Beheeyem [QC 2/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Taking over from Ranger Mike...who took it over from Snaquaza ^.^

QC Kiyo / Punchshroom / ?
GP ? / ?

Overview
########
  • Has very high Special Attack
  • Good on Trick Room
  • Has a good ability in Analytic to abuse
  • Average bulk
  • Low Speed, analytic kinda makes up for it though
Choice Specs
#######
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Psyshock / Psychic
move 2: Hidden Power Fighting
move 3: Trick
move 4: Shadow Ball
ability: Analytic
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
item: Choice Specs
nature: Modest

Moves
========
  • Psyshock is another STAB move which hits on the opponent's Physical Defense.
  • Psychic deals more damage than Psyshock but struggles against hitting Specially Defense walls harder.
  • Hidden Power Fighting lets Beheeyem hit Dark- and Steel-types
  • Trick cripples walls Beheeyem can't break.
  • Shadow Ball lets Beheeyem hit Psychic-type Pokemon and has a chance to lower Special Defense - more effective than Dark Pulse's chance to flinch given that Beheeyem will most likely be attacking last
Set Details
========

• EVs maximize its Special Attack to boost its wallbreaking potential. Maximum HP EVs helps it tank hits as it doesn't want speed anyway.
  • Analytic is often activated due to Beheeyem's low speed so it can dish out even higher damage.
  • Modest nature for even more power.
  • Choice Specs to maximize the amount of damage you can do.

Usage Tips
========
  • Beheeyem is a wallbreaker; a very strong one.
  • Psychic is its strongest move, but watch out for Dark types.
  • Try to bring it in on a double switch or with a slow U-Turn or Volt Switch, as it's middling bulk won't allow it to take many hits.
  • Don't be afraid to stay in unless the opponent has Super Effective STAB and you haven't been able to remove the opponent walls yet. It has just enough bulk to avoid getting OHKOed from most Pokemon

Team Options
========
  • Beheeyem hates Dark types, so it likes support from something like Granbull or Sawk to take them on.
  • Otherwise any Pokemon that needs a wall removed, will appreciate Beheeyem's presence.
  • Pokemon with access to entry hazards so that the opposing Pokemon are worn down to the point of a 2HKO OR OHKO
Trick Room
#######
name: Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Hidden Power Fighting
move 4: Dark Pulse
ability: Analytic
evs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Quiet

Moves
========

• Trick Room turns Beheeyem's low speed in an advantage.
  • Psychic is Beheeyem's strongest STAB moves
  • Hidden Power Fighting lets Beheeyem hit Dark-types and Steel-types.
  • Dark Pulse is for hitting other Psychic-type Pokemon and Ghost-types, with Beheeyem attacking first under Trick Room, it gives it a chance to flinch too.
  • Nasty Plot can raise Beheeyem's Special Attack to astronomical levels.
  • Signal Beam can be used for neutral coverage if Beheeyem is using Nasty Plot as one of its moves.
Set Details
========

• EVs make Beheeyem hit as hard as possible. The other EVs are put into HP so it can set up more easily.
  • Analytic is used because it powers up moves after switches too. This will punish the opponent for switching out, even during Trick Room.
  • Quiet Nature is used to maximize the damage output while lowering speed so you can hit faster during Trick Room.
  • Life Orb will let you hit even harder, but wears you down fairly quickly.
  • Leftovers can be used for a more defensive set-up. You'll hit significantly less hard however.

Usage Tips
========
  • Trick Room wants to be set up as quickly as possible when using Beheeyem
  • Beheeyem can wear down its own counters by using its coverage moves mid-game.
  • Make sure only to attempt a sweep when its counters are removed as it will only be able to pull it off once.
  • Beheeyem is fairly safe about not predicting most opponents, as Analytic still gives Beheeyem powerful hits on resisted switch-ins.
  • Must be wary against Dark-type switch-ins, especially those with Sucker Punch
  • Against Stall teams you can use Nasty Plot without using Trick Room as you won't need the speed, but you'll get the analytic boost. After this Beheeyem will easily make most stall teams crumble.

