Balanced OU RMT

So, I've been wanting to run this team by some experts. I never got into HO, or heavy offense, and weather is so typical anymore, so I went with balanced.

Original Team

I really wanted a trio of solid defenders that could sponge hits and do some phazing. Gastrodon and Zapdos I feel could be replaced with a Swampert and Parashuffler Dragonite for the same affects. I realize that I do lack Stealth Rocks, so I'll need some advice on how to fit it in. This trio is odd and is unique compared to the JellyThorns and such.
Scrafty is going to be my main sweeper. I know he has a lot of potential and that he needs some support to be successful and my walls compliment him well. He is also bulky compared to some setup sweepers and that is a big plus.
I needed a quick striker. Landorus will do well against sand and with a Scarf, he is just terrifying in general.
Rotom was a tough choice for me. I needed a special attacker to balance out what I can hit, but I also wanted a little better resistance to ice sense I have Zapdos and Landorus.

Previous Changes

For

For

For

For

For

For

Updates:

So I've been getting some excellent feedback, and I'm going to put my changes in Bold on my team. I'm really fond of some changes and I will be looking into some other pieces. I'll keep updating as people keep giving me advice. Right now I'm tempted to try Haxorus out but I need more encouragement before I risk it.

I've completely revamped my team after a few battles, let me know what you guys think. I am curious about it, but I'm not afraid to go back to my old idea.

Final Look:

Conkledurr
Ability - Guts, Item - Leftovers
Nature - Adamant , EV's - 120 HP / 252 atk / 136 SpD
Moves:
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Bulk Up
Stone Edge

This is the bread and butter Conk set. His bulk is absolutely divine when it is apart of this balanced team. He can come in on a mismatch and Bulk up to frightening levels. Plus his typing doesn't add any unwanted weaknesses to this threatening group of pokemon

Forretress
Ability - Sturdy, Item - Leftovers
Nature - Calm, Ev's - 252 hp, 4 def, 252 spD
Moves:
Spikes
Stealth Rocks
Volt Switch
Rapid Spin

I'm bringing this guy back to the ranks of my team. He is incredibly strong and this new EV spread makes him that much more to handle. His ability to lay, and remove hazards is a subtle but valuable piece to the makeup of this team. Volt Switch helps me keep up momentum which is another important piece.

Flygon
Ability - Levitate , Item - choice scarf
Nature - Adamant, Ev's - 4 hp, 252 Atk, 252 speed
Moves:
Earthquake
Outrage
Dragon Claw
U-turn

About some of you didn't expect to see this guy. I have a talent for picking a UU or 2 and making them threats in a good OU team. Flygon is better than Dragonite because he doesn't struggle with Stealth Rocks, and U-turn keeps the game flowing smooth. His ground typing also pleases me because of the electric resist which I lost when I removed pert from the group.

Gastrodon
Ability - Storm Drain , Item - Leftovers
Nature - Sassy, Ev's - 252 hp, 4 spA, 252 spD
Moves:
Scald
Toxic
Recover
Earthquake

Part of my wall trio. He can sponge the Ice beams and fire attacks aimed at him. A basic set but the Toxic is crucial because it helps ware down a guy that I maybe can't hit directly. He is unique with Storm Drain which really helps against Rain teams shooting their Hydro Pumps everywhere. He also adds another guy to hit Steels/Fire
types. The best part is that his weaknesses are well covered.

Latias
Ability - Levitate , Item - Leftovers
Nature - Timid, EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar

This is the new girl on the block. A newcomer to this group of guys. This set is very solid. She provides me the phazing that I lost when I made Zapdos my sweeper. I do lose out on all of my wish support, but wish didn't save me as much. The Calm Mind allows me to set up on a switch and sweep from there.

Zapdos
Ability - Pressure, Item - Life Orb
Nature - Timid, Ev's - 252 spA, 252 speed, 4 hp
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass
Heat Wave

Roost

This new set lets Dos fill the role of versatile special sweeper under this teams new format. The coverage is excellent and he still resists a lot of threats. His weaknesses were an issue at first but with my new walls, he fits in and can sweep any team reliably. I do miss his phazing though.

Notes:
I'm well balanced, however, if I'm up against more physically bulky teams, I will probably lose. I can't foresee any specific threats to my team. I suppose I may be weak to latios. This team is excellent at forcing switches and I love the ability for most of these guys to shine when I need them.

