1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Grammar-Prose Team Queue: Here We Go Again

Discussion in 'Sixth Generation Contributions' started by Oglemi, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

[​IMG]

Introduction:

The Grammar-Prose team is a group of individuals hell-bent on proofreading as needed by the C&C crew. The Spelling and Grammar Standards that we use can be found here. This thread serves as a queue that we will constantly update to indicate which analyses in which tiers need GP checks and how many.

How This Works:

If you are an analysis writer or a C&C moderator and need an analysis proofread by the GP team, post in this thread or send me a PM and I will add it to this queue. Once it is added to the queue, GP team members will get your checks done in a timely manner. Below is the current queue listing for each tier, the number of remaining checks left for each. GP team members should take care to make sure that previous GP checks are properly implemented before GP checking something again, as having overlap is inefficient. Finally, when GP members perform a check on an analysis, they should either post in this thread or send me a PM so I can update the remaining count here and avoid conflicts (two people checking the same thing at once).

Becoming a Member:

You may apply for the GP team at any time. To apply, you must send a private message to Jellicent, SuperJOCKE, and Calm Pokemaster explaining why you think you're qualified for the team along with a list of at least three grammar checks that you've done in the past month, preferably those that have been stamped by an active member. The leaders of GP will then review the quality of your checks together and let you know whether you've been accepted or rejected. Note that we may decide to send you a test analysis to check for further testing.

Members:

The users listed below are permitted to stamp analyses or articles. Users not on this list are still encouraged to grammar check analyses and articles, but they cannot use the stamp and they do not count towards the two check requirement of all articles and analyses. Here are some tips for making GP Checks. The users listed below may also stamp the checks of people not on the team so that they will count toward the check requirement.

Notes for GP members:

Please use placeholders for threads and respect them. Stop placeholdering incomplete threads, and don't post unless you are actively grammar checking them. Saying "I'll check this when I get a chance, placeholder" is pretty dumb.

Please do not do GP checks on an analysis where the OP hasn't implemented the GP check above you, unless you're "working on top of it." Instead, either stamp the check above you or contact the OP to implement the check. Just ignoring checks above you is pretty dumb.

Notes for analysis writers:

All analysis writers, please keep the GP status of your analyses up-to-date. If you have implemented a check, post an update in the thread stating so. If you have left parts out intentionally, post an update stating so. If you have only implemented half of the check, post an update stating so. Also change the thread title. It is extremely confusing for GP team members when an analysis has not been updated. I will often look at a thread to see if it needs a check, only to be confused when I see bits of a previous check implemented, and other bits left out with no word from the OP.

Please don't change your analyses to the Copyediting tag with [GP 0/2] in the title until it is COMPLETELY WRITTEN AND READY FOR GP CHECKS. This is really annoying for GP members who think it's ready to be checked. Just leave the tag as "Copyediting (QC 3/3)" or whatever. Thanks.

If your analysis has been sitting around for a while with no GP checks, it is up to you to get in contact with the GP team and PM/VM members for a GP check. GP members are far more likely to act if you ask personally.

Electrolyte
    Ender
    fleurdyleurse
    GatoDelFuego
    Goddess Briyella
    horyzhnz
    Jellicent
    Jukain
    Legitimate Username
    Lord Alphose

Minus
    Muk
    Oglemi
    Rohail
    SuperJOCKE

Inactive (if you are listed as inactive, you can still do GP checks and stamp amateur checks, even if you've been gone for like 2 years):

Show Hide

Aeron Ee1
    Athenodoros
    Badal
    blitzlefan
    bojangles
    Chou Toshio
    commathew6
    complete legitimacy
    cosmicexplorer
    DJXO9
    DittoCrow
    Draco Zephyr
    Dubulous
    elDino
    Engineer Pikachu
    Eo Ut Mortus
    Eraddd
    Erebyssial
    EspyJoel
    Fatecrashers
    Fizz
    Flora
    Fuzznip
    Governess
    Harsha
    Hollywood
    Honko
    jc104
    jumpluff
    Kingler12345
    Komodo
    Legacy Raider
    Mafeking
    Magcargo 2
    Matthew
    melvni
    mikel
    Moo
    MysticNova
    NatGeo
    New World Order
    NixHex
    November Blue
    Omicron
    Orcinus Duo
    piikachuu
    Poppy
    Ray Jay
    Redew
    relaunched
    Rising_Dusk
    RitterCat
    sandshrewz
    Shame That
    sirndpt
    SkullCandy
    Snorlaxe
    Stalfos
    Stellar
    Steven Snype
    TelamonianAjax
    Tobes
    uraga
    V0x
    wekhter
    whistle
    Woodchuck
    Yonko7
    zdrup15
    Zystral
    -Tsunami-

Ubers:
    OU:
    UU:
    RU:
    LC:
    Doubles:
    • -
    VGC:
    Past Generations:
    Articles and Letters:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM
  2. Mizuhime

Mizuhime We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

3. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego The little hand says it's time to rock and roll
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

4. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual
    is a Contributor to Smogon

5. srk1214

srk1214 is a giant squid of anger
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

6. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

7. SOMALIA

SOMALIA The King
    is a Contributor Alumnus

8. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

BlankZero likes this.
  9. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Carbink should be an easy GP check.
  10. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Stamped Kingler[insertnumbershere]'s check on this one, so: 1/1

I did this one too, 1/1.

I'll do more later.

omg, SJ's actually doing shit, gosh...
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  11. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Did OU Gorebyss / Greninja

dunno to what standard we're supposed to be holding these but I did my best
  12. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

13. Hypercut

Hypercut

14. dragonuser

dragonuser Today, tomorrow, and always with a frozen heart
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

15. ShootingStarmie

ShootingStarmie
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

16. piikachuu

piikachuu now with a scarf

17. Gary2346

Gary2346 A filthy casual

18. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego The little hand says it's time to rock and roll
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Sableye and azumarill are done
  19. piikachuu

20. Oglemi

is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

The unordered lists in the Pokemon Previews need to be complete sentences with a period. I'm cross-posting this into the standards as well.
  21. piikachuu

Oglemi should analyses that are "done" be updated to match this?
  22. Oglemi

C&C Leader

23. dragonuser

dragonuser Today, tomorrow, and always with a frozen heart
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

24. ShootingStarmie

ShootingStarmie
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

25. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)