Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Hey everyone, I just beat the game, and managed to get to 39 in the super singles with a team with absolutely no synergy (Nihilego, Lele and Ash-Greninja) before being demolished by a mega alakazam that traced Nihilego's beast boost. I was wondering if anyone here had a sugestion of a good partner for Mega Salamence and Tapu Lele on super singles? I thought of Bisharp, but sadly it's not avaliable before the bank. Maybe Scizor could work?
My Mence is Jolly with 252 ATK and SPD and I plan on running Roost, EQ, Return and DD, while the Lele is Timid 252/252, would probably wear a scarf and the moveset would be with Psychic, Shadow Ball, Moonblast and Psyshock (not so sure on this last one). I'm also open to suggestions on their moveset, though Lele lacks any relevant HP type.

But it's Shadowmere...

Auuugh! I'm really mad at super multis right now. I got to 28 and a damn barbaracle with DTeam RNG'd the hell out of me and Colress. I kinda want to see if I can get the guy to have M-Meta and something that isn't weak to ground, but I'm kinda scared to search.

Yeah been to 46 in super multi and it sucks

Hey, had to dig through the thread to find this again- any way it could get added to the OP for team-planning purposes?
Speed Tiers from turskain:
http://pastebin.com/0QBULpdW

I've been trying to figure out a way to use a Volt-Turn team with Timid LOPhero as the lead and Scarf Xurk to clean up. Considering all of the crap they like to throw out there, I figure quick kills are the way to go. I know that traditionally debuffs have been popular, especially Entrainment Truant Durant, but a strat like that makes my eyes glaze over, so I want to try to make this work at least well enough to get to 50 or 100. So far I've made it up to high 30s/low 40s relatively often, but I don't have a good third member to get me over the hump.

Just because of what I caught/bred to now, I've been using it with CM M-Sable, but I just got full swept by the notorious Scarf Eruption Typhlosion. I couldn't status it with Sable and I couldn't quite PP stall it with recover either, so I was pretty screwed. Out of what I have now, I could swap in NP M-Luke, though it's pretty fragile and stacks ground weakness with Xurk and Fire with Phero. I'm thinking M-Kanga would be pretty reasonable in terms of available megas, with Fake Out getting the revenge on Scarfphlosion, but then I don't have anything with recovery or defensive pumps. M-Slowbro seems maybe reasonable, but it doesn't have priority, which is a bit worrisome.

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Beast Boost
Naive 252 Att/Spe 4 Def
U-Turn
Poison Jab
High Jump Kick
Ice Beam

Naive for the mixed set and also because I'll probably use it for Wi-Fi at some point. HJK's accuracy bites you in the ass some times, but the things you use it on are usually not that big of a threat anyway- the only thing M-Sableye can't set up on usually is Fairies, so if I lose Pheromosa early I just take the chance to max out on Calm Mind. It can often clear an entire team in three rounds, which is the best justification for using it IMO. STAB U-turn softens things up enough for Xurkitree to finish them off if I don't want to try to clear everything at once. Beast Boost pumps speed, which is kind of a waste for the most part, but there are a handful of things that the current iteration of this team can only handle if I have the boost.

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Beast Boost
Modest 252 SpA/Spe 4 HP
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Energy Ball
HP Water

Modest versus Timid only misses out on a small handful of matchups, and the majority of those are things that Pheromosa has no trouble dealing with. All of these moves have 100% accuracy, thankfully. Without a boosting item, Xurkitree isn't likely to get OHKOs on things unless they are weak to electric. Fortunately, when Pheromosa U-turns out of fliers it usually leads to Xurkitree taking a resisted Aerial Ace or Air Slash, which gives it a chance to set up Beast Boost. After Beast Boost, pretty much anything but ground-types is going to have a bad time. Most things that are bulky enough to take a hit won't be able to KO back, and after the scarf very few things are going to go first. Unlike Pheromosa, Xurkitree doesn't really fear priority moves, so it can be switched in on predicted aqua jets and the like.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Prankster (Magic Bounce)
Bold 252 HP/Def 4 SpD
Dark Pulse
Calm Mind
Recover
Will-O-Wisp

Having only one weakness is really nice, but this has some pretty bad anti-synergy with the fast VoltTurn. Before Mega, Sableye doesn't really take hits all that well, and with the change to when Mega happens, Prankster is very situational. Magic Bounce preventing Status moves is VERY nice though, and getting set up is honestly pretty easy. Having a typing with three immunities can get it in pretty often, mostly through U-turns out of psychic moves. The big problem is that most of the things that the other two fear have status moves, and not having Magic Bounce when it comes in means that it much prefers to have a teammate die before it starts doing its thing. I think this set has a place in the Tree, but probably with a slow Parting Shot/Baton Pass user instead of a fast VoltTurn pairing.

Poison Jab on Pheromosa maybe ought to be swapped out for something else- it can beat half the Sylveon and Comfey sets and all of the Gardevoir sets, but three of the four Florges sets survive it, as does every Aromatisse and Primarina. Alola Ninetales takes more from HJK and neither set is reliably OHKO'd by Jab. Whimsicott/Ribombee/Shiinotic justify it somewhat, however. I've also been thinking about a Band set after seeing how many things only barely survive the LO set, but being stuck with two fragile choice item users sounds like a pretty bad time, and considering how often Phero runs into things that resist both STABs not being able to click U-turn whenever I want scares me.

HP Water vs the other options I'll have to run some calcs on. The list of Pokemon it matters on is pretty slim (grounds that are neutral to grass plus Magcargo and Lightning Rod Alolan Marowak). It might be worth it to swap it for Dazzling Gleam, but the super-effective coverage for Gleam is relatively lacking- Dark/Dragon/Fighting is pretty well covered by Pheromosa already, and things that are neutral to electric should be finished with Thunderbolt anyway to keep you locked onto a more powerful move. There really aren't any other options- the only other special moves in its pool that aren't strictly outclassed are Hyper Beam, Signal Beam, Shock Wave, or Charge Beam, which are all obviously pretty bad.

Scarf Timid Xurk gets to 222, but I've been using Modest which gets 202. I have both of them, though I need to get them to 100 to bottle cap them for the ideal stats. Modest ties Aero-3. The only things between the two benchmarks that Phero won't get are M-Beedrill, Pinsir, and Accelegor

Phero is 223, so the only sets it loses to Speed-wise are the 11 fastest sets in the tree:
  1. 300 Aerodactyl-1? Rock Slide
  2. 258 Manectric-4 Switcheroo/Volt Switch/Thunder/Overheat
  3. 253 Garchomp-3 Outrage/EQ/Fire Fang/Crunch
  4. 250 Entei-3 Eruption/Fire Blast/Extrasensory/Solarbeam
  5. 240 Terrakion-2 Sacred Sword/EQ/Aerial Ace/Focus Blast
  6. 229 Landorus-2 Earth Power/Extrasensory/Focus Blast/Grass Knot
  7. 228 Staraptor-2 Pursuit/Close Combat/Brave Bird/Final Gambit
  8. 228 Typhlosion-3 Eruption/Focus Blast/Flamethrower/Extrasensory
  9. 226 Wash Rotom-2 Trick/TWave/Discharge/Hydro Pump
  10. 226 Fan Rotom-4 Air Slash/Thunder/Dark Pulse/Trick
  11. 225 Pinsir-4 X-Scissor/EQ/Close Combat/Guillotine
I'm not actually sure what's up with the Aero set, because the only listed move is Rock Slide (???), so I'm pretty sure outside of really bad flinch hax it shouldn't ever win, and it probably only shows up in the first x battles or so.