I do handle Sand well enough. Rain is questionable.

Old Members:

Rotom - W
Ability - Levitate, Item - Leftovers
Nature - Modest, Ev's - 112 hp, 252 spA, 144 speed
Moves:
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Thunder Bolts
Hydro Pump

This guy is just a filler at this point. I needed a respectable special attacker with some handy resistances and this was what popped into my head first, It's a typical set. Will-O-Wisp is helpful in crippling anyone who would pose a physical threat to the guys on my team. His general bulk is very appealing and Pain Split is great for added recovery. He hits Gliscor and threats like Heatran very well.

Gastrodon
Ability - Storm Drain , Item - Leftovers
Nature - Sassy, Ev's - 252 hp, 4 spA, 252 spD
Moves:
Ice Beam
Toxic
Recover
Earthquake

Part of my wall trio. He can sponge the Ice beams and fire attacks aimed at him. A basic set but the Toxic is crucial because it helps ware down a guy that I maybe can't hit directly. He is unique with Storm Drain which really helps against Rain teams shooting their Hydro Pumps everywhere. He also adds another guy to hit Steels/Fire

Scrafty
Ability - Moxie , Item - Lum Berry
Nature - Jolly, Ev's - 4 hp, 252 Atk, 252 speed
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Drain Punch
Crunch
Ice Punch

This guy is just a straight up stud. He is respectably bulky and after a Dragon Dance or 2, he can be absolutely devastating. I'd like to stick with him but as a RMT goes, I'm open to change. I find that Setup sweepers are slowly fading away, but this guy fits in well because he has solid coverage on everything except Heracross and Toxicroak. Drain punch was added so that this guy can get a little bit of reliable recovery to survive later into a game.

Thanks in advance guys!

You say you're in the market to replace Rotom with a better special sweeper, so why not use a Gengar? It has key resistances to two very common types, and has great Speed and Special Attack.

Gengar@Life Orb
Levitate
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Substitute

It covers most of what Rotom-W can well enough and beyond, as Celebi and Gastrodon are no longer a problem to you. Set up Substitute first so that if the opponent switches to a Pursuit user, to my knowledge, you'll escape unscathed, or be able to hit back with an appropriate move. Hidden Power is the better choice here due to Scizor, as you lack Disable on this set to shut down Bullet Punch, but Thunderbolt is great for the Likes of Gyarados or Vaporeon, as Shadow Ball isn't as likely to get as far, nor Focus Blast.

Hope this helped.

SD Lucario would give your defensive trio a HUGE problem. And I mean it. I've done damage calcs so here goes:

+2 Adamant Close Combat vs. Gastrodon: 159.9% - 188.3%, Extreme Overkill
+2 Adamant Close Combat vs. Forretress: 84.2% - 99.4%, OHKO after SR or 2 layers of Spikes
+2 Adamant Ice Punch vs. Zapdos: 86.5% - 102.1%, OHKO after SR
+2 Adamant Crunch vs. Zapdos: 46.1% - 54.4%, 2HKO on the switch with SR up
+2 Adamant Close Cmbat vs. Zapdos: 51.8% - 60.9%, 2HKO on the switch with SR up

EDIT:

oh and btw, Gengar is very helpful in this situation. Just don't switch in on a Crunch. I don't need to calculate the damage but I'm sure it's an overkill

SD Lucario would give your defensive trio a HUGE problem. And I mean it. I've done damage calcs so here goes:

+2 Adamant Close Combat vs. Gastrodon: 159.9% - 188.3%, Extreme Overkill
+2 Adamant Close Combat vs. Forretress: 84.2% - 99.4%, OHKO after SR or 2 layers of Spikes
+2 Adamant Ice Punch vs. Zapdos: 86.5% - 102.1%, OHKO after SR
+2 Adamant Crunch vs. Zapdos: 46.1% - 54.4%, 2HKO on the switch with SR up
+2 Adamant Close Cmbat vs. Zapdos: 51.8% - 60.9%, 2HKO on the switch with SR up

EDIT:

oh and btw, Gengar is very helpful in this situation. Just don't switch in on a Crunch. I don't need to calculate the damage but I'm sure it's an overkill
Do you have Any other suggestions?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
NO, NEVER USE FORETRESS!!!!!

