XY UU Balanced Fairy-Dragon-Steel core team

RATE MY TEAM: F-D-S UU TEAM

Hi everyone, I started playing UU few weeks ago, and I like it very much, a lot more than OU to tell the truth. I built this team yesterday, winning the first 3-4 matches quite easily, and I decided to post a RMT because I wanted to hear opinions from people more skilled than me. But let's give a look at the team:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Togekiss is one of my favourite Pokèmon, so as soon as it arrived in UU, I decided to put it into my team. With Choice Scarf, it can act as a reliable revenge killer with its good movepool. The first 3 moves are pretty standard, the last slot is against Steel Pokèmon. Ev are to outspeed +1 Spe Haxorus

Empoleon @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roar

Since I wanted a Fairy-Steel core, and I also wanted rocks, Empoleon was the automatic choice. It covers all the weaknesses of Togekiss (apart from Electric, and that's a shame), and it also has good overall bulk. It can phaze out enemies with Roar, and weaken phisical attackers with burning Scalds. 8 Spe for 84 Spe Donphan. (QUESTION: Evs are good, or there are some that are better ?)

Flygon@ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Another scarfer. I started with Banded Flygon, but I noticed that speed was way more important than raw power, since Flygon is already quite powerful. It act as a second revenge killer, and as a pivot with U-Turn. Earthquake is for STAB and Stone Edge is for coverage. I don't remember why 128 Spe, I think is to outspeed some threat.. ?

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse

I chosed Blastoise for it's combination of Rapid Spin and incredible mixed bulk. I gave it Hydro Pump instead of Scald because I already have Empoleon, and Dragon Pulse is for M. Ampharos. Enough Spe to outspeed -1 Victini.

Raikou @ Choice Specs

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpeTimid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory
- Thunderbolt

Raikou is a great Pokèmon, with awesome speed and special attack. With Specs it deals a tremendous amount of damege to anything that does not resist its moves. It is usually my leader, because I can Volt Switch out if my opponent starts with a counter for it. HP Grass is for Swampert and Quagsire. (QUESTION: Is Extrasensory useful for something ?)

Krookodile @ Assault Vest

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The new arrive, Krookodile is a very strong Pokèmon who let me keep quiet that damn Jirachi. Pursuit is very useful, cause this Pokèmon cause a lot of switch, and Superpower is for coverage. (QUESTION: I don't know what item is best)

So, what do you think about the team? What improvements can be done? I hope you guys can help me refine my team. Thanks to everyone who will take a minute to help me. Bye!

Last edited:
Hi buddy, just ratin' yo team.

Ok, so before I suggest a change for the 6th mon i'll go through and answer all your questions/optimise your sets that you're wondering about. So first off, Togekiss should be running Nasty Plot / Air Slash / Fire Blast or Dazzling Gleam / Roost with Max SpA and Max Spe being fine. Empoleon should either just be Max Special Defense or Max Physical Defense, there is no point trying to invest in both as Empoleon's stats are rather lackluster to begin with. Change Fire Punch of Flygon to Outrage or Stone Edge, to let you nab some KOes you would otherwise be missing out on. Mega Blasters should be running enough speed to outpace Victini at -1 which I believe requires 112 Speed and you should run Dragon Pulse over Ice Beam. Raikou is fine but iirc if you max the Atk EVs 0 on Raikou, it will change HP grass or weaken it so you might wanna run 2 Atk EVs. As for the final Pokemon, I think you would be best going with Krookodile. Krookodile provides your team with an extremely strong Knock off spammer who can also act as a reasonably decent Lucario check if you keep it healthy in the late game. It also gives you another Ground-type in order to try and offset the fairly noticeable weakness to Mega Ampharos that you do have. I'll leave the set below but yeah that's basically all I got for you, good luck with the UU tier! :]

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower / Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Hi, thanks for your quick reply! I appreciate a lot the fact that you answered all my question :) I'd like to point few things out:

1) If I run Togekiss like you said, what item is best for it? With Nasty Plot / Roost, using Scarf would be counter-productive.

2) For Flygon: if I replace Fire Punch with Stone Edge, then is bettere keep Dragon Claw, or replace it with Outrage?

3) Blastoise: should I take away EV from PS or Sp. Atk to run more Speed?

I also was thinking about Krookodile, it adds a nasty Ice weakness, but is surely better than Scrafty :)

1) Use Leftovers on the NP Togekiss set.
2) Dragon Claw or Outrage is up to preference of whether you like being locked or not. If you aren't sure try both and then go with what you prefer.
3) Take the EVs out of Blastoise's HP to invest in speed. It will want all the power to hit as hard as possible.

I made some changes to the team, following your indications (apart from Togekiss, becasue for now i like the Scarf set). The team works quite well, but I have some new issues.

1) I don't like Empoleon very much, once he puts rocks is a dead weight

2) Enemy Togekiss and Jirachi are quite dangerous, especially if Krookodile and/or Empoleon are dead

3) I got sweeped by every Cloyster I saw :( Any solution to that?

PS. Changes to the team are in red

Realistically, Empoleon should be able to beat Cloyster by itself with Roar or even Scald does a lot damage after a Shell Smash drop, and if it gets burned it cannot do much.

Realistically, Empoleon should be able to beat Cloyster by itself with Roar or even Scald does a lot damage after a Shell Smash drop, and if it gets burned it cannot do much.
Mmmm you're right, I didn't think about that. However, in the case of replacing Empoleon, what are a good substitute for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)