Best U-turn user?

If you're talking about quick status, it's foolish not to mention Persian, who boasts the fastest OU sleep in the game and Technician'd fake-out. Of course, that's pretty much all it boasts, but if your intentions are to sleep something and leave, it's better than anyone else at that.

If you're talking about quick status, it's foolish not to mention Persian, who boasts the fastest OU sleep in the game and Technician'd fake-out. Of course, that's pretty much all it boasts, but if your intentions are to sleep something and leave, it's better than anyone else at that.
Faster than Crobat?

Didn't think so.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Am I the only person who uses U-Turn on Gliscor?

The reason I don't like U-Turn on Gliscor is that there are so many other things he has to do. Moveslot syndrome. AA/EQ/SE/Knock Off/SR is hard enough to pick from. You want to add another to the mix?

Yeah, I tried U-Turn on Gliscor for a while, but decided I'd rather be able to Roost since I'm mostly using it as a defensive wall.

@ Gliscor w. U-Turn: It depends on how you use it. It's most popular use is defensive wall and Heracross stopper. That has zero use with U-Turn. However, we can't overlook Gliscor's 95 attack and speed... An offensive Gliscor can make use of U-Turn well.
Otherwise, Scizor is great, as mentioned before. STAB, base 130 attack. Good for Turning to fragile sweepers as it will take a hit for the one switching in. Wish + U-Turn Jirachi is great. Butterfree is... ok... because it has DoublePowder. However, even though it has STAB, 45 base attack is not something to talk about. Scyther is a weaker, less defensive, but much faster version of Scizor. Bat and Flygon make great use of it. As Persian. Primeape and Infernape make use of it... And preety much any lead.
I'll list 'em.
Jumpluff has nothing to lose, as both Attack and Sp.Attack are 55.
Yanmega has good scounting purposes, 76 + STAB, and hit's it's walls on tyhe other side of the spectrum.
UU, Lumineon?? has it...
Beedrill, Raticate, Pidgeot, Fearow, Farfetch'd.
The three birds have it. Zapdos is most common. Scounts with it. Moltres does better with it... But isn't common. Uber users, say hi to Mew.
Furret?
Ledian?
Xatu??
Ambipom, Fake Out, and U-Turn. 'Nuff said.
Celebi has a use for U-Turn. (Will hurt T-Tar on the switch, and Weavile/other darks.)
Beuatifly/Dustox... :(
Swellow makes excellent use with Guts, Flame Orb, U-Turn.
Pelipper and Masquerain. *sigh*
Ninjask. Does well when CB/SD'd and offensive. Preety lame otherwise.
Illumise/Volbeat. Makes great UU BPers. Meh.
Straptor makes great use of U-Turn. 125 attack, Intimidate...
Mothim and Vespiquen. Meh.
Pachirusu, Purugly. Meh.
Chatot. Huh.
NOW then...
Uxie/Mesprit. Defensive, make great U-Turners.
Azelf- 125 base attack. 115 speed. Great!
Phione/Manphy. In Ubers, U-Turn will serve Manaphy quite well, what with Psychics. Phione will deal with Grumpig and Hypno in UU.
Wow, a large list.

Faster than Crobat?

Didn't think so.
Augh! I half-remembered Crobat having Hypnosis, but looked it up on Veekun, didn't see it, and thus forgot about it.

Oops.

Still, it's the second-fastest sleep in OU, and Crobat seems to have even less going for it other than Hypnosis than Persian does.

Did NOBODY (except Saturn) think of Swellow? Protect first, get a Burn and U-Turn the heck out of there to wreck havoc with Facade later. Works like a charm.

Augh! I half-remembered Crobat having Hypnosis, but looked it up on Veekun, didn't see it, and thus forgot about it.

Oops.

Still, it's the second-fastest sleep in OU, and Crobat seems to have even less going for it other than Hypnosis than Persian does.
4x Resists Seed Bomb and Focus Punch (Hello Breloom), 4x resists Close combat and Megahorn (Hello Choice-Heracross), enough defenses to force a 3-hit KO from Band-Heracross and roost it off after the switch-in and OHKO with STAB Air Slash, Taunt (Hello Spore/Substitute Breloom), Whirlwind, Nasty Plot (Not compadible with Hypnosis :-( ), immunity to ground and toxic.

Crobat is ALSO a U-Turn user, a trapper with Mean-Look, both a true-Hazer and a PHazer (Whirlwind), on top of being on the l33t 130 base Speed. Substitute blocks T-Waves if you are really worried about those, and roost lets you recover back the damage from Substitute.

With Brave bird and Choice Band, Crobat makes an excellent U-Turn user as well. Inner Focus screws Ambipom leads over (Fake-Out == no flinch).

Crobat may not exactly be the best at a single thing (except being the best Breloom counter period with Taunt to stop substitutes and STAB on a 4x strong attack.) but it is flexible.

I'm not saying Crobat is OU btw. It clearly suffers from 4-attack only syndrome (Sigh... Hypnosis/Nasty Plot, Substitute, Roost, Taunt, Air Slash flinch-hax + Confuse Ray, Whirlwind...) But I'd argue that it is more than what Persian has to offer.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
After using it for a while, I've discovered that I really like Gliscor as a U-Turner. Basically, it's very helpful to scout what comes in after Heracross switches out and such. Also, watch the smile fade from Breloom's face after you ditch Leech Seed, break its sub, and switch to something that can kill it, all in one turn.

I've been using Persian with U-Turn.

I'm constantly switching her out anyways, and she's faster than most things, so it's been working out pretty good.

Much like Jirachi, Uxie is a fairly good U-turner.

Yawn, then hit the switch-in with u-turn, and be able to send out a full-hp counter.

I'd have to say Ambipom, b/c Fake Out + U-Turn is so annoying, but so great when you're using it.. tehe!
I'd have to agree with this. Fake Out + U-Turn adds up incredibly fast and Ambipom is fast enough to outspeed enough things to U-Turn out. I wouldn't use life orb with this set though. =\

I'd have to agree with this. Fake Out + U-Turn adds up incredibly fast and Ambipom is fast enough to outspeed enough things to U-Turn out. I wouldn't use life orb with this set though. =\
i agree with this. most of the time, people do not realize that even if they get to damage a pokemon while using u-turn on pokemons like forretress, it's better to just switch since leftovers and LO recoil will just benefit the u-turned pokemon. in simpler terms, LO will just wear out ambipom rather him wearing out the opposing pokemon.

-Staraptor
-Crobat
-Ambipom

Those are the bet U-Turners IMO since U-Turners are better off to be used with fast pokemon.

The best thing to do with Fake Out/U-Turn Ambipom is on some kind of defensive team with lots of residual damage going on. On its own these moves don't do much but both are going to take small bites whileas the opponent won't be hitting Ambipom at all, so if you can burn your opponent and have Sandstorm up beforehand your opponent will be tearing out some hairs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)