If I had a nickel for everytime I said that...

Anyways,

Foretress is outclassed by Ferrothorn in EVERY FREAKING WAY! It has typing that can really abuse rain (going against rain teams), it can set up hazards (t-spikes not missed), and it has better offense and can wall a lot more.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Effort Values: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Power Whip
~ Gyro Ball

Jellicent>Gastrodon

Jellicent has better synergy with your new Ferrothorn, as it takes a lot of fighting hits (Terrakion, LUCARIO (crunch is a problem... working on that) ) Jellicent also SPIN BLOCKS! People, my gosh please think before posting RMT's! (Sorry, a bit cranky, 1:00 AM kinda tired)

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Effort Values: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe

~ Scald / Surf
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Recover
~ Taunt

I could cry, not another Scrafty :'( Conkeldurr really outclasses him, unless Scrafty runs shed skin and loses the Moxie everyone uses it for. Lets see what happens if Scrafty faces Ferrothorn:

Scrafty used Dragon Dance!
Its Speed Rose by 1
Its Attack Rose by 1

Ferrothorn uses Thunder Wave
The foe Scrafty is paralyzed!

Scrafty is paralyzed!

Ferrothorn uses leech seed!
The foe Scrafty has been leeched!

Now what? Switch a useless Scrafty out? Just kill Ferrothorn and sack it? The opponent switches to Rotom-W, and then Scrafty is screwed. I will work with Scrafty this one time (because I am too lazy to pick something else) so just run Lum Berry or Shed Skin and add rest to shed skin set and your good.

Thats it really *yawn* hope this helps,
~ Anthonias

On Scrafty run Drain Punch instead of Hi Jump Kick, as a form of recovery could greatly help you. Other than that, nice solid, balanced team.

If you want to seriously ramp up the intensity, try replacing Scafty with Haxorus:

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Adamant
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage

He has better offense, speed, move pool, and typing then Scafty. His moves are far move powerful and are able to hit many more type combinations. Taunt allows him to decimate Skarmory and the like that think they have a chance of walling him.

I have to disagree with the Ferrothorn > Forretress as a rule quip. Forry has Rapid Spin, and one can consider Sturdy a plus if really need be. But there are instances where Rapid Spin access makes Forry the better choice. I'm not really qualified to diagnossi if this team is one of those instances myself, but just throwing my 2cents in.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Besides from maybe Zapdos, what really takes a lot of damage from hazards? Also, Foretress is the opponents best set up fodder in the game . Switch and set while the player sets up. Gyro Ball not really going to do much or even going to get a chance after *volcarona* sets up on it's ass and kills everything. Ferro can wall better, it's true. It also counters rain a lot better, so I do not see how rapid spin is crucial to this team.

If what Anthonias said about Forry is true, then why do you guys think that Forry is OU instead of NU?

So Crazy Bolts, you asked for more suggestions. I think you should replace one of your defensive core pokes. I would replace Gastrodon with Blissey or Jellicent. Well it's up to you really. Also, on that Scrafty, Conkeldurr doesn't completely outclass it. 1, Scrafty has access to one of the best boosting move in form of DD. 2, Conkeldurr ALMOST NEVER kills a Toxic Stalling Gliscor. Something like this:
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
EVs:252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Nature:Impish
Moveset:
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Earthquake
~ Toxic

Let's say that we have Conk and Scrafty set up atleast one Bulk Up and DD respectively before Gliscor switched in. Here's the situation:
Gliscor used Toxic

Conk used Payback/Stone Edge (based from experience, Payback will do like less than half and SE will do over half but not kill, even after Guts boost)

Scrafty used Ice Punch (also based on experience, this should be an OHKO)

So if the poke is Conk, Gliscor can just stall with Substitute+Protect and Conk dies. The one and only way for Conk to really kill this Gliscor is to get a crit or get 2 boosts before Gliscor tries to stall you the n SE.

Oh yea, on that Lucario prob, Landorus kills it with EQ. Well Extremespeed can kill at +2

NO, NEVER USE FORETRESS!!!!!

If I had a nickel for everytime I said that...

