ORAS OU Balanced team? I think?

Hi, so I am very new at this competitive battling thing, and up until about a year ago, I found moves like Taunt completely useless and non-damaging moves not worth my time. But I didn't really start to build any teams yet, but when I did at the start of this year, I tried it on Pokemon Showdown and it was a disaster. Here is my seventh? Maybe? Attempt at making a team, and this one actually went okay on Pokemon Showdown, winning half the battles and coming pretty close most of the other times.
I would like some feedback on the overall condition of my team, thanks!

I didn't really base this team on any particular Pokemon, just constantly getting rid of Pokemon to improve. Also forgive me if I use the wrong terminology.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
Roserade is pretty much always my lead, and I try to get two Toxic Spikes in so all the opponent's Pokemon end up badly poisoned. If I can get my Toxic Spikes in, I will usually switch out, or Sludge Bomb or Energy Ball if they're not resistant against Grass or Poison, which will usually be a 2HKO.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Power Up Punch
Lopunny is my main sweeper, with superior speed and attack. With Scrappy, it can hit Pokemon such as Gengar, and Return will OHKO anything that doesn't resist it. For some reason, I am paranoid of High Jump Kick, even though it is only 5 accuracy lower. Ice Punch is useful to hit Flying-types, and other threats such as Garchomp.

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronise
EVs: 252 SpA / 248 Spe / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
Gardevoir is another useful sweeper, and it is useful to counter Dragon threats and Poison threats. Focus Blast is also able to check threats such as Weavile and Tyranitar. Taunt is able to shut down
Chansey and others.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronise
EVs: 252 SpD / 128 Def / 120 HP / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dark Pulse
Umbreon is able to stall effectively, and heal status conditions of the team in the process. I didn't choose Wish as I forgot to breed it in ORAS, even though I bred Aqua Jet and Belly Drum onto my Azumarill. Figures. I chose Dark Pulse as I had some bad experiences with Rocky Helmets and Rough Skins in the past. The Toxic Spikes from Roserade is also Umbreon's way of 'dealing damage' without taking up a slot for Toxic.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
Azumarill, if able to be set up, is an incredibly annoying sweeper for most teams, with Play Rough for Dragon types and Aqua Jet for anything that doesn't resist it. Knock Off also reliably gets rid of the item, if it isn't an OHKO first.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
With the Choice Scarf, Magnezone is able to reliably outspeed most things, and it is also a check for Fairy-types such as Clefable and Mega Gardevoir. Thunderbolt is able to counter Mega Slowbro, and Volt Switch is for them situations. Hidden Power is also able to counter annoying Pokemon such as Klefki, Skarmory and Scizor.

I'm really not sure about this team, even though it seems to be doing much better than my other teams. The main problem I seem to face is setting up the Toxic Spikes, so I was wondering if there are better alternatives. Also, how do I get pictures up?

Thanks for any feedback, I really appreciate anything!

Since Choice Specs locks Gardevoir into one move, I suggest replacing Taunt with Shadow Ball, Choice Specs with Choice Scarf, and Modest Nature with Timid Nature to be able to outspeed Weavile and Choice Scarf Tyranitar. If you want to set up at least a layer of Toxic Spikes with Roserade, try using this set:

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Focus Sash, in conjunction with Sleep Powder, guarantee that at least one layer of Toxic Spikes will be set. In case the opponent has a poison type, setting up Spikes is an alternative. If you want a faster lead, try using Scolipede instead of Roserade?

Scolipeded @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect / Megahorn
- Endeavor
- Spikes

If you need help building teams or finding a moveset for a Pokemon, use this link http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-learning-new-metagames.3558515/#post-6567807.

I definitley recommend Scolipede or even Forretress as a tspikes lead. Sturdy/Sash is always great as well. You could run foree w/ a custap berry and get off a spin or explosion last minute.

Another thing you can do if you're feeling fresh is run ice beam over ice punch on mega Lopunny, people tend to switch in landorus afor the intimidate and rockyhelmetchomp for chip damage, this is a good way to catch them off guard.

Not mandatory but I would switch Gardevoirs and Magnezones items, Specs zone hits so damn hard, and Gardevoir is in need of speed to outrun fast dragons in the tier, as well as weavile.
I would also exchange taunt for healing wish On Garde, to add longevity to your mega.

another completely optional thing is to make Umbreon fully physically defensive, and switch Moonlight to Wish, so as to wish pass to team mates. Another option, if you truly feel you need a special wall, is always chansey*gags*, Plus it gets T wave and Stealth Rocks :]
Happy laddering! I love your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)