Balanced Speed OU Team

This is my OU team. Please rate it and tell me how it is. I really need help on my walls so please give me some advice :) Thank you Gary the Gengar for helping me out on my old team by the way :)

Team Overview

Team Detailed

The Lead

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly (+Spe -SpA): Pressure
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide

Aerodactyl as a suicide lead works great on this team thanks to setting up Stealth Rock at the start of the battle and using Taunt to stop other stealth rock users like Bronzong, Jirachi, and Swampert from setting up. Thanks to Focus Sash, Stealth Rock is a 100% guarantee thanks to it's speed. Earthquake is for attacking common leads like Infernape, Metagross, Jirachi and I chose Rock Slide over stone edge because of the 30% flinch hax.

The OU Garchomp Revenge Killer

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant (+Attack, -SpA): Levitate
EVs: Adamant: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
~Earthquake
~Outrage/Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~U-Turn

I chose Choice Scarf over Choice Band because of speed. It's basically used as my revenge killer and for U-turn. STAB Earthquake and Outrage hits all pokemon except for Skarmory, Bronzong and Shedinja so Fire Blast takes them out. Walls like Cresselia and sweepers like Latias, Azelf, and Starmie are taken out by U-turn.

The Mixed Sweeper/Thunder Absorber

Electrivire @ Expert Belt
Mild (+SpA, -Def): Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
~ThunderBolt
~HP Ice
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop

I first used Jolteon thinking it would help me against physical sweepers/waters that attack gyarados with electric moves but thanks to Snorlaxxz on telling me Electrivire is the better choice thanks to it's Motor Drive ability, I changed it :). Motor Drive takes electric type moves from others sweepers/walls attacking such as a Choice Scarf Magnezone and improves Electrivire speed so it can counter it back with Cross Chop. Cross Chop also takes care of Blisseys, Snorlax, and Tyranitar from walling it's special moves. Flamethrowers is for countering sweepers such as Scizor, Heracross, and Breloom and walls like Bronzong. I might HP Ice over HP Grass cause Swampert is like the only pokemon that can counter Electrivire anyways. And of course, ThunderBolt for STAB against physical sweepers/walls like Skarmory.

The Skarm/Bliss Counter and Wall Breaker

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive (+Spe, -Sp.D): Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
~Close Combat
~Fire Blast
~Grass Knot
~HP Ice

Infernape is my SkarmBliss counter. One of the best wall-breakers and mixed sweeper in OU. I chose Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower for OHKO-ing pokemon without the Nasty Plot boost such as Skarmory and Scizor. HP Ice for OHKO-ing Salamence and Flygon and Grass Knot for Swampert and Mamoswine. Close Combat is for OHKO-ing Blissey, other special walls, and late game sweepers like Lucario.

The Bulky Gyarados

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA): Intimidate
EVs: 156 Hp / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~Taunt

Thank you Gary the Gengar for confirming me that Celebi is a better cleric than Miltank but I also give thanks to Changos on confirming my SDluke weakness and the no need of Heal Bell support. Therefore I changed it to Gyarados. With the 100 Def EV Spread, it brings Gyarados defense to a maximum of 219 with Intimidate! Therefore, it can take a stone edge for a SDLuke and take hits from Scizor and Heracross and counter with Waterfall. Waterfall is for STAB + 20% flinching hax. Using Dragon Dance increase my Attack and Speed outspeeding a Gengar. Taunt protects Gyarados from taking Pseudo-Hazers such as Weezing and Pokemon that give it a burn like Dusknoir. Stone Edge is for taking down other bulky waters such as Suicune and Milotic.

The Special CurseTank

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful (+SpD, -SpA): Thick Fat
EVs: 168 Hp / 120 Def / 220 SpD
~Curse
~Body Slam
~Rest
~Fire Punch

I thought of using Clefable first but it's UU therefore I chose Snorlax instead of Blissey because Blissey's Defense is not so good. I chose Curselax because Curse can improve my attack and defense since Snorlax is already dang slow. Body Slam for 30% paralysis and for attacking pokemon that doesn't resist it. I chose Fire Punch out off Earthquake, Crunch and Whirlwind since Fire Punch can attack Ghosts and Steel walls like Metagross. Rest is for healing off damage since that's Snorlax only healing move.

So, here it is. Please rate it and tell me suggestions about how to help improve my team. Thanks:)

Changes:
Changed Celebi to BulkyGyarados.
Changed Jolteon to Electivire.
Improved moveset.

uu doesnt mean they cant perform well in ou -_-

but anyway at first glance ur team has a weakness to sd luke since once flygon its gone it can ohko all members of your team as snorlax is ohko, celebi cant touch it, infernape dies to exspeed as do jolteon , even flygon receives heavy damage

also scysor can make big holes so maybe you can try adding a bulky gyara spread over celebi as status doesnt affect youre team very much (two inmunes to thunderwave one to w-o-w, to that dont mid w-o-w and only jolteon is harmed by toxic)

uu doesnt mean they cant perform well in ou -_-

but anyway at first glance ur team has a weakness to sd luke since once flygon its gone it can ohko all members of your team as snorlax is ohko, celebi cant touch it, infernape dies to exspeed as do jolteon , even flygon receives heavy damage

also scysor can make big holes so maybe you can try adding a bulky gyara spread over celebi as status doesnt affect youre team very much (two inmunes to thunderwave one to w-o-w, to that dont mid w-o-w and only jolteon is harmed by toxic)
Thank you Changos for confirming that for me. I used to use a UU/BL team by the way against OU pokemon but I wanted to try a all OU team for a change in case your wondering lol. I was having trouble getting a Celebi anyways and I didn't know that Gyarados could be that bulky. Once again thanks :).

