ORAS OU BENNY WONG'S EGGROLL MASTERPIECE

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.

INTRODUCTION
Sup Smogon. Due to the recent lack of good/entertaining teams in the RMT forum, I've decided to post my own team to help fix this and get more activity in this sub forum from better battlers. A new suspect ladder has recently been implemented, and many people are anxious to dive right in the Mega Metagross less metagame. This team was built a few weeks before the suspect started, but it still has managed to be pretty successful in the suspect metagame, allowing me to get the required 2700 COIL and the top #2 spot pretty easily. I've been pretty pleased with the end result of the final team.

This team was built with one goal in mind: Destroy those shitty balanced cores that are plaguing the shitpool in what you guys call a ladder. At the time this team was built, the ladder was spammed with the same generic balanced builds of Rotom-w/Lando-t/Heatran/*insert grass type here*. I wanted to make my team have a favorable matchup against these balance cores right from the get go. This team utilizes a very underrated but potent threat in the OU metagame today: Kyurem-B.

lel wtf is a teambuilding process i just put 6 random pokes on my team and it always turns out well n_n

So, as stated before, the ladder was filled with those same generic balance builds of Rotom-W/Lando-T/Heatran/Celebi/Hippo that you see all the time. I wanted to build a team that could easily pick apart these cores. One pokemon immediately sprang to my mind: Kyurem-B

Kyurem-b is a really good pokemon that shits on balance due to its phenomal mixed attacking stats. I knew right away that I wanted to use the specially offensive LO set as that would dismantle those cores the easiest. I've noticed that a bunch of balanced teams only have a Ferro/Clefable to tank hits from Kyurem-B, and so I wanted a pokemon that could easily switch in and destroy these two. Also, this team was built before the suspect started, so Mega Metagross was annoying as well since it could switch in on an Ice Beam and then threaten me with a KO. Which leads me to the next member of the team.

Victini is a massively underrated pokemon in OU. However, it synergizes quite well with Kyurem-b, as they both have good bulk and the ability to tear apart teams with their high powered attacks. I decided to go with the classic CB set as it was capable of nuking balanced and stall teams that lacked proper switch ins. It was a match made in heaven: Kyurem-b can come in on grounds/waters that like switching on on Victini, such as Heatran, Rotom-W, Hippo, Lando-t, and Victini can come in on the various steel and fairy types that like switching in on Kube, such as Clefable, Ferro, Mega Scizor, Metagross. Now, at this point, I was loving this offensive duo, but their were some obvious flaws. Both were destroyed by Keldeo, the #1 most used pokemon in tournament play. Both also had an annoying stealth rock weakness that would limit their survivability tremendously, and so I needed some sort of hazard control.

Latias fits in with this duo quite well. It provided me with a much needed Keldeo switch in as well as defogging those pesky rocks away from my side of the field. Latias seemingly looks like one of the best pokemon in the tier, with its offensive presence, speed, and defensive utility, but it has some incredibly obvious flaws: it's pursuit bait. Tyranitar could come in at will and remove Latias permanently for the rest of the game. Another dark type, Bisharp, could also pursuit you or even Swords Dance and then sweep my team. Another threat that destroys both Kube + Victini was Terrakion, and Latias simply could not afford to switch in those types of physical attacks. I needed a pokemon that could check all the aforementioned threats.

Hippowdon found its place in the team, being an excellent answer to Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Terrakion that could prove to be problematic, as well as countering other things like Zard X that could set up on Victini. It also served as the team's primary rock resist and Stealth Rock setter. I was loving the layout of the team thus far, but one obvious issue soon became apparent: I was lacking a Lati switch in myself. This was huge, because Lati@s could come in after a kill on my Kyurem-b & Victini, and just proceed to drop powerful Draco Meteors. I needed someway to have a switch in then get rid of them. I also needed another birdspam check, as Hippo probably wouldn't be enough, seeing as how those types of teams spam powerful flying attackers to overwhelm the physical wall.

