move 4: Extreme Speed / Volt Switch / Trick
item: Choice Specs
ability: Aerilate
nature: Rash
evs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza's strongest move; with the boosts from Aerilate, STAB, and Choice Specs, it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game, including Chansey and specially defensive Aegislash, with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a Pokemon that resists Flying or has Soundproof. The next moves aim to patch up these weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO physically defensive Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro and Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no drawbacks. Ground coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Mega Tyranitar, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to guarantee an OHKO on Mega Tyranitar, which might be able to recover its health throughout the battle otherwise, especially if it's running Regenerator. In that case, Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast, as it still reliably OHKOes common Soundproof users but also hits RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but the move forces Rayquaza out once used, potentially allowing a Pokemon to set up, and therefore it isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of standard Aerilate sets, as even without a boost, it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows you to scout the opponent's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper. However, Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or to just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed; it should be used carefully and only as a last resort, as Rayquaza's item is what makes it so threatening, and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally, Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out, which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-types, but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment as well as a Special Attack-increasing nature is necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switch-ins. Maximum Attack investment gives Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a Flying-type move, giving it a staggering 273 Base Power coupled with Choice Specs, which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza's most common switch-ins. Minimal Special Defense IVs can be used to punish Imposter Chansey harder if it switches into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. 56 Attack EVs can be moved to Speed to allow it to outpace 148+ Spe and 252 Spe Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved into either Speed or bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie, but Rayquaza then has significantly less power and relies much more on entry hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move but also its safest, as it has no drawbacks, it has high PP, and even if the opponent has a switch-in, they will be forced to recover. For these reasons, it's the move you should be clicking most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switch-in like Mega Slowbro on an -ate weak team or Zekrom, in which case aggressive predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early-game. Additionally, a lot of teams don't have a switch-in to Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs has been revealed, in which case double switching into a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively, as they can bring Rayquaza in many times throughout the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless you predict the opponent to switch or recover, as Rayquaza should avoid all kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in Balanced Hackmons run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early-game as well as easily removing Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switch-ins have been removed, Rayquaza can just spam Boomburst.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from Imposter Chansey. The Imposter-countering method will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way, Chansey doesn't run Choice Specs, which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter Mega Rayquaza's Imposter no matter what coverage is used. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs Fighting coverage with relative ease, and Levitate Registeel can do the same with Ground. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, so a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper like Mega Mewtwo X, Giratina, or Mega Gengar is a good teammate. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set Stealth Rock up without worrying about Magic Bounce, which raises Rayquaza's chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98%, easing prediction and making revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza and Imposter Chansey take chip damage. A way to remove Stealth Rock from the field is also incredibly important, as Rayquaza is weak to Rock. A Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams can usually use Defog reliably; Giratina, for example, checks most physical attackers and is able to use Defog. Steel-types and -ate checks, such as Registeel, Aegislash, and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar, are also reliable Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the metagame. RegenVest users such as Metagross and Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-type Pokemon like Giratina being immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, though a Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a mispredict or Mold Breaker user. Ways to bait and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated; these include bulky Pokemon with a trapping move that can make Chansey struggle to death, some Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga + Xerneas core, or a Steel-type with Volt Switch and a Magnet Pull Ground-type.

Last edited:
Don't have the time for a full check right now but you gotta add some real usage tips. Try to at least explain circumstances in which the other moves would be useful. You can still emphasize that Boomburst is far and away the primary option at virtually all times.

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[SET]

- I'd switch the places between Draco Meteor and Techno Blast, Draco's main reason is to OHKO Giratina while Techno OHKOs basically any other Soundproof user. While Draco may be able to OHKO the Soundproof users as well, it has the disadvantage of forcing Ray to switch out afterwards while Techno does not have this drawback and hits almost as hard as BB. BB also has a high chance of OHKOing Imposter after rocks if you have 0 SpD IVs.
- Go for either 0 SpD IVs or 31 depending on if you want that OHKO or you want more survivability (like being able to take a Spooky Plate Judgment at full HP from Mega Gengar). Even with 31 IVs you still 2HKO Imposter btw.
- I'd also use Ground coverage over Fighting, so prolly Precipice Blades / Earth Power / Secret Sword. The only reason Secret Sword is on the third option is because of its niche to OHKO Mega Ttar (which Pblades will still 2HKO btw).
- Use this for the third moveslot: Extreme Speed / Volt Switch / Switcheroo, I really don't see how Koff is superior to any of these 3.
- For the Rash spread, use 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe to outspeed up to positive natured base 90s. Also mention the Naive nature which has the niche of outspeeding the Lati twins in addition to being able to potentially revenge kill a weakened Mega Diancie but also mention that it has significantly less power, this spread would be 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature.

