Best Field Effect: (A)Gravity (B)TR {C}All of the above

Here is a look at my Gravity Trick Room team, Gravi-Room for short. Its my last team before Black and White comes out, so I want this to be good, but used in my own way. I want 3 Psychic pokemon on my team for Tarot Maniac title on PBR.

My 3 Psychic pokemon that I choose, best attempt to cover each others weakness. (slowking is actually slowbro)

Weak against Ground, Bug, Ghost, Flying... need something bulky to cover it. Spiritomb should do the job.

Still weak in those 4 categories, maybe another bulky thing. We need gravity again.

We need something to pull off in a Gravi-Room team, also bulky, strong against rock and fire, can knock out bug and flying. Rhyperior.
And there is the team...

Bronzong@Lum Berry
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Heatproof(because of gravity)
252 HP/152 Def/104 SpDef
~Trick Room
~Gyro Ball
~Gravity
~Hypnosis
The replenisher of the team, it, if taunt dosen't look obvious, will use Trick Room or Gravity while(on doubles)the other teammate uses Trick Room or Gravity. On singles, it would not be counted in because Regice should be good with pulling off gravity. Bronzong however should be more bulky than Regice in defense.

In gravity Bronzong's hypnosis always hits, like a Choice Scarf breloom but a lot more bulky. Gyro Ball is for those speedies who come to sweep on the other team. Bronzong is also here to avoid massive damage brought to Rhyperior.

Medicham@Expert Belt(i dont want 2 of same item)
Nature: Brave
252 Atk/HP SpDef/4 Def
~DynamicPunch
~Fake Out
~Zen Headbutt
~Thunderpunch
Focus Sash just in case something criticals and almost knocks it out. Brave Medicham with 252 Atk EVs add up to a whoppnig 240 attack stat at Lv.100 being 480 Attack with pure power.

DynamicPunch, as you should know, is good in gravity, dosen't always hit but has pretty good accuracy and power. Fake out will try to flinch any Taunter in doubles.

Just realized, you cant have Psycho cut and DynamicPunch on Medicham.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
~Trick Room
~Slack Off
~Surf
~Ice Beam
Sets up Trick Room. This poke' has pretty high Def, so to add a lot more defense to it makes it pretty strong... along with its high HP.

It has Surf and Ice Beam, which are just 2 things to use... against maybe a Heracross, and a Roserade. Slack off to heal itself along with its Leftovers making it almost unstoppable.

Spiritomb@Spell Tag(dont want 2 of same item)
Nature: Quiet
252 HP/100 Def/100 SpDef/56 SpAtk
~Hypnosis
~Nasty Plot
~Dark Pulse
~Pain Split
Another wall, not being weak against any type, its pretty good at getting the name wall in a Trick room team. Its HP wont go down as fast as others, so its good to have Pain Split as its source of healing. Shadow ball and Dark Pulse work well as a stab move.

Hypnosis is just like Bronzongs... Hypnosis is most likely going to be changed with Will-o-wisp.

Regice@Chople Berry
Nature: Quiet
252 HP/200 Def/56 SpAtk
~Blizzard
~Gravity
~Focus Blast
~Thunder
Regice has a pretty high SpDef stat so its good to be Quiet with all that SpAtk. Curse is mainly of course to increase its Defense from those Rock/Fighting types who are mostly Physical with the exeption of Power Gem, Aura Sphere, and Focus Blast.

Sets up Gravity. Focus Blast works well in Gravity, along with Blizzard as a stab move.

Rhyperior@Life Orb
Nature: Brave
Ability: Solid Rock
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
~Aqua Tail
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Megahorn
Rhyperior is here to rumble. Its moves are something else, all of them working with Gravity, and a low speed to be ultimately fast in Trick Room.

Aqua Tail i like way better than Dragon Rush because Dragon Rush requires high leveled Garchomp. While stone edge are for those fast Bugs/Ices/Flyers like Frosslass,Yanmega,Togekiss. Earthquake for Gengar which hurts it in Gravity. Megahorn for Dark/Psychic types that look like a threat.

P.S.:Sorry for those Mis-Sized Pictures
You think this is hard... try thinking of Gravi-Trick-Hail/Storm which i tried to do, but didn't.

I like the idea of mixing gravity and Trick room. The problem that comes to mind is that a Gyarados could do some damage if Rhyperior is down, so maybe replace something for an electric move. Also, maybe you could use Surf instead of Psychic on Slowbro.

Is curse really helping your Regice? I'm thinking replacing it with Thunder, which covers your huge Gyarados weakness. However, if you have several turns to set up and become an unbreakable wall, then by all means keep Curse.

