1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

baby's first 5th gen team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by TheWauFactor, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWauFactor

TheWauFactor

This is the first team I've made for online play since the fifth generation came out. it started out as the pokemon I used in the actual games, then I did a little twiddling with the pokemon adding some egg moves i didn't bother with and spicing up the lineup a bit. here goes.

Haxorus@life orb
    mold breaker
    jolly 4hp/252atk/252spe
    taunt
    dragon tail
    earthquake
    dragon dance

taunt attacking lead, keeps slower leads like forretress from setting up entry hazards so i can switch safely. doubles as a dd-sweeper later. Im least sure about this one; it does its job alright but i keep wondering if I should use something else like infernape.

Skarmory@leftovers
    sturdy
    impish 252hp/252def/4spe
    whirlwind
    roost
    spikes
    stealth rock

this is what i would switch in to from the haxorus, taunt keeps me safe from being taunted so it can set up rocks and spikes and try to spread some damage around. roost extends life expectancy and increases chances of ull entry hazards.

Lanturn@leftovers
    volt absorb
    calm 252hp/252spa/4s.def
    discharge
    ice beam
    surf
    heal bell

special wall/skarm counter counter. 454 hp and 207 sp def plus tons of useful resitances easy to switch in for skarm and take fire or elec attack the latter of which will boost hp later in the game. Im not sure why exactly its so useful but it is. heal bell for support.

victini@expert belt
    timid nature 4hp/252spa/252spe
    psychic
    thunderbolt
    focus blast
    searing shot

special coverage sweeper/revenge killer. steels wall lanturn easily but not victini. STAB searing shot + expert belt=195 power behind base 100 spatk hard to survive. Weak to scarfed revenge killers especially krookodile.

scrafty@leftovers
    shed skin
    careful nature 252hp/4atk/252sdef
    crunch
    bulk up
    drain punch
    rest

scrafty is awesome. fit/dark stabs for near-perfect neutral coverage. rest+shed skin=30%chance of free recovery. needs a turn or two to set up but after that he's golden

Latios@leftovers
    levitate
    timid nature 4hp/252spa/252spe
    dragon pulse
    shadow ball
    recover
    calm mind

bulky sweeper, coverage is rounded out nicely by victini support. my fave pokemon on this team.

Overall one big weakness ive noticed is the lack of rapid spin support but i couldn't find something that quite fit. starmie was the closest i got to finding one that worked for me but I couldn't find a spot for it in the 6.
    thanks for reading
  2. Da Beast

Da Beast

I'm pretty sure Dragon Tail is a negative priority move, so it doesn't mesh too well with Dragon Dance.
  3. wacky tabaky

wacky tabaky

For scrafty if rest is your means of recovery have a stronger fighting type attack as drain punch is has only 60base power which isn't to good. I would also but more EVs in attack as well for scrafty.
  4. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Your descriptions are lacking, which means you are violating the above quoted RMT rule. If you wish to remedy this problem, explain your reasoning behind each Pokemon and why they work on your team more thoroughly. Try to aim for 3-4 sentences with your descriptions. I recommend lurking through the RMT Archive in order to see examples of what we're looking for in an RMT! If you fix this problem, private message indicating that you have done so. Once you've done that, I will unlock your thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)