Belly dancing ninja (Medicham discussion)

Last discussion was REALLY crappy, find it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17295&highlight=Medicham+discussion
60 HP/60 Attack/75 Defense/60 Sp. Attack/75 Sp. Defense/80 Speed
Ability: Pure Power:Medicham's Attack is doubled

Notable physical movepool
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Force Palm
High Jump Kick
Reversal
Focus Punch
Return
Frustration
Brick Break
Drain Punch
Rock Slide
Poison Jab
Psycho Cut
Bullet Punch

Notable special movepool
Hidden Power
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Grass Knot

Notable support movepool
Meditate
Detect
Mind Reader
Power Trick
Recover
Calm Mind
Toxic
Bulk Up
Protect
Rest
Endure
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Baton Pass
Guard Swap

I can see Medicham Power Swapping an SD from a BPing Celebi, have it switch out and hurt the switch-in pokemon.

Possible movesets

CBcham
Medicham@ Choice Band
Trait: Pure Power
EVs:?
Adamant nature
- Force Palm
- Thunderpunch
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch/Poison Jab

That last slot is really a filler. Bullet Punch hits Ttar.

CScham
Medicham@ Choice Glasses
EVs:252/SpA 252/Speed 6/HP
Modest nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball/Grass Knot
- Psychic/HP Ice

Baton Passer
Medicham@ Leftovers
Evs:?
Naughty/Lonely nature
- Baton Pass
- Meditate/Bulk Up
- Calm Mind
- Mind Reader/Force Palm

I know Mind Reader shouldn't be there, but it would be cool passing those.

Mixcham
Medicham@ Life Orb
EVs:48 Atk / 232 SpAtk / 228 Spd
Naive/Lonely nature
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Same EVs as Mixape.

Endure+Reversal
Medicham@ Salac Berry
Adamant nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- High Jump Kick
- Bullet Punch

Outclassed by Lucario.

CMcham
Medicham@ Leftovers
Modest nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball/HP Ice

Overall, this guy is a monster. His not so average stats might earn him a spot in BL thanks to Lucario, but he can do some big damage. What do you think of him?

I can see Medicham Guard Swapping Skarm and then Fire Punching it.

Guard Swap only swaps stat changes apparently.

=/

I don't understand why you would want to use Force Palm (60 bp) instead of High Jump Kick, which is now a decent 100 base power.

I agree with Ice Punch for Dragons and Psycho Cut for Weezing.

Bullet Punch is unSTAB'd and probably doesn't do all that much to T-tar. Poison Jab would (iirc) do more to Celebi only, and Ice Punch has just 5 less base power. I think Thunderpunch is a nice fourth move for Gyarados, who easily shrugs off the other 3 moves. Either TP or Focus Punch to hit anything hard on the switch in except ghosts.

Choice Scarf or Band is still the way to go imo, unless you're on a 2v2 team and you wanna mess around with guard swap or something.

Medicham @ CS or CB
Adamant, Pure Power
Hi Jump Kick
Psycho Cut
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch
(is this legal with ice punch?)

Force Palm is pretty much crap. I want to test both choice items. The scarf helps big time, but could prevent him from OHKOing some things that could OHKO him back. Definitely one of my favorite pokemon.

@SirSpanky: Bullet Punch will be great for revenge kills. I use fake out on my advance medicham for similar reasons. Switch in on something injured and faster and you'll be surprised how often they fall for it. It probably only works with the CB though

Needs more choice scarf set. Basically the same set as choice band but with the scarf

^^ Medicham learns the punches via heart scale so I guess its level up

I disagree with Ice Punch for dragons, completely:

Medicham's(Max Attack, Jolly) Hi Jump Kick on Garchomp(4 HP/0 Def)
88-100%

Medicham's(Max Attack, Jolly) Psycho Cut on Garchomp(4 HP/0 Def)
61-73%

Medicham's(Max Attack, Jolly) Psycho Cut on Salamence(4 HP/0 Def)
77-90%

So don't waste a moveslot on Ice Punch.

