Bellossom

Haha yeah. The one with all the offensive attacks gets the better overall defenses, while the one with a piss poor list of offensive attacks gets the higher attack stat.

Oh, you're so funny Game Freak!

>:(

People still think Grass/Poison is disgusting typing? xD

It's pretty damn good for UU.
It has its ups and downs. It removes your resistance to Ground but grants a resistance to Fighting. Other then that the majority of the changes are something of a wash, still Poison isn't a terrible type defensively so I wouldn't call Grass/Poison a bad typing, no.

Gets rid of Poison, and Bug weaknesses, adding only a Psychic weakness. Making the typical 5-weakness grass-type into a 4 Weakness (psychic, ice, fire, flying) grass/poison-type.

Bellossom also gets Growth... that works like Cheer Up- boosting Atk & SpA. It could aid in mixed or special sets.

I think I might have made a viable Bellossom. Although it still has weaknesses to some mons. What doesn't though? :I Well, except most OU pokes. I guess you can say an OU poke is a poke that can fight almost any poke no matter what type it or the opponent is. XD

^That's not true. OU Pokemon are not perfect, and most of them have weaknesses that can be exploited even by certain Pokemon in UU.

Anyway, Bellossom has nothing to make it unique. It is probably the most bland Grass-type in existence in terms of battling capability (it's still extremely cute, though!). It really needed Quiver Dance. Yes, it would still be outclassed by Lilligant, but at least it would make it unique in the tier below Lilligant's.

^That's not true. OU Pokemon are not perfect, and most of them have weaknesses that can be exploited even by certain Pokemon in UU.

Anyway, Bellossom has nothing to make it unique. It is probably the most bland Grass-type in existence in terms of battling capability (it's still extremely cute, though!). It really needed Quiver Dance. Yes, it would still be outclassed by Lilligant, but at least it would make it unique in the tier below Lilligant's.
The poor thing doesn't even get Leech Seed.

Honestly, Lilligant seems to > Bellossom in every way, unless you want to go the SD route with LEAF BLADE AND RETURN AND... DRAIN PUNCH?

Well I haven't made it yet, but i've got a shiny bellAWESOME from the third gen. i plan to move it up to bw soon with this set. (it got double-edge from the emerald tutor, in case u were curious)

bellAWESOME (mixed sweeper)
@ white herb / choice scarf/band
Chlorophyll
Naughty nature
252 atk / 4 sp atk / 252 spe

leaf storm
double edge / return / swords dance
leaf blade
drain punch / swords dance

I want to give it swords dance for the power, tho i doubt it wuld have time to set up. i was thinking of giving it return instead of double edge but i figured that it probably wouldn't last long enuf for recoil to make a difference.

Dunno, maybe a mixed sweeping set like this culd be viable in the sun (or at least for kicks and giggles lol)

EDIT: not that it would make a difference, but since bellawesome's (i use this name cause its easier to spell lol) sp def is higher than defense, i spose a lonely nature might be better

She truly is a bellAWESOME. Kudos to the person who coined the term.

I've been testing out a modest build and bold build having nearly the same moveset to great effect.

bellAWESOMER
@Heat rock/Zoom lens
Modest/Bold
Modest: 100 hp/ 255 spatt/ 155 spd Bold: 252 hp/252 df
Solar Beam
Hyper Beam/Stun spore
Moonlight
Sunny Day

My gosh, at a glance, it looks like it wouldn't be effective yet IT IS. She is able to defeat Tyranitars and Excadrills.

Bold Bellossom takes only 30% from an Excadrills earthquake, sets up sunny day, and is able to 2HKO it back with Solarbeam. She is able moonlight up 75% of its hp back to take repeated hits from anything that can't OHKO it. The bold version runs stun spore to paras switch ins then she herself switches out{because usually they bring in a fire-type, she's basically a fire type magner, drawing them all to her}. The bold version is what's running zoom lens, to boost stun spore's 75% acc to 95%. Really succesful and her uninvested special attack is still able to break subs with solar beam, so that matters too.

Modest Bellossom uses Hyper Beam in place of stun spore and heat rock instead of zoom lens. Hyper Beam is for anything that resists solar beam like dragons and fire types, hopeless yeah but she has knocked out some pokes with hyper beam before. It even happened in a battle vid if you check that battle video thread. The speed investments is so that sunny day will allow her to outrun most of the metagame. If you max it out, she won't have enough bulk to survive things like Outrage{she managed to survive an outrage thanks to the HP investment, if she was fully invested in her offensive stats, she would have been KO'd.