All of those are obv scarved, so the key is to make sure that whatever I switch to resists the moves they are using or at the least can recover the damage from them consistently. Pheromosa should draw a fire, flying, or psychic move from all but Aero-1, Wash Rotom, and Pinsir. Pinsir is going to suck no matter what I do since it has an OHKO move and probably can't get KO'd by any priority move other than, ironically, M-pinsir. I can disregard Fan-Rotom and Staraptor-2 probably, since Xurk should beat them both even if slower, though having a fighting resist in case it comes out when Xurk is in would probably be smart. Everything outside of Entei/Typlosion, Pinsir and Staraptor should be decently easy to set up on, since they'll be using weak and/or non-STAB attacks

Based on all of that, what do you guys thing would be a good 3rd? Drizzle U-Turn Pelipper seems like a pretty good choice, since Thunder over Tbolt should net a decent number of kills for Xurk and the rain negates the Scarf Eruption sets pretty well, but I might get screwed by random Swift Swimmers. I wanted to use an Eeveelution for something, but honestly without tutor moves most of the good sets don't work- no heal bell for any of them, no foul play for Umbreon, no Hyper Voice for Sylveon, etc. Tapu Koko would be another pretty good choice, but I have been holding off on catching mine because I don't want to pick one nature and then find out that it isn't competitively viable- unlike the UBs, the Tapus all could potentially run more than two sets. M-Slowbro could definitely tank the moves Phero draws, but it's left with rest to beat status, which is less than optimal, and Rotom Wash ends up scarier than it ought to be.

I'm alternating between breeding, level grinding, and climbing the tree right now, so ideas for what I should work towards next would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Apologies for my noobie question: I've seen a few Super Singles teams with Dragonite and Tapu Fini in this thread, doesn't Misty Terrain cut Dragonite's Outrage damage in half? Or did I misunderstand the ability text?

Apologies for my noobie question: I've seen a few Super Singles teams with Dragonite and Tapu Fini in this thread, doesn't Misty Terrain cut Dragonite's Outrage damage in half? Or did I misunderstand the ability text?
Yup, it does cut the damage received for grounded targets.

I guess the point is not sending Dragonite while Misty Terrain is out.

I'd personally use another Dragon like Garchomp if it's that important, because at least it has a usable STAB vs grounded Targets even under Misty Terrain.

Last edited:
In order to change their mons, you have to scout them again in either super singles or doubles, you will always get 2 random mons that they were using when you faced them, so if you want M-Metagross colress you HAVE to scout him in a battle in which he used it against you, also on a side note I have 10x streak on super multis w/ colress as my partern, M-Metagross, Alolan Muk2 ftw
What I meant was, if I could manually change out my partners Pokemon mid battle in the same way as I am aloud to switch out mid battle.
Say I have Mega Gyarados and the opponent has an electric or grass type as an example, I want to switch out to something that can take that damage.

With my partner, when i see a fire type like Arcanine in the lead, I want to be able to remove Colress' lead M-Metagross, so what ever his second Pokemon is will take the fire attack instead. And in the case of Inferno Overdrive, that wastes of the opponents Z-move for the match, meaning I don't have to worry about that again.

Now then what i'm also wondering is, if anyone has a good Marowak set i could use. I want this to be a partner for Mega Gyarados as I think the two have quite nice synergy together, covering each others weaknesses.
currently i'm thinking a set like this:

A-Marowak
Item: Thick Club.
Nature: Adamant.
Ability: Lightning rod.
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed.
Moves:
-Shadow Bone
-Flare Blitz
-Bonemerang (preferable in doubles. Earthquake hits your partner)
-Protect

Not too sure on the ev's though. Pehaps you guys can give me some idea of where to go with this. Without super training i'm gonna struggle to get those specific numbers, besides the max 252 and the odd 4. anything under 100 is manageable with vitamins, but i don't have have very good tents in my festival plaza. best i have is a 3 star HP-Speed tent. Been going through the Uncharted territory thread though, and all the move sets for Marowak are for battle spot ect, but I want a set that's Just for the battle tree. I might make a set for competitive battles in the new year when we get Pokebank though, but i'm just working with what the game has atm.

What I meant was, if I could manually change out my partners Pokemon mid battle in the same way as I am aloud to switch out mid battle.
Say I have Mega Gyarados and the opponent has an electric or grass type as an example, I want to switch out to something that can take that damage.

With my partner, when i see a fire type like Arcanine in the lead, I want to be able to remove Colress' lead M-Metagross, so what ever his second Pokemon is will take the fire attack instead. And in the case of Inferno Overdrive, that wastes of the opponents Z-move for the match, meaning I don't have to worry about that again.

Now then what i'm also wondering is, if anyone has a good Marowak set i could use. I want this to be a partner for Mega Gyarados as I think the two have quite nice synergy together, covering each others weaknesses.
currently i'm thinking a set like this:

A-Marowak
Item: Thick Club.
Ability: Lightning rod.
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed.
Moves:
-Shadow Bone
-Flare Blitz
-Bonemerang (preferable in doubles. Earthquake hits your partner)
-Protect

Not too sure on the ev's though. Pehaps you guys can give me some idea of where to go with this. Without super training i'm gonna struggle to get those specific numbers, besides the max 252 and the odd 4. anything under 100 is manageable with vitamins, but i don't have have very good tents in my festival plaza. best i have is a 3 star HP-Speed tent. Been going through the Uncharted territory thread though, and all the move sets for Marowak are for battle spot ect, but I want a set that's Just for the battle tree. I might make a set for competitive battles in the new year when we get Pokebank though, but i'm just working with what the game has atm.

Well, if you don´t mind wait a little, use Poké Pelago. At max level, each training session give you 4 E.V.s, so just set the number os sessions you will need, fill the box with beans and run to the sunset listening your preferred victory theme. I do this while I´m sleeping or working. It´s the easiest way to fine tunning the E.V.s in this games. And forget the E.V. tents in Festival Plaza, save your F.C.s for use at Rare Kitchen.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey, had to dig through the thread to find this again- any way it could get added to the OP for team-planning purposes?
Speed Tiers from turskain:
http://pastebin.com/0QBULpdW
Added this to the bottom of the OP. Seems like something incredibly useful to tailor EVs for if required.

On the plus side, I now have some decent natures for Ultra Beats and need to grab some of the Tapu's for good times. Will be trying a run later with some stuff, need to get the Power Items to make EV training a lot faster. I really want to try out some lulz sets and see how far I get.

