Basic Beatdown

Hey people, nothing too fancy here to be honest. I've recently been using this team in UU, and it was doing great up until Staraptor got banned. It's not that it doesn't work, but I went for a long time without playing, and have come to realize that Hail teams got really popular, which mine has a bit of trouble with. Basically, I've replaced Staraptor with a Swellow. Obviously it's weaker, but actually not my much with such a powerful Facade, and its incredible speed is very handy too. So, as you may have guessed from the title, with this team I try to throw out some quick hazards, and then crush the opponent with really fast/powerful Pokemon using fighting and flying attacks. Here it goes!

Heffalump (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Donphan's not technically my lead, but he's normally in the first slot. His job is to set up Stealth Rock and spin away SR on my side of the field, which my team hates. Stealth Rock is the most crucial entry hazard, since many Pokemon in UU are weak to it. Earthquake is his only attacking option, but that's fine since it's a powerful attack coming from Donphans high attack stat, even when uninvested. Toxic allows me to cripple common switchins like Mismagius, Hitmontop and Dusclops on the switchin. Rapid Spin is crucial for this team, since half the team is weak to SR.

DaWhiteWitch (Froslass) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Def / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Ice Beam

so Froslass is the second part of my defensive combo. I used bulky Froslass back in 4th gen (thanks Heysup) and it fits me like a second skin. She really can be deceptively bulky. Taunt is great, coming off here high speed, and allows Froslass to be somewhat of a Stallbreaker. Spikes allow me to gain some imporant KOs with the powerful attacks on my team, while Pain Split acts as a semi-reliable recovery. Ice Beam is here reliable STAB, sort of like Donphan. It lets me revenge stuff like Flygon and Rhyperior, and thanks to the EVs, lets me outspeed all positive natured base 100s. She's also my spin-blocker.

ChubbyThighs (Medicham) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Now this. This is power. Medicham has one of the highest attack stats in the game, and when coupled with on of the most powerful attacks in the game, the result is carnage. Medicham is the main wall-breaker on my team: nothing except Ghosts can reliably switch in, and Zen Headbutt deals good damage to them too. It's not fast, but it can outspeed the majority of walls. HJK is an incredible attack, being 'Chams greatest 5th gen addition. Zen Headbutt is a secondary STAB that lets me hit Ghosts. Ice Punch deals with stuff that resists my STAB, like Celebi, although it doesn't do much to the bulky psychics. Drain Punch actually isn't a filler option. It's a nasty surprise to stuff like chansey who try to Protect a HJK, recovering all of Medichams health against the fat normal types. It's also spammable, in case I don't want to risk the 10% miss chance of HJK.

All'sSwell (Swellow) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Swellow has taken the place of Staraptor. While not as immediately threatening, it's an excellent late-game cleaner, once Rocks and Steels have been eliminated. Brave Bird has great coverage in UU, as well as a high BP, but Facade is the move that Swellow is defined by. A ridiculous 140 BP after being poisoned, it can really crush any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. U-turn racks up some damage early game along with spikes, while Pursuit is there for want of a better option... I suppose it can help against Mismagius that try to flee from a Brave Bird, but I think I've only used it once.

TheBadGuy (Honchkrow) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Heat Wave

Honchkrow truly is an invaluable member of my team. It's incredibly versatile, with great STABs, not to mention stats. Brave bird is once again a high power STAB move that can easily be spammed. Sucker Punch kills off the fast and frail Pokemon, while Superpower gives me perfect coverage, and is another high power attack that Honchkrow can abuse. Heat Wave is for stuff like Steelix and the surprisingly common Ferroseed. Escavalier also get destroyed by it, but I sometimes flit between it and Roost, since instant recovery is very nice for Honchkrow.

MrHorny (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge

Heracross rounds out the team, being a very good revenge-killer. The ability to sweep with one his his STABs at the end of the match while outspeeding loads of stuff is invaluable. It's also a great answer to Chansey, and if it get toxiced, it's often gg. Close combat is the spammable STAB (I've been saying that a lot, sorry) while Megahorn kills the bulky psychic types like Deoxys, not to mention Celebi. Night Slash is only for Mismagius, but it works all the time, so I'm not changing that. Stone Edge hits Pokemon that resist his STAB.

