles as a dd-sweeper later. Im least sure about this one; it does its job alright but i keep wondering if I should use something else like infernape.

Skarmory@leftovers
sturdy
impish 252hp/252def/4spe
whirlwind
roost
spikes
stealth rock

this is what i would switch in to from the haxorus, taunt keeps me safe from being taunted so it can set up rocks and spikes and try to spread some damage around. roost extends life expectancy and increases chances of ull entry hazards.

Lanturn@leftovers
volt absorb
calm 252hp/252spa/4s.def
discharge
ice beam
surf
heal bell

special wall/skarm counter counter. 454 hp and 207 sp def plus tons of useful resitances easy to switch in for skarm and take fire or elec attack the latter of which will boost hp later in the game. Im not sure why exactly its so useful but it is. heal bell for support.

victini@expert belt
timid nature 4hp/252spa/252spe
psychic
thunderbolt
focus blast
searing shot

special coverage sweeper/revenge killer. steels wall lanturn easily but not victini. STAB searing shot + expert belt=195 power behind base 100 spatk hard to survive. Weak to scarfed revenge killers especially krookodile.

scrafty@leftovers
shed skin
careful nature 252hp/4atk/252sdef
crunch
bulk up
drain punch
rest

scrafty is awesome. fit/dark stabs for near-perfect neutral coverage. rest+shed skin=30%chance of free recovery. needs a turn or two to set up but after that he's golden

Latios@leftovers
levitate
timid nature 4hp/252spa/252spe
dragon pulse
shadow ball
recover
calm mind

bulky sweeper, coverage is rounded out nicely by victini support. my fave pokemon on this team.

Overall one big weakness ive noticed is the lack of rapid spin support but i couldn't find something that quite fit. starmie was the closest i got to finding one that worked for me but I couldn't find a spot for it in the 6.
thanks for reading

For scrafty if rest is your means of recovery have a stronger fighting type attack as drain punch is has only 60base power which isn't to good. I would also but more EVs in attack as well for scrafty.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Your descriptions are lacking, which means you are violating the above quoted RMT rule. If you wish to remedy this problem, explain your reasoning behind each Pokemon and why they work on your team more thoroughly. Try to aim for 3-4 sentences with your descriptions. I recommend lurking through the RMT Archive in order to see examples of what we're looking for in an RMT! If you fix this problem, private message indicating that you have done so. Once you've done that, I will unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)