NoCheese Edit: Just a note that I've moved the link a little so it aligns with the other resource links, and also switched it to turskain's update below. But thanks a bunch for getting this added!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of making a team around a Mega Sharpedo to see how far I'm going.

I have a Damp Rock Pelipper to make its Waterfall stronger, but I have doubts about the third Pokemon. I'm thinking about an Electric-type, but I'm not sure which one...

Perhaps... Thunder Z-Conversion Porygon-Z?

I am thinking of making a team around a Mega Sharpedo to see how far I'm going.

I have a Damp Rock Pelipper to make its Waterfall stronger, but I have doubts about the third Pokemon. I'm thinking about an Electric-type, but I'm not sure which one...

Perhaps... Thunder Z-Conversion Porygon-Z?
I would recommend a lightning rod user, to absorb electric attacks. Togedemaru is quite nice. its weakness to fire can be reduced in rain. also its steel typing can resist the rock types the Pelipper can't handle. Give it an Air Balloon and your good to go.
Its special attack sucks though. even with STAB Thunder in rain, unless you invest in its sp. attack.

Other options include Rhydon. Though getting a Rhyhorn can be tricky as it requires the AR Scanner atm. You'll take even more damage from water moves in the rain, but with X4 weakness to water already in the first place, any water move would OHKO it anyway.
In doubles Rhydon can fire of Earthquake attacks when Pelliper is out, for a nice little combo there.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I made a bit of a mistake with those speed tiers - I had missed Skewtr's look-up sheet entirely at the time, which included accurate speed tiers already and it's also in the OP. To use that document for speed tiers, go to the Tree Pokémon sheet and sort it by the "Speed Tier" column. Also included in this post, since the pastebin I posted was pretty bad and ought to be buried:

300 - Aerodactyl-1
258 - Manectric-4
253 - Garchomp-3
250 - Entei-3
240 - Terrakion-2
229 - Landorus (Incarnate Forme)-2
228 - Staraptor-2
228 - Typhlosion-3
226 - Rotom (Wash Rotom)-2
226 - Rotom (Fan Rotom)-4
225 - Pinsir-4
222 - Electrode-2
222 - Electrode-3
222 - Alakazam-3
222 - Electrode-4
220 - Darmanitan-4
216 - Beedrill-3
216 - Accelgor-1
216 - Accelgor-3
216 - Sceptile-4
216 - Accelgor-4
211 - Heatran-4
205 - Manectric-3
205 - Lopunny-3
205 - Lopunny-4
204 - Tsareena-4
201 - Skarmory-3
200 - Jolteon-1
200 - Crobat-1
200 - Aerodactyl-2
200 - Jolteon-2
200 - Crobat-2
200 - Jolteon-3
200 - Crobat-3
200 - Gengar-4
200 - Aerodactyl-4
200 - Jolteon-4
200 - Crobat-4
198 - Passimian-3
198 - Braviary-3
197 - Beedrill-4
197 - Accelgor-2
195 - Talonflame-1
195 - Talonflame-2
195 - Talonflame-3
194 - Weavile-1
194 - Weavile-2
194 - Weavile-3
194 - Weavile-4
193 - Ribombee-1
193 - Ribombee-2
192 - Noivern-1
191 - Greninja-2
191 - Greninja-3
190 - Pidgeot-3
189 - Sceptile-1
189 - Alakazam-1
189 - Sceptile-2
189 - Dugtrio-1
189 - Alakazam-2
189 - Sceptile-3
189 - Dugtrio-2
189 - Alakazam-4
189 - Salamence-4
187 - Hawlucha-1
187 - Hawlucha-4
185 - Salazzle-1
185 - Salazzle-2
185 - Salazzle-3
183 - Azelf-2
183 - Azelf-3
183 - Azelf-4
183 - Ambipom-1
183 - Starmie-1
183 - Ambipom-2
183 - Ambipom-3
183 - Starmie-3
183 - Absol-4
183 - Ambipom-4
183 - Houndoom-4
183 - Starmie-4
183 - Raikou-1
183 - Raikou-2
183 - Raikou-3
183 - Raikou-4
181 - Rampardos-3
180 - Lycanroc (Midday Form)-2
180 - Lucario-3
179 - Tornadus (Incarnate Forme)-1
179 - Thundurus (Incarnate Forme)-2
179 - Thundurus (Incarnate Forme)-3
179 - Tornadus (Incarnate Forme)-4
179 - Thundurus (Incarnate Forme)-4
178 - Talonflame-4
178 - Dugtrio (Alola Form)-1
178 - Froslass-1
178 - Gengar-1
178 - Espeon-1
178 - Archeops-1
178 - Tauros-2
178 - Gengar-2
178 - Espeon-2
178 - Raichu (Alola Form)-2
178 - Froslass-3
178 - Tauros-3
178 - Gengar-3
178 - Archeops-3
178 - Dugtrio (Alola Form)-2
178 - Raichu-2
178 - Froslass-4
178 - Gallade-4
178 - Espeon-4
178 - Archeops-4
178 - Metagross-4
178 - Latias-2
178 - Latios-2
178 - Latios-3
177 - Torterra-2
177 - Durant-3
177 - Durant-4
177 - Ninetales (Alola Form)-2
176 - Infernape-1
176 - Infernape-3
176 - Infernape-4
176 - Terrakion-1
176 - Virizion-1
176 - Virizion-2
176 - Cobalion-3
176 - Terrakion-3
176 - Virizion-3
176 - Cobalion-4
176 - Terrakion-4
175 - Machamp-3
175 - Noivern-2
175 - Noivern-3
175 - Noivern-4
174 - Greninja-4
173 - Pyroar-1
173 - Pyroar-2
173 - Liepard-1
173 - Liepard-4
172 - Lopunny-1
172 - Mismagius-1
172 - Zoroark-1
172 - Mienshao-1
172 - Lopunny-2
172 - Zoroark-2
172 - Mienshao-2
172 - Mismagius-3
172 - Pinsir-3
172 - Zoroark-3
172 - Mienshao-3
172 - Zoroark-4
171 - Delphox-1
171 - Delphox-3
170 - Hawlucha-3
170 - Electrode-1
170 - Aerodactyl-3
169 - Serperior-1
169 - Garchomp-1
169 - Garchomp-2
169 - Salazzle-4
168 - Pidgeot-1
168 - Whimsicott-2
168 - Landorus (Incarnate Forme)-3
167 - Comfey-3
167 - Staraptor-1
167 - Tentacruel-1
167 - Flygon-1
167 - Slaking-1
167 - Typhlosion-2
167 - Tentacruel-2
167 - Starmie-2
167 - Flygon-2
167 - Volcarona-2
167 - Slaking-2
167 - Charizard-3
167 - Kangaskhan-3
167 - Ninetales-2
167 - Flygon-3
167 - Salamence-3
167 - Charizard-4
167 - Glalie-4
167 - Staraptor-4
167 - Kangaskhan-4
167 - Slaking-4
167 - Zapdos-1
167 - Zapdos-3
165 - Durant-1
165 - Hydreigon-3
165 - Serperior-4
165 - Hydreigon-4
163 - Haxorus-1
163 - Haxorus-3
163 - Haxorus-4
162 - Togedemaru-2
162 - Togedemaru-4
162 - Raichu (Alola Form)-1
162 - Tauros-1
162 - Mimikyu-1
162 - Froslass-2
162 - Archeops-2
162 - Mimikyu-3
162 - Espeon-3
162 - Latias-3
162 - Latios-4
161 - Electivire-1
161 - Darmanitan-1
161 - Durant-2
161 - Houndoom-2
161 - Drapion-2
161 - Leafeon-2
161 - Houndoom-3
161 - Drapion-3
161 - Arcanine-3
161 - Gliscor-4
161 - Arcanine-4
159 - Oricorio (Pa'u Style)-1
159 - Oricorio (Baile Style)-1
159 - Unfezant-2
159 - Unfezant-3
158 - Pyroar-3
158 - Bruxish-3
158 - Pyroar-4
157 - Manectric-1
157 - Manectric-2
157 - Sharpedo-3
156 - Delphox-2
156 - Delphox-4
156 - Lilligant-1
156 - Kangaskhan-2
156 - Lucario-2
156 - Porygon-Z-4
156 - Moltres-3
156 - Moltres-4
152 - Comfey-2
152 - Typhlosion-1
152 - Ninetales-1
152 - Volcarona-1
152 - Charizard-2
152 - Staraptor-3
152 - Typhlosion-4
152 - Blaziken-4
152 - Medicham-4
152 - Flygon-4
152 - Entei-1
151 - Rotom (Fan Rotom)-2
150 - Kommo-o-2
150 - Hydreigon-1
150 - Sawk-3
150 - Heracross-3
150 - Articuno-3
150 - Suicune-4
149 - Infernape-2
148 - Mimikyu-4
147 - Sharpedo-1
147 - Houndoom-1
147 - Gliscor-1
147 - Leafeon-1
147 - Arcanine-1
147 - Sharpedo-2
147 - Arcanine-2
147 - Yanmega-3
147 - Sharpedo-4
147 - Yanmega-4
146 - Gyarados-3
146 - Gyarados-4
145 - Gardevoir-1
145 - Gallade-1
145 - Medicham-2
145 - Gardevoir-2
145 - Gallade-2
145 - Chandelure-2
145 - Venusaur-3
145 - Blaziken-3
145 - Medicham-3
145 - Glalie-3
145 - Altaria-3
145 - Drifblim-3
145 - Gardevoir-3
145 - Togekiss-3
144 - Ribombee-3
144 - Ribombee-4
142 - Greninja-1
142 - Kangaskhan-1
142 - Klinklang-1
142 - Lucario-1
142 - Porygon-Z-1
142 - Klinklang-2
142 - Porygon-Z-2
142 - Klinklang-3
142 - Klinklang-4
142 - Moltres-1
142 - Moltres-2
141 - Charizard-1
141 - Ninetales (Alola Form)-1
141 - Salamence-2
141 - Pidgeot-4
139 - Hydreigon-2
139 - Absol-3
138 - Hawlucha-2
138 - Haxorus-2
137 - Sawk-1
137 - Toxicroak-1
137 - Pinsir-1
137 - Sawk-2
137 - Toxicroak-2
137 - Mismagius-2
137 - Pinsir-2
137 - Heracross-2
137 - Toxicroak-3
137 - Nidoking-3
137 - Malamar-3
137 - Sawk-4
137 - Toxicroak-4
137 - Nidoking-4
137 - Articuno-4
136 - Whimsicott-1
136 - Whimsicott-3
136 - Whimsicott-4
135 - Azelf-1
134 - Skarmory-1
134 - Metagross-1
134 - Breloom-2
134 - Breloom-3
134 - Bisharp-3
133 - Gyarados-2
133 - Serperior-3