I know this team has very little type synergy, but it does what it does: ends games as fast as possible. Overall, Swellow seems to be the weak link, so I'd like to replace it if possible. Bulky Pokemon that i don't have a super effective attack for can be troublesome, like Milotic. I've been considering a setup sweeper, most likely NP Celebi over Swellow. Any help is much appreciated, so thanks in advance! :)

"it does what it does: ends games as fast as possible." you say this but you dont have 1 special atker this team can get walled and stalled really easily by the likes of milotic with miracle scale,slowbro, (heracross dies) so i dont understand why you dont have a spatker 0-o

and secondly hazards are cool and all but if your gonna get that manyup have a phazer on your team so you can just cycle through the opponents teams getting free damage try dragon tail milotic

you know, dragon tail milotic sounds interesting. I'll certainly test it after NP Celebi, who is actually doing great, since it can always beat milotic and slowbro.

however, special attackers aren't mandatory on a team, particularly because of Chansey. also, regarding milotic, it is easily killed by HJK from medicham, and takes big damage from heracross and honchkrow. slowbro is annoying though.

ran some cals and miracle scale milotic takes 55%-65% hp damage every hi jump kick even with choice band sooo...thats good enoy=ugh to recover stall you till u eventually miss one seeing how unless u hit max every turn and he recorvers it still be at most a 5hko and hi jump kick could miss in those turns. other than that i disagree as hunkrow and heracross wont do jack shit to miracle scal milotic and it will just toxic stall u to death...celebii s a liable choice but has alot of weakness including a x4 from bug which is getting more popular and try running something electric such as specs raikou or galvantula

...options and gl (it seems no one rates teams anymore D:)

Hi, this seems like a pretty effective offensive team, but there are a few suggestions I'd like to make.

First of all, it seems you are employing a "Double Bird" offense right now which is surprisingly effective right now in UU. You have Swellow, which is great, but Honchkrow isn't the best candidate for the second. Quite frankly it's too slow, and mostly focuses on being a wall breaker, which you have Medicham for anyway. I'd suggest replacing Honchkrow for a Crobat. Crobat and Swellow have similar counters so Crobat can come in first, roughen up these said counters, and then bring out Swellow for it to do it's sweeping. Honchkrow, as previously stated, is too slow and Crobat is already fast enough so Sucker Punch isn't needed as much.

You should also replace Froslass, as it only increases your Rock weakness and you already have Fighting covered by Crobat and Heracross. Your team doesn't particularly need spikes as it just slows your momentum down. I sugest something that can easily deal with Steels, Electric, and Rocks- a good candidate would be Gastrodon Although it may not be as offensive as your other team members, It can take Thunder Waves and Seismic Tosses from Registeel, and can take on Rock types such as Rhyperior. It also provides amazing synergy with flying types as it resists Rock, has an immunity to electric, and is neutral to Ice, while Grass is not problem for Crobat, Swellow, and Heracross.

However, if you insist on keeping Frolass, you can also replace Medicham as they are both serving as stall breakers (albeit with different ways) If you do this, I would suggest Substitute over Taunt because it works better with Pain Split

The last suggestion I would make is to replace Toxic with Assurance on Donphan. Your team needs Stealth Rock gone to function and if you mis-predict with toxic you will not be able to spin them away. Even if it remains at 50 base Power it will always break 4HP Mismagius' substitutes (48-58%) Once it sees assurance, you can always switch in Swellow to OHKO with Brave Bird on a Nasty Plot / Calm Mind / Shadow Ball even if guts hasn't activated.

Good Luck with the team!

I really am a sucker for beatdown teams. I like that most of your team is weak to SR, and you use donphan to remedy that. But my problems with the team are that if you don't spin away the stealth rocks, or your donphan dies too early, your screwed. Also half your team is weak to the rock type AND you have no special attacker. Rating:5/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)