Backfire

Though Knock Off has been discussed a little already, there are a couple other possible viable Knock Off mons besides Unburden and Megas.
- Guts, Poison Heal, Flare Boost, and Toxic Boost mons who hold a Flame/Toxic Orb can just wait for their item to kick in before using Knock Off at no real loss to them. In fact, Gliscor and Drifblim can benefit by running Acrobatics, though I'm not sure how much Gliscor wants to run Acrobatics and Drifblim is... Drifblim.
- Sticky Hold mons don't lost their item when using Knock Off, but the only one with it is Accelgor and it already has Unburden so this is irrelevant.

Other than these, Unburden pokes, and Megas, no other mons really want to lose their own item. Machamp, Conkeldurr, Gliscor, Hitmonlee, and a handful of Megas are probably your best bets for Knock Off. #RIPKnockOffSpam2k16

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sweet Scent
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

wew lad
i think i found the best serperior set

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sweet Scent
- Substitute
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

wew lad
i think i found the best serperior set
This set doesn't work because Sweet Scent is a status move and therefore cannot have that "backfire" effect.

This set doesn't work because Sweet Scent is a status move and therefore cannot have that "backfire" effect.
Ok, I wasn't sure. I read the OP, but a lot of people were acting like Defog acted like that so I wasn't sure.

To be honest, I think status conditions "backfiring" too would be more fun

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Ok, I wasn't sure. I read the OP, but a lot of people were acting like Defog acted like that so I wasn't sure.

To be honest, I think status conditions "backfiring" too would be more fun
Maybe, but this would mean that swords dance and shell smash and stuff would affect the foe too, which wouldn't be fun

Maybe, but this would mean that swords dance and shell smash and stuff would affect the foe too, which wouldn't be fun
Speak for yourself, that sounds like a pretty cool and fresh metagame to me. To me, this seems too much like standard OU, with a slight buff to Close Combat users.

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Speak for yourself, that sounds like a pretty cool and fresh metagame to me. To me, this seems too much like standard OU, with a slight buff to Close Combat users.
Well hate to break it to you, my meta wasn't approved that way and I'm not changing it. Especially when you aren't telling me why you think that'd be cooler than this. Regardless, this isn't up for discussion and I'm not changing it. If this meta is too bland for your taste, then don't play it. Sorry :/

Well hate to break it to you, my meta wasn't approved that way and I'm not changing it. Especially when you aren't telling me why you think that'd be cooler than this. Regardless, this isn't up for discussion and I'm not changing it. If this meta is too bland for your taste, then don't play it. Sorry :/
I'm not telling you to change it. What are you apologizing for? I just think a metagame where status moves are also applied to both pokemon could add another layer of complexity to the game. It would really change the way the game is played and make it more interesting.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Any Acrobatics user would be a good Knock Off user really. Also, Guts mons that can use things like Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch could be fun (though the chance of activation is pretty low).

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Any Acrobatics user would be a good Knock Off user really. Also, Guts mons that can use things like Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch could be fun (though the chance of activation is pretty low).
two things

yes, acrobatics users could be good with knock off, except the only three potentially good pokemon that can use this, archeops, tornadus, and yveltal, would either not be used because it wouldnt be viable, would rather use the set Eevee General provided, or is banned. Guts Pokemon wouldnt use Ice punch for the guts boost because they'd be frozen, and while the fire/thunder punch method could be good, the two most potentially viable pokemon, conkeldurr and machamp, would rather be running Iron Fist and No Guard respectfully.

secondly, while im no mod of this forum, it's really annoying and in general frustrating when you go through literally every thread in the OM forum and make posts that either have sets along with no description or are just one-liners that have no detailed description.

A few sets that I've come up with. I'm no master at this but I think these sets would be interesting.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch/Earthquake

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Steel Wing/Tailwind/I have no idea

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

These Pokemon and many others benefit from recoil moves and Close Combat impairing the opponent. If you thought Staraptor killed things quickly before, this is even faster. Another thing to note: will U-turn force the opponent to switch? If so, then all 3 of these mons (Infernape can run Band or 4 attacks instead of SD) and many more can force out setup sweepers and play some mind games. Again, I'm not great at set-making, but these seemed good.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD (I have no idea but 244 in HP reaches a PH number)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

One of the last Knock Off users left in the tier, and most likely the most viable. In fact, Gliscor almost benefits from the new mechanics of Knock Off; after the Toxic Orb activates, Gliscor can freely Knock Off, remove its own item, and power up Acrobatics. Flying/Dark/Ground coverage is pretty decent. Thanks to Lord of Bays for giving me this idea somewhere in this thread. Alternatively, you could run a defensive set with Roost, Acrobatics, Knock Off, and Toxic or something.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified --> Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Power-Up Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Probably terrible but also very scummy. Normal sets with Mega Gallade are great Knock Off users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)