132 - Lycanroc (Midday Form)-1
132 - Medicham-1
132 - Passimian-1
132 - Mandibuzz-1
132 - Glalie-2
132 - Shiftry-2
132 - Altaria-2
132 - Drifblim-2
132 - Mandibuzz-2
132 - Braviary-2
132 - Dragonite-2
132 - Gallade-3
132 - Exploud-4
132 - Drifblim-4
132 - Passimian-4
132 - Braviary-4
132 - Togekiss-4
132 - Dragonite-4
131 - Lucario-4
131 - Thundurus (Incarnate Forme)-1
131 - Tornadus (Incarnate Forme)-2
131 - Tornadus (Incarnate Forme)-3
130 - Raichu-1
130 - Feraligatr-4
130 - Tauros-4
130 - Latias-1
130 - Latios-1
130 - Latias-4
128 - Emboar-4
128 - Pelipper-4
128 - Cobalion-1
128 - Virizion-4
127 - Beedrill-1
126 - Kingdra-1
126 - Liepard-2
126 - Liepard-3
126 - Kingdra-3
126 - Lilligant-4
126 - Kingdra-4
125 - Malamar-2
125 - Mismagius-4
125 - Mienshao-4
124 - Unfezant-1
124 - Tsareena-1
124 - Tyranitar-2
124 - Tyranitar-3
123 - Minior (Meteor Form)-3
123 - Tyrantrum-4
123 - Wailord-2
122 - Decidueye-1
122 - Clawitzer-3
122 - Decidueye-3
122 - Politoed-1
122 - Gyarados-1
122 - Skarmory-2
122 - Ludicolo-4
121 - Blaziken-1
121 - Chandelure-1
121 - Mamoswine-1
121 - Blaziken-2
121 - Scrafty-2
121 - Landorus (Incarnate Forme)-1
121 - Landorus (Incarnate Forme)-4
120 - Barbaracle-1
120 - Comfey-1
120 - Gogoat-4
120 - Comfey-4
120 - Salamence-1
120 - Tentacruel-3
120 - Volcarona-3
120 - Slaking-3
120 - Tentacruel-4
120 - Gardevoir-4
120 - Volcarona-4
120 - Regigigas-1
120 - Zapdos-2
120 - Entei-2
120 - Regigigas-3
120 - Zapdos-4
120 - Entei-4
120 - Regigigas-4
119 - Lanturn-1
119 - Feraligatr-2
119 - Serperior-2
117 - Komala-1
117 - Ursaring-2
117 - Sandslash (Alola Form)-2
116 - Togedemaru-1
116 - Togedemaru-3
116 - Mimikyu-2
115 - Uxie-1
115 - Uxie-2
115 - Electivire-2
115 - Uxie-3
115 - Electivire-3
115 - Uxie-4
115 - Drapion-1
115 - Yanmega-1
115 - Darmanitan-2
115 - Gliscor-2
115 - Yanmega-2
115 - Gliscor-3
115 - Leafeon-3
115 - Drapion-4
115 - Leafeon-4
115 - Cobalion-2
115 - Electivire-4
113 - Oricorio (Sensu Style)-1
113 - Oricorio (Pom-Pom Style)-1
113 - Unfezant-4
112 - Incineroar-1
112 - Bruxish-1
112 - Incineroar-3
112 - Bruxish-4
112 - Toucannon-2
112 - Beartic-4
112 - Garchomp-4
112 - Registeel-2
112 - Regirock-4
111 - Clawitzer-4
110 - Lilligant-2
110 - Rampardos-2
110 - Lilligant-3
110 - Porygon-Z-3
108 - Excadrill-1
108 - Pidgeot-2
108 - Excadrill-2
108 - Excadrill-3
108 - Excadrill-4
108 - Regigigas-2
106 - Rotom (Heat Rotom)-1
106 - Rotom (Mow Rotom)-1
106 - Rotom (Frost Rotom)-1
106 - Rotom (Heat Rotom)-2
106 - Rotom (Heat Rotom)-3
106 - Rotom (Wash Rotom)-3
106 - Rotom (Mow Rotom)-3
106 - Rotom (Frost Rotom)-3
106 - Rotom (Fan Rotom)-3
106 - Rotom (Heat Rotom)-4
106 - Pelipper-1
106 - Gothitelle-1
106 - Armaldo-2
106 - Marowak-2
106 - Marowak (Alola Form)-2
106 - Rotom (Wash Rotom)-4
106 - Rotom (Mow Rotom)-4
106 - Rotom (Frost Rotom)-4
105 - Kommo-o-3
105 - Kommo-o-4
105 - Nidoking-1
105 - Kingdra-2
105 - Articuno-1
105 - Suicune-1
105 - Cresselia-1
105 - Articuno-2
105 - Suicune-2
105 - Cresselia-2
105 - Suicune-3
105 - Cresselia-3
104 - Gourgeist (Average Size)-1
104 - Gourgeist (Average Size)-3
104 - Gourgeist (Average Size)-4
103 - Magmortar-1
103 - Magmortar-2
103 - Magmortar-3
103 - Darmanitan-3
103 - Magmortar-4
102 - Lycanroc (Midnight Form)-1
102 - Lycanroc (Midnight Form)-2
102 - Tangrowth-2
101 - Milotic-1
101 - Camerupt-2
101 - Milotic-3
101 - Milotic-4
100 - Goodra-1
100 - Mesprit-1
100 - Goodra-2
100 - Bruxish-2
100 - Mesprit-2
100 - Goodra-3
100 - Mesprit-3
100 - Goodra-4
100 - Mesprit-4
100 - Venusaur-1
100 - Meganium-1
100 - Glalie-1
100 - Altaria-1
100 - Drifblim-1
100 - Braviary-1
100 - Togekiss-1
100 - Dragonite-1
100 - Meganium-2
100 - Meganium-3
100 - Shiftry-3
100 - Mandibuzz-3
100 - Chandelure-3
100 - Mamoswine-3
100 - Dragonite-3
100 - Venusaur-4
100 - Meganium-4
100 - Shiftry-4
100 - Altaria-4
100 - Mandibuzz-4
100 - Chandelure-4
100 - Mamoswine-4
100 - Regice-2
99 - Vanilluxe-1
99 - Vanilluxe-2
99 - Vanilluxe-3
99 - Vanilluxe-4
98 - Feraligatr-1
98 - Blastoise-3
98 - Feraligatr-3
98 - Blastoise-4
97 - Golem (Alola Form)-2
97 - Heatran-1
97 - Heatran-2
97 - Heatran-3
96 - Turtonator-4
96 - Drampa-4
96 - Exeggutor-1
96 - Nidoqueen-2
96 - Nidoqueen-3
96 - Nidoqueen-4
95 - Rotom (Wash Rotom)-1
95 - Rotom (Fan Rotom)-1
95 - Beedrill-2
95 - Rotom (Mow Rotom)-2
95 - Rotom (Frost Rotom)-2
95 - Florges-3
95 - Florges-4
95 - Absol-1
95 - Absol-2
95 - Palossand-2
95 - Banette-3
95 - Banette-4
95 - Scizor-4
95 - Heracross-4
94 - Kommo-o-1
94 - Heracross-1
94 - Nidoking-2
93 - Malamar-1
93 - Malamar-4
92 - Tsareena-2
92 - Rhyperior-2
92 - Tsareena-3
91 - Tyrantrum-2
91 - Tyrantrum-3
91 - Honchkrow-3
91 - Honchkrow-4
90 - Decidueye-2
90 - Decidueye-4
90 - Samurott-1
90 - Ludicolo-1
90 - Bisharp-1
90 - Venusaur-2
90 - Ludicolo-2
90 - Bisharp-2
90 - Mamoswine-2
90 - Milotic-2
90 - Togekiss-2
90 - Swampert-3
90 - Samurott-3
90 - Ludicolo-3
90 - Politoed-3
90 - Metagross-3
90 - Samurott-4
90 - Breloom-4
90 - Skarmory-4
90 - Bisharp-4
90 - Politoed-4
88 - Gogoat-1
88 - Barbaracle-2
88 - Barbaracle-3
88 - Barbaracle-4
88 - Blastoise-1
88 - Exploud-1
88 - Blastoise-2
88 - Exploud-2
88 - Exploud-3
87 - Lanturn-2
87 - Lanturn-3
87 - Lanturn-4
86 - Nidoqueen-1
85 - Florges-1
85 - Florges-2
85 - Emboar-1
85 - Banette-1
85 - Flareon-1
85 - Umbreon-1
85 - Glaceon-1
85 - Walrein-1
85 - Sandslash-1
85 - Banette-2
85 - Pelipper-2
85 - Gothitelle-2
85 - Komala-2
85 - Scizor-2
85 - Vaporeon-2
85 - Flareon-2
85 - Umbreon-2
85 - Glaceon-2
85 - Walrein-2
85 - Emboar-3
85 - Pelipper-3
85 - Gothitelle-3
85 - Komala-3
85 - Vaporeon-3
85 - Umbreon-3
85 - Glaceon-3
85 - Walrein-3
85 - Sandslash-2
85 - Gothitelle-4
85 - Komala-4
85 - Vaporeon-4
85 - Flareon-4
85 - Umbreon-4
85 - Glaceon-4
85 - Walrein-4
84 - Chesnaught-1
84 - Chesnaught-2