Anyways,

Foretress is outclassed by Ferrothorn in EVERY FREAKING WAY! It has typing that can really abuse rain (going against rain teams), it can set up hazards (t-spikes not missed), and it has better offense and can wall a lot more.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Effort Values: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Power Whip
~ Gyro Ball

Jellicent>Gastrodon

Jellicent has better synergy with your new Ferrothorn, as it takes a lot of fighting hits (Terrakion, LUCARIO (crunch is a problem... working on that) ) Jellicent also SPIN BLOCKS! People, my gosh please think before posting RMT's! (Sorry, a bit cranky, 1:00 AM kinda tired)

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Effort Values: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe

~ Scald / Surf
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Recover
~ Taunt

I could cry, not another Scrafty :'( Conkeldurr really outclasses him, unless Scrafty runs shed skin and loses the Moxie everyone uses it for. Lets see what happens if Scrafty faces Ferrothorn:

Its Speed Rose by 1
Its Attack Rose by 1

Ferrothorn uses Thunder Wave
The foe Scrafty is paralyzed!

Scrafty is paralyzed!

Ferrothorn uses leech seed!
The foe Scrafty has been leeched!

Now what? Switch a useless Scrafty out? Just kill Ferrothorn and sack it? The opponent switches to Rotom-W, and then Scrafty is screwed. I will work with Scrafty this one time (because I am too lazy to pick something else) so just run Lum Berry or Shed Skin and add rest to shed skin set and your good.

Thats it really *yawn* hope this helps,
~ Anthonias
I'd like to respectful disagree with Anthonias. Forretress is not outclassed because it works exactly the same way as Ferrothorn in rain, is neutral to Fighting, a popular offensive type, instead of weak to it, and unlike Ferrothorn, Forretress can Rapid Spin.

I also disagree with Anthonias about Jellicent. Jellicent is the most predictable pokemon in the metagame and every good player knows what to expect when they see one. When they see Swampert, however, they might not know exactly what's coming. Try using this Swampert set over your Gastrodon:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.A)
Effort Values: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
>Stealth Rock
>Earthquake
>Waterfall/Aqua Tail
>Ice Punch

This set is better than your Gastrodon set because even though you lose the Storm Drain free switch in, Swampert has similar bulk and more attack power.

If you use Swampert, you should keep Zapdos because it can take the Grass attacks aimed at Swampert well.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Foretress is a good rapid spinner, but he doesn't NEED a rapid spinner. In which case, I am sure most of you can agree that Ferrothorn has better walling cabibilities. I am puzzled why Foretress is OU, but I guess defenses like that and access to rapid spin and toxic spikes might make it a better choice. Anyways, I never said Jellicent was unpredictable, it only has one set. However, it has more synergy with Ferrothorn, as they make a good pair. That the reason why I suggested it, or I would have said Tentacreul to gain toxic spikes back, and even rapid spin, and completly make Foretress useless on this team as tenacreul is a bit better. Typing wise maybe not, but with Ferrothorn providing the remaining hazards, and Tentacreul taking fighting hits fairly well they can work too.

Tentacreul @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Effort Values: 252 Hp/252 SpDef/4 SpA

~ Toxic Spikes
~ Rapid Spin/Protect
~ Scald
~ Ice Beam/Protect

He doesn't need rapid spin, however, Tentacreul and Ferrothorn make a nice pair, and Ferrothorn can actully play offensive, as well as Tentacreul. Foretress is set up bait, which forces a switch out of Foretress and then the opponent nabs a DD boost? I know you guys don't like my attitude, but I want to appoligize, a bit cranky that day. Anyways, I "respectfully" keep my opinion.

Ferrothorn + Tentacreul

Gastro's toxic is now replaced by toxic spikes. Protect (if choosen) can nab some health back and prolong poison damage. Scald are for Scizor really, as Tentacruel can kinda take a hit, and is a nice back up if Rotom-W is taken out. Anyways, Foretress is not really needed. Tenta and Ferrothorn (Tentacreul and Ferrothorn can both do things apart from setting up, and provide everything Foretress provided)

Oh, and for who do not know, Tentacreul has rain dish.

