Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Trick people with two MMX, one with regen and one with ncure, deal good damage and either heal or absorb status. Not four, two. For pivoting.
Okay. Uh, sure. I think there are definitely better offensive abilities you could use, though. And the first thing you said mentioned "four different pokes," which was what confused me.

Natural Cure isn't exactly a bad ability. If you have Knock Off support, it's a great way to deal with Poison Heal, Guts, Quick Feet, Flare Boost, Magic Guard, and things like Facade -ate users via Entrainment. Plus it means the users can use Rest for recovery without crippling itself, though having to switch out can be annoying. Not sure I'd use it on an offensive mon though. But I can see the handiness of something like Xtwo being able to eat a burn and not care too much.

Regenerator does work offensively, however. For example, one of my WIP teams has an X-Two that thinks he's standard Mienshao and it works rather nicely.

Also, Simple Beam made more sense when Contrary spam was both more prevalent and not restricted to two mons. Back in the day, a Prankster Simple Beamer could completely shut down the offensive momentum of a team that replied purely on Contrary for offense. (Like, 4+ Contrary) Not so effective now that Contrary is restricted.

Mega evolution inception

In my opinion, surprise sets (shadow tag mGengar, illusion etc) only really work once; as soon as your opponent knows that you play the particular surprise set, they play the next game more cautiously, and in most cases the surprise item/ability essentially becomes useless.
On Shadow Tag, even if you know it's there, that doesn't stop Gengar from switching in on something that can't deal with it and trapping it, such as a support mon without Parting Shot. Or even with Parting Shot if it's not Bounce or Prankster and Gengar is packing Taunt. (Eg, Support Bounce Xern with Recover / Defog / Heal Bell / Moonblast). Sure, you might have a counter you can switch in, but the problem is you can't switch in and have no time to react to Shadow Tag coming back into play.

No, because Insomnia is only okay and Steadfast is pretty bad.
That's what I figured. Honestly, I don't really feel like changing my team much now. It is kind of annoying that I have to run 2 pokes just to stop pixilate xerneas and refridgerate kyurem, but It is nice to finally be able to play more offensively. I could see a potential set where mewtwo would mega evolve to take out say mega aggron or blissey by becoming a physical/ special attacker.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows
- Infestation​
I'll talk about my current favorite set for a moment. This set is really strong, I've swept about five teams with this now. Shell Smash gets it up to +4/+4/+4 Offense at the expense of -2/-2 Defenses. The thing that makes it different is that though is that M-Mawile has an actual typing and some legit bulk. The real icing on the cake is Huge Power, and it get so much stronger after a boost. I mean, it 2HKOes 252 / 252+ Mega Aggron at +4, with Play Rough. I'm considering changing Thousand Arrows to maybe Substitute or King's Shield to prevent myself from becoming Chansey bait. Infestation is obviously to muscle through Shedinja. Sacred Fire came up as a valid choice, but this meant that Chansey walked over me even more than before. Obviously this set has flaws, but it's really cool and I think you should try it out! :).

MAMP

MAMP!
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows
- Infestation​
I'll talk about my current favorite set for a moment. This set is really strong, I've swept about five teams with this now. Shell Smash gets it up to +4/+4/+4 Offense at the expense of -2/-2 Defenses. The thing that makes it different is that though is that M-Mawile has an actual typing and some legit bulk. The real icing on the cake is Huge Power, and it get so much stronger after a boost. I mean, it 2HKOes 252 / 252+ Mega Aggron at +4, with Play Rough. I'm considering changing Thousand Arrows to maybe Substitute or King's Shield to prevent myself from becoming Chansey bait. Infestation is obviously to muscle through Shedinja. Sacred Fire came up as a valid choice, but this meant that Chansey walked over me even more than before. Obviously this set has flaws, but it's really cool and I think you should try it out! :).
This is a really nice set, but just out of curiosity, what do you use to beat a Chansey that Imposters this?