84 - Chesnaught-3
84 - Chesnaught-4
84 - Carracosta-3
84 - Carracosta-4
81 - Tyrantrum-1
81 - Breloom-1
81 - Honchkrow-1
81 - Samurott-2
81 - Politoed-2
81 - Honchkrow-2
81 - Metagross-2
81 - Tyranitar-4
80 - Sylveon-1
80 - Primarina-1
80 - Sylveon-2
80 - Minior (Meteor Form)-2
80 - Incineroar-2
80 - Primarina-2
80 - Bewear-2
80 - Sylveon-3
80 - Primarina-3
80 - Sylveon-4
80 - Minior (Meteor Form)-4
80 - Incineroar-4
80 - Primarina-4
80 - Bewear-4
80 - Empoleon-1
80 - Weezing-1
80 - Abomasnow-1
80 - Toucannon-1
80 - Oranguru-1
80 - Porygon2-1
80 - Magnezone-1
80 - Swampert-2
80 - Empoleon-2
80 - Weezing-2
80 - Jellicent-2
80 - Abomasnow-2
80 - Oranguru-2
80 - Porygon2-2
80 - Lapras-2
80 - Weezing-3
80 - Toucannon-3
80 - Wailord-3
80 - Porygon2-3
80 - Lapras-3
80 - Magnezone-3
80 - Swampert-4
80 - Empoleon-4
80 - Weezing-4
80 - Jellicent-4
80 - Toucannon-4
80 - Oranguru-4
80 - Wailord-4
80 - Porygon2-4
80 - Magnezone-4
79 - Clawitzer-1
79 - Gogoat-2
79 - Clawitzer-2
79 - Gogoat-3
78 - Aurorus-1
78 - Aurorus-2
78 - Aurorus-3
78 - Aurorus-4
78 - Scrafty-1
78 - Scrafty-3
78 - Scrafty-4
76 - Trevenant-1
76 - Trevenant-2
76 - Trevenant-3
76 - Torterra-1
76 - Scizor-1
76 - Vaporeon-1
76 - Emboar-2
76 - Sandslash (Alola Form)-1
76 - Torterra-3
76 - Scizor-3
76 - Flareon-3
76 - Torterra-4
75 - Golurk-1
75 - Ampharos-1
75 - Ursaring-1
75 - Bouffalant-1
75 - Blissey-1
75 - Blissey-2
75 - Golurk-3
75 - Ampharos-3
75 - Ursaring-3
75 - Exeggutor-2
75 - Bouffalant-3
75 - Blissey-3
75 - Ursaring-4
75 - Machamp-4
75 - Bouffalant-4
75 - Blissey-4
72 - Minior (Meteor Form)-1
72 - Bewear-1
72 - Bewear-3
72 - Swampert-1
72 - Jellicent-1
72 - Wailord-1
72 - Lapras-1
72 - Magnezone-2
72 - Empoleon-3
72 - Jellicent-3
72 - Abomasnow-3
72 - Oranguru-3
72 - Lapras-4
71 - Golem-2
70 - Carbink-1
70 - Carbink-2
70 - Lickilicky-1
70 - Lickilicky-2
70 - Lickilicky-3
70 - Mawile-1
70 - Sableye-1
70 - Audino-1
70 - Rampardos-1
70 - Aggron-1
70 - Tangrowth-1
70 - Mawile-2
70 - Sableye-2
70 - Audino-2
70 - Hariyama-2
70 - Beartic-2
70 - Eelektross-2
70 - Mawile-3
70 - Audino-3
70 - Muk (Alola Form)-2
70 - Beartic-3
70 - Aggron-3
70 - Tangrowth-3
70 - Mawile-4
70 - Sableye-4
70 - Audino-4
70 - Hariyama-4
70 - Rampardos-4
70 - Muk-2
70 - Tangrowth-4
70 - Eelektross-4
70 - Regirock-1
70 - Regice-1
70 - Registeel-1
70 - Regirock-2
70 - Regirock-3
70 - Regice-3
70 - Registeel-3
70 - Regice-4
70 - Registeel-4
70 - Lickilicky-4
68 - Druddigon-1
68 - Druddigon-2
68 - Druddigon-3
68 - Druddigon-4
67 - Machamp-1
67 - Hippowdon-1
67 - Golurk-2
67 - Ampharos-2
67 - Machamp-2
67 - Hippowdon-2
67 - Bouffalant-2
67 - Hippowdon-3
66 - Probopass-3
65 - Lurantis-1
65 - Lurantis-3
65 - Lurantis-4
65 - Throh-1
65 - Golem (Alola Form)-1
65 - Conkeldurr-1
65 - Dusknoir-1
65 - Golem-1
65 - Exeggutor (Alola Form)-1
65 - Throh-3
65 - Armaldo-3
65 - Conkeldurr-3
65 - Armaldo-4
63 - Vikavolt-2
63 - Vikavolt-3
63 - Carbink-4
63 - Vikavolt-4
63 - Hariyama-1
63 - Cradily-1
63 - Muk-1
63 - Crabominable-1
63 - Beartic-1
63 - Eelektross-1
63 - Muk (Alola Form)-1
63 - Aggron-2
63 - Hariyama-3
63 - Crabominable-3
63 - Eelektross-3
63 - Crabominable-4
63 - Aggron-4
62 - Araquanid-3
62 - Araquanid-4
60 - Golisopod-1
60 - Probopass-1
60 - Golisopod-2
60 - Dhelmise-2
60 - Golisopod-3
60 - Dhelmise-3
60 - Golisopod-4
60 - Camerupt-1
60 - Vespiquen-3
60 - Rhyperior-3
60 - Hippowdon-4
60 - Probopass-4
59 - Gastrodon-1
59 - Gastrodon-2
59 - Gastrodon-4
58 - Lurantis-2
58 - Marowak-1
58 - Armaldo-1
58 - Marowak (Alola Form)-1
58 - Throh-2
58 - Dusknoir-3
58 - Throh-4
58 - Ampharos-4
58 - Exeggutor (Alola Form)-2
58 - Dusknoir-4
56 - Vikavolt-1
56 - Drampa-1
56 - Turtonator-2
56 - Drampa-2
56 - Turtonator-3
56 - Drampa-3
56 - Cradily-2
56 - Crabominable-2
56 - Cradily-3
56 - Cradily-4
55 - Araquanid-1
55 - Mudsdale-2
55 - Araquanid-2
55 - Toxapex-3
55 - Mudsdale-3
55 - Toxapex-4
55 - Spiritomb-1
55 - Palossand-1
55 - Spiritomb-3
55 - Palossand-3
55 - Spiritomb-4
55 - Palossand-4
54 - Dhelmise-1
54 - Probopass-2
54 - Dhelmise-4
54 - Vespiquen-1
54 - Rhyperior-1
54 - Vespiquen-2
54 - Vespiquen-4
54 - Rhyperior-4
53 - Bronzong-1
53 - Gastrodon-3
53 - Bronzong-3
52 - Gourgeist (Average Size)-2
52 - Carracosta-1
52 - Carracosta-2
50 - Turtonator-1
50 - Amoonguss-1
50 - Slowbro-1
50 - Slowking-1
50 - Reuniclus-1
50 - Bastiodon-1
50 - Steelix-1
50 - Snorlax-1
50 - Amoonguss-2
50 - Slowbro-2
50 - Slowking-2
50 - Bastiodon-2
50 - Shiinotic-2
50 - Wishiwashi (School Form)-2
50 - Steelix-2
50 - Slowbro-3
50 - Slowking-3
50 - Bastiodon-3
50 - Snorlax-3
50 - Amoonguss-4
50 - Cofagrigus-4
50 - Steelix-4
50 - Snorlax-4
49 - Aromatisse-1
49 - Toxapex-1
49 - Mudsdale-1
49 - Aromatisse-2
49 - Toxapex-2
49 - Aromatisse-3
49 - Mudsdale-4
49 - Musharna-1
49 - Spiritomb-2
49 - Musharna-2
49 - Musharna-3
48 - Avalugg-2
48 - Avalugg-3
47 - Bronzong-2
47 - Bronzong-4
47 - Cresselia-4
45 - Shiftry-1
45 - Cofagrigus-1
45 - Shiinotic-1
45 - Gigalith-1
45 - Wishiwashi (School Form)-1
45 - Cofagrigus-2
45 - Reuniclus-2
45 - Passimian-2
45 - Gigalith-2
45 - Snorlax-2
45 - Amoonguss-3
45 - Cofagrigus-3
45 - Reuniclus-3
45 - Shiinotic-3
45 - Gigalith-3
45 - Wishiwashi (School Form)-3
45 - Steelix-3
45 - Slowbro-4
45 - Slowking-4
45 - Reuniclus-4
45 - Abomasnow-4
45 - Bastiodon-4
45 - Shiinotic-4
45 - Wishiwashi (School Form)-4
44 - Aromatisse-4
44 - Musharna-4
43 - Avalugg-1
40 - Tyranitar-1
40 - Ferrothorn-1
40 - Ferrothorn-2
40 - Escavalier-2
40 - Sableye-3
40 - Escavalier-4
40 - Gigalith-4
36 - Escavalier-1
36 - Camerupt-3
36 - Ferrothorn-3
36 - Escavalier-3
36 - Camerupt-4
36 - Ferrothorn-4
34 - Trevenant-4
33 - Golurk-4
31 - Carbink-3
29 - Conkeldurr-2
29 - Dusknoir-2
29 - Conkeldurr-4
25 - Shuckle-1
25 - Shuckle-2
22 - Shuckle-3
22 - Shuckle-4
21 - Avalugg-4