88-100%

61-73%

77-90%

Yeah, but not all Garchomp aren't bulky, and Ice Punch does a huge number on Gliscor.

Claydol, Celebi, Exeggutor all resist Fighting, Electric and Psychic. I'd rather make sure I can OHKO Dragons and not get walled by those three.

88-100%

61-73%

77-90%

For salamence, try calculating intimidate into mence's.
Anyway, medicham is easily walled by cresselia, and CB is better than CS on him.

Medicham can't reach it's max potential without Adamant Nature, and there's a considerable difference between Jolly Max Att and Adamant Max Att after Huge Power of course...

When Jolly -> 438
When Adamany -> 480

Difference = 42

MMMM well ain't too much but still with 480 + Choice Band Medicham could rape whole teams, well it did in Advance, now it's kinda stopped by Dusknoir and Gliscor (without Ice Punch)

I compare Cham with Heracross when countering Tyranitar, Hera likes to switch into either Earthquake or Crunch when Cham likes to switch into Stone Edges, they both survive withhout Evs into HP or Defenses

Medicham can't reach it's max potential without Adamant Nature, and there's a considerable difference between Jolly Max Att and Adamant Max Att after Huge Power of course...

When Jolly -> 438
When Adamany -> 480

Difference = 42

MMMM well ain't too much but still with 480 + Choice Band Medicham could rape whole teams, well it did in Advance, now it's kinda stopped by Dusknoir and Gliscor (without Ice Punch)

I compare Cham with Heracross when countering Tyranitar, Hera likes to switch into either Earthquake or Crunch when Cham likes to switch into Stone Edges, they both survive withhout Evs into HP or Defenses
Yeah they survive, but only Heracross can hit Tyranitar on the switch out with Pursuit and TTar resists it anyways -_-;. Medicham and Heracross aren't good at all at switching in on CBtar. Hera and Medi are FAR from TTar counters thanks to their horrid defenses.

It's one thing to survive, but another to be completely useless after switching in and scaring off Tyranitar.

With Adamant Psycho Cut still 2kos salamence with CB.

With CS it can 2ko with SR down.

Untill Celebi bcomes popular I see no reason for Ice Punch.

Claydol, Celebi, Exeggutor all resist Fighting, Electric and Psychic. I'd rather make sure I can OHKO Dragons and not get walled by those three.
You might like to add Gliscor, who has high defense, resists fighting, and is immune to electric. Of course, psychic does get him, but not much thanks to his high defense. Is ice punch is a guarenteed OHKO though?

Jolly CB Ice Punch will OHKO a max/max+ Gliscor. Psycho Cut is a 3HKO on the same Gliscor, and remains a 3HKO even with Adamant.

It's not like he has many better options over Ice Punch, and that guaranteed KO on some very common Pokemon is more worth it than anything else imo. Or just use Fake Out.

I don't get the Mind Reader passing comment, it only works for the very next turn and that's it.

Medicham is made for Choice Scarf by the way. 80 Speed is just perfect. Medicham's main issue is being somewhat outclassed by Heracross now that he got a good Fighting move as well.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
This is what I'd use with choice band:
-Psycho Cut
-HJK
-Ice Punch
-Fake Out/Focus Punch

Thunderpunch is unnecessary with cb since jolly psycho cut does 53-63% to a bulky gyarados (390 hp/239 def aka jump's evs). I'd only use tpunch with choice scarf to stop gyara from sweeping. I really like fake out in general since damage seems to be more permanent this generation with fewer pokemon using leftovers.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Another option for Medicham is Life Orb. It can't really take a hit anyway, and it resists Stealth Rock, so 10% isn't a big deal.

Medicham@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Hi Jump Kick
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Psycho Cut

Pretty sure this 2HKOs everything with prediction.

I like the Expert Belt idea. You can bluff a Choice Band/Scarf and Fighting, Psychic, Ice, Electric scores enough super effective hits to make it worthwhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)