[SET COMMENTS]

- Remove the line where you say "Techno Blast should never be used over Boomburst on this set" because it should actually be used over BB if a Soundproof user is still alive from the opponent's team.
- Remove the Opulse and Infestation options, Volt Switch is superior to both (Volt Switch can beat Shed if you use it on the Shed switchin and bring in a Mold Breaker).
- Mention that the Imposter countering options depend completely on your moveset and mention at least 1 for each of the coverage options (For example Levitate Regi can wall the Ground coverage and Aegislash can wall the Fighting coverage set).

[QC 1/3]

morogrim
I switched the set to either Techno Blast + Precipice Blades OR Draco Meteor + Secret Sword for reasons explained so if you don't mind, give it another quick read and see if you agree.

Changed to 31 IV because it made the most sense, mentioned min IV in set details.

Koff is annoying to Spedef Chansey, aegislash and pokemon who rely on leftovers or assault vest, but yeah Volt switch achieves the same and more so I changed it to that. I really don't see why you would ever use switcheroo, crippling a wall isn't worth your item imo. If anything I'd mention it in other options.

Not too sure about that spread, I don't think positive nature base 90 are particularly relevant and the atk drop is quite significant (can't really 2hko sand stream / regenvest regirock on pBlades). Mentioned the naive spread.

Lol, srry for bad wording, I actually meant you shouldn't run techno blast instead of running boomburst, I felt it was worth mentioning because someone might go "why would I run both instead of just techno blast". Anyway, changed the wording.

Completely agree with what you said on volt switch.

Mentioned fur coat chansey, levitate regi and aegislash.

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
morogrim
I switched the set to either Techno Blast + Precipice Blades OR Draco Meteor + Secret Sword for reasons explained so if you don't mind, give it another quick read and see if you agree.

Changed to 31 IV because it made the most sense, mentioned min IV in set details.

Koff is annoying to Spedef Chansey, aegislash and pokemon who rely on leftovers or assault vest, but yeah Volt switch achieves the same and more so I changed it to that. I really don't see why you would ever use switcheroo, crippling a wall isn't worth your item imo. If anything I'd mention it in other options.

Not too sure about that spread, I don't think positive nature base 90 are particularly relevant and the atk drop is quite significant (can't really 2hko sand stream / regenvest regirock on pBlades). Mentioned the naive spread.

Lol, srry for bad wording, I actually meant you shouldn't run techno blast instead of running boomburst, I felt it was worth mentioning because someone might go "why would I run both instead of just techno blast". Anyway, changed the wording.

Completely agree with what you said on volt switch.

Mentioned fur coat chansey, levitate regi and aegislash.
- SpD Chansey isn't a thing at all...it also really depends on the wall, remember Ray's job is a wallbreaker / emergency revenge killer so it's definitely worth it to have Switcheroo if there's that one wall that you can't break on the other team. It's also useful against Prankster walls which have Dbond (which is pretty common). There's also a reason why I listed it as the third option and not the first/second, but that doesn't mean it's useless/bad.

- If you're assuming that base 90s are running Spe, there's a good chance they might be max Spe. Otherwise, I don't see the point of even running 56 Spe, might as well go 252 Atk (which is what I usually run on specs Ray). Also Pblades still 2HKOs both of the mons you mentioned even with 92 Atk investment unless if they are running max Def which is still pointless because then Pblades still gets guaranteed 2HKOs after rocks. Hell, sand Mega Ttar will get 2HKOed by BB after rocks if it's max Def and Registeel won't really be a BB switchin either if it takes rocks+very little prior chip dmg.

Edit: Had a chat, decided to go with 252 Atk / 252+ SpA and mention 200 Atk / 252+ SpA / 56 Spe which has the niche of outspeeding base 90s that wanna outspeed Mmy after +1.

Last edited:
First of all, you've got many basic grammar errors so try to patch those up to make GP's job easier

Content-wise, though, this is excellent. My only real comments are that the last sentence of Moves should be somewhere in Set Details and that in Team Options, when you say "hazard control," you should provide examples of certain Defoggers that synergize well with Mega Rayquaza so as to be more specific. Congrats on my shortest QC check yet.

QC 2/3

First of all, you've got many basic grammar errors so try to patch those up to make GP's job easier

Content-wise, though, this is excellent. My only real comments are that the last sentence of Moves should be somewhere in Set Details and that in Team Options, when you say "hazard control," you should provide examples of certain Defoggers that synergize well with Mega Rayquaza so as to be more specific. Congrats on my shortest QC check yet.

QC 2/3
Done most of that except correcting grammar cause I didn't find a lot, also added a line on magic bounce.
Can I tag for 3rd QC?

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Content-wise, though, this is excellent.
There's not very much to suggest since this is a pretty one-dimensional set. I would recommend Magma Storm as an OO which can trap and kill would-be checks and kill shed all in one, but ofc the drawback is acc and pp.
QC 3/3

There's not very much to suggest since this is a pretty one-dimensional set. I would recommend Magma Storm as an OO which can trap and kill would-be checks and kill shed all in one, but ofc the drawback is acc and pp.
QC 3/3
OO or in moves? I don't handle oo since they're only at the end of the analysis and not for every set, so idk if I someone should add it there or if I should add it in moves.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm assuming we can add an OO and they can be condensed into the main analysis. Tagging baconbagon to see if this is possible. If nothing else, I can always edit it in later.