Choice Scarf Tyranitar was added to have a solid Lati switch in and to trap and remove them from the game. With its great defense stat and rock typing, it proved to be a valuable asset when fighting bird spam as well. Even more, Scarf Ttar acted as a secondary Bisharp check if my Hippowdon somehow got flinched by Iron Head or was too weak. Quickly glancing at my team, I noticed how Azumarill practically got a kill whenever it switched in safely, as nothing in my team liked switching in on it. Keldeo was another problematic threat if paired with a pursuit user, as everything besides Latias just gets destroyed by it. I also had no mega. By this time, it became clear what the final member of my team would be: Mega Venusaur

THE TEAM AT A GLANCE

IN DEPTH:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Tyranitar is my lead, if those exist in ORAS (they really don't). One pokemon thats quickly gaining popularity as a lead in ORAS is Azelf, which swiftly gets taken care of turn 1. Tyranitar serves a bunch of functions for my team. Most importantly, he's a solid switch to the Lati twins and can remove them with a Pursuit, so they can no longer just come in and fire off free Draco Meteors. It also gets rid of another would be troublesome pokemon, Gengar, as that could come in on Victini, Kyurem-b, and Mega Venusaur and make their lives miserable. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Tyranitar is an effective answer to bird spam teams, as it can just spam Stone Edge against them. Due to Tyranitar resisting dark moves, it can also revenge kill +2 Bisharp in a pinch. Ironically, my team also lacks solid switch ins to opposing Kyurem-b besides Tyranitar, so Tyranitar is responsible for switching in and revenging.

The above EV spread is a standard max speed max attack spread. The first three moves are mandatory. I've seen some people not have Crunch for some reason, which seriously lacks in my opinion. Crunch is useful to KO those Celebi and Mew with some prior damage, and is just in general a good move to use against neutral targets. Superpower is by far the most replaceable move. One of the best alternative options besides Superpower is Ice Punch/Ice Beam, as that allows you to check Landorus since my check to that currently is Latias. However, I prefer Superpower because it enables me to KO Bisharp, weakened Ferro, as well as doing a solid chunk to Keldeo.

Alt options: Earthquake | Ice Punch | Ice Beam

Kyurem-b @ Life Orb
Ability: Terravolt
Nature: Mild (+SpA, -Def)
EVs: 64 Atk | 252 SpA | 192 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Kyurem-b is one of the most criminally underused pokemon in OU. It should be no wear NEAR the cutoff for UU in which its currently in. Kyurem-b is a nightmare for balance teams due to its above average speed, high physical and special attack, deep movepool, and excellent bulk. It tears apart your typical cores of Heatran/Rotom-W/Celebi/Landorus-T quite easily and the metagame in general lacks strong switch ins to this. In the suspect ladder, Kyurem-b only got better with the removal of Metagross since thats one less thing it has to worry about outspeeding and getting KOed by. Apart from its high attacking stats, Kyurem-b is no slouch defensively as well, being able to check +3 Manaphy, +1/+1 Gyarados, Specs Raikou, +6 Azumarill, etc. Altho scald burns can be quite a bit annoying, Kyurem-b can switch into most waters and threaten with a fusion bolt.

The following moveset gives you maximum type coverage. Ice Beam + Fusion Bolt provide you with the standard boltbeam core coming from BOTH attacking spectrums, meaning very few pokemon can come in on it safely. Earth Power takes care of those pesky steel types that like to come in on Kube just because it's an ice type, namely Heatran and Jirachi (yes Earth Power 2hkoes specially defensive Jirachi on the switch). With Terravolt, Earth Power also allows you to do enormous damage to levitate users as well, such as the omnipresent Rotom-W, Bronzong, and Gengar. Outrage, while being a Dragon STAB and the strongest attack in this set coming from Kube's larger attack stat, ironically is the least useful move out of these four. You will rarely need Outrage because Ice Beam + Fusion Bolt + Earth Power hits the vast majority of the metagame super effectively. One of the best alternative options you could run in place of Outrage is Roost, which gives Kyurem-b more longevity; however, I just use Outrage because its such a pet peeve for me to get walled by a fucking Chansey of all things.