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! :)

A better choice than Jolteon to take the elctric attacks aimed at Gyarados would be Electivire. It is faster (after taking an Electric move), has better type coverage, and isnt walled by Blissey. Your team is in need of a mixed sweeper, and Electivire is a fantastic choice for this role. Here is the specific moveset:

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Mild nature (+Special Attack, -Defense)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
~ Cross Chop

With outstanding type coverage, good attacking stats, and Motor Drive to boost its Speed, Electivire makes an effective mixed sweeper. Electivire's effectiveness hinges on getting a Motor Drive boost, so using a Pokémon like Gyarados or Vaporeon to lure in Electric attacks will be necessary. With a Speed boost, Electivire will have the Speed, coverage, and power to eliminate most Pokémon it will encounter in OU play, including many of the counters to the more popular physical Electivire.

Thunderbolt might be coming off of Electivire's lower Special Attack score, but its base power is significantly higher and can do significant damage to many of physical Electivire's counters. Flamethrower serves a similar purpose, dealing heavy damage to the likes of Metagross, Bronzong, Magnezone, and Celebi, while OHKOing Scizor, Forretress, and Tangrowth. Hidden Power Ice is mainly for Gliscor, Dragonite, and Salamence, but Hidden Power Grass is an option to hit Swampert and Rhyperior. Cross Chop allows Electivire to beat what its special attacks cannot, most notably Blissey, Snorlax, and Tyranitar. Only Snorlax has a chance of surviving two hits, but Stealth Rock or sandstorm damage will mean that it is always 2HKOed.

Expert Belt is the preferred item on this set, but Life Orb works in its place. The extra power can help, but Expert Belt is usually a better option since Electivire will be worn down easily by Life Orb recoil, and the potential for Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage means that Electivire won't last very long. The EVs allow Electivire to always 2HKO max HP / max Def Blissey, almost always 2HKO standard CurseLax, and always OHKO standard CBTar with Cross Chop. Electivire gets 281 Speed, allowing it to outspeed Timid Choice Scarf Heatran after a Motor Drive boost (though it must be weakened significantly or Cross Chop will not KO). It also outruns neutral Speed natured Lucario, Impish Gliscor, and most MixMence before a Motor Drive boost so that Electivire can knock both of them out.

Good luck! :)
P.S. Snorlax is such a hottie

A better choice than Jolteon to take the elctric attacks aimed at Gyarados would be Electivire. It is faster (after taking an Electric move), has better type coverage, and isnt walled by Blissey. Your team is in need of a mixed sweeper, and Electivire is a fantastic choice for this role. Here is the specific moveset:

Electivire @ Expert Belt
~ Thunderbolt
~ Flamethrower
~ Cross Chop

With outstanding type coverage, good attacking stats, and Motor Drive to boost its Speed, Electivire makes an effective mixed sweeper. Electivire's effectiveness hinges on getting a Motor Drive boost, so using a Pokémon like Gyarados or Vaporeon to lure in Electric attacks will be necessary. With a Speed boost, Electivire will have the Speed, coverage, and power to eliminate most Pokémon it will encounter in OU play, including many of the counters to the more popular physical Electivire.

Thunderbolt might be coming off of Electivire's lower Special Attack score, but its base power is significantly higher and can do significant damage to many of physical Electivire's counters. Flamethrower serves a similar purpose, dealing heavy damage to the likes of Metagross, Bronzong, Magnezone, and Celebi, while OHKOing Scizor, Forretress, and Tangrowth. Hidden Power Ice is mainly for Gliscor, Dragonite, and Salamence, but Hidden Power Grass is an option to hit Swampert and Rhyperior. Cross Chop allows Electivire to beat what its special attacks cannot, most notably Blissey, Snorlax, and Tyranitar. Only Snorlax has a chance of surviving two hits, but Stealth Rock or sandstorm damage will mean that it is always 2HKOed.

Expert Belt is the preferred item on this set, but Life Orb works in its place. The extra power can help, but Expert Belt is usually a better option since Electivire will be worn down easily by Life Orb recoil, and the potential for Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage means that Electivire won't last very long. The EVs allow Electivire to always 2HKO max HP / max Def Blissey, almost always 2HKO standard CurseLax, and always OHKO standard CBTar with Cross Chop. Electivire gets 281 Speed, allowing it to outspeed Timid Choice Scarf Heatran after a Motor Drive boost (though it must be weakened significantly or Cross Chop will not KO). It also outruns neutral Speed natured Lucario, Impish Gliscor, and most MixMence before a Motor Drive boost so that Electivire can knock both of them out.

Thanks for the suggestion Snorlaxxz, I just changed Celebi to Gyarados so this is a Electrivire is a good counter for other electric pokemons and physical/specials walls for me to handle:)

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, thanks, hope I helped! :)

Oh, and just pointing out that you MIGHT want Ice Fang over Taunt for Gyarados, because bulky Grass types (hey there Celebi!) could give you problems otherwise. Although, Infernape laughs to Celebi's face, so I suppose it isnt really that big of a problem for you.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
~ Thunderbolt
~ Flamethrower
~ Cross Chop

you don't need to plagiarize

using shoddy's pokedex =/= example
if he wanted to do so, he could have done it himself.

your plagiarizing is getting annoying throughout the RMTs, I've already seen four or five from you -_-;

Okay, thanks, hope I helped! :)

Oh, and just pointing out that you MIGHT want Ice Fang over Taunt for Gyarados, because bulky Grass types (hey there Celebi!) could give you problems otherwise. Although, Infernape laughs to Celebi's face, so I suppose it isnt really that big of a problem for you.
I think Taunt is better for Gyarados than Ice Fang, in case Pseudo-Hazers like Weezing haze my Dragon Dance stat off, or Roarers like Suicine and Swamperts from roaring me. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)