SM UU Bad Reputation(Lucario-Togekiss Bulky Offense)

Favorite Kanto Starter?

• Total voters

CBU

Banned deucer.
bad_reputation.png
Hello there. It has been a really long time since I last decided to post an RMT. And thats for a couple reasons. UU as a tier in SM has went over some extremely unstable phases which made consistent teambuilding borderline impossible. Also the fact that my idea of a solid team goes against every sense of rationality played a role as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ok so after possibly the worst RMT introduction in pokemon history let's start actually talking about the team. The original draft of the team was made during UU's beta stage but got finalized in its current form after UU exited beta and a big wave of mons got banned in the process.

The Team In Depth:

raikou.gif

LetTheSparksFly (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

The original idea was to build around Sub-CM Raikou; a mon that has the potential to 6-0 entire teams on its own given the right circumstances (or be absolutely useless until the hippo/pert/gastro dies). The set is fairly standard and its purpose pretty understandable. It is my opinion that Raikou can do serious damage to a team only if it utilizing this set, because for all its great speed tier this mon is so pathetically weak that cannot break through walls even with a specs. Also given the fact that every team in UU has at least one ground type, choice locked Raikou is forced into a position to always have to predict(also if the ground type isn't Gliscor even if you predict correctly it doesn't matter cause you are doing 3% to mix def hippo and Krookodile will be 99% scarf). The leftovers over a potential z-crystal was my choice because i like giving Raikou survivability.

So after making a start with Raikou I had to make a decision about what I wanted to use not only as my dedicated ground type check, but also as my ground type switchin. To combine both of these roles into one slot I knew it couldn't be an obvious water or grass type but a mon that could switch into almost every viable ground type in the tier and 1vs1 it. And thats why I decided to go with stallbreaker Togekiss.

togekiss.gif

Kiss Of Death (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
Togekiss is such a skillful useful pokemon. Its ability to break down and 1vs1 pokemon that it shouldn't be able to while maintaining a ton of bulk in the process due to air slash is borderline unmatched. Every ground type in the tier bar nidoking(which isn't a switchin) gets 1vs1ed by this set,with its strongest rivals being nidoqueen(you just need a flinch to kill it at +2) and krookodile with stone edge that can be easily PP stalled with Roost. Togekiss' role on this team is to act as the primary ground and dragon switchin as well as open holes on stall teams for other members to take advantage of. Honestly, I cannot provide a solid reasoning for picking Heal Bell over Safeguard on this set. It really down to your personal preference in my eyes. Heal Bell will cure the whole team from any status condition, while safeguard makes the whole team immune not only to status moves but also secondary effects like discharge paras, scald burns, sludge bomb poisons etc. Overall, if you strategically use this mon, bulkier teams will have nightmares dealing with it(oh wtf who am I kidding? SPAM AIR SLASH like there is no tomorrow and win!).

Looking at what I've got so far, what stood out to me was the necessity of adding a Keldeo switchin and a form of hazard control.People that know me are well aware of my firm belief that tentacruel is class A trash but honestly i couldn't find a mon that covered those 2 needs for my team as well as cruel did.This isn't highly recommended but i will provide 2 alternative sets for Tenatcruel that both do the main job they are supposed to do for the team, but have different ''minor'' niches. So:

tentacruel.gif

Oozing Confidence (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Haze

OR

Oozing Confidence (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Wave/Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes​

Tentacruel is on the team for very specific reasons. Get rid of hazards(when not being hard stopped by a spin-blocker), absorb t-spikes and lay up its own to help support a sweep from Togekiss or Raikou, switch into keldeo, wall Scizor by skillfully burning it and somewhat force out a Primarina that isn't locked into psychic. The first set is more useful for preventing setup sweeping, especially the kind that involves speed boosting, while the second set is there to allow cruel to deal damage to opposing water types like Keldeo and Primarina with a move that isn't rapid spin. The 4EVs difference is so to guarantee the second set that it outspeeds max speed Timid Primarina.

