skarm vs Flashstorm1
husk vs GigaPunch
magik0722 vs Lesm46
kd24 vs JMC
Carl vs CoA
Loki vs gymdude
aamto vs zerowing
Beef 2.0 vs sandman

still heard nothing from my opponent would it be possible to sub him with someone else?
sending him another pm just in case

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Me and Carl duked it out, and while he was up 4-3, I got some glitch where Recover kept failing for my poor Starmie. So, after some discussion, we decided to proceed with the match and finish it. He had the upper hand prior to said incident, so pending what batpig or shiv (or whoever's in charge) says, we may or may not do a rematch.

I personally don't mind the result, as I said, he was up when it happened and it's likely he would've won regardless.

That said, I also wouldn't mind a glitch-free rematch just to say that we had a clean battle.

Either way, I'm fine. I'll leave it up to the powers that be and I'll go along with whatever.
I rule in favor of Carl as he had the upperhand.

Me and Carl duked it out, and while he was up 4-3, I got some glitch where Recover kept failing for my poor Starmie. So, after some discussion, we decided to proceed with the match and finish it. He had the upper hand prior to said incident, so pending what batpig or shiv (or whoever's in charge) says, we may or may not do a rematch.

I personally don't mind the result, as I said, he was up when it happened and it's likely he would've won regardless.

That said, I also wouldn't mind a glitch-free rematch just to say that we had a clean battle.

Either way, I'm fine. I'll leave it up to the powers that be and I'll go along with whatever.

Recover failing isn't a glitch...well it is but it is part of RBY.

Apparently it is something like 255 bits and so if your starmie was at MaxHP-255 then recover would fail.

Focking Carlton should've known that.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Recovery Moves Failing

When a Pokémon's HP is 255 or 511 below its max HP, recovery moves like Rest, Recover and Softboiled will fail. For instance, if Chansey is at 192 HP, which is 703 - 511, Softboiled fails.

http://www.smogon.com/rb/articles/differences

Recovery Moves Failing

When a Pokémon's HP is 255 or 511 below its max HP, recovery moves like Rest, Recover and Softboiled will fail. For instance, if Chansey is at 192 HP, which is 703 - 511, Softboiled fails.

http://www.smogon.com/rb/articles/differences
He knows what the glitch is, he was just seeing what the ruling would be. He already conceded that Carl would have probably won anyway. Thanks for the link though?

I've been playing RBY for a long time now, and I've only actually seen it happen twice. One of those times being in this tournament.

On a different note: GET YOUR BATTLES DONE

i'm not in the tourney anymore because the organizers screwed me over, but i'm just posting to tell the guys that predicted me to lose that i beat the guy who was my round two opponent (husk) in a best of 3 rby ou (5-0, 4-0, and lost 0-1) and one rby uu (5-0). so next time let me play in the fucking tourney.

I offered you to play me for my spot and you declined so I'm not really sure what all of this is about. And talking about only half the games we played isn't nice you know :heart:

oh, sorry. I lost in my rby uu vs your ou and won in gsc uu vs uu.

And you can keep your spot, it wouldn't be fair for you to lose it after beating your round 3 opponent. It's the tournament organizers i blame.

i'm not in the tourney anymore because the organizers screwed me over, but i'm just posting to tell the guys that predicted me to lose that i beat the guy who was my round two opponent (husk) in a best of 3 rby ou (5-0, 4-0, and lost 0-1) and one rby uu (5-0). so next time let me play in the fucking tourney.
Seriously? They already explained to you why you weren't included in the tournament. You didn't tell anyone you had tried to contact your opponent, and you hadn't even posted in over a week. It didn't have anything to do with your immense (or lack thereof) 1337 skillzzz.

I tried to organize a time to meet with my opponent through pm. Never responded. Sent me an offline message saying let's battle now maybe a week back or more, but said nothing else. Hasn't made much of an effort to set something up.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
did you even read our reply? you knew the amount of dropouts and the amount of incomplete matches. it was YOUR job to inform us of the state of your match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)