XY UU Beginner UU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY FIRST UU-TEAM

I began playing only a few days ago, on wishes from one of my friends. I have long played Pokémon, but never competitively. So this is my first team. I am not too aware of the UU Metagame, so this is just a collection of my favourite Pokémon. I have usually not used Smogon for movesets, so that I practice making my own.

Galvantula
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave, Bug Buzz, Sticky Web, Sucker Punch

This guy is so much fun. He holds Focus Sash so that he in most cases can get off a Sticky Web. His other task is to spread paralysis as well. Bug Buzz is for Espeon and Xatu. Sucker Punch is for those who do not expect it.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hurricane, Heat Wave, Defog, Quick Attack

Main sweeper. Hurricane for insane amounts of damage, and Heat Wave for coverage. Defog is for entry hazards and Quick Attack in case I fight a faster opponent with very little HP left.

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off, U-turn, Protect, Fake Out

So strong it is not even funny. Fake Out to flinch when he is first brought out, and STAB Black Glasses Knock Off does insane a lot of damage to most Pokémon. Protect for scouting and U-turn for other Dark-Pokémon.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs / Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat, Energy Ball, Trick / HP: Ice, Shadow Ball

Chandelure is mainly for coverage, so that they can't even touch me when this little monster first is brought out. Trick is also pretty fun when I fight a mainly physical Pokémon, and it is also used to cripple other Pokémon that won't gain any benefit from Choice Specs.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Aqua Jet, Scald, Stealth Rock, Ice Beam / Protect

Empoleon is pretty good at receiving special attacks, and can easily survive at least one Thunderbolt. He is also used to put out Stealth Rock. Ice Beam is for dragons, in case I use Chandelure with Choice Specs. Aqua Jet in case Empoleon is low on health, and I need to get some damage off the opponent.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lunar Dance, Light Screen, Moonblast, Moonlight

Cresselia is my mixed wall, and pretty good at that. She survives Mega-Absol and its Knock Off, and can set up Light Screen. Moonblast for coverage and Moonlight to heal itself and stall. Lunar Dance is quite nice when she is low on health and can use it heal another Pokémon.

Please rate and comment!

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here are some much needed changes that'll improve the overall functionality of your team.
  1. Galv should run Thunder instead of Sucker Punch, and Compound Eyes as opposed to Unnerve. It should be 252 SpA and 252 Spe, with 4 SpD to prevent Download users from setting up. This is the crux lead Galvantula set that's viable in UU.
  2. Mega Pidgeot should not be running non-max speed; please put 252 Spe EVs, and the remaning 4 into SpD. Also, replace Quick Attack with Roost, giving Mega Pidgeot some much needed longevity. Lastly, change the nature to Timid, and remove Mega Pidgeot's attack IVs.
  3. your Chandelure set is quite gimmicky and won't respond well to the role you're trying to assign it; change it to the standard specs set. You can find it here
  4. Empoleon should not be running Aqua Jet, ever. Replace it with either Roar or Toxic. Subsequently change your nature to Calm.
  5. You already have a special wall in the form of Empoleon, so make this Cresselia a defensive wall; 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 4 Spe. Light Screen is a pretty pointless move as you have no Pokemon that can take advantage of the Special Defense boost. As a result, consider changing this to Calm Mind, Psyshock, or Rest.

Last edited:
1-First of all, switch sucker punch for Thunder in Galv.
2-For god sake, Defog does not work in Pidgeot. Remove Defog now and change for Work Up/Roost/U-Turn. Quick Attack is also unnecessary. And make your Pidgeot in Timid nature.
3-Change Empoleon to Tentacruel for a better special wall and rapid spinner.
4-I'd trade Cresselia for a Donphan or a Forretress, great physical walls and put hazards.

I don't advice to use Liepard too but, if you want...

You need at least a 3 lines paragraph describing each mon and that's why I'm locking this, please read the RMT rules next time you post a team. PM me when you've made the necessary changes and I'll re-open it for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)