Team Options
========
  • Beheeyem appreciates teammates which lure Pokemon it can set-up on.
  • Beheeyem appreciates teammates which can also set up Trick Room due to its poor Defense it can't rely on always setting it up alone.
  • It's important to bring in Beheeyem in safely, so a slow Volt Switch or U-Turn is appreciated. It can't take lot a lot of hits, so it's better to minimize the damage it takes.
  • Dark-types can usually force Beheeyem out, so a partner like Granbull or Pangoro is recommended.
  • Pangoro forms an especially good core as it can get Beheeyem in safely with a slow Parting Shot, it lures in Physical walls it can set up on and can take advantage of any leftover Trick Room turns. Finally it can remove Dark-types
Other Options
#######
  • CM + Recover
  • Energy Ball
  • Assault Vest
Check and Counters
########

**Dark-types**: Dark-type Pokemon such as Pawniard and Sneasel can't switch in on Beheeyem due to Hidden Power Fighting hitting them hard but can check Beheeyem with their Dark-type STAB moves such as Knock Off or Crunch forcing it to switch out due to its poor Defense and Speed stat. Sneasel can switch in by predicting an incoming Psyshock on a teammate, although it is risky, and force Beheeyem to stay in by trapping it with Pursuit. Sneasel doesn't take any damage due to it being locked in if it is the Choice Specs set. Trick Room on the switch however can cause problems as Beheeyem will go first.
**Steel-types**: Steel-type Pokemon such as Ferroseed, Bastiodon and Probopass can switch in on Beheeyem only fearing Trick and Hidden Power Fighting. They resist Beheeyem's Psychic-type STAB and isn't weak to its other moves. They can retaliate with their own moves against Beheeyem or use the switch to set up Stealth Rock or Spikes. Bastiodon switches in on a Psyshock which barely does anything and gets up the Stealth Rock or Toxic on the incoming opposing Pokemon.
**Ghost-types**: Ghost-type Pokemon such as Mismagius and Rotom can check Beheeyem with their Ghost-type STAB moves. Rotom can check Beheeyem by either forcing it out with Shadow Ball or predicting the switch and going for Volt Switch or Trick to cripple the incoming opponent. Mismagius can go for Nasty Plot predicting the switch or hit Beyeehem with a Shadow Ball.
**Priority**: Pokemon with access to priority such as Cacturne and Mightyena with Sucker Punch, Feraligatr with Aqua Jet and Kangaskhan with Fake Out can wear down Beheeyem to the point where it is an OHKO or 2HKO or take it out due to its poor Defense. Cacturne can come in against Psyshock and go for Sucker Punch predicting Beheeyem to use Hidden Power Fighting or use the switch opportunity to get up a Swords Dance.
**Offensive Pressure**: Due to Beheeyem's poor Speed and Defense, offensive pressure from Pokemon can really force the switch on Beheeyem. It doesn't like taking physical hits all too much and its either getting to be forced out, get OHKOed or 2HKO. Pokemon such as Feraligatr, Samurott, Sceptile and Archeops can all 2HKO; Samurott and Feraligatr can even OHKO after using Swords Dance. Trick Room Beheeyem is harder to revenge kill due to it being slower and can turn the tables on sweepers.
**Entry Hazards**: If Beheeyem isn't running Recover it can eventually wear down in health from switching in and out constantly. When being locked into one move with the Choice Specs, Beheeyem doesn't want to stay in on certain Pokemon when locked into one move such as Psyshock on Cacturne. The hazards will eventually put Beheeyem in the range of getting 2HKOed or OHKOed from the offensive Pokemon.
**Bug-types**: Bug-type Pokemon such as Accelgor and Scyther can check Beheeyem with their super effective attacks. Accelgor can predict the switch and use the chance to get up hazards while Scyther can gain momentum by going for U-turn or removing the item of the incoming Pokemon with Knock Off.