I would recommend a lightning rod user, to absorb electric attacks. Togedemaru is quite nice. its weakness to fire can be reduced in rain. also its steel typing can resist the rock types the Pelipper can't handle. Give it an Air Balloon and your good to go.
Its special attack sucks though. even with STAB Thunder in rain, unless you invest in its sp. attack.

Other options include Rhydon. Though getting a Rhyhorn can be tricky as it requires the AR Scanner atm. You'll take even more damage from water moves in the rain, but with X4 weakness to water already in the first place, any water move would OHKO it anyway.
In doubles Rhydon can fire of Earthquake attacks when Pelliper is out, for a nice little combo there.
Hmmm... I'd have to get the Air Balloon but it may not be a bad choice.

An offensive alternative I was thinking of was an Alolan Raichu. 110 base Speed is pretty high for Battle Tree, though I'm not sure if a Double Dance-esque set with both Electric Terrain and Nasty Plot (dropping Focus Blast) could work, for the few cases Raichu could get outsped.

Longtime lurker but first time poster here. In ORAS the only time I had tried the postgame was with the Aron AI-Abuse strat, just because I thought it was funny to get 1000+ wins with zero skill involved. Since the required pokes for that arent available until after bank and they removed triples, I decided I wanted to do this gen in a more fair manner. I've always felt that using legendaries( anything that I cant breed...way too lazy to SR competitive) so here is the team I ended up with:

Salamence
Item: Mega Stone
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 HP, 252 Speed.
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Double Edge
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake

Toxapex
Item: Leftovers/Black Sludge
Nature: Bold
Ability: Regenerator
EV's: 252 Def, 4 SP.A, 252 HP.
Moves:
-Haze
-Toxic
-Scald
-Recover

Garchomp
Item: Z-Dragon/Z-Ground/Z-Rock
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves:
-Stone Edge
-Protect
-Outrage
-Earthquake

I got to 145 wins and only lost because it was 1am and I really wanted to get to 150 before bed. I knew an electric move was coming in on my Toxapex but I thought I could tank it rather than switch to Garchomp. Turned out to be Z-Thunder. I did not tank it... Beat the Rotom-F and Drampa was out next. Quick Claw Dragon Pulse beat me in 2 hits.

I can write up usage/problem pokemon info, but since its really a beginner set I imagine everyone here gets how it is used and sees its glaring weaknesses.

What I'm really after is some advice on the team. I am not really attached to my double dragons, but I do think the AI counter teams you a bit and anything using Ice moves is easy picking for Toxapex. I was thinking about playing around with the Toxapex though, since it is the central part of my team and everything else is supporting it. I was thinking about trying a Calm nature to try and tank special hits a bit better. I was also thinking about putting a Focus Sash on Toxapex. I feel like it is so bulky and has so much recovery from switching/using recover that the passive recovery from Leftovers might not be needed. I think Focus Sash might let me get off toxic safely on pokes that would otherwise OHKO me and then switch to Garchomp and back to toxic stall problematic pokemon. Has anyone tried either of these things with good results?

Last edited:
I feel like this is a dumb question, but when you restart on the Battle Tree using the exact same team as before, does the computer adopt more tactics to counter your team than before? I used a Z-Conversion Porygon-Z Electric and noticed way more electric resists before, while using the exact same setup as before.

Garchomp
Item: Z-Dragon/Z-Ground/Z-Rock
Ability: Intimidate
Moves:
-Stone Edge
-Protect
-Outrage
-Earthquake
Just thought i'd point this out. Garchomp doesn't get Intimidate. i'm presuming your running rough skin on it though. other wise you team looks pretty solid for running 2 dragon types.
I couldn't find a Toxapex spread i liked (Ev's nature moveset etc) so gave up on it.

I did get my 5 IV Cubone though that i mentioned earlier. though for simplicity sake i'm just gonna copy smogons general X/Y ev spread for it, even though Marowak is technically an entirely new pokemon in gen 7 (being a fire/ ghost type and all). so 252 atk. 252 speed and 4 in def or sp. def when i cross that road.

I fixed my ability mistake. About your Marowak, I would recommend that you take those speed EVs and put them in something defensive. A-Marowak only has base 45 speed, so I dont really see the point of dumping all those EVs in speed unless you are trying to outspeed something specific. I would keep it slow as a trick room counter perhaps.

I fixed my ability mistake. About your Marowak, I would recommend that you take those speed EVs and put them in something defensive. A-Marowak only has base 45 speed, so I dont really see the point of dumping all those EVs in speed unless you are trying to outspeed something specific. I would keep it slow as a trick room counter perhaps.
How does 252 HP Sound? iv'e just started my attack ev grinding on Lillipups. or maybe 252 sp. def, but its only special weaknesses are weakness to water, ghost since its other weaknesses are mostly Physical.

looking around, i've found an adamant nature set (nature i'm using) with 248 HP, 252 Atk and 8 sp. def. i could totally go for this. the 8 evs in sp. def only require a vitamin boost (all vitamins boost 10 evs) and i can happily grind away on grimers for the rest.

Last edited:
so i just got all the way up to battle 48 with the following team only to loose to a lead Audino with Z-Fire Blast (Inferno Overdrive)
UMMMM LIKE WHAAAAA!!!

Gyarados: Male (FirinMyLazer)
Item: Gyaradosite.
Nature: Jolly.
Ability: Intimidate.
IV’s: 31/ 31/ 31/**/ 31/ 31
EV’s: 252 Atk. 252 Speed. 4 Def.
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Crunch

Same gyarados as page 21, but no more z-splash.