If someone would be willing to read the analysis in its current state and tell me something to add in, I can do that. It's kind of weird because Magma Storm is already listed for one of the sets.

However, I think the best course of action would be for motherlove to simply mention it in Moves without giving it a slash, which is perfectly acceptable.

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Feel free to write an OO sentence. Something like "Magma Storm is an option on the Choice Specs set to ______" and I'll add it in

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
amcheck

add
remove
comments

[SET]
name: Specs Wallbreaker
move 1: Boomburst
move 2: Techno Blast / Draco Meteor
move 3: Precipice Blades / Secret Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza Strongest Rayquaza's strongest move, with the boost boosts from Aerilate, Stab STAB,(+comma) and Choice Specs it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game including Chansey or and Specially defensive Aegislash-Shield with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through substitute Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a flying resist Pokemon that resists Flying-type moves or soundproof a Soundproof user. The next moves aim to patch up theses weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO Physically physically defensive Soundproof users such as Slowbro-Mega Mega Slowbro or Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no without any drawbacks. Techno Blast can and should be used in conjunction with Boomburst, but never over Boomburst on this set because of the very noticeable power decrease and fewer lower PP. Ground-type coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-(+hyphen)types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Tyranitar-mega Mega Tyranitar, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Ampharos-Mega Mega Ampharos that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to Guarantee an OHKO on Tyranitar-Mega Mega Tyranitar which might may "may" is probably better here because this sentence is in present tense be able to recover its health through the battle otherwise, especially if it's it has the ability Regenerator. In that case Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast as it still reliably OHKOs common Soundproof users but also hits Regenvest Zekrom and Ampharos-Mega. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but forces Rayquaza out once used potentially giving place for allowing a Pokemon to set up and therefor therefore isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extremespeed Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of the standard aerilate set as even without the boost from Sky Plate it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows Rayquaza to scout the opponent's foe's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Pokemon with Mold Breaker Pursuit-(-hyphen)trapper. However,(+comma) Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed, it should be used carefully and only as a last resort as its item is what makes Choice Specs Rayquaza so threatening and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally,(+comma) Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-(+hyphen)types,(-comma) but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment,(+comma) as well as a Special Attack increasing nature,(+comma) is necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switchins. Maximum investment also goes into Attack to give extremspeed Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a flying type Flying-type move giving it a staggering 273 base power, coupled with Choice Specs which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza’s most common switchins, allowing it to be the threatening wallbreaker that it is. Minimal Special Defence Defense IVs can be used to punish imposter Imposter Chansey harder if it switches in into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. Rayquaza might may want to move 52 attack EVs into speed Speed as 56 EV speed EVs in Speed allows him allow it to outpace 148+ speed and 252 speed Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved in into either Speed or Bulk bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive natured base 110 such as Latios-Mega Mega Latios, Latias-Mega Mega Latias,(+comma) and Diancie-Mega Mega Diance, but has significantly less power and relies much more on hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move, but also his its safest, as it has no drawbacks, high PP and even if the opponent has a switchin he they will be forced to recover. For theses these reasons,(+comma) it's the move you should be clicking using most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click You might not want to use Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switchin like a Slowbro-Mega Mega Slowbro on an -ate weak team or a Zekrom in which case aggressive predicts predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early on, additionally a lot of teams don't have a switchin to specsquaza Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs have has been revealed in which case double switching on a Mold Breaker pursuit Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivot pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively as they can bring Rayquaza in many times through the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless it's a double switch after forcing a foe out or switching in after forcing a Pokemon to recover as Rayquaza should avoid all kind kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in BH run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early game as well as easily removing shedinja remove Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switchins to Choice Specs Boomburst have been removed, is when Ray Rayquaza can just spam away is free to fire off attacks "spam away" sounds a bit informal.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from imposter Imposter Chansey, the imposter Imposter countering option will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way Chansey doesn’t run Choice Specs which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter it no matter what coverage is used making it a great teammate. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs fighting Fighting-type coverage with relative ease while levitate registeel Levitate Registeel can do the same with ground Ground-type moves. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary so a Mold Breaker pursuit Pursuit trapper like Mewtwo-X, Giratina,(+comma) or Gengar Mega Mega Gengar make good teammates. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set rocks up Stealth Rock without worrying about Magic Bounce which raises Rayquaza’s chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98% easing up prediction, as well as making Revenge revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza or Imposter Chansey take chip damage. Hazard control is also incredibly important as Rayquaza is weak to rocks Stealth Rock, a Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams in the meta can usually Defog reliably, Giratina for example, checks most Physical attacker physical attackers and is able to Defog on them. Steel-(+hyphen)types and -ate checks are also reliable defoggers Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the Meta. Theses These include Registeel, Aegislash,(+comma) and more Specific Pokemons specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh or Specially Defensive specially defensive Tyranitar. RegenVest users such as Metagross or Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-(+hyphen)type Pokemon like Giratina being which are immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, thought though a defogger Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a miss predict misprediction or Mold Breaker hazards. Ways to bait in and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated, theses these include bulky mons Pokemon with a trapping move like most perish trap pokemon Pokemon that can make chansey Chansey struggle to death run out of PP and use Struggle until it KOes itself, some magnet pull Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga / and Xerneas combo or a volt switch steel type Steel-type with Volt Switch and a magnet pull ground type or mega Gengar Ground-type with Magnet Pull or a Mega Gengar. Finally,(+comma) the more slow pivot ran slower your pivot, the easier it is to bring Rayquaza in safely. It is vital to try and fill multiple of theses roles in the same pokemon Compress more than one of these roles into the same Pokemon, for example,(+comma) Aegislash is a common teammate as it imposterproofs Rayquaza, can provide hazard removal as well as pivoting pivot back into Rayquaza to increase the pressure on the opposing team.