At this point I realized 2 things:​
  • I didn't have a stealth rock user and
  • My nidoking counter was...uhm...never mind
To cover both needs I decided to use good old trusty Mega Aerodactyl, which also provided the team pseudo speed control.

aerodactyl-mega.gif

PrtyFly4AnOldGuy (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Tail

OMG why are you so bad?!Where tf is the worst stab in the game?!What are you doing?!
Ok so people with whom I have discussed teambuilding with, know of my obsession with adamant aero as opposed to jolly. First of all, the argument ''you 100% lose the speed tie'' means nothing to a sensible person, since risking the tie is never the play to begin with.Also,and I should have probably started off with this, I like the ability to 2hko mixed def hippo, 2hko phys def gliscor prior to toxic orb activation or after rocks and also have a great chance to ohko raikou from full. Now that I am done defending my choice in nature let's talk about the moveset. As stated above, aero is my way of getting up rocks and kills raikou with adamant eq 81.3% of the times. Aerial ace is a great stab to hit for neutral damage, since flying is amongst the best offensive typings. I am not here to say that stone edge is a terrible move you shouldn't ever run on your aero, but through my testing of the team I found out that:​
  • Whenever I wanted to click a move just to do some damage to the opposing team w/o targeting down a single mon or predicting a certain switchin I almost always went for the 100% accurate move
  • The mons that you want to have stone edge to hit, will rarely stay in to take it
Looking at the team up to this point I realized how much of a pain Latias was. Latias potential movepool that between gigavolt havoc and calm mind sets Togekiss wasn't nowhere near enough to deal with it. Yes, aa from aero did convincingly 2hko but if it was some sort of a set like mentioned above, my aero would probably die. So i decided to have a dedicated trapper. A mon that will switchin into Latias on sight and no matter what set it has 1vs1 and kill it on the spot. Enter Bisharp:

bisharp.gif

OverlyAttachedGF (Bisharp) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
The purpose of this mon is fairly obvious. See Latias, switch it in, kill it. More than that tho Bisharp even without the ability to set up dances and win is a really great mon. Really strong stab knock off is great, base power 70 stab priority is really useful and an accurate way to smash fairies is really all I can ask for. Bisharp in general with this does gain a lot of bulk which will help it chew one or two hits that full on offensive sets wouldn't be able to, with the prime example being mega aerodactyl's eq.

So here is where the team differentiates from its original form. At first this post was saved for azumarill, but after it got its well deserved ban I knew I needed a replacement that would fill in the role that azu had in this team. Said role was simply have something that can fire off strong hits, reliably kill gliscor and force out mega aerodactyl with its priority, so it can either die or have 25% chipped off by stealth rocks. With all that in mind, my pick for the last slot was Lucario:​
lucario-2.gif

Kalma (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
I have always been an advocate of NP Lucario being the superior but swords dance seemed to fit better with a team already stacked with special set up sweepers. As i said ice punch in on there for gliscor, amoonguss and i guess less bulky grounds like nidoqueen. Bullet as a priority move might be weaker than e-speed, however it is a trade I am willing to make for having something to reliably threaten mega aero and also hit things like scarf gar which is something my team cannot outspeed(although bisharp can pursuit it). I am well aware that iron tail is more common of a move on sd Lucarios rn, but I cannot in good conscience tell you to use a move that will most probably eventually miss and cost you a game especially when this team has other ways around fairies.

Aaaand that's the team. Weird?Most probably. It is a CBU team at the end of the day. Successful and efficient?From my personal experience very much so. It obviously has to play carefully around some threats but overall given some decent playing there is no matchup you will auto lose.

Threat List:

aerodactyl-mega.gif
why: Because given the right coverage it can potentially 2hko or even ohko the entire team.
how to beat it: The main way this team beats aero is priority plus switching into rocks. Provided bisharp can take one eq and ohko back with an iron head. Obviously not the best but it is doable​

raikou.gif
why: Because cm variant can get a sub vs 3 of the 6 members and it wont break w/o doing some serious damage in the process.
how to beat it: Eq it or get up a t-spike and 1vs1 it with your own sub cm raikou
Replays:
Importable: https://pastebin.com/qLxVD12d

S/O:
LLH: Thanks for the great banner good fren
Accelgor: idk why. You are the greatest snake guy I have talked to in a long time. I really appreciate your positive attitude towards the complete stupidity that my teams ooze.
Youthberry: Greatest person I have ever met on PS (#flyingbears)
Poketcggamer1288: GOAT, nothin but GOAT
Lord Iroh: Great friend, great guy, great disappointment i have suffered every time i challenged this fiend
Sam I Yam:Thanks for the funniest game i have ever played. I love you dude
Finding True Love: For being amongst the very few people that managed to change my original opinion about them. Great guy, really good fren
Island Spices: Everyone prays to some sort of divine creature. I pray to Jordan
raikou.gif
togekiss.gif
tentacruel.gif
aerodactyl-mega.gif
bisharp.gif
lucario.gif

Thanks for your time...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)