Back in Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I took a really long hiatus from Pokemon over the past years. In fact, I haven't really played any competitively at all since the end of Gen III. However, XY has made me want to get back into the hang of things, and I'm just looking for some overall help transition three generations at once.

I have run several test battles with this on Showdown and it seems to be about a 50/50 team. The team started radically different than it is now, but I'm still a little let down by the Tyranitar spot. I can't really think of what I want to achieve with the last spot. However, this team as a whole has been built in order to work with resistances and be a bit on the bulky side.

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash

This guy so far has honestly been the crux for my team. He is outstanding in every way imaginable. Just after a single Nasty Plot, it seems as though he can plow throw some entire teams.

Ferrothorn (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

This is the second greatest Mon on this team in my opinion, as I had never even heard of him until recently. His ability to wall so many pokemon is nothing short of amazing, and in my exerience, he is quite a great counter for Mega Kanga, with rocky helmet.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Overheat
- Earthquake

Charizard X is the physical pivot my team turns on. He has great resistances, and outrage after a dragon dance is nothing to be messed with. I am curious as to whether or not I should run Flare Blitz over Oveheat though? And opt for an all out physical set.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Substitute
- Ice Fang

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Really the last three I'm not sure even belong on this team, and I'm a little lost on where to go outside the initial trio that I initially formed. If anyone is able to help, it would be great and I would truly appreciate it.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
sorry, but I'm going to lock this thread. You need a minimum of three lines of descriptions for all of your Pokemon. Explain their role on the team, the way they are played, etc. so we can rate your team better. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)