Battle of the Week: UU Edition! (Resumes after SPL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
won 2-1, ggs

game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-282966370
This was pretty straightforward. The game was mostly just me clicking strong attacks such as Specs Kyurem Ice Beam and Sky Plate Brave Bird. There wasn't too much to stand up to those attacks and once the walls were broken, Trick Room Reuniclus pretty much clinched the game. Even if some things were different, matchup was pretty nice for me since I still had Tailwind + Ursaring in the back since with the tspike up, ursaring starts out with guts.

game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-282969626
I brought a semi-rain team but unfortunately, Abomasnow was waiting on the other side of the field when I loaded in. I nab a nice kill on Salamence with Technician HP Ice early on which helped me out. I should've Scalded on turn 7, trying to cripple the Empoleon who is a massive pain for the team but I thought that Kingdra was strong (my mistake). Scyther goes down to a crit which I'm 90% sure mattered and that let me beat his Entei with Pert a little bit later on. I miss Focus Blast which was eh but ultimately I think Rocks were a weird play there to begin with as nothing took a scald well. I really just didn't play the endgame very well and eliminated my own chance of winning more or less.

game 3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-282973226
Psychotic finally caught on and brought webs because hazard removal is for losers. Luckily, I kill Galv early on which probably would've overwhelmed Florges with support from Salamence had it not died so early. Unfortunately, webs still went up which would prove to be a problem for the rest of the match, pretty much eliminating the usefulness of Chandelure. I still figured he was defensive Aggron at this point, (should've known I WAS playing psychotic after all) so I sack Qwil to set up a spike which would help out a lot deterring a Puff sweep. Turn 11 I Calm Mind because if he sacked something to Moonblast I lost to Slurpuff. Calm Minding stops him from Drumming after the sack, letting me stay alive. Offensive Aggron shows up and murders my Sceptile and Polishes on my Close Combat. Again I can't really use Hydreigon to revenge because of Slurpuff so I have to sack Chandelure to regain my defenses so I can live EQ with Shuca Berry. I got rocks up as he polished so now I get to at least play for a roll with Florges' Moonblast, which I get, all but sealing the win for me. Probably the best game of the series since RP PuP Maggron really caught me off guard.

Congrats to YABO for winning week 2 of BOTW. Week 2 begins now. Pick 3 people you want to see battle the most. Refer to the OP to see who has played so you do not nominate them.

Noms = IronBullet | Hogg | DaSpoofy
Edit : I wanna nom Euphonos / Clarion too D:
Edit 2: Do not vote for anyone remaining in the UU Open

Last edited:
Reactions: nv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)