Other Metagames BH: The Kyurem-B Bash

Hi Guys, welcome to another one of my crazy BH teams. I really wanted to try out Kyurem-black in the S/m meta and it turns out that it is a very solid anti-metagame Pokemon as it is able to defeat a lot of common Pokemon on teams these days, including Zygarde-c, giratina, Steel types, Dragon Types, and even Primal Kyogre. I managed to have some solid success with the team at the mid-ladder, so check out the replays section!

I first started with a Skill Link Kyurem-b. This worked really well against defensive teams if it was given a chance to boost up. I eventually replaced it with a technician set since it was able to hit more stuff supereffectively, and I was able to give it the electrium-z to OHKO Primal Kyogre, who otherwise walled my entire team.

Since Kyurems coverage was so good, I had to use Shedinja to imposterproof it. Since Shedinja necesitates heavy support, I added both Registeel and Slowbro as entry hazard control. Slowbro's also great because it can restore my pokemon to full health with z parting shot. That's really useful against more offensive teams that don't use Kyogre-p.

I also added a scarf Kyurem-b in order to outspeed stuff and gain offensive momentum via Volt Switch. They see refrigerate and they automatically think they can switch in their psychi Surge Mewtwo-mega y but then they get outsped anyway.

Finally, I put Specs Mewtwo-y as a strong wallbreaker. It helps me to rip through walls.

Now for the team in depth!

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Shift Gear
- Dual Chop
- Bolt Strike
The cool thing about this set is that it hits almost every defensive wall hard. Most Steel types fall to +1 Bonemerang, Zygarde-c and Gira are taken out by Dual Chop, and Bolt Strike with the z crystal ensures the ohko on Primal Kyogre. After a shift gear boost Kyurem-b outspeeds everything up to Mewtwo-y as well.

Shedinja (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Pain Split
- Baton Pass
- Baneful Bunker
- Recycle
I've changed up the moves on this Shedinja set several times. I decided I wouldn't go the usual endeavor route since it requires that I use protective pads, and that leaves Shedinja very vulnerable to status. So I went for the classic lumb-recycle set along with Pain Split to slowly whittle down enemy HP. I also tried out Whirlpool but I could never actually kill what I was attacking, since Shedinja is just level 1, and I wasn't running endeavor. They would eventually force me to switch out to conserve my pp, which just wasn't fun. Shedinja improofs all my offensive pokemon so it's important that it stays alive. Random Sunsteels and Moongeist beams can quickly surprise it which is why I have Baneful bunker on the set to scout. it's saved me a number of times before, and if a non-steel type goes for Sunsteel, they're poisoned, which is an additional benefit. Entry hazards are another big problem for Shedinja which is why I absolutely need to keep my hazard control alive in orer to effectively use it.

Slowbro-Mega @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Order
- Parting Shot
- Rapid Spin
- Steam Eruption
This is my switchin for Primal Groudon. Unfortunately for me there are tons of different ways to lure in physical Groudon checks, so it's not a guaranteed check, but what do you do. The moves are self explanatory, with z parting shot giving me some nice momentum as well as healing something up if I need it. Steam Eruption ohkos primal groudon if it doesn't run a water immunity ability, and can also burn things, though if makes imposter slightly more annoying. Slowbro also checks stuff like contrary MMX, Ho-Oh and even Triage Mega Heracross, though the latter very shakily because a +2 leech life does 53%. Or is that +0? I forgot now, but yeah.

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Defog
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Glare
Magic Bounce registeel is the other half of my entry hazard control. It is able to usually keep stealth rock off the field just by staying in. And if it fails to do that, I've put defog on it for extra insurance. Glare support makes my offensive mons even more deadly too!

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch
- Extreme Speed
- Head Charge
Mixed offensive Kyurem-b is surprisingly effective against the metagame. Head Charge and Boomburst do very solid damage, and I don't mind the recoil as much since I can heal it back up with Slowbro if I think I need it. Espeed finishes off annoying stuff, dealing aobut 30% to a defensive Arceus.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Blue Flare
- Fleur Cannon
- Knock Off
I'm not quite sure exactly what coverage moves to run on this thing. I know I want Psystrike, and I know I want Knock off to get rid of annoying items, but the other two moves are still in the air. I picked Fleur Cannon and Blue Flare because they have high BP, and hit dark and steel types super effectively. But that makes me feel like I'm wasting the tinted lens ability. I don't know what to run instead of it though. If I run Sheer Force, my primary stab isn't powered up by that, and I'd probably have to switch up FC to moonblast which is a bit less powerful. Mewtwo does require the Choice Specs to get the ohkos and 2hKOs that I so need, so running a life orb isn't an option either. Plusthe recoil just sucks.