So yeah this moveset is bellAWESOME.

She truly is a bellAWESOME. Kudos to the person who coined the term.

I've been testing out a modest build and bold build having nearly the same moveset to great effect.

bellAWESOMER
@Heat rock/Zoom lens
Modest/Bold
Modest: 100 hp/ 255 spatt/ 155 spd Bold: 252 hp/252 df
Solar Beam
Hyper Beam/Stun spore
Moonlight
Sunny Day

My gosh, at a glance, it looks like it wouldn't be effective yet IT IS. She is able to defeat Tyranitars and Excadrills.

Bold Bellossom takes only 30% from an Excadrills earthquake, sets up sunny day, and is able to 2HKO it back with Solarbeam. She is able moonlight up 75% of its hp back to take repeated hits from anything that can't OHKO it. The bold version runs stun spore to paras switch ins then she herself switches out{because usually they bring in a fire-type, she's basically a fire type magner, drawing them all to her}. The bold version is what's running zoom lens, to boost stun spore's 75% acc to 95%. Really succesful and her uninvested special attack is still able to break subs with solar beam, so that matters too.

Modest Bellossom uses Hyper Beam in place of stun spore and heat rock instead of zoom lens. Hyper Beam is for anything that resists solar beam like dragons and fire types, hopeless yeah but she has knocked out some pokes with hyper beam before. It even happened in a battle vid if you check that battle video thread. The speed investments is so that sunny day will allow her to outrun most of the metagame. If you max it out, she won't have enough bulk to survive things like Outrage{she managed to survive an outrage thanks to the HP investment, if she was fully invested in her offensive stats, she would have been KO'd.

So yeah this moveset is bellAWESOME.
Hyper beam should be replaced with Hidden power ice,fire,or ground.

I just got a new Bellossom that has a good hidden power type. My wild caught bellossom is ghetto and has a hidden power of ground on her with an attack of 30-40, very poor if you ask me, so I had to give her hyper beam in its place which turned out to work some wonders, 150 attack power off a max EV modest special attack does quite some damage as a last resort type attack. She usually uses it when theres nothing else that can be done.

Since my team is made up of favorites, she happens to be the team's anti-weather mon. She is able to fight against Politoed and Tyranitar and scare them away with a super effective solar beam while being able to change the weather on them. If using the bold version, you can use stun spore on the switch in. It's works quite well, I'm glad I kept working on her till she had a good move set. Nearly every poke has great potential with the right EVs.

I'd rather use that weak Hidden Power Ground than Hyper Beam. Just a little advice, Hyper Beam / Giga Impact is a terrible idea on nearly every Pokemon in nearly every situation.

And Excadrill also learns X-Scissor, so Bellossom is not a counter. And it's slower than Tyranitar, who can also hit it with powerful moves before it does anything.

Bellosom is rather average, outclassed, and unremarkable since it does what pretty much every other Grass type does in the game.

Here is a Bellossom set that I have been using recently:

Bellossom@Leftovers
252 HP/104 Def./152 Sp.Def
Calm/Bold
-Stun Spore
-Teeter Dance
-Substitute
-Giga Drain

While it may seem gimmicky, this Bellossom has gotten me quite a few wins on Random Match up. I simply paralyze the enemy with Stun Spore and then confuse them with Teeter Dance. From here I rely on hax to help me out, but Substitute is used to stall them out until they don't attack. Giga Drain is for healing and a little damage. It even managed to survive a Dragon Gem boosted Draco Meteor from a Latios once, which I think is impressive.

Aerodactyl legend: Well, that's on my ghetto Bellossom since I now have a good Bellossom with a hidden power 70. Hyper Beam looks like a bad idea on paper, but the Bellossom actually KO'd a full hp OU poke with it. When I think about it, bp 150 is stronger than even a super effective hidden power at 70{140}, and with her speed under sunny day, she at least hits first before they knock her out. Hyper Beam is more like her last attempt after she's set up sunny day on the modest version.