~ Anthonias

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Let's say that we have Conk and Scrafty set up atleast one Bulk Up and DD respectively before Gliscor switched in. Here's the situation:
Gliscor used Toxic

Conk used Payback/Stone Edge (based from experience, Payback will do like less than half and SE will do over half but not kill, even after Guts boost)

Scrafty used Ice Punch (also based on experience, this should be an OHKO)

So if the poke is Conk, Gliscor can just stall with Substitute+Protect and Conk dies. The one and only way for Conk to really kill this Gliscor is to get a crit or get 2 boosts before Gliscor tries to stall you the n SE.
Well, Scrafty may be good against Gliscor, but we can compare them to Ferrothorn as the opponent instead. Gliscor walls them both, while they are supposed to check/counter Ferrothorn. With Thunder-Wave, Conkeldurr gains a guts boost. Scrafty gains a cripple. Many, many players run thunder wave. Jirachi, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, gyrados, Togekiss, Chansey, Blissey, Porygon2, do I need to name more? Conk benefit from all of them, making hit a STATUS absorber. Thats better than being weak to status, and most pokes that use DD can outspeed with paralysis. Scrafty as like 80 base speed, one of the worst in the game. It can sweep I guess, but lets say its against Foretress. He sucks, but I want to use something that can't paralysis it, which means no Ferrothorn (which makes a better counter, but hey, anyways)

Foretress used Stealth Rock!
Foretress used Gyro Ball!

NO more setting up for Scrafty, as Foretress walls it. One of the worst pokes walls it (in my opinion). Conkeldurr can actually use Bulk Up and WALL Foretress.

Ferrothorn used Leech Seed
Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn used Protect

Conk as a lot of HP, he can care less about leech. He gains benefits from T-Waves, and can again boost defenses to wall this thing.

Scrafty loses to both t-wave or leech gyro balls. Do I need to say more?

See my point?

Well, Scrafty may be good against Gliscor, but we can compare them to Ferrothorn as the opponent instead. Gliscor walls them both, (Wtf, Gliscor DOES NOT wall Scrafty)while they are supposed to check/counter Ferrothorn. With Thunder-Wave, Conkeldurr gains a guts boost. Scrafty gains a cripple. Many, many players run thunder wave. Jirachi, Dragonite,Not often Ferrothorn, gyrados(lol), Togekiss(uu for reason, won't like an ice punch either, Chansey(who would stay in?), Blissey, Porygon2, do I need to name more? Conk benefit from all of them, making hit a STATUS absorber. Gyarados allows conk to set up? Togekiss too? Thats better than being weak to status, and most pokes that use DD can outspeed with paralysis. ...what? Besides, not all DD Scrafty use Moxie. Scrafty as(has?) like 80 base speed, one of the worst in the game. Maybe that's why you would use DD... It can sweep I guess, but lets say its against Foretress. He sucks, but I want to use something that can't paralysis it, which means no Ferrothorn (which makes a better counter, LOL, Ferro isn't a counter. but hey, anyways)

Scrafty used Dragon Dance! Or Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch!
Foretress used Stealth Rock!
Scrafty used Dragon Dance! Or they can send something in it can't harm while setting up, like Volc, assuming no SR.
Foretress used Gyro Ball!

NO more setting up for Scrafty, as Foretress walls it. Can it take on 3 HJKs? No?(<- Guess) Then it can't wall it, especially without reliable recovery. Or if they use drain punch, than it's harder for Forre to kill it. One of the worst pokes walls it Quagsire (NU) walled Kyogre(Uber) in DPP, (in my opinion). Conkeldurr can actually use Bulk Up and WALL Foretress. Or set up hazards all over it, and switch to something that can handle it.

Ferrothorn used Leech Seed Once again, HJK/Drain Punch
Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball
Ferrothorn used Protect

Conk as a lot of HP, he can care less about leech. Just about every sweeper cares about losing 10% of their health, maybe even more due to Life Orb/SandstormHe gains benefits from T-Waves, and can again boost defenses to wall this thing.

Scrafty loses to both t-wave or leech gyro balls. And Conk likes Leech Seed? And parahax at times? Do I need to say more?
After rereading this, I'd also like to know, who would keep a Ferro in on a Conk? Besides, can Conk handle Gliscor, Lati@s, Tornadus, Landorus(not scarfed), Gengar and friends, like Scrafty?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I'm not even sure Scrafty can take two Gyro Balls. Quagsire walls almost every set up sweeper except for CM'ers. So I am not really surprised, actually, suprised it's NU. I noticed you meant DPPL, Quaggy is just good.
Anyways,
If you set up all hazards, Conks at +6. Drain Pinch will hit any switch that's not ghost, and he has payback anyways. When fully set up (any pokemon in general) there really isn't a way to "handle them. I set up on Forry using Latias CM. I then ohko dragonite, his only means of "handling" me. The only real way to handle set up sweepers is with roar (whirlwind). What Pokes can use it w/o being ohko. Anyways,

Ever seen choblethorn? Anyways, I don't want to argue about this as my main point is this team doesn't need Forry. Tenta can help if t spikes (is rapid spin missed?) if missed.