Stay sharp.

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
just like you should have basic information correct without QC's help, you should be able to capitalize words without GP's help

GP 1/2

pilobacon your changes were good, but sorting through all the text with extra colors was taking me a long time sorry D:
other general notes: check for comma splices and parallelism errors
[SET]
name: Choice Specs Wallbreaker

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza's strongest move; (ASC) with the boosts from Aerilate, STAB, and Choice Specs it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game, (AC) including Chansey and or specially defensive Aegislash-Shield, (AC) with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a Pokemon that resists Flying resist or has Soundproof. The next moves aim to patch up theses weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO physically defensive Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro-Mega or and Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no drawbacks. Techno Blast can and should be used in conjunction with Boomburst, but never over Boomburst on this set because of the very noticeable power decrease and fewer PP. (they aren't slashed together so this is pretty obvious. if you think people will try this anyways though you can keep it?) Ground coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Mega Tyranitar-mega, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos-Mega that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to guarantee an OHKO on Mega Tyranitar-Mega, (AC) which might be able to recover its health throughout the battle otherwise, especially if it's running Regenerator. In that case, (AC) Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast, (AC) as it still reliably OHKOes common Soundproof users but also hits RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos-Mega. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but the move forces Rayquaza out once used, (AC) potentially allowing giving place for a Pokemon to set up, (AC) and therefore it isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of the standard Aerilate sets, as even without a the boost from Sky Plate it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows you to scout the opponent's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper. However, (AC) Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or to just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed; (ASC) it should be used carefully and only as last resort, (AC) as its item is what makes Choice Specs Rayquaza so threatening and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally, (AC) Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out, (AC) which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-types, but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment as well as a Special Attack-increasing nature is necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switch-ins. Maximum investment also goes into Attack to give Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a Flying-type move, (AC) giving it a staggering 273 Base Power, coupled with Choice Specs, (AC) which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza's most common switch-ins, allowing it to be the threatening wallbreaker that it is. Minimal Special Defense IVs can be used to punish Imposter Chansey harder if it switches into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. Rayquaza might want to move 52 attack EVs into speed as 56 Attack EVs can be moved to Speed to allows him it to outpace 148+ Spe speed and 252 Spe speed Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved into either Speed or bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie, Latios-Mega, Latias-Mega and Diancie-Mega, but Rayquaza then has significantly less power and relies much more on hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move, (RC) but also its his safest, as it has no drawbacks, it has high PP, (AC) and even if the opponent has a switch-in they he will be forced to recover. For theses reasons it's the move you should be clicking most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switch-in like a Mega Slowbro-Mega on an -ate weak team or a Zekrom, (AC) in which case aggressive predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early on. (AP) Additionally, (AC) a lot of teams don't have a switch-in to Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs has have been revealed, (AC) in which case double switching into on a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively, (AC) as they can bring Rayquaza in many times throughout the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless you predict the opponent to it's a double switch after forcing a foe out or switching in after forcing a Pokemon to recover, (AC) as Rayquaza should avoid all kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in BH run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early-game as well as easily removing Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switch-ins to Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst have been removed, is when Rayquaza can just spam away.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from Imposter Chansey. The Imposter-countering method option will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way Chansey doesn't run Choice Specs, (AC) which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter it no matter what coverage is used, (AC) making it a great teammate. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs Fighting coverage with relative ease, (AC) while Levitate Registeel can do the same with Ground. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, (AC) so a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper like Mega Mewtwo X, Giratina, (AC) or Mega Gengar Mega make is a good teammates. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set Stealth Rock up without worrying about Magic Bounce, (AC) which raises Rayquaza's chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98%, (AC) easing up prediction, as well as making revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza and Imposter Chansey take chip damage. Hazard control is also incredibly important, (AC) as Rayquaza is weak to Rock. A Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams in the metagame can usually use Defog reliably; (ASC) Giratina, (AC) for example, checks most physical attackers and is able to use Defog on them. Steel-types and -ate checks are also reliable Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the metagame. Theses include Registeel, Aegislash, (AC) and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar. RegenVest users such as Metagross and Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-type Pokemon like Giratina being immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, thought a Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a miss predict mispredict or Mold Breaker user hazards. Ways to bait in and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated; (ASC) theses include bulky Pokemon with a trapping move like most Perish trap Pokemon that can make Chansey struggle to death, some Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga + Xerneas combo, (AC) or a volt switch Steel-type with Volt Switch and a Magnet Pull Ground-type or Mega Gengar. (??? can you diagram out this sentence or something cuz i'm not sure where the commas should go) Finally, (AC) the slower your more slow pivots ran, the easier it is to bring Rayquaza in safely. It is vital to try to fill multiple of theses roles in the same Pokemon; (the term is "role compression" if you want to use that) for example, (AC) Aegislash is a common teammate, (AC) as it Imposterproofs Rayquaza, can provide hazard removal, and can as well as pivoting back into Rayquaza to increase the pressure on the opposing team.