The following EV spread allows me to hit as hard as powerful specially. 192 speed EVs are used to outspeed max neutral base 80's such as Dragonite and Gyarados. The remaining EVs go into attack to make my Fusion Bolt and Outrage have more firepower. A -Def nature is used over -SpDef because Kyurem-b is typically switched in on grasses and electrics, such as Mega Manectric, Mega Venu, and Raikou.

Alt options: HP Fire | Iron Head | Roost

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 116 HP | 240 Atk | 152 Spe
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- U-Turn
- Trick

Victini is massively underrated in the OU metagame. Altho it's only BL, it has quite a niche in ORAS being able to function as a super hard hitter that stall and balanced teams have difficulty tanking, and also a general Fairy/Steel check. Again, the reason why I chose Victini to be on this team was because it shares excellent offensive coverage with Kyurem-b. The things that like switching in on Kube the most (Mega Scizor, Ferro, Clefable, Sylveon, Metagross) are all incredibly threatened by Victini since it can just come in without fear against them and nuke something with V-Create. Victini is a 100% counter to all Metagross sets lacking EQ (no good players run EQ, its completely redundant on Metagross). If your opponent has one of the few switch ins to Victini (Heatran, Landorus-T, Rotom-W, Gliscor) simply click U-turn on their switch and send out Kyurem-b, which can threaten them back and force their team to tank a hit. I chose CB as its item because most of the time, its just spamming one attack anyways, and I want it to hit as hard as possible to tear wholes in the opposing team.

Because Victini is both used as a wallbreaker and an offensive pivot on key pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Metagross, I had to invest in both power and bulk. I put 152 speed EVs to outspeed positive max speed base 75's, such as Mega Scizor and Mega Heracross, before they +2 Knock Off or Rock Blast me, respectively. 116 HP allows Victini to tank hits from both Metagross and Gardevoir quite well, as they have minimal chances to even 3HKO:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Victini: 106-126 (28.6 - 34%) -- 1.3% chance to 3HKO
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 113-133 (30.5 - 35.9%) -- 45.4% chance to 3HKO

Meaning Victini can act as a solid check to them and KO them back in return. The remaining EVs go into attack for it to fulfill maximum offensive attacking potential. Gonna be completely honest here, 90% of the time, I will just either use V-Create or Bolt Strike on Victini. Bolt Strike is there whenever I predict a water type to come in and tank V-Create such as Slowbro, since I can 2HKO it. Trick is rarely used and is the most replaceable move on this set, but it can be used to cripple annoying pokemon such as Quagsire and if I desperately need to remove leftovers from Heatran. It can also be used as a last ditch, final resort to SD Bisharp (Trick on their Sucker Punch).

Alt options: Zen Headbut | Glaciate

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
EVs: 236 HP | 252 Def | 20 SpDef
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Hippowdon might not be the hardest hitting pokemon on this team, but it does its job damn well. Stealth Rock is mandatory on any competitive team and Hippo just happens to be a stellar Rock setter. It's also my primary rock resist as well and it functions as my team's physical wall, being able to soak up even immensely strong physical attacks. Hippowdon is the team's line of defense against threats such as Excadrill, Mega Lopunny, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Zard X, and a myraid of other threats. The reason why I chose Hippo over any other pokemon, let's say Landorus-t, is that Hippo has access to recovery, letting it stay alive for the whole duration of the match, unlike Lando-t, which gets wittled down so easily by spamming U-turn and switching into rocks so much. The other option would be Gliscor, but that lacks Hippo's raw bulk and the ability to beat threats such as Taunt Talonflame and Mega Pinsir.

The picture is misleading, to say the least. I made sure Hippowdon doesn't have Sand Stream and instead changed its ability to Sand Force so I don't hinder Venu's recovery. I would use Unnerve Tyranitar as well instead of Sand Stream, but I quickly realized how bad Tyranitar desperately needs its ability to be successful. I changed Tyranitar right back to Sand Stream after a Latios OHKOed my Tyranitar with Draco Meteor after SR damage.

