Bemani fans? (DDR, IIDX, GF, DM, Pop'n)

Just wondering if there are any other fans of the wonderful assortment of music that make up the universe of bemani (konami's line of music/rhythm games). The vast majority of Americans probably know what DDR is but significantly less know anything about games like Beatmania IIDX or Guitar Freaks or Drum Mania...Pop'n Music is understandable b/c it's practically nonexistant in American arcades. The styles of music that make up the IIDX (pronounced 2-Dee-Ex) are so varied there is virtually no chance that there isn't at least a few songs/pieces you wouldn't fall in love with. Granted, at least half of the soundtrack for ddr/iidx is electronica so if you don't like that at all you might not like very much overall. Because these games hail from Japan of course, there is a good amount of J-Pop/Rock songs (Drum Mania and Guitar Freaks are almost entirely comprised of it) but I, personally, found it to be a new genre of music that I grew to at least appreciate even if I don't love it as much as American Classic Rock or something else.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is either already a fan of bemani music or after having read my essay on the topic would be interested in contacting me so I could send some samples of its music to possibly spark a new interest. I absolutely love opening new peoples' eyes to the awesomeness of bemani music.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I'm pretty good at DDR/ITG and especially Stepmania. Love the work of "Shiki", especially Sepia.

I'm pretty good at DDR/ITG and especially Stepmania. Love the work of "Shiki", especially Sepia.
What sorts of songs do you play, chaos?

Also, I play DDR whenever I visit my arcade (which is very rarely), and I'm pretty damn good. I always play heavy, if not challenge.
Stepmania is good too, but that makes you fat ):

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
whatevers available, heavy stuff on ddr, really hard keyboard files on stepmania. theres a video of me playing part of pandemonium i think from when DoomMullet visited me irl, but besides that i dont have much in the way of videos.

Panda is good at DDR, and StepMania.

Also plays IIDX and other Bemani games.

I have a Cobalt Flux DDR mat (which is 250 dollars).

DDR was my first love. Second being Pokemon. <3

I also keep up with all of the music releases.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Samba De Amigo is probably my most favorite one of them all. You don't realize how fun it is to shake maracas to songs until you've done so.

I like DDR, but I'm not very good at it.

DM - You do know Guitar Hero applies to this genre, yes? Unless that's what ITG is.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
i actually just bought my furst ddr game (supernova) and it should arrive soon! like in the next hour hopefully >( im getting pretty excited and if all goes well ill be downloading stepmania soon.

i think it's a no brainer that i like the music since its the usual stuff i normally listen to (dance/house/trance/whatever it may be called)

~
yay, i got it about an hour ago^^ and i had a vague idea of some of the songs but i was shocked to find l.e.f from ferry corsten on it, one of my fav songs by him ;3

My mom is a DDR nut, and most of her home play consists of using Stepmania in tandem with a 360 dance pad. When I play DDR, it's for recreation rather than getting better, although people usually expect me to be better because of my ethnicity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)