1. The moderators of this forum are cant say, Hulavuta, and DragonWhale.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Resource Battle Spot Singles Role Compendium

Discussion in 'Battle Spot Singles' started by dogknees, Apr 19, 2017.

1. dogknees

dogknees

More changes!
    • Added Mega Blaziken to viable meas, Mega Skeptile to unvibale / gimmicky, Mega Swampert to niche
    • Mega Swampert added under rain
    • Mega Blaziken added to physical wallbreakers / mixed wallbreakers / SD sweepers
    Not 100% sure about adding mega Blaziken to baton pass / mixed wallbreakers, so feel free to let me know your thoughts!
  2. Jhon

Jhon Someday in the Rain
    is a Pre-Contributor
    BSS Tour Champion

Speed passing M-Blaziken is really good, not as a dedicated passer, but just as 3rd slot while packing HJK and Blitz.
    I wouldn't consider M-Blaziken a wallbreaker these days, defensive teams are usually carrying at least one of Toxapex or (M-)Slowbro. Even Hippo and the occasional Cress on balance teams are gonna be a pain for it on that front.
    M-Hera should certainly be considered a Wallbreaker and Setup Sweeper (SD), it's pretty fantastic as a TR abuser too.
    Something I think solerme brought up a while back, M-Aerodactyl being placed in niche, it very much is a real pick for certain stall teams. Handling M-Gengar, Charizard-X/Y and even NP Thundurus-T is pretty nice.
    dogknees and Chrono Prodigy like this.
  3. dogknees

dogknees

Changes!
    • Mega-Heracross added to TR Abusers, Wallbreaker and Setup sweeper (SD)
    • Mega-Aerodactly moves to Niche megas
    Needs discussion;
    • Mega-Blaziken out of wallbreakers. Not sure what I think about this, since regular blaziken is there as well. While regular blaziken breaks much easier with the assistance of z moves or a life orb, i don't think the gap in wallbreaking capacity between blaziken and mega blaziken is too large. Imo, it's either both are there or both aren't there
  4. NOVED

NOVED twitch.tv/novedpoke
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I would say Mega Blaziken def classifies as a wallbreaker. SD and its stab combination is really hard to wall unless your name is Fini, Slowbro, or Toxapex. It does really well vs other common walls like P2 and Celesteela. If we're considering LO Blaz a wallbreaker, I think mega certainly fits the bill too.

Also think putting Hera in set up sweepers is a bit off. SD is super uncommon and not anything people should try to play around in battle imo, unless it's revealed. Even if you do run SD its more for wallbreaking anyway cause hera is too slow to sweep teams, and you're usually not SDing under TR cause it wastes turns + you're probably killing everything already without an SD.
  5. Jhon

Jhon Someday in the Rain
    is a Pre-Contributor
    BSS Tour Champion

From my perspective regular Blaziken can wall break through either SD with burst damage (z-move) or by being mixed and generally hitting relevant targets on both sides. Mega can't do mixed well and the SD set does damage, but struggles if it's not dropping Protect for a 3rd attack.
  6. Doobzi

Doobzi
    BSS Tour Champion

I think now that entei has a viability rankings, it deserves to be an AV user, that's what I've run and seen. Further, mega manectric and mega tyrantiar perhaps deserve a spot in niche megas?
    dogknees likes this.
  7. dogknees

dogknees

Minor changes
    • Added Mega-Gardevoir, Mega-Tyranitar, Mega Manectric to Niche megas
    • Added Mega-Lopunny, Mega-Galade to Gimmicky / Nonviable megas
    • Added Mega-Gardevoir to Special Wallbreakers, Mega-Tyranitar to Physical Wallbreakers
    • Added Mega-Manectric to Special Pivots
    I want to remove some stuff, eg stuff that is dead like xurkitree. Thoughts?
    Also feel free to give your opinions on the newly placed megas
  8. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

Too early to say for sure, but I'm pretty confident M-Lop will be better than "gimmick/non-viable"

M-Altaria will be niche as well. Amazing check to things like Mega Blaziken, Mega Zard Y, Mega Gyara, and Volcarona
    dogknees likes this.
  9. dogknees

dogknees

Yeah because It's early I've put lop in unviable since it hasn't had anywhere near enough time in the meta to accurately tell. As for Mega-Alt, I'll add it in when it's released as niche right off the bat since it's lowkey a decent counter to zard y, zard x, blaziken, the stuff you mentioned, etc. Can't wait till that mon adapts

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)