And Excadrill can't KO a Bellossom that's invested even a little in defenses, my bold Bellossom survived an X-scissor, stun spore'd the Excadrill and was able to go first the next turn. The same holds true against Tyranitar. None of Tyranitar's attacks are able to KO Bellossom, even if it goes first, the next turn it will always go last due to Sunny Day or Stun Spore, thus, allowing Bellossom to moonlight on the next turn and she's able to stall Tyranitar afterwards even if it uses Crunch. Even a Bellossom that has had little investment in speed will still outspeed Tyranitar under Sunny Day{and obviously if its been stun spore'd.}

Bellossom truly has been overlooked. She is an incredible anti-sandstorm poke. Many Excadrill have faultered thinking that she was an easy KO, only to find themeselves paralyzed/under sunny day weather and being forced to switch out/stay in and be KO'd. The best part about stun spore is that almost nothing in the game resists. Bellossom really messes up teams, especially the bold version. Only the modest version has failed a few times, but she is ghetto cause she doesn't have stun spore. The bold, stun spore version is where it's at. Sporing anything that resists Solar beam has proven to be a great strategy.

To reduce confusion, I will post the builds seperately.

bellAWESOMEST {The version that's able to compete in the OU tier on PO.}
@Zoom lens
Bold
Bold: 252 hp/252 df
Solar Beam
Stun spore
Moonlight
Sunny Day

Ghetto Bellossom {My in-game Bellossom which couldn't be bold and has wild IVs, so I gave her a more offensive moveset and she is still tearing things up like out speeding and taking out a fully EV trained HAXORUS with out stun spore while under the sun. Surviving non-stab super effective attacks on random matchup, etc.}
@Heat rock
Modest
Modest: 100 hp/ 255 spatt/ 155 spd
Solar Beam
Hyper Beam
Moonlight
Sunny Day

Either version: If she manages to set up Sunny Day{and she will if the opponent doesn't have a stab, super effective attack} she will bound back with moonlight if she survives the next turn, or if damage is less than 50%, she will stun spore them if they don't carry taunt or are about to switch out. If they take neutral from Solar Beam and are slower than her after sunny day, she will strike with that instead. The purpose of Zoom Lens is to paralyze something when sunny day isn't up and she only has 1 turn to do something of importance before being 2 HKO'd by something. Under the sun, She is able to check things like Gyarados, Politoed, Tyranitar, Gliscor{2HKO with Solarbeam}, Swampert{OHKO}, Starmie, Landorus{2HKO} and tons of others. Her counters are any fire types like Chandelure, who can OHKO her with Fire Blast and go first if sunny day isn't up. If it is, she will attempt to stun spore anything she outspeeds before being KO'd by a sunny day boosted fire attack. If hax takes effect and the fire poke is paralyzed that turn, she is able to switch out without being burned. I would say steel types, but she can just stun spore them and switch out without taking much damage from them.

A good OU partner for her is Jellicent, who will resist all attacks that bellossom is weak to {bug, fire}, as well as Bellossom being able to resist attacks that Jellicents is neutral or weak to{ground, electric, grass,}. Moonlight under the sun, which she can manipulate and set up against perma weatherers, allows her incredible recovery, being able to regain a huge amount. However, the only drawback is that it will reduce the effectiveness of Jellicent's water type attacks, although in the mean time, she can just stall out till sunny day runs out.

Solar Beam has issues that have been brought up many times before. If something comes in and changes the weather on you, you end up using a 2 turn, 60 BP attack. It's not reliable. Hyper Beam is almost never a good idea on anything. The required recharge turn means that you're giving your opponent a free turn to do whatever they want.

Bellossom just isn't that threatening. It's slow and weak and has a very poor movepool. Everything it does can be done better by another Grass-type. There are much better users of Chlorophyll out there.

PokeMontage: About the weather changers, that is what stun spore is for. You predict that they will switch in their weather changer if its still alive and you stun spore on the switch in, this has happened many times and ended with the politoed/tyranitar being crippled for the rest of the match if not sweeper food.

Once the weather changer is out of the fight, she is free to bring up sunny day and start solarbeaming with a bp of 180 after stab on anything that can't resist it. Even with slightly invested speed, she outspeeds many things already. Anything faster than her will activate zoom lens and allow her to use a 95% acc stun spore. Her being slower is actually an advantage here. And because her bold nature gives her 295 defense off a decent 354 hp, plus recovery from moonlight under the sun, she's able to pseudo-stall many things.

