Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf

Standard MixPert. Roar because I lack Phazing.

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 224 Atk / 176 Spd / 108 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Standard McGar. Most people seem to expect the full special sweeper variety now and switch to Blissey/Snorlax/Regice who all hate Focus Punch.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 120 Def / 28 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Stolen from someone. Forgot his username though. This set works quite well. It's always funny seeing Forretress survive a Hp Fire from Maggy thanks to Light Screen and OHKO it with EQ. Sets spikes and spins away my opponent's.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Spd / 96 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Boah. The extra speed because I want to outspeed Skarmory and the standard Boah's speed is too obvious.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 112 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

243 Speed should give it 364 speed after a DD outspeeding pokemon that run 363 speed to outspeed base 115s.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SAtk /
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Aromatherapy/Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled/Protect

Standard Aroma Bliss. Cures Status for the team and walls special sweepers. Might change this to WishBliss.

Gyarados is annoying. Heracross can also wear down Gyarados which is why I'm considering Wish Support.

The team doesn't seem too bad. One thing that strikes me as unfavorable is the use of Boah and only two PKMN that are immune to Sandstorm. You won't be getting a Leftovers recovery with Sand Stream in effect.

For Zapdos, I might recommend making Swampert a physical monster and giving it Rock Slide, or giving TTar Rock Slide. Gengar with Ice Punch would be a 2-3OHKO I think. Swampert as well.

That's all I can think of.

Actually, Gengar is a pretty horrible lead. If you face Aerodactyl, that's a OHKO, if you face Metagross, that's another OHKO. Tyranitar starter? OHKO again. Why not just lead with Swampert to deal with all of them to start with? =/

Also, keep Psychic on Celebi IMO, you're going to have real troubles switching into another Gengar, especially if it's the original McGar, however rare that is.

CM celebi specifically, CM cune has a fun time with this too. Nothing beats both well...gyarados is your best bet for a counter to both in one poke.

(I wouldn't say so, sans the fact that if they're last Poke, IMO Articuno could be better, since Gyarados will get weakened in the storm, more so than Articuno for it's purpose that is...)

I picked Gyarados mainly because it fit over either Weezing as the fighting resist or over gar to help you with offense. Your choice dude.

Thanks. I'll try Gyarados out. Never thought of Gyarados. Yea, Suicune is a pain. I usually send in Forretress on CM, light screen, switch to Celebi, leech seed, and spam HP Grass and recover. If Cune has Ice Beam, I'm usually dead.

Actually, with or without IB, a Leech Seed pretty much does it for Suicune. The fact that it can Recover while attempting to stall it out, or if it's trying to CM up, you can always attempt the ever unlikely HPGrass CH, however, Celebi should annoy the f out of Suicune. And should Cune ever be the last Poke, you can always outstall it forever as long as you get the Leech Seed in, thanks to Gengar's substitute. Of course that doesn't mean switch Gar right in, but after Cune kills something.

HP: grass on that celebi is really a waste. As you said earlier, he needs psychic to take care of Zapdos and Gengar.

But he didn't change it, otherwise I'd say Perish Song over Leech Seed too! Stops both Suicune and the other two aforementioned. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)