Last edited:
just like you should have basic information correct without QC's help, you should be able to capitalize words without GP's help

GP 1/2

pilobacon your changes were good, but sorting through all the text with extra colors was taking me a long time sorry D:
other general notes: check for comma splices and parallelism errors
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza's strongest move; (ASC) with the boosts from Aerilate, STAB, and Choice Specs it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game, (AC) including Chansey and or specially defensive Aegislash-Shield, (AC) with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a Pokemon that resists Flying resist or has Soundproof. The next moves aim to patch up theses weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO physically defensive Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro-Mega or and Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no drawbacks. Techno Blast can and should be used in conjunction with Boomburst, but never over Boomburst on this set because of the very noticeable power decrease and fewer PP. (they aren't slashed together so this is pretty obvious. if you think people will try this anyways though you can keep it?) Ground coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Mega Tyranitar-mega, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos-Mega that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to guarantee an OHKO on Mega Tyranitar-Mega, (AC) which might be able to recover its health throughout the battle otherwise, especially if it's running Regenerator. In that case, (AC) Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast, (AC) as it still reliably OHKOes common Soundproof users but also hits RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos-Mega. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but the move forces Rayquaza out once used, (AC) potentially allowing giving place for a Pokemon to set up, (AC) and therefore it isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of the standard Aerilate sets, as even without a the boost from Sky Plate it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows you to scout the opponent's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper. However, (AC) Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or to just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed; (ASC) it should be used carefully and only as last resort, (AC) as its item is what makes Choice Specs Rayquaza so threatening and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally, (AC) Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out, (AC) which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-types, but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment as well as a Special Attack-increasing nature is necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switch-ins. Maximum investment also goes into Attack to give Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a Flying-type move, (AC) giving it a staggering 273 Base Power, coupled with Choice Specs, (AC) which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza's most common switch-ins, allowing it to be the threatening wallbreaker that it is. Minimal Special Defense IVs can be used to punish Imposter Chansey harder if it switches into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. Rayquaza might want to move 52 attack EVs into speed as 56 Attack EVs can be moved to Speed to allows him it to outpace 148+ Spe speed and 252 Spe speed Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved into either Speed or bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie, Latios-Mega, Latias-Mega and Diancie-Mega, but Rayquaza then has significantly less power and relies much more on hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move, (RC) but also its his safest, as it has no drawbacks, it has high PP, (AC) and even if the opponent has a switch-in they he will be forced to recover. For theses reasons it's the move you should be clicking most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switch-in like a Mega Slowbro-Mega on an -ate weak team or a Zekrom, (AC) in which case aggressive predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early on. (AP) Additionally, (AC) a lot of teams don't have a switch-in to Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs has have been revealed, (AC) in which case double switching into on a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively, (AC) as they can bring Rayquaza in many times throughout the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless you predict the opponent to it's a double switch after forcing a foe out or switching in after forcing a Pokemon to recover, (AC) as Rayquaza should avoid all kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in BH run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early-game as well as easily removing Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switch-ins to Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst have been removed, is when Rayquaza can just spam away.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from Imposter Chansey. The Imposter-countering method option will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way Chansey doesn't run Choice Specs, (AC) which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter it no matter what coverage is used, (AC) making it a great teammate. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs Fighting coverage with relative ease, (AC) while Levitate Registeel can do the same with Ground. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, (AC) so a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper like Mega Mewtwo X, Giratina, (AC) or Mega Gengar Mega make is a good teammates. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set Stealth Rock up without worrying about Magic Bounce, (AC) which raises Rayquaza's chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98%, (AC) easing up prediction, as well as making revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza and Imposter Chansey take chip damage. Hazard control is also incredibly important, (AC) as Rayquaza is weak to Rock. A Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams in the metagame can usually use Defog reliably; (ASC) Giratina, (AC) for example, checks most physical attackers and is able to use Defog on them. Steel-types and -ate checks are also reliable Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the metagame. Theses include Registeel, Aegislash, (AC) and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar. RegenVest users such as Metagross and Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-type Pokemon like Giratina being immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, thought a Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a miss predict mispredict or Mold Breaker user hazards. Ways to bait in and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated; (ASC) theses include bulky Pokemon with a trapping move like most Perish trap Pokemon that can make Chansey struggle to death, some Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga + Xerneas combo, (AC) or a volt switch Steel-type with Volt Switch and a Magnet Pull Ground-type or Mega Gengar. (??? can you diagram out this sentence or something cuz i'm not sure where the commas should go) Finally, (AC) the slower your more slow pivots ran, the easier it is to bring Rayquaza in safely. It is vital to try to fill multiple of theses roles in the same Pokemon; (the term is "role compression" if you want to use that) for example, (AC) Aegislash is a common teammate, (AC) as it Imposterproofs Rayquaza, can provide hazard removal, and can as well as pivoting back into Rayquaza to increase the pressure on the opposing team.