Last edited:
I think assualt vest is worthy of OO because it's a lot bulkier than you might think. helps it deal better with other psychic types like mespirit and some bulky poisons like vileplume and weezing

252+ SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Beheeyem: 100-118 (28.3 - 33.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Mesprit Signal Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Beheeyem: 140-166 (39.6 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

not terrible tbh

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah assault vest definitely deserves OO, it's insanely bulky lol. I'll play around with Beheeyem a lil bit so I know what I'm talking about and then drop a check.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry! Now I believe this is ready for QC. Had to beef up that C&C first ;) Hit me with everything you got and Assault Vest was added^

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Thunderbolt is nice for neutral coverage and all, but considering the power of its Psychic attacks, I would believe that it is better for Beheeyem to simply cover Psychic resists with super effective coverage. HP Fighting hits Steel-types (extremely bulky ones like Probo and Seed) and dual-typed Dark-types like Pawn and Panda, while Signal Beam hits Psychic-types and Dark-types hard. The only threat Thunderbolt hits that its other moves cannot would be Xatu, and TBolt is much less notable on Specs Beheeyem since Xatu cannot Roost against Signal Beam anyway. TBolt should be a slashed move at best.

You know what, screw Thunderbolt. Since Beheeyem can afford to run HP Fighting since it gives a rat's ass about the imperfect Speed IV, Beheeyem can just use Shadow Ball over Signal Beam to hit all Psychic-types (bar Malamar) super effectively.

Darnell

Respected.
Thunderbolt is nice for neutral coverage and all, but considering the power of its Psychic attacks, I would believe that it is better for Beheeyem to simply cover Psychic resists with super effective coverage. HP Fighting hits Steel-types (extremely bulky ones like Probo and Seed) and dual-typed Dark-types like Pawn and Panda, while Signal Beam hits Psychic-types and Dark-types hard. The only threat Thunderbolt hits that its other moves cannot would be Xatu, and TBolt is much less notable on Specs Beheeyem since Xatu cannot Roost against Signal Beam anyway. TBolt should be a slashed move at best.

You know what, screw Thunderbolt. Since Beheeyem can afford to run HP Fighting since it gives a rat's ass about the imperfect Speed IV, Beheeyem can just use Shadow Ball over Signal Beam to hit all Psychic-types (bar Malamar) super effectively.
Sorry Punchshroom, bit confused on what you're telling me to do? Do you mean remove Thunderbolt and put Shadow Ball over Signal Beam? If so does HP Fighting goes as the second slot?

Punchshroom

Sorry Punchshroom, bit confused on what you're telling me to do? Do you mean remove Thunderbolt and put Shadow Ball over Signal Beam? If so does HP Fighting goes as the second slot?
Pretty much. Mention the reasons why each move is run as well, yada yada~

Punchshroom

• Shadow Ball lets Beheeyem hit Ghost-type Pokemon
  • Recover is another option to gain back health
Shadow Ball lets Beheeyem hit Psychic-type Pokemon, wut. Why would you run Recover on a Choiced Pokemon?

Once its job is done, Beheeyem is a fine Pokemon to sac so another Pokemon gets a free switch-in.
What is its job? That is easily the first thing one should mention in Usage Tips; what it is supposed to do. Wallbreak? Sweep? Pivot, etc...

Remove Dual Screens and Magic Coat from OO; Uxie seems to make way better use of these.

I can understand Taunt being in C&C if this is Musharna, but Beheeyem is so much more offensive (and powerful) in comparison that Taunt seems extremely shaky as a response. Taunt has a good chance of accomplishing nothing if Beheeyem is Specs as well.

Darnell

Respected.
Shadow Ball lets Beheeyem hit Psychic-type Pokemon, wut. Why would you run Recover on a Choiced Pokemon?

What is its job? That is easily the first thing one should mention in Usage Tips; what it is supposed to do. Wallbreak? Sweep? Pivot, etc...

Remove Dual Screens and Magic Coat from OO; Uxie seems to make way better use of these.

I can understand Taunt being in C&C if this is Musharna, but Beheeyem is so much more offensive (and powerful) in comparison that Taunt seems extremely shaky as a response. Taunt has a good chance of accomplishing nothing if Beheeyem is Specs as well.
Okay! No fucking clue why I put Recover there; think I got mixed up when I was changing the moves and thought it was Trick Room.