The given EV spread makes Hippowdon as physically bulky as possible. 236 HP EVs gives Hippo the highest possible leftovers number which is beneficial, while its defense stat is maxed out completely. The remaining 20 EVs go into special defense. A bunch of people have a lot more special defense on Hippo because its their major way of combating electric types such as Thundurus, but I don't think its necessary for this team seeing as I have a Mega Venusaur to handle electrics quite well with a Tyranitar as backup. I'd much rather let Hippo take on threats such as Zard X as well as possible. The first 3 moves again, are mandatory. Stone Edge is the best move on the fourth slot to be able to KO Pinsir, Taunt Talonflame, and not lose against stupid shit like Excadrill with a Balloon.

Alt options: Whirlwind | Toxic | Ice Fang

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll -----> Thick Fat
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP | 104 Def | 136 SpDef | 16 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Mega Venusaur is one of the most overlooked pokemon in ORAS OU. Its just as effective in ORAS as it was in Mid XY. The amount of teams that struggle to break through Venu is absolutely staggering, because no one thinks about it during teambuilding. Mega Venu has drastically improved in the suspect ladder with the removal of a pokemon that practically came in for free against it everytime and threatened to KO. Not only that, but the removal of Metagross has caused several pokemon to rise in usage such as Altaria, Clefable, and Azu, namely fairy types. Mega Venusaur is well equipped to handle all the aforementioned threats. One specific fairy type, however, Mega Gardevoir, can break past Mega Venusaur. Thankfully, as shown before, Victini is a solid check to that and can then nuke something with V-Create. The duo of Mega Venusaur + Victini practically deals with all the fairy types in OU bar none. Venu is the so called "glue" to my team. It patches the obvious water weakness I have and is a hard switch in to things like Azumarill, Keldeo, and Mega Gyara that would otherwise steamroll right through the team. It's typing is a huge asset for me, providing me with a backup fairy + fighting resist, so it can take care of Lopunny and Terrakion if Hippowdon somehow got too weakened.

The above EV spread gives Mega Venusaur excellent tanking potential from both ends of the attacking spectrum. Obviously, Max HP is a given. 16 speed EVs are to outspeed max speed Adamant Azumarill, so you don't have to take a +6 Knock off (which still doesn't KO, btw). 136 special defense EVs are there to avoid the 3HKO from Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 136 SpD Mega Venusaur: 102-120 (28 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

The remaining EVs go into defense so Mega Venusaur can take on the likes of Mega Gyarados and Mega Lopunny.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mega Venusaur: 121-144 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Crunch vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mega Venusaur: 156-184 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

Because I was using Sand Stream on Tyranitar, I was super paranoid about not having reliable recovery since Synthesis gets cut down in half. So I gave Mega Venu three methods of recovery: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, and Synthesis. Leech Seed is incredibly useful for whittling down Heatran which loves coming in on Venu little by little. It also makes the premier special wall Chansey cry. Sludge bomb is mandatory so that Mega Altaria can't set up on you and you can actually beat it. The most replaceable move in this set is Leech Seed. HP Fire would definitely be the next useful option so Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor don't have free turns vs you, but I don't find it necessary as Victini can easily switch in on those two and nuke something hard with V-Create anyway.

Alt options: HP Fire | Sleep Powder

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA | 4 SpDef | 252 Spe
IVs: 29 HP | 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

The Latis are one of the most used pokemon in high levels of play, both in tournaments and top ladder. Their high special bulk, special attack, and speed make them a top choice for battlers as they are able to check a myraid of pokemon while providing excellent offensive pressure at the same time, all while outspeeding much of the tier to use Defog so your rock weak pokemon can breathe. The reason why I chose Latias over her twin brother is, quite frankly, I love defensive pokemon, so if theres a bulkier alternative to something, I'll more often than not go with it. Latias performs a vital role in this team by providing a second water resist, checking the likes of Keldeo, Zard Y, and especially Landorus which massively threatens the rest of the team. It's my defog user so its responsible for clearing out rocks so my Kyurem-b and Victini can come in more times throughout the match to unleash their high powered attacks.