Sorry for taking so long.
Implemented, removed some stuff in team option that was either dumb or not worth mentioning.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Add / Remove / Comments / Fix
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza's strongest move; with the boosts from Aerilate, STAB, and Choice Specs, (AC) it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game, including Chansey and specially defensive Aegislash, with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a Pokemon that resists Flying or has Soundproof. The next moves aim to patch up theses these weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO physically defensive Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro and Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no drawbacks. Ground coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Mega Tyranitar, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to guarantee an OHKO on Mega Tyranitar, which might be able to recover its health throughout the battle otherwise, especially if it's running Regenerator. In that case, Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast, as it still reliably OHKOes common Soundproof users but also hits RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but the move forces Rayquaza out once used, potentially allowing a Pokemon to set up, and therefore, (AC) it isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of standard Aerilate sets, as even without a boost, (AC) it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows you to scout the opponent's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper. However, Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or to just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed; it should be used carefully and only as a last resort, as its Rayquaza's item is what makes Choice Specs Rayquaza it so threatening, (AC) and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally, Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out, which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-types, (RC) but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment as well as a Special Attack-increasing nature is are necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switch-ins. Maximum investment also goes into Attack investment gives to give Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a Flying-type move, giving it a staggering 273 Base Power coupled with Choice Specs, which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza's most common switch-ins, allowing it to be the threatening wallbreaker that it is. Minimal Special Defense IVs can be used to punish Imposter Chansey harder if it switches into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. 56 Attack EVs can be moved to Speed to allow it to outpace 148+ Spe and 252 Spe Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved into either Speed or bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie, but Rayquaza then has significantly less power and relies much more on entry hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move but also its safest, as it has no drawbacks, it has high PP, (AC) and even if the opponent has a switch-in, (AC) they will be forced to recover. For these these reasons, (AC) it's the move you should be clicking most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switch-in like Mega Slowbro on an -ate weak team or Zekrom, in which case aggressive predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early-game on. Additionally, a lot of teams don't have a switch-in to Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs has been revealed, in which case double switching into a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively, as they can bring Rayquaza in many times throughout the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless you predict the opponent to switch or recover, as Rayquaza should avoid all kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in BH run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early-game as well as easily removing Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switch-ins to Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst have been removed, Rayquaza can just spam (Spam what?) away.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from Imposter Chansey. The Imposter-countering method will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way, (AC) Chansey doesn't run Choice Specs, which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter it no matter what coverage is used, making it a great teammate. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs Fighting coverage with relative ease, while Levitate Registeel can do the same with Ground. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, so a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper like Mega Mewtwo X, Giratina, or Mega Gengar is a good teammates teammate. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set Stealth Rock up without worrying about Magic Bounce, which raises Rayquaza's chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98%, easing up (Redundant) prediction, (RC) as well as and making revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza and Imposter Chansey take chip damage. Entry hazard, particularly Stealth Rock, (You must mention Stealth Rock because you talk about Rayquaza being weak to Rock) control is also incredibly important, as Rayquaza is weak to Rock. A Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams in the metagame can usually use Defog reliably; Giratina, for example, checks most physical attackers and is able to use Defog on them. Steel-types and -ate checks, such as Registeel, Aegislash, and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar, are also reliable Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the metagame. These include Registeel, Aegislash, and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar. RegenVest users such as Metagross and Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-type Pokemon like Giratina being immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, though a Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a mispredict or Mold Breaker user. Ways to bait and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated; these include bulky Pokemon with a trapping move that can make Chansey struggle to death, some Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga + Xerneas combination combo, or a Steel-type with Volt Switch and a Magnet Pull Ground-type. (AP)
Hey, amcheck.