Removed Dual Screens, Taunt from C&C and Magic Coat

Listed its job as a wallbreaker in the Usage Tips, I did know the role! Its just that this was a C+P from the previous skeleton

I have no explanation for Shadow Ball; that was just me being dumb :/

All of that was done^ Thanks

Punchshroom

I'm starting to think the TR set should probably use the same Fighting + Ghost coverage that Specs is using as well. However, if using Nasty Plot then Psychic + Signal Beam offer the best overall neutral coverage.

Don't use Trick Room recklessly as it can potentially harm your team
Wait, so is Beheeyem meant to be used on a Trick Room team, or is it fine as a standalone sweeper? You'll need to specify this in Usage Tips and in Team Options.

**Offensive Pressure**: Due to Beheeyem's poor Speed and Defense, offensive pressure from Pokemon can really force the switch on Beheeyem. It doesn't like taking physical hits all too much and its either getting to be forced out, get OHKOed or 2HKO. Pokemon such as Feraligatr, Samurott, Mesprit, and Archeops can all 2HKO; Samurott and Feraligatr can even OHKO after using Swords Dance.
Mention that Trick Room Beheeyem is harder to revenge kill, and can even turn the tables on these sweepers. Mesprit also isn't a good option as it ocassionally lacks the coverage to hit Beheeyem with, replace with something like a Fire-type or offensive Grass-type idk.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Some stuff

I think you misplaced your psychic bullet in the changeover (on specs)

Also, not much usage tips on trick? Seems worthy of a bullet as yo when you should say 'screw it' and throw away your power for a crippling.

Checks and counters:

Dark-types: Hp fight? Also, about sneasel,

252+ SpA Life Orb Beheeyem Signal Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Sneasel: 192-229 (76.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(192, 195, 198, 200, 203, 205, 208, 208, 211, 213, 216, 218, 221, 224, 226, 229)

I'd say he has a good chance to trap/beat specs, but gets rekt by tr.

Also, pangoro is fine with signal, since it's neutral (well, define fine, but
252+ SpA Life Orb Analytic Beheeyem Signal Beam vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 198-233 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(198, 199, 201, 204, 207, 209, 211, 213, 216, 218, 221, 222, 225, 227, 230, 233)

Steel-types:

I'd phrase it more like, all the steel types are neutral to a coverage move; ferroseed obv resists tbolt but not signal.

Ghost-types: how well do they switch in? Also, rotom doesn't check you either; he checks with ghost stab, then uses that pressure to volt or trick. But, volt/trick doesn't check beheeyem.

Priority: sucker is fine, kanga with fake is fine since its fake+sucker. Other prio can pick off the tr set, but weaken it, meh i guess. I'd focus more on prio picking it off myself.

Finally i agre with tr being fight+ghost, you're not missing too much, but you can break probo and shit, which is nice.

Darnell

Respected.
I'm starting to think the TR set should probably use the same Fighting + Ghost coverage that Specs is using as well. However, if using Nasty Plot then Psychic + Signal Beam offer the best overall neutral coverage.

Wait, so is Beheeyem meant to be used on a Trick Room team, or is it fine as a standalone sweeper? You'll need to specify this in Usage Tips and in Team Options.

Mention that Trick Room Beheeyem is harder to revenge kill, and can even turn the tables on these sweepers. Mesprit also isn't a good option as it ocassionally lacks the coverage to hit Beheeyem with, replace with something like a Fire-type or offensive Grass-type idk.
Some stuff

I think you misplaced your psychic bullet in the changeover (on specs)

Also, not much usage tips on trick? Seems worthy of a bullet as yo when you should say 'screw it' and throw away your power for a crippling.

Checks and counters:

Dark-types: Hp fight? Also, about sneasel,

252+ SpA Life Orb Beheeyem Signal Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Sneasel: 192-229 (76.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(192, 195, 198, 200, 203, 205, 208, 208, 211, 213, 216, 218, 221, 224, 226, 229)

I'd say he has a good chance to trap/beat specs, but gets rekt by tr.

Also, pangoro is fine with signal, since it's neutral (well, define fine, but
252+ SpA Life Orb Analytic Beheeyem Signal Beam vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 198-233 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(198, 199, 201, 204, 207, 209, 211, 213, 216, 218, 221, 222, 225, 227, 230, 233)

Steel-types:

I'd phrase it more like, all the steel types are neutral to a coverage move; ferroseed obv resists tbolt but not signal.

