Battle Subway Doubles

This is my first BS team. I've played through the regular doubles and went through those three trains easily, and I've gone through the first two trains of super doubles without too much of aproble, but this is where it gets hard, so I decided to come and look for help. Here's my team.

Rhyperior @Choice Band/Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Def
Nature: Adamant (+atk/-sp.atk)
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Hammer Arm/Payback

RHYPERIOR OHKOS SHIT WITH CB ROCK WRECKER LOL!
Hah, no, just kidding. Anyway:
Ok, first off, I have Lightningrod, because it works well with my next poke (although not so well with my last...). I've been switching the items around a lot. Life Orb works well, but takes away his bulkiness, Leftovers adds to his bulk, but he wasn't doing quite enough damage. Choice Band has worked well, but then that gives me two CB Ground types, so I don't know, what do you think? Lastly, I've been switching between Payback and Hammer Arm (my heart scales are slowly disappearing). I'm leaning towards Payback, as I have no other Dark moves, and Rhype's so slow, it's usually just as powerful as Hammer Arm and more accurate.

Gyarados @Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 Hp
Nature: Jolly (+spe/-sp.atk)
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Protect
-Ice Fang/Stone Edge
Has amazing synergy with Rhyperior; he's immune to EQ, ad Rhype's Lightningrod takes away Gyara's main weakness. Pretty basic, sets up one or two DD's and proceeds to rape. Protect is for if all I have left is this and my last poke. I was running Ice Fang, now I have Stone Edge, both are kind of redundant... I may go back to Ice Fang.

Mamoswine @Choice Band
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Avalanche

I'm sorry, I have to finish this in the next post. I'm on a mobile and I have a character limit -_- sorry.

Ok, sorry about having to split the post.

So, Mamoswine. At first, he may seem redundant sharing two moves, a type, and possibly an item with Rhyperior. However, he provides two important things: much needed ice attacks, and an immunity to electric without having Lightningrod (to go with my last poke). That's pretty much all there is to him; he has STAB CB Ice Shard and EQ, and he goes with my last poke.

Eelektross @Expert Belt/Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp, 132 S.atk, 120 Atk
Nature: Mild (+s.atk/-def)
-Discharge
-Flamethrower
-Brick Break
-Dragon Claw
Very important, rounds out my coverage. Discharge doesn't work with Rhype, but that's really the only problem. I went with -def over -s.def because I have Intimidate on Gyara. I like Expert Belt, 'cause he has awesom coverage, and unique-to-my-team moves, so he'll be hitting SE a lot; but I did use lefties once. Goes best with Mamoswine.

Well, there you go. Any suggestions are appreciated, specifically on the stuff with /s. Thanks!

this team seems to be pretty slow other than Gyarados and doesn't have any walls. I recomend you try a trick room team and replace gyrados with bronzong which can set up trick room and still avoid an earthquake from rypherior and you can take off lightning rod for electross. Use hammer arm over payback ( for trick room) and either choice band or life orb on rypherior.Mammoswine does seem a bit redundent and you can exchange it for something a bit slower that can learn ice moves (can't think of any off the top of my head at the moment) Keep expert belt on Electross

Yeah! my first smogon post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)