Last edited:
Add / Remove / Comments / Fix
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza's strongest move; with the boosts from Aerilate, STAB, and Choice Specs, (AC) it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game, including Chansey and specially defensive Aegislash, with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a Pokemon that resists Flying or has Soundproof. The next moves aim to patch up theses these weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO physically defensive Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro and Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no drawbacks. Ground coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Mega Tyranitar, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to guarantee an OHKO on Mega Tyranitar, which might be able to recover its health throughout the battle otherwise, especially if it's running Regenerator. In that case, Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast, as it still reliably OHKOes common Soundproof users but also hits RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but the move forces Rayquaza out once used, potentially allowing a Pokemon to set up, and therefore, (AC) it isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of standard Aerilate sets, as even without a boost, (AC) it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows you to scout the opponent's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper. However, Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or to just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed; it should be used carefully and only as a last resort, as its Rayquaza's item is what makes Choice Specs Rayquaza it so threatening, (AC) and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally, Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out, which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-types, (RC) but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment as well as a Special Attack-increasing nature is are necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switch-ins. Maximum investment also goes into Attack investment gives to give Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a Flying-type move, giving it a staggering 273 Base Power coupled with Choice Specs, which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza's most common switch-ins, allowing it to be the threatening wallbreaker that it is. Minimal Special Defense IVs can be used to punish Imposter Chansey harder if it switches into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. 56 Attack EVs can be moved to Speed to allow it to outpace 148+ Spe and 252 Spe Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved into either Speed or bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie, but Rayquaza then has significantly less power and relies much more on entry hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move but also its safest, as it has no drawbacks, it has high PP, (AC) and even if the opponent has a switch-in, (AC) they will be forced to recover. For these these reasons, (AC) it's the move you should be clicking most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switch-in like Mega Slowbro on an -ate weak team or Zekrom, in which case aggressive predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early-game on. Additionally, a lot of teams don't have a switch-in to Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs has been revealed, in which case double switching into a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively, as they can bring Rayquaza in many times throughout the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless you predict the opponent to switch or recover, as Rayquaza should avoid all kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in BH run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early-game as well as easily removing Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switch-ins to Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst have been removed, Rayquaza can just spam (Spam what?) away.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from Imposter Chansey. The Imposter-countering method will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way, (AC) Chansey doesn't run Choice Specs, which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter it no matter what coverage is used, making it a great teammate. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs Fighting coverage with relative ease, while Levitate Registeel can do the same with Ground. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, so a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper like Mega Mewtwo X, Giratina, or Mega Gengar is a good teammates teammate. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set Stealth Rock up without worrying about Magic Bounce, which raises Rayquaza's chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98%, easing up (Redundant) prediction, (RC) as well as and making revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza and Imposter Chansey take chip damage. Entry hazard, particularly Stealth Rock, (You must mention Stealth Rock because you talk about Rayquaza being weak to Rock) control is also incredibly important, as Rayquaza is weak to Rock. A Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams in the metagame can usually use Defog reliably; Giratina, for example, checks most physical attackers and is able to use Defog on them. Steel-types and -ate checks, such as Registeel, Aegislash, and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar, are also reliable Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the metagame. These include Registeel, Aegislash, and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar. RegenVest users such as Metagross and Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-type Pokemon like Giratina being immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, though a Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a mispredict or Mold Breaker user. Ways to bait and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated; these include bulky Pokemon with a trapping move that can make Chansey struggle to death, some Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga + Xerneas combination combo, or a Steel-type with Volt Switch and a Magnet Pull Ground-type. (AP)
Hey, amcheck.
Implemented, change a few things, I highlighted them below.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Boomburst is Mega Rayquaza's strongest move; with the boosts from Aerilate, STAB, and Choice Specs, it is able to 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game, including Chansey and specially defensive Aegislash, with no drawbacks and the added bonus of hitting through Substitute, making it really hard to switch into and even impossible without a Pokemon that resists Flying or has Soundproof. The next moves aim to patch up these weaknesses, with Techno Blast being able to OHKO physically defensive Soundproof users such as Mega Slowbro and Groudon while still hitting everything else extremely hard and having no drawbacks. Ground coverage is necessary to get past some bulky Rock-types, the main target being RegenVest or Sand Stream Mega Tyranitar, but it is also really useful for Prankster Registeel as well as RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos that can otherwise switch on Choice Specs Rayquaza and OHKO it back. Secret Sword can be used over Precipice Blades to guarantee an OHKO on Mega Tyranitar, which might be able to recover its health throughout the battle otherwise, especially if it's running Regenerator. In that case, Draco Meteor should be used over Techno Blast, as it still reliably OHKOes common Soundproof users but also hits RegenVest Zekrom and Mega Ampharos. Draco Meteor can also OHKO specially defensive Giratina before it can cripple Rayquaza with status or retaliate with Metal Burst, but the move forces Rayquaza out once used, potentially allowing a Pokemon to set up, and therefore, it isn't as easy to use as Techno Blast. Extreme Speed is used so that Rayquaza keeps some of the revenge killing capabilities of standard Aerilate sets, as even without a boost, it hits extremely hard against frailer or weakened Pokemon. It can be replaced with additional coverage, mainly Volt Switch, which allows you to scout the opponent's move as well as weaken potential counters or, in the case of Shedinja, remove them with the support of a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper. However, Volt Switch does have the negative effect of giving Imposter Chansey momentum. Trick is another option to permanently cripple a wall that Rayquaza might not be able to break or to just ease up prediction in a battle where the boost from Choice Specs isn't needed; it should be used carefully and only as a last resort, as Rayquaza's item is what makes it so threatening, and it becomes significantly easier to handle without it. Finally, Magma Storm can be used as a way to provide Rayquaza with additional coverage and a way to deal with Shedinja. It also prevents foes from switching out which can help guarantee a 2HKO on Steel-types, but comes at the cost of low accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Special Attack investment as well as a Special Attack-increasing nature are necessary to allow Rayquaza to properly break common switch-ins. Maximum Attack investment gives Extreme Speed as much power as possible. Aerilate turns Boomburst into a Flying-type move, giving it a staggering 273 Base Power coupled with Choice Specs, which boosts its power just enough to invalidate some of Rayquaza's most common switch-ins, allowing it to be the threatening wallbreaker that it is. Minimal Special Defense IVs can be used to punish Imposter Chansey harder if it switches into Rayquaza directly but will make Rayquaza a bit easier to revenge kill with special attacks. 56 Attack EVs can be moved to Speed to allow it to outpace 148+ Spe and 252 Spe Kyogre. If no physical move is chosen, Rayquaza can opt for a Modest nature with the Attack EVs moved into either Speed or bulk depending on the needs of the team. Another spread of 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature can be used to outspeed positive-natured base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Latios, Mega Latias, and Mega Diancie, but Rayquaza then has significantly less power and relies much more on entry hazard support and chip damage to get the 2HKOs it needs.