Drain punch is beter than HJL allowibgyou to survive a vacuum wave from lucario or a Mach punch from Conk or ape. Easier at least

Great team you got here, but it seems Latios would murder it. I would suggest Tyranitar.

Tyranitar@ Life Orb
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Crunch
-Stone Edge

Tyranitar is also a good sweeper. You should take him over Scrafty since it has more power and counters Latios. Good Luck

Anthonias, adding a ferrocent core will not help this team because everybody and their grandmother uses it and prepares to beat it. (i know mine does) This zapdos-gastrodon/swampert-forretress core he has is unorthodox, so players will be thrown a little off balance. There's something to be said for not using the most popular stuff all the time, but you seem to be intent on shoving your ferrocent down everyone's throats.

Also, Tentacruel does not synergize as well with existing members of his team as forretress. Forretress can take both ice attacks aimed at zapdos and grass attacks aimed at gastrodon/swampert. It can also set up Stealth Rocks and use Volt Switch to keep momentum going.

Your defensive core now is primarily defensive, having no special defenders, thus you need a defensive wall that can take fighting attack a bit better but can still survive a Draco Meteor, that's why I'm suggesting a Specially Defensive Jirachi

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Nature: Careful
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Protect

Jirachi can provide wishes for your team, since both of your defensive walls lack reliable recovery and can give Gengar more longevity. It also provides paralysis support which is good for this pretty slow team. Gengar handles fighting types well so don't worry about the lose of the fighting resist.

You already have a pretty powerful Earthquake with Swampert, so I would suggest dropping Choice Scarf Landorus for Choice Scarf Hyderigon.

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon fills the same role as Labdorus as a scouter with U-turn, but this allows you to hit everything hard with Draco Meteor and smack Steels that come in with Fire Blast or Focus Blast. Although the standard uses timid, I would use Modest because Haxorus (Choice Scarf Haxorus is the treat that outspeeds non-timid) can easily be dealt with by Forretress and Jirachi.

Your defensive core now is primarily defensive, having no special defenders, thus you need a defensive wall that can take fighting attack a bit better but can still survive a Draco Meteor, that's why I'm suggesting a Specially Defensive Jirachi

Jirachi@Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Nature: Careful
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Protect

Jirachi can provide wishes for your team, since both of your defensive walls lack reliable recovery and can give Gengar more longevity. It also provides paralysis support which is good for this pretty slow team. Gengar handles fighting types well so don't worry about the lose of the fighting resist.

You already have a pretty powerful Earthquake with Swampert, so I would suggest dropping Choice Scarf Landorus for Choice Scarf Hyderigon.

Hydreigon@Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon fills the same role as Labdorus as a scouter with U-turn, but this allows you to hit everything hard with Draco Meteor and smack Steels that come in with Fire Blast or Focus Blast. Although the standard uses timid, I would use Modest because Haxorus (Choice Scarf Haxorus is the treat that outspeeds non-timid) can easily be dealt with by Forretress and Jirachi.
The problem is, Jirachi adds a weakness to Fire and Ground that I don't desire. If I drop Zapdos for example, then I'm doubly weak to fire and I lose my phazer. Dropping Forrey drops my spinning and support while adding a useless ground weakness. Dropping Swampert make me gain the two weaknesses mentioned earlier and I lose some power.

Hydreigon is possible, but then Gengar is useless. I don't mean completely useless, but my coverage is sort of thrown off, and I miss my extra ground resistance, as well as his ability to absorb fighting attacks.

The first thing I thought about when I saw this team was that it was weak to rain. The only Pokemon that can somewhat deal with rain is Zapdos, and that's still unreliable. You had Rotom-W and Gastrodon on the original team and I think one of them should be on this one. They can help you with rain teams better. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)