Agreed on adding Thunder.

Also, on Rhyperior, is Dragon Rush really doing you any good? You mention Flygon, but with Gravity up, it's hit ridiculously hard with Earthquake. I think you'd be better of going with something like Aqua Tail for Hippowdon or Fire Punch for Forretress and Scizor. And also, in doubles, and especially on PBR, choice-items are much less effective because switching is risky and screw up plans in doubles. And in general, choice-items on a TR team is a no-no. Switch to Life Orb, trust me, it'll be much more effective. A good opponent can play around choice items and stall out your turns of TR and Gravity.

Also, on Medicham, I would recommend changing Detect to Thunderpunch or Zen Headbutt (100% accuracy in Gravity). Detect is just you stalling out your own turns of Gravity and TR.

And, your EVs are... off, I suppose you could say. Bronzong, for example, needs max HP. With its nearly abysmal base 67 HP, it really does need it. If you have 999 defenses but only 2, what good are you going to do, really? A good way to find out an effective defensive EV spread is multiplying HP by (Sp)Def. The higher the number, the bulkier you are in that field. A lot of your spreads can be fixed, that being one of them, another being Rhyperior. Being the main sweeper of the team, it should have max attack and a Brave nature to be extremely powerful.

Hope it helps.

Right right... ill do that. But remember its a Gravi-Room team, i understand the effects of Trick Room for Detect and Choice, but Dragon Rush on Flygon is good too because its slower than Flygon. But ill think about it

I don't see the point of spiritomb. I would recommend Dusknoir in its place.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Ivs: O Speed
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpDef
~Trick Room/Gravity
~Willo-wisp
~Earthquake/Pain split
~Dynamic Punch/Thunder Punch

Gyarados is not getting past this set anytime soon. I would also Recommend Slowbro over Slowking because you already have regice. Also, Slowbro is a bit more difficult for Gyarados to get past.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Ivs: O Speed
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpDef
~Trick Room
~Slack Off
~Surf
~Ice Beam/HP electric

If you do that, I would also recommend taking Thunder Punch off of Medicham and putting Rock Slide. And If you want change Pyscho cut to Zen Headbutt for more power. I also suggest you put Stealth rock somewhere on your team. Stealth rock is is also madatory, as It will especailly help Rhyperior, Gyarados will also become a lesser problem. You don't need thunder punch, Stone edge does the same to Gyarados. I would change it to Megahorn. Dragon Rush is fine, but a better option would be Aqua Tail. Don't use Sash on Medicham, it will broken anyway by Stealth Rock, A better Item is Life Orb. You have unusual Ev Spreads. I would recommend changing Medicham's and Rhperior's Ev Spread to 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def. It allows for maxium bulk and power. I also recommend switch some of Regice's Defense Evs to special Atk or at least change the nature to Quiet. Regice just doesn't hit hard enough.

Good Luck with the Team! :)

Im keeping Spiritomb because of no weaknesses which is better than 2 weaknesses, but I will change to Slowbro.

Im keepin' Spiritomb, but I will change to Slowbro.
Sorry, this is a pet-peeve of mine. Please explain to us why you do so. I also recommend actually testing the stuff people suggest, rather than just accepting or dismissing it.

Please explain
Its just because Spiritomb has pretty high defenses, and along with that no weaknesses, just think if a Sashed Gengar came in and Shadowballed Dusknoir to death, while Spiritomb would take more Shadowballs than Dusknoir... and also, this is a pet-peeve of mine, I dont like using 2 of the same pokemon in my teams, or 2 of the same items on amy of my teams.

Do you have a list of titles and how they are unlocked?
No i do not have a list of titles... the only think i can think of is
~Wearing a full matching outfit will unlock a title
~Having 3 types of the same pokemon will unlock a title
Ex: (Coolboy) 3 fires=Passionate Bro
3 psychic=tarot maniac
3 rocks=rock and roller

Its just because Spiritomb has pretty high defenses, and along with that no weaknesses, just think if a Sashed Gengar came in and Shadowballed Dusknoir to death, while Spiritomb would take more Shadowballs than Dusknoir... and also, this is a pet-peeve of mine, I dont like using 2 of the same pokemon in my teams, or 2 of the same items on amy of my teams.
With my suggestions, sashed Gengar would'nt be a problem because of stealthrock. In side Trick room, Gengar isn't a problem. And if both, Trick room and Gravity are up, Dusknior can always Earthquake it., If you want you could have shadow sneak or shadow punch, if Gengar is that much of a problem. Infact, the only sashed gengars you will see are leads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)