Usage Tips
========

Boomburst is not only Rayquaza's strongest move but also its safest, as it has no drawbacks, it has high PP, and even if the opponent has a switch-in, they will be forced to recover. For these reasons, it's the move you should be clicking most of the time and start with if you're unsure of the opponent's play. Cases where you wouldn't want to click Boomburst mindlessly are if there's an obvious switch-in like Mega Slowbro on an -ate weak team or Zekrom, in which case aggressive predictions can really put the opponent under pressure from early-game. Additionally, a lot of teams don't have a switch-in to Choice Specs Rayquaza and might want to rely on Shedinja after Choice Specs has been revealed, in which case double switching into a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper will really put them under pressure. A more defensive team with many pivots doesn't necessarily have to play aggressively, as they can bring Rayquaza in many times throughout the battle. Very rarely switch Rayquaza directly in unless you predict the opponent to switch or recover, as Rayquaza should avoid all kinds of status and most defensive Pokemon in BH run a pivoting move, making switching in directly often useless. If Rayquaza runs Volt Switch, it's an extremely good way to scout and weaken your opponent's answers early-game as well as easily removing Shedinja with support from Mold Breaker Pursuit. When switch-ins have been removed, Rayquaza can just spam Boomburst.

Team Options
========

Imposterproofing is necessary as to avoid a countersweep from Imposter Chansey. The Imposter-countering method will depend completely on the chosen coverage, but either way, Chansey doesn't run Choice Specs, which makes it much more manageable. Fur Coat Chansey can counter it no matter what coverage is used, making it a great teammate. Aegislash can counter any variant that runs Fighting coverage with relative ease, while Levitate Registeel can do the same with Ground. A way to beat Shedinja is necessary, so a Mold Breaker Pursuit trapper like Mega Mewtwo X, Giratina, or Mega Gengar is a good teammate. Mold Breaker Pokemon can also set Stealth Rock up without worrying about Magic Bounce, which raises Rayquaza's chance of 2HKOing specially defensive Registeel with Boomburst from 60% to 98%, easing prediction and making revenge killers such as opposing Rayquaza and Imposter Chansey take chip damage. A way to remove Stealth Rocks from the field is also incredibly important (seemed weird saying "entry hazard, particularly sr" when sr is the only hazard that affects ray), as Rayquaza is weak to Rock. A Pokemon that finds opportunities to switch in against most teams can usually use Defog reliably; Giratina, for example, checks most physical attackers and is able to use Defog. Steel-types and -ates checkss, such as Registeel, Aegislash, and more specific Pokemon such as Magic Guard Ho-Oh and specially defensive Tyranitar, are also reliable Defoggers because of the prevalence of Rayquaza and Diancie in the metagame. RegenVest users such as Metagross and Zekrom can also use Rapid Spin but are less reliable due to Ghost-type Pokemon like Giratina being immune to Rapid Spin. A Magic Bounce Pokemon can also help at preventing hazards altogether, though a Defogger should still be run alongside it in case of a mispredict or Mold Breaker user. Ways to bait and beat Chansey are not at all necessary, but appreciated; these include bulky Pokemon with a trapping move that can make Chansey struggle to death, some Magnet Pull combination like the common Dialga + Xerneas core (avoids repetition), or a Steel-type with Volt Switch and a Magnet Pull Ground-type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)