Forget hyper beam, that's on the ghetto Bellossom. XI I'm just saying out of her poor movepool, putting that on the modest version{which is for fun, not OU play} actually helped her out a lot against frailer sweepers when she would have otherwise gone down without doing much damage{it was worth mentioning because she knocked out a dragon with it and its worth using if you know she is going to be KO'd that turn and she is faster than the oppossing poke}. Of course, she is hopeless trying to fight steel types that resist her attacks and fire types, but at least even if they take her down, she might have paralyzed them with stun spore. Basically, this is the best you can make with her poor movepool, and it does pretty well still, I have many PO fights logged showing her causing mayhem against some OU pokes. The fact that she does well against Tyranitar, Gliscor, and Excadrill have prompted me to post about this.

There are plenty of things that are either faster and/or stronger than her under the sun - Venusaur, Victreebel, Exeggcutor, Shiftry, Tangrowth, Lilligant. What exactly can Bellossom do that they can't do better? There isn't even any gimmicky niche she can fulfill because her movepool is so barren and lacks anything unique. Even Teeter Dance was stolen by Lilligant. There is literally no reason to use her unless you're doing it solely because you like her (which is okay, but I'm speaking from a competitive standpoint).

Pokemontage: I guess her only advantage over all those pokes mentioned is that her initial slow speed allows her to have the most accurate stun spore in game at 95% acc after zoom lens.

Except for the Grass/Poison types on that list who take neutral from earthquake while she is able to resist it. Bold Bellossom I'm sure survives a X-scissor from Excadrill.

I will say though that some of those pokes mentioned are more versatile, being able to take out a wide variety of pokes on their own{sleep powder venusaur in the sun}, although Bellossom is suppose to be the team's support and anti-weather, yet just like you, I thought she wouldn't do much in the beggining, but she's beat up a fair amount of pokes. But yeah, with lack of powerful coverage, she is quite limited in her offensive versatility due to many things turning her solarbeam into a bp of 90 attack after resist. :{ So yes, there are more powerful grass types who are far more useful in a wide variety of situations. There are some pokes she can't touch at all, especially if prediction is good {taunting before sunny day, stun spore, etc.}

Anyways, here are some good situations Bellossoms been in. :}
Tier: BW OU
Variation: +15, -17
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Fulgrate: ?
Fulgrate sent out Bellossom!
TehBazzard sent out Gliscor!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Gliscor used Protect!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!

Bellossom used Stun Spore!

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Gliscor used Swords Dance!
The foe's Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!

Bellossom used Sunny Day!
The sunlight turned harsh!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 3
Bellossom used SolarBeam!
The foe's Gliscor lost 57% of its health!

The foe's Gliscor used Ice Fang!
It's super effective!
Bellossom lost 220 HP! (62% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Gliscor used Protect!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 5
A critical hit!
The foe's Gliscor lost 67% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

Here she is fighting 3 OU pokes, note what she does to the counter that switches in. D:
Start of turn 10
Fulgrate called Emboar back!

The foe's Slowbro used Psychic!
Bellossom lost 108 HP! (30% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!
Bellossom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Slowbro is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Slowbro restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11
Motto called Slowbro back!
Motto sent out Celebi!
The foe's Celebi is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Celebi is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 12

The foe's Celebi used Psychic!
Bellossom lost 141 HP! (39% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 13
Bellossom used Moonlight!
Bellossom regained health!

The foe's Celebi used Psychic!
Bellossom lost 138 HP! (38% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14
Motto called Celebi back!
Motto sent out Tyranitar!
The foe's Tyranitar is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Tyranitar is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Tyranitar is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 16

The foe's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Fulgrate's team!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 17
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 62% of its health!

The foe's Tyranitar is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 18
Motto called Tyranitar back!
Motto sent out Scizor!
The foe's Scizor is hurt by spikes!

It's not very effective...
The foe's Scizor lost 11% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 19
The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Bellossom lost 132 HP! (37% of its health)
The foe's Scizor is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Scizor is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sunlight is strong!