Mudsdale: Male (Shadow Mare)
Item: Chesto Berry.
Nature: Careful.
Ability: Stamina.
IV’s: 31/ 31/ 31/ **/ 31/ 31
EV’s: 252 Hp. 4 Atk. 252 Sp. def
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Rest

replacing my Garchomp from page 21

Aeigislash: Male (Slice'n Dice)
Item: Leftovers.
Ability: Stance Change.
IV’s: 31/ 31/ 31/ **/ 31/ 31
EV’s: 252 HP. 252 Atk. 4 Def
-Swords Dance
-Kings Shield
-Iron head
-Shadow Sneak

replacing my Mimikyu from page 21.

So I was trying to copy the spread used by "The Dutch Plumberjack" for his amazing Battle maison win steak. (please don't hate me guys) only problem was Gliscor has not been released officially yet, and Pokebank doesn't come out until Junuary, so rolled with Mudsdale since the stats are similar and the stamina ability can make it tank a few hits before using the rest chesto combo. still no toxic heal though.

when i saw a lead audino, i was thinking it would be a free switch to Aeigislash, which at first it was, but then it unleashed Inferno Overdrive in my face which made me go. Wha, WHAAAA!! Aeigislash managed to eat it up however and get a swords dance, and kings shield some health back, but a fire blast the following turn koed me. Mudsdale came in and used Toxic, and set up a sub, but the thing kept using hyper voice. cool thing to note, Stamina activates if your in a substitute and the opponent uses hyper voice on you. (or any sound based move) with my sub kept in tact, i just had to keep spamming rest until it died.

then i get a Rotom Fridge. I miss Toxic, and it uses Blizzard and hits. no more sub. i land another toxic but Mudsdale dies. Then its Gyarados VS Rotom Fridge.
I mega evolve but its pretty much over. i fail to Ko it with Waterfall (No flinch) and a thunderbolt Paralyses me to put the nail in the coffin.

i'm advising anyone using a team with Aeigislash to watch out for this Audino, as like just happened to my run, it can end your win streak.
What did Audino use on the switch to your Aegislash, Hyper Voice? My thoughts are that you should have tried to switch stall Fire Blast PP with Gyarados/Mudsdale and Aegislash depending how much HP Aegislash had left and what Audino uses on Gyarados. If it was Hyper Voice on Gyarados, you had free switches to Aegislash and Gyarados just needed to sponge 2 Fire Blast(easy). Sounds like you took one Fire Blast and shielded another, so 3 more PP is easy, especially including King's Shield, then Aegislash would have an easy set up. A set up Aegislash will loop on Rotom-Fridge.

Hate to say it, but sounds like you just misplayed a very winnable battle.

I have a post with my 118 streak singles team here: Battle Tree Discussion Thread (Leaderboard Eventually), once landorus or gliscor becomes avaiable I ll use it again to try for a higher trecord.

Also if you just wanna rush to 50 Dragonite-Aegislash-TapuFini will get you there incredibly fast, but not much farther (maybe 70-80s )
Why do you say that the team will only take you to 70-80? I saw 2 of the 1000+ teams on the Maison thread were Dragonite/Aegislash/Greninja. Granted Fini is not Greninja, but it does provide some helpful things Greninja didn't. Both those teams used the slightly bulkier Adamant Dragonite with Roost than what you posted. Also, Fini with Scarf helps to make up for the Speed Greninja had.

Last edited:
I'm just beginning to plan out a team for the Battle Tree, and since I don't have any BP yet, I'm trying to make due with what I have at the moment, which is a bunch of good/great UBs and Tapus.

I was thinking of running:

Pheromosa@Life Orb
Beast Boost
Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
  • Hi-Jump Kick/Low Kick
  • Lunge
  • U-Turn
  • Poison Jab

Kartana@Focus Sash
Beast Boost
  • Sacred Sword
  • Leaf Blade
  • Psycho Cut
  • Smart Strike

Tapu Fini@Leftovers
Misty Surge
Timid, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
  • Scald
  • Moon Blast
  • Calm Mind
  • Ice Beam
Keep in mind, I'm just trying to get the 50 streak and rack up some BP so that I can buy better items/training items, mega stones, etc.

Would this be a decent team, or am I missing some horribly glaring flaw?

if you want to get BP for items, battle royale is a easy way. I'm using an ingame team I used for the story (only 1 is breeded, the other two are just chained for 4 IVs. Berries, ingame held items got though story (I'm counting leftovers too from pickup) and Z-crystals is all you need for semi-consistent wins on master (plus that not winning still gives points)

I'm just beginning to plan out a team for the Battle Tree, and since I don't have any BP yet, I'm trying to make due with what I have at the moment, which is a bunch of good/great UBs and Tapus.

Pheromosa@Life Orb
Beast Boost
  • Hi-Jump Kick/Low Kick
  • Lunge
  • U-Turn
  • Poison Jab

Kartana@Focus Sash
Beast Boost
  • Sacred Sword
  • Leaf Blade
  • Psycho Cut
  • Smart Strike

Tapu Fini@Leftovers
Misty Surge
  • Scald
  • Moon Blast
  • Calm Mind
  • Ice Beam
Keep in mind, I'm just trying to get the 50 streak and rack up some BP so that I can buy better items/training items, mega stones, etc.

This would be fine to just get to 50 with, Koko w/Orb or Specs would be faster than Fini imo to just quickly get to 50. I've been using Specs KoKo myself as a lead and it sweeps whole teams a lot of the time and I've managed to get to 96 with Koko/MegaDos/Multinite.

Pheromosa@Life Orb
Beast Boost
  • Hi-Jump Kick/Low Kick
  • Lunge
  • U-Turn
  • Poison Jab

Kartana@Focus Sash
Beast Boost
  • Sacred Sword
  • Leaf Blade
  • Psycho Cut
  • Smart Strike

Tapu Fini@Leftovers
Misty Surge
  • Scald
  • Moon Blast
  • Calm Mind
  • Ice Beam

You really want Surf over Sclad or you're going to have a hard time with Volcarona. I run Modest with Scarf, and I need to switch to it as soon as it comes out and use Surf immediately to take it down before it sets up too many Quiver Dance. Volcarona will shut down Pheromosa and Kartana hard. Not to mention Misty Surge prevents you from burning all grounded targets...

You really want Surf over Sclad or you're going to have a hard time with Volcarona. I run Modest with Scarf, and I need to switch to it as soon as it comes out and use Surf immediately to take it down before it sets up too many Quiver Dance. Volcarona will shut down Pheromosa and Kartana hard. Not to mention Misty Surge prevents you from burning all grounded targets...
Battle Tree has users using stuff you can't even use yourself? Hahah, that's pretty f-ed up!

Battle Tree has users using stuff you can't even use yourself? Hahah, that's pretty f-ed up!
Battle Tree has a lot of Pokémon you can't get until bank, including legendaries like Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Latios, Latias, Thundrus, Tornadus, Landorus and many others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 5)