Even with my disdain for standard 252/252 spreads I couldn't deny that there was no other better way to EV this. With Greninja's ban there is no reason to run the other spread with some special defense mixed in. 29 HP IVs puts you at 299 HP, a Life Orb number. The moveset is standard. Roost is the most exchangeable move, but I honestly prefer it over anything else because I depend on Latias a lot defensively so I want her to be able to heal hits off throughout the match.

Alt options: Surf, HP Fire. Do NOT use Thunderbolt, as Kyurem-b and Victini both have access to high powered electric type attacks and Mega Venu in general should keep most waters in check.

IMPORT AVAILABLE:
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 116 HP / 240 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 136 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

SHOUTOUTS:
Shoutout to all my frens in BOF, without you guys I definitely would've quit a while back. You guys are probably the main reason why I continue to play this shit game of pokemon. Thanks for making my experience in both PS and Smogon an enjoyable one n_n You guys are some of the top battlers as well, and its been an honor being with you guys :3 Too many individual people to shout out, so just shouting you guys out as a group.

Bof stand up...! seriously tho, very solid team with p much no glaring weaknesses. Tho protect ferro can b annoying as fuck with only tar and tini being able to threaten and both being choiced (maybe cube can dent with beam but im too lazy to calc), you gotta make some plays against shit like that but really what team isn't like that these days? only thing this rmt is missing is some nice traditional chinese music but w.e. Good post, fren.

Scotti

we back.
Quality user, Quality team, Quality Girlfriend.

For real though, a few thing I found cool to try is rock tomb on hippowdon to make it harder for set up sweepers to setup, but lacks the power of stone edge. Another cool option you can try is knock off on mega venusaur. This allows you to knock off leftovers on stall teams and eviolite on chansey(or random porygon2) making kyurem-b job a lot easier. You could even replace outrage completely, but if they have another mega venusaur counter then they probably wont bring in chansey.

That is all I have really nice team :D

amazing team and glad to see another kyurem-b user which should be a- tbh

so I really think outrage is kind of redundant when victini just completely wrecks common stall teams. you can double switch in to venusaur back to victini if needed on Chansey and put another hole in stall which can be seen by tele's team? generally these teams resort to heatran, but you can always switch out and go back to kyurem-b. heatran gets 2hkoed with correct prediction and gliscor lol takes a shit ton. pretty sure you use u-turn versus rotom but that means balanced team which your duo should take care of. roost gives you a better way to check crap like Raikou and other things its typing offers, and restore damage because it can get worn down. outside roost, sd sash chomp, calm mind diancie and zardy builds look kind of problematic, but this team is great n_n

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Wow thanks for giving me an s/o will be coming back soon. Anyways I noticed this team doesn't have too good of a matchup with birdspam, particularly the underrated Mega Pinsir. CC/EQ onto your Ttar switch isn't hard to predict and your into ways of reliably beating it is with revenge killing or hippowdown. Yes you may have ways to deal with it but it can shit on your team pretty hard.

But who runs Pinsir anyways?

Amir

Banned deucer.
Nice team fren, I know you like bulkier versions of an alternative but tbh Latios actually is the better version for this team, you're using Latias with a LO number by removing 2 HP IV points which is rather interesting instead of going for the bulkier spread and less SpA (184 SpA iirc) also another tip, everything you need to check with Lati is also possible with the brother such as Zard Y, Keldeo and so on, so maybe test the brother out? Well congrats in the peak and maybe these small changes can get you to No1 :]

Latios > Latias
Or
72 HP, 184 SpA, 252 Spe, Latias over current spread.

Hey man nice team, I would recommend using energy ball over trick on victini. This might seem weird, especially because you are using the choice band set, but it does let you lure in and kill some pokemon that would otherwise wall victini. This includes rhyperior, gastrodon, swampert and quagsire. These pokemon might all be uncommon, but in my experience with victini trick is mostly useless, while energy ball can let you win games that you otherwise couldn't have.