Ghost-types: how well do they switch in? Also, rotom doesn't check you either; he checks with ghost stab, then uses that pressure to volt or trick. But, volt/trick doesn't check beheeyem.

Priority: sucker is fine, kanga with fake is fine since its fake+sucker. Other prio can pick off the tr set, but weaken it, meh i guess. I'd focus more on prio picking it off myself.

Finally i agre with tr being fight+ghost, you're not missing too much, but you can break probo and shit, which is nice.
done :o

Punchshroom

Recover on the Trick Room set can be removed; Musharna is a better choice if longevty is your main concern for a Trick Room user.

Replace with Signal Beam, and that it allows Beheeyem to maintain solid 2-move neutral coverage if Nasty Plot is used.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really don't like the line about Beheeyem being a 'fine pokemon to sac' as this is really situational and can apply to literally any pokemon depending on matchup, other than that this looks ok.

QC 1/3

i believe Dark Pulse > Shadow Ball in the Trick Room set. The flinch chance is infinitely more useful when you are faster and it has arguably better coverage (no immunities actually which can be very very useful in a limited turn spam like Trick Room and getting at least some damage is better then none. This would also be a reason to make it the move over sball on the specs set too but w/e) with fighting types murdered by Psychic-type STAB anyway.

Darnell

Respected.
i believe Dark Pulse > Shadow Ball in the Trick Room set. The flinch chance is infinitely more useful when you are faster and it has arguably better coverage (no immunities actually which can be very very useful in a limited turn spam like Trick Room and getting at least some damage is better then none. This would also be a reason to make it the move over sball on the specs set too but w/e) with fighting types murdered by Psychic-type STAB anyway.
It seems reasonable^ I done this

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i believe Synchronize -> Analytic would work better on the trick room set, as you're going to be moving first. therefore, analytic would be pretty much useless. Synchronize would give beheyeem an edge against possible prankster twave users like liepard or something that can just live a hit from beheeyem and twave it anyway, like uxie or something. Either way, it makes more use of beheeyem moving first than analytic or telepathy (lol)
Also, you may want to remove dark pulse from OO since you already have it on one of the sets.

Darnell

Respected.
Thanks xzern, removed Dark Pulse x_x forgot that was still there. I changed the ability although there are some circumstances where TR might not even be used and an attack is just needed so I may change it back; the extra power is always nice but I'll wait for QC comments too.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think bug types deserve a mention in c&c, as most can generally tank one hit and threaten to ohko beheeyem. Scyther and Accelgor are pretty much the only relevant ones since vivillon doesn't run bug buzz.
More specifically, accelgor typically runs focus sash and scyther generally is max hp with eviolite.

Darnell

Respected.
I think bug types deserve a mention in c&c, as most can generally tank one hit and threaten to ohko beheeyem. Scyther and Accelgor are pretty much the only relevant ones since vivillon doesn't run bug buzz.
More specifically, accelgor typically runs focus sash and scyther generally is max hp with eviolite.
Thanks! Implemented.

Punchshroom

On the Specs set, mention that Shadow Ball has a chance to lower Special Defense, and also state that the effect is more relevant than Dark Pulse's chance to flinch given the set's low speed. You probably don't need to mention Psychic's Special Defense lowering effect when comparing it to Psyshock in that respect.

On the Trick Room set, you have Synchronize as the ability but talk about Analytic in Set Details. I'm going to go ahead and disagree on xzern's statement on Analytic's uselessness, as Analytic still boosts Beheeyem's power when hitting foes on the switch (which they will very likely do to stall out Trick Room), so just go ahead and replace Synchronize with Analytic.

Usage Tips on Trick Room:
- Given how few opponents actually outslow Beheeyem, Beheeyem probably doesn't need to be careful about setting up TR. If anything it wants to set it up as quickly as possible.
- Some of the usage tips focus too much on Nasty Plot when it's not even a main slash, so just mention it as a side option. Instead you can mention that Beheeyem is fairly safe about not predicting most opponents, as Analytic still gives Beheeyem good power on resisted switch-ins, but must be more wary against Dark-type switch-ins, especially those with Sucker Punch.

QC 2/3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)