SM OU Berserk [Peaked 1792]

Am i gay

• Total voters

Berserk

Started off with this core as it's right now really under the radar I feel like.

I added Tyranitar to pressure Stall teams in conjuntion with Tapu Lele.

Added Toxapex because Toxapex.

I decided to use Landorus-T because it can set up Stealth Rocks reliably and check Pokemon such as Zygarde.

Lastly i added Kartana because Fairy-types were looking like a pain in the ass and i also needed a Defogger.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-
Psyshock
-
Focus Blast
-
Shadow Ball
-
Calm Mind

I feel like Mega Alakazam is one of the most underrated Mega Pokemon out there, because it definetly hits hard and doesn't get the credit that it deserves. Psyshock is Mega Alakazam's main STAB move being able to hit things really hard under terrain. Focus Blast allows Mega Alakazam to beat Pokemon that resist Psyshock such as Celesteela and Magearna. Shadow Ball hits troublesome Psychic-types such as Mew and Tapu Lele that resist both Focus Blast and Psyshock. Calm Mind enchances Mega Alakazam's power.

Tapu Lele @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
-
Psyshock
-
Moonblast
-
Hidden Power [Fire]
-
Nature's Madness

This is probably the most underrated Tape Lele set out there, it lets it beat most of its common checks that will try to switch in such as Magearna and Celesteela by taking 75% of their health with Guardian of Alola. Psyshock is once again the STAB of choice over Psychic because it hits special walls harder. Moonblast is Tapu Lele's secondary STAB move chunking many Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Latios which can try to come in on Psyshock if they think you're choice locked. Hidden Power Fire is used for Mega Scizor which can otherwise check this set with rather ease. Nature's Madness takes 50% of an opponents health and turns into Guardian of Alola with Tapunium Z.
252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 87-103 (24.7 - 29.3%)
252 SpA Tapu Lele Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela: 116-138 (29.1 - 34.6%)
After taking 75% of their health with Guardian of Alola on a switch in it can OHKO both of Tapu Lele's most common answers.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
Stone Edge
-
Pursuit
-
Fire Punch
-
Crunch

Choice Band Tyranitar eases up the match up against stall really much because it basically clicks Stone Edge 6 times and wins. The EV spread allows me to live 1 +1 bug buzz from Volcarona and outspeed Mega Mawile. Stone Edge is Tyranitar's main STAB move and can hit any non resist really hard. Pursuit can trap Pokemon such as Latios, Latias and Tapu Lele thats locked into Psychic. Fire Punch beats Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and Mega Mawile which can otherwise deal with Tyranitar's dual STAB combo relatively easy. Crunch is Tyranitar's secondary dark type STAB if trapping with Pursuit isn't needed.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-
Scald
-
Toxic Spikes
-
Haze
-
Recover

Max Special Defense EVs allow Toxapex to check a plethora of special attackers in the tier such as Charizard Y and Ash Greninja. Scald can burn physical threats and generally cripple them. Toxic Spikes forces lots of switches and cripples a lot of troublesome Pokemon such as Volcarona. Haze lets it wall Pokemon that try to set up on it such as Volcarona, Kartana, and Gyarados. Recover gives Toxapex reliable recovery to stay healthy throughout the match with Regenerator.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
-
Earthquake
-
Stealth Rock
-
U-turn
-
Hidden Power [Ice]

Leftovers gives Landorus a way to recover health to check Zygarde better. Earthquake is its main STAB move that hits any non-resist relatively hard. Stealth Rock is the best hazard in the game being able to deal good consistent damage. U-turn allows Landorus-Therian to gain momentum. Hidden Power Ice lets it beat Pokemon such as opposing Landorus-Therian, Garchomp, and Zygarde.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-
Smart Strike
-
Leaf Blade
-
Sacred Sword
-
Defog

Kartana is one of the best cleaners in the tier, being able to take down a lot of annoying Pokemon such as Tapu Lele and Toxapex with relative ease. Smart Strike is Kartana's best Steel-type STAB that can deal with Fairy-types. Lead Blade deals with most Water- and Ground-types in the tier such as Toxapex and Landorus-Therian. Sacred Sword deals with Steel-types such as Celesteela which resists both STAB moves. Defog removes hazards such as Stealth Rocks and Spikes while also applying good pressure.