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Hey man nice team, I would recommend using energy ball over trick on victini. This might seem weird, especially because you are using the choice band set, but it does let you lure in and kill some pokemon that would otherwise wall victini. This includes rhyperior, gastrodon, swampert and quagsire. These pokemon might all be uncommon, but in my experience with victini trick is mostly useless, while energy ball can let you win games that you otherwise couldn't have.
Trick dumb bisharps on the ladder that think they can sucker punch. Profit. Also, the lack of stallbreakers is partially remedied with victini begin able to trick stuff like chansey.

Hey WCAR,really nice team you've got there.As Amir said,change Latias' EV Spread to 72 HP / 252 Spe / 184 SpA with 29 IVs in HP to reduce LO recoil.

I think this team is a really good example of how the OU Meta will look like after M-Metagross is gone.M-Venusaur will be really good as one of it's counters are gone and Fairies will rise in usage,Kyu-B is so going to be so good now as one of its threats are gone and the fact that it has such a great move pool is just fantastic.

How do you deal with Knock Off Lando-I? Being faster than 4 out of 6 and threatens an OHKO/near OHKO on everything. Scarf Tar can't go for a KO at full health either and you are forced into 50/50 predicts every time it comes in, which has little risk for the user while you risk to lose a mon if you get it wrong. Idk about changing mons but definitely run Ice Punch on Ttar, preferably over Crunch and you can go for a more specially defensive spread on Hippo and give it Ice Fang to combat it a bit better. Hippo still has enough phy def to take physical attackers and TTar can be kept healthy to deal with Zard-X if needed. Mega Pinsir becomes more annoying but you can pressure with ScarfTar and Latias and has less opportunities to come in with that 4x rock weakness. Mega Venu and ScarfTar helps you vs Bisharp. Also, PuP Mega Lop is a massive threat especially with no scarfers/prio and does 60%+ to your phy walls so I guess that's something to watch out for. Nice team.

Trick dumb bisharps on the ladder that think they can sucker punch. Profit. Also, the lack of stallbreakers is partially remedied with victini begin able to trick stuff like chansey.
If you trick something after they move the they can still pick their move, resulting in more 50/50s. He has hippo and scarftar anyway to deal with bisharp, which isn't even that common rn. And why would you trick Chaney instead of killing it with v-create? The suggestion to change comes from personal experience with victini. I used it extensively in late xy and while trick is practically useless, energy ball helped in several games to kill their only vicini "counter," paving the way for a win.

amazing team, i was thinking about making one with a similar structure, you've certinly given me something to think about!
only thing i can really think of is giving cube 8 more speed EVs, ie 200, so that you outspeed max neutral excadrill, which is really nice to beat out on. id also personally use roost, but i ofc do see the merit of outrage

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the rates everyone.

As someone pointed out, one of the biggest threats to this team is Landorus, either Knock off Landorus or Landorus paired with a pursuit user, seeing as how Latias is my only Landorus check and so I have to play really well in order to not get swept by it. I'd never really switch in Lati on a Knock off, i'd have to bait it to use Earth Power or something and constantly keep double switching on their Tyranitar, but that can only get me so far and I can't outplay 100% of the time. I have used Ice Punch ttar several times to help remedy this problem and its pretty darn useful as well, you just miss out on superpower. Or I usually just sac something like MVenu to non psychic ones and weaken it enough to the point where Ttar can revenge kill. It's still a pretty huge ass threat to this team tho, but what team isn't without weaknesses?

As for the Latios over Latias suggestion goes, again, they would serve pretty much the same role, but I prefer Latias because of her greater bulk not getting 2hkoed by Thundy hp ice or Zard Y fire blast and shit like that. Obviously if you're using this team and want to use Latios to hit harder, that's definitely fine, I just really prefer bulk for some reasons n_n Besides, I have enough fire power from Kube + Victini regardless, so it's not like I *desperately* need the harder hit. Also, I see no reason to use the bulky Latias spread unless someone shows me a calc where that live something relevant since Greninja is out of the tier.