Threats to the team
Hazards: If the entry hazard control dies, and new hazards are set up, everything just stops working since Shedinja dies to them and Kyurem-b takes 25% from rocks. Sticky Web is also a huge problem as well, though Slowbro can usually spin against most of the webs setters.
Shell Smash sweepers: These can be a real problem if the other team gets offensive momentum, since I have no way of stopping boosters. Shedinja can force some of them out, though if they carry sunsteel or Moongeist, I'm in huge trouble. And a lot of them do. So hmm
Triage Mega Rayquaza: After a +3 Mega Rayquaza just sweeps through this team since it usually carries Moongeist Beam to hit Shedinja.
Shedinja: Oddly enough opposing Shedinja can cause me annoyance as well, since the only thing I can switch into them is my own Shedinja. THen again, I've only seen one time when Shedinja carried Sunsteel strike / moongeist beam, and that was a weird lure set designed to beat opposing moongeist and sunsteel users by imprisoning them, so opposing Shedinja can't really do much back to me.

I know there are other threats that I'm missing, but that's what I could come up with now. So feel fre to rate because I am always looking to improve this team!

replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-579407393
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-579503780

Last edited:
Using Shedinja for improofing is a very unreliable strategy, an you even give your opponent a way to beat Shedinja - your MMY has both Knock Off to remove the Lum Berry and Blue Flare, a move with a chance to burn.
Your hazard control doesn't seem to be very reliable, as Registeel lacks both Prankster Baton Pass/Parting Shot AND a Shed Shell, so that it can easily be trapped by Magnet Pull users (and by Shadow Tag Gengar) and Slowbro's Rapid Spin with out an -ate ability can be easily blocked by Giratina (and, of course, Gengar or Aegislash); Slowbro also has no way to force them out.

Some suggestions:
  • You can actually improof the first Kyurem with your Slowbro, as Slowbro is only 5HKOed by your imposter's Bolt Strike. I would also think about an ice move like Frost Breath to defeat opposing Fur Coat Zygods which wall your current set completely. As you also already have Z-Prting Shot on Slowbro, you can replace the item with for example Safety Goggles.
  • Replace your Shedinja with a RegenVest Solgaleo with a moveset like Koff, Sunsteel Strike/Core Enforcer, Nuzzle/Sacred Fire/Beak Blast, U-turn. Shedinja is not good in the current meta with moves like Sunsteel and Moongeist around. It will not only help you with killing Shedinja (thanks to sunsteel strike and burns, if you run Sacred Fire or Beak Blast), but also checks opposing MMYs and helps you with improofing your second Kyurem and with your MMY, if you play other moves over Koff and Blue Flare.
  • Slowbro wants Scald over Steam Eruption due to much more PP, and Spectral Thief to prevent being setup fodder. This will also help you with improofing the first kyurem, as you can steeal the imposter's boosts. Spectral Thief can be used over Rapid Spin.
  • Registeel should be running Prankster with either Safety Goggles (and Parting Shit/Baton Pass) or Shed Shell when running u-turn for a slower pivot to prevent trapping, the other moveslots should obviousle be haze, recovery and defog or destiny bond. Without a Shedinja, you don't need Magic Bounce for hazard control, and lots of hazard users run mold breaker anyways.
  • Your second Kyurem is nice for revenging threats, but too weak for being a wallbreaker - it fails to OHKO Giratina with both Boomburst and Head Charge and gets hit by a powerful Core Enforcer in return, which can kill Kyurem after Stealth Rocks, especially when Giratina has a Griseous Orb. If you replace it with a Kyurem-White, your Boomburst will be more powerful, strong enough for nuking Giratina.
  • For MMY, replace Koff with Trickeroo to be able to cripple an opposing wall with your choice specs. It also allows you to beat normalize Gengar as long as it hasn't set up, otherwise your team is very weak to it. You can also replace Blue Flare with Focus Blast to hit opposing steels not named Solgaleo and be able to improof it with your own Solgaleo.
You can also run a PDon over one of the two Kyurems to be able to pressure opposing stees more which otherwise can be a problem for your team. The Pdon will be simply improofed by Slowbro.

You're totally right about the Mewtwo-y thing and I ended up replacing the Tinted Lens with Life Orb Sheer Force which helped me tremendously, even though I don't often bother switching moves. I also changed Glare to Topsy Turvy on Registeel to stop stat-uppers. Also the Beak blast Solgaleo idea is a really good one. I never thought of that. I also prefer Steam over Scald since it ensures the ohko on Primal Groudon that don't run a water immunity ability, which is just great. Running z-bolt strike on kyurem lets me guaranteed KO Kyogre because of the annoying 85% accuracy on the base move, it is 100% with the z, and also surprises normalize Gengar if I don't pivot in my MMY on a slow pivot. Also, running two kyurem-b's seems to really confuse people, which is, I think, a major reason for the team's success.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)