Threatlist

Kyurem-Black can easily run through my team with both Z-Freeze Shock and Life Orb Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt due to my lack of a good resist.

Tapu Koko can just easily plow through my team with a Choice Specs set, being able to OHKO Landorus-Therian with Hidden Power Ice and whipe through the rest with Thunderbolt, my only means of killing this is with Kartana when its weakened or Mega Alakazam.

Due to my lack of a sturdy Steel-type this can easily run through my team with just Psychic alone, i can only try and revenge kill it with Kartana. Just generally any Psychic-type with Focus Blast coverage can easily run through my team.

SubSD Kartana can set up a Substitute on Toxapex and start setting up, i can try to revenge it with my own Kartana and Mega Alakazam however.

Import

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Tapu Lele @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nature's Madness

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

Shoutouts to my frens, weirdo faye HarrisIsAwesome, Primal Bidoof The Hunters Prowl Espeonage. BPGXMG (hes gay) :]

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey ThiccTornadus I actually really like this team. I will say based on the title I was worried you built with a Drampa, but this RMT turned out to be a pleasant surprise to read. Psychic spam definitely isn't utilized as much as it was at the beginning of the gen, but it's still very effective when played/built right, so I'm excited to go through this with you. I like the idea of a Tapunium Z Lele as well, just something unique and fun. The biggest issue I have with the team is a lack of a sturdier steel which helps a lot with utility, and is at this point almost required on an OU team in my opinion. I also feel some things like Balance can be tough for the team to break, along with stall (while the Band Ttar does help; I just don't feel it simply clicks buttons and wins as easily as you suggest).

Major Changes:

>
I do really like Band Tar in the current meta, yet I just feel if you can find a bulkier steel for the team that helps pressure fatter balance + stall you should consider it - and that's Heatran for this team. I want to run a Toxic / Taunt / Magma Storm / Earth Power set with max Spe and Hp. This change also gives you a mon who takes on celepex cores well as Celesteela can still be fairly annoying for the teams Tapu Lele given that it often carries Leftovers + Protect to get out of HP Fire range after being hit with Z Nature's Madness. Tran also gives you a nice answer to CM Lele using HP Fire>Focus Blast in the last slot which the team didn't otherwise have.

Minor Changes:

With the addition of Heatran, there are a few smaller adjustments I'd like to make in order to try helping the team a little bit. The first of those is Payapa Berry > Black Sludge on Toxapex. Toxapex still covers the growing Sub Bug Buzz Volc set, but with the removal of Tyranitar I want some extra assurance vs the Z-Psychic set. Payapa Berry gives the team that assurance. It's not a perfect answer, but with Kartana being the only thing volc really sets up on, and Heatran handling sets without HP Ground you should be ok if you play carefully.

I feel the combination of Lele + M-Zam can break through stall if the M-Zam set is adjusted a bit. I want to try out Psyshock / Calm Mind / Dazzling Gleam / (then either Focus Blast or HP Fire). HP Fire helps with stall a bit more, but Focus Blast helps with Ttar more - so it's something to test. The combination of Lele + Tran + M-Zam should be enough to put fatter teams in a hurse, so I'd at the very least play a few games testing out the set.

I don't have any issues with the Lando-t on this team, I just want to throw out the idea of Yache Berry, which helps ease some pressure of playing vs Koko. Yes, this is a small fix and may not fully fix the problem, but it gives you a bit more room for error.

Conclusion:

That's all I really had on this rate. Once again really cool team, I really enjoyed writing this up, and I hope the suggestions help if even by only a little bit. Oh also you put Fire Punch Ttar on the RMT, but your import has EQ, so quick fix on that. I'd also like to take the time to shout out Anish for helping with this rate before I finish up. Anyway good luck perfecting this team, and if you have any questions or concerns let me know! n_n

Edit: I forgot an import of team, so here go https://pastebin.com/1PWyVRks

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)