This is a really nice set, but just out of curiosity, what do you use to beat a Chansey that Imposters this?
I run CurseTina and I carry two other "Protect" forms (Spiky Shield / KS) to stall it out to the point where KyuB can revenge kill it. Or, I take the simpler route and lure it in and do SS again, THEN mega evolve, as it will have Simple if I haven't mega evolved, and they can't mega evolve either, so it means I have Huge Power and they have Simple. That, or I pray and hope for a Speed tie. Really, the three or so times this has happened I've played around it, a bit tough, but manageable. This is why I was considering changing it to Sub / KS because then they're forced to try and outplay w/ KS. Substitute eases set up and blocks it, but its HP goes down so quickly lol, so it could be an issue. But otherwise, it is manageable, but still. I hate Chansey regardless :).

Remove infestation and replace with coverage. Run endeavor sheddy for some free serious destruction. Happy imposter murdering!
Removing Infestation completely ruins the sweep because then SturdNinja walks over me. Play Rough blasts through even resistant targets anyways, so it's not like it's a huge concern for coverage.

Ok. I meant if you really valued killing Imposter, but wat ever.

Btw, what is better, no guard MMX, or no guard MMY?

Yet another edit, sorry. I have a set that kicks butt when done correctly.

I am you. (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers/Silk Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: Nan Attack
-Quiver Dance
-Iron Defense
-Boomburst/Coverage
-Milk Drink

I send it out in imposter proof situations then take advantage of foolish enemies who think I am set up bait. Some one show the power of a 4+ Silk Scarfed Boomburst in calcs!

Last edited:
Ok. I meant if you really valued killing Imposter, but wat ever.

Btw, what is better, no guard MMX, or no guard MMY?

Yet another edit, sorry. I have a set that kicks butt when done correctly.

I am you. (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers/Silk Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: Nan Attack
-Quiver Dance
-Iron Defense
-Boomburst/Coverage
-Milk Drink

I send it out in imposter proof situations then take advantage of foolish enemies who think I am set up bait. Some one show the power of a 4+ Silk Scarfed Boomburst in calcs!
There are a wide variety of problems with this set.

First of all, what is an "Imposter-proof situation"? I feel like there's little you can do to control when an Imposter will come in and steal your boosts, and this is total Imposter bait.

Secondly, it has no way of dealing with Shedinja, Ghost-types, or Soundproof Pokemon, not to mention that it struggles greatly against Rock- and Steel-types.

Third, what guarantees you will be able to set up four Quiver Dances? And even then (here's a hypothetical matchup against Mega Tyranitar):

+4 252 SpA Blissey Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Tyranitar: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
+4 252 SpA Silk Scarf Blissey Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Tyranitar: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 352-415 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 63.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 388-457 (54.3 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It also loses to Unaware users, as well as Prankster users, particularly those with Heart Swap and Haze.

The idea of the set is nice, but I wouldn't use offensive, mono-Normal-attacking Blissey under any circumstances.

Note, I made it that way on purpose, at least weak to sheddy, so that I can wall it. And I have been considering light of ruin for its attack.

And I meant when the opponent had a substitute or obvious illusion out so I can trick them that I am imposter and bounce effect moves.

Last edited:
If the opponent has a substitute up then Magic Bounce isn't gonna do jack. Illusion is really only viable on sweepers, so you wouldn't get a chance to set up anyway.

Here's a set I've been using for support on my semi-stall team:
Xerneas @ Leftovers
Pixilate
Jolly
Standard EVs and shit
Rapid Spin
Milk Drink
ExtremeSpeed
Heal Bell

So this thing performs amazingly. Most people assume this is a sweeping xerneas and go to their wall, which essentially gives me a free turn to rapid spin. ESpeed is used over Boomburst to stop Cube from being able to do a lot, and also it can stop X-Two right in its tracks. Milk Drink is used as this is going to be switching in and out a lot against a good player, and longevity is key in BH stall matches. Heal Bell seems odd, as it removes Poison Healers' recovery, but this allows me to give them their recovery back if it gets burned/slept on a misprediction. This thing has pulled its weight more often than not in most matches by allowing sturdinja to wall the opponent's team.

The thing about rapid spin is that hazards aren't that common in and of itself I mean the set looks good but the thing is that unless you are running your own hazards which is somewhat doubtful, you are better off using defog. I would also like to bring up another topic Aegislash usage has dropped dramatically why do you guys think this happened? How does this affect the meta? Are there any mons that can shine more with the absence of aegislash?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)