Here's an example of the synergy she has with Jellicent.
Tier: Wifi
Variation: +12, -20
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Venator sent out Axel! (Swampert)

Start of turn 1
The foe's Axel is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Axel used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
Bellossom lost 140 HP! (39% of its health)

Start of turn 2

The foe's Axel used Stealth Rock!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 3

The foe's Axel is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 4
It's super effective!
The foe's Axel lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Axel fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Venator sent out Infernape!

Start of turn 5
Fulgrate called Bellossom back!
Fulgrate sent out Jellicent!
Pointed stones dug into Jellicent!

The foe's Infernape used Blaze Kick!
Jellicent lost 113 HP! (27% of its health)
The foe's Infernape is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sunlight is strong!

An example of a bulky water vs Bellossom.
Start of turn 22
Emboar used Wild Charge!
It's super effective!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 44% of its health!
Emboar is hit with recoil!

The foe's Vaporeon used Scald!
It's super effective!
Emboar lost 242 HP! (67% of its health)
Emboar fainted!

The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Pointed stones dug into Bellossom!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Vaporeon used Protect!
The foe's Vaporeon protected itself!

The sunlight is strong!
Bellossom is hurt by poison!
The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 24Start of turn 10
The foe's Excadrill used Earthquake!
Jellicent lost 53 HP! (13% of its health)
Jellicent fainted!
Jellicent's Cursed Body activates!
The foe's Excadrill's Earthquake was disabled!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Excadrill used Rapid Spin!
Bellossom lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)
The foe's Excadrill blew away Spikes!
The foe's Excadrill blew away Stealth Rock!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12
Superman4theWin called Excadrill back!
Superman4theWin sent out Tyranitar!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13

It's super effective!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 52% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon fainted!

An example of Bellossom forcing an Excadrill to switch out and Tyranitar getting stun spored.
Start of turn 10
The foe's Excadrill used Earthquake!
Jellicent lost 53 HP! (13% of its health)
Jellicent fainted!
The foe's Excadrill's Earthquake was disabled!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Excadrill used Rapid Spin!
Bellossom lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)
The foe's Excadrill blew away Spikes!
The foe's Excadrill blew away Stealth Rock!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 12
Superman4theWin called Excadrill back!
Superman4theWin sent out Tyranitar!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13

Bellossom's late game sweep with a sunny day powered Solar Beam, even against pokes that resist it, if their life has been widdled down, a 180 bp attack will take them out even if resisted. Note the fire type that she outspeeds in this sweep.

Start of turn 22
The foe's Dragon Fly used Earthquake!
Jellicent lost 52 HP! (12% of its health)
Jellicent fainted!
The foe's Dragon Fly's Earthquake was disabled!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's Dragon Fly is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Dragon Fly used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Bellossom lost 76 HP! (21% of its health)
Luki Wafladif called Dragon Fly back!
Luki Wafladif sent out GreatSantini! (Tauros)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's GreatSantini!
The foe's GreatSantini is hurt by spikes!

The foe's GreatSantini intimidates Bellossom!
Bellossom's Attack fell!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 24
The foe's GreatSantini is fast asleep!

A critical hit!
The foe's GreatSantini lost 62% of its health!
The foe's GreatSantini fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Luki Wafladif sent out Dragon Fly! (Flygon)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragon Fly!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Dragon Fly lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Dragon Fly fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Luki Wafladif sent out Lumpy Lego! (Magmortar)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Lumpy Lego!
The foe's Lumpy Lego is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 26
The foe's Lumpy Lego lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Lumpy Lego fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Luki Wafladif sent out Stupid Dino! (Tyranitar)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Stupid Dino!
The foe's Stupid Dino is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Stupid Dino fainted!

Anyways, yes, there are better grass type sweepers than her, but in some of those situations presented, would some of the pokemon on that list wouldn't have been able to do what she did. {Taking only 30% from a Celebi's psychic on the switch, while Venusaur, being part poison, would have taken a super effective hit. I guess Lilligant might have done better if it was defensively EV'd the way Bellossom is.}

So what I'm saying is, that I think the defensive Bellossom{not modest} has a niche as a grass type weather changer that is able to fight politoed/tyranitar and change the weather on them. I think Lilligant would rather be offensive. But since Bellossom has no choice but to be defensive, this gives her some kind of niche, right? D:

Just a nitpick, but Butterfree has the most accurate Stun Spore in the game. :) Compoundeyes go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)