Energy Ball Victini sounds pretty fucking neat and I'll definitely have to try it out sometime, especially the part where it can lure and kill Swampert cuz thats huge, and also beating Quagsire. Another big reason why I have Trick on Victini tho is that I can trick Heatran and remove its Leftovers, so if Heatran comes in on Venu constantly when I leech seed, its going to be worn down pretty fast. Thats a big reason to use trick, but I can definitely see the merits of Energy Ball Victini.

Also, if you're using this team and you're having trouble with stall, I don't think you're playing the most optimal way possible o.o Kube + Victini should handle most stall pretty well, and Tyranitar can trap and remove trouble some threats. Venu is an annoyance with Leech Seed as well. But again, most of the stall breaking work is done by Victini + Kyurem-b, since pretty much every stall team has trouble tanking their hits. The worst matchup this team has is against those super fast and hard hitting HO teams because most of my team is pretty lacking in speed, the exceptions being Latias and Scarf Tyranitar, and both still get outsped by shit like Lopunny.

Keep the rates and likes coming guys!

Reactions: pj

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
quick EV nitpick, I'd move 4 HP EVs on Victini to Attack or SDef; atm it's taking 25% from rocks instead of 24%. I'd also recommend using Cherub Agent's speed EVs on Kyu-B. Apart from that, great team n_n

Hey nice team man! Good to see people are spreading the Victini love. Seeing as you only use trick in Victini for avoiding sucker punch, how about you use will-o-wisp? I know banded willo sounds really dumb, but the only thing Victini really clicks is v-create and bolt strike anyway, so it basically has two free slots, so if the only thing you use trick for is bishop, why not run willo?
The team is amazingly amazing apart from that though, keep up the good work :)

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Not at all.
Bulky SD (most common I'd say) absolutely shits on the team lol. Ttar and cube get blasted apart by +2 bp. Lati also gets destroyed by it and venu gets eaten by bug bite. Yes he has defog but it's not a sure fire thing, so we can assume tini will take rocks at least once? Perhaps twice? At that point even resists won't carry you through. Venu lacks HP fire which is the biggest issue. And if hippo is the answer and the enemy team had another threat to it, s/he just needs to get hippo low enough. And with no phazing on hippo, it's even more of an issue.

Regardless no team is perfect and every team is threatened by something. Fantastic team WCAR, I'm a bbig fan of any team with pivot + cube. Considering you don't have roost, safe switch ins are extremely helpful so he doesn't have to get slowly hacked away at. I do agree on running 200 speed on him though as was suggested earlier.

I personally don't think your team needs the lorb power on lati. You can still dent slowbro and rotoms with dracos and scare off keld and amoonguss etc. I'd feel leftovers do much more here as repeated switch ins to rocks and keldeo (burns say hi) can get annoying. Or perhaps you get poisoned by a sludge, same thing. And seeing as defogging is the major priority for this team (cube/tini) the enemy can often switch in a speedy threat on defog and force lati out without a roost. Lefties helps combat this issue.

Nice team

Ur team is very very MScizor weak as already mentioned above. Sure u have Victini but this thing is very isn't very save espacially with rocks on ur side of the field. Hippo also doesn't help at all since Sciz can just set up against it and u don't have Whirlwind. A good change would be HP Fire > Leech Seed on MVenu just to have chance to beat it. Thats also very helpful against Ferro.

This team is amazing fun to play man also want to say props for putting trick on victini is just such a sneaky move and it really can screw someone hard was just using the team (no h8 pls it's fun 2 use) and not only did venu wall but your core of kyurem and vict pretty much nukes them.
Haven't really got much to say intellectually tbh just wanted to say ur team is good and good fun.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214155127 in case u wanted to see why trick on victini is gg

edit nope trick wins games
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-222814078

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-222991691

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)