Big OU Pokemon

The Team:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volcarona (Meadow Plate) Flame Body
Timid (252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 HP)
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Giga Drain
Quiver Dance
Volcarona is here for its typing and its high special attack. I use him to sweep people if my opponent allows me to get a few quiver dances off. His bug and fire typing was needed for my team and he can counter some of the Pokemon that counter mine. Volcarona also seems to get so little attention that people wont really prepare for him, and when he shows up as my lead, they are totally unprepared for his sweeping abilities.

Terrakion (Fist Plate) Justified
Adamant (252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 DEF)
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Another sweeper, his typing and earthquake can eliminate the rock types for Volcarona. His great attack and good speed allow him to take out one or two Pokemon before my opponent brings out a good counter. Besides him countering counters for Volcarona, his fantastic offensive typing is why he is quite possibly my most dangerous Pokemon.

Gliscor (Toxic Orb) Poison Heal
Impish (252 HP, 184 DEF, 72 SPE)
Substitute
Protect
Earthquake / Facade
Toxic
This is my most annoying Pokemon. Its difficult to OHKO because of his good bulk. After one move, the opponent is badly poisoned and Gliscor cannot be hurt due to its substitute and protect. The toxic can also be used on switching out Pokemon and then he wins. Also, even if I do not use him to stall out the opponent, he can come in for a hit-and-run toxic which leads to entire teams being crippled.

Shiny Kyurem-B (Shell Bell) Terravolt
Hasty (252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP)
Substitute
Fusion Bolt
Dragon Claw
Roost
His typing fills the slot of a needed dragon killer. He can OHKO many Pokemon like the water types that destroy my other Pokemon with fusion bolt. His decent bulk allows him to take a few attacks and with roost, it becomes difficult to get rid of him. I decided on using him rather than my moxie Salamance because of his monstrous attack and great bulk. The only downside is his ice typing.

Shiny Celebi (Life Orb) Natural Cure
Hasty (252 SPA, 252 SPE, 4 HP)
Leaf Storm
Recover
Psychic
Thunder Wave
His spot on the team took Cresselia and I'm not sure which to use. Cresselia has excellent support but Celebi is also a grass type which allows me to super effective against ground, rock, and water which are the worst types against my team. Also, Celebi's good attacking lets me do some damage opposed to Cresselia.

Shiny Jirachi (Leftovers) Serene Grace
Timid (252 HP, 100 DEF, 156 SPE)
Substitute
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Psyshock
As a steel type, he has good typing for defense and with wish, is difficult to take out. Water pulse and thunder are good moves for my team because it mixes it up. His spot also took Cresselia. The main reason I used him is because of his great defense and how annoyed people are by him. :D

Thanks for any advice I get. Ive used this team a few times online and they've fared pretty well considering I've never gotten advice on any of my Pokes. BTW, all my shiny Pokemon are 100% legit if anybody is questioning or I traded for them.

Ok not bad of a team, but here are some suggestions to make it better!

Note, your team is weak to Terrakion and Starmie.

So first I would ditch Kyurem B back for Dragon Dance Salamence. Sally is a better Dragon than Kyu-B, as you have no HP/Def/SpD evs on Kyu B (no bulk at all). Mence is faster, and can sweep more easily. Kyurem is too slow for a full sweep. Also Shell Bell is a risky item. The payoff can be great, but with no Bulk, Kyu-B will be OHKOed by Close Combat and Secret Sword, the most comon fighting type moves in OU.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Moxie
EVs: 4HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Now your team needs a spinner (Volcarona and salamence are weak to rocks).

Starmie can beat Breloom so I'd switch Celebi (who is pretty useless here) for Defensive Starmie.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spa/252 Spd
Timid
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Recover

Now your issues with GRound, rock and water are alleiviated

Now I would get rid of Gliscor in favor of Landorus -T Lando T boasts physical bulk similar to Groudon (factoring in Intimidated pokemon), is much stronger, and sets up hazards (Stealth Rock). He can also start momentum with U-Turn.

Lando-T @ Leftovers
Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP/64 Atk/244 Def
Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

(Ice weak is not an issue as Volcarona is beating all the ice types in OU anyway.

Hope the rates helped

Ok not bad of a team, but here are some suggestions to make it better!

Note, your team is weak to Terrakion and Starmie.

So first I would ditch Kyurem B back for Dragon Dance Salamence. Sally is a better Dragon than Kyu-B, as you have no HP/Def/SpD evs on Kyu B (no bulk at all). Mence is faster, and can sweep more easily. Kyurem is too slow for a full sweep. Also Shell Bell is a risky item. The payoff can be great, but with no Bulk, Kyu-B will be OHKOed by Close Combat and Secret Sword, the most comon fighting type moves in OU.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Moxie
EVs: 4HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Now your team needs a spinner (Volcarona and salamence are weak to rocks).

Starmie can beat Breloom so I'd switch Celebi (who is pretty useless here) for Defensive Starmie.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/4 Spa/252 Spd
Timid
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Recover

Now your issues with GRound, rock and water are alleiviated

Now I would get rid of Gliscor in favor of Landorus -T Lando T boasts physical bulk similar to Groudon (factoring in Intimidated pokemon), is much stronger, and sets up hazards (Stealth Rock). He can also start momentum with U-Turn.

Lando-T @ Leftovers
Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP/64 Atk/244 Def
Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

(Ice weak is not an issue as Volcarona is beating all the ice types in OU anyway.

Hope the rates helped
Thanks for giving the great advice! I wasnt sure whether to use Salamance or Kyurem but I guess now youve cleared it up for me! I have the Sally already which is great but I have one quick question about the Starmie, should I use starmie or some specially defensive Jellicent?

Thanks for giving the great advice! I wasnt sure whether to use Salamance or Kyurem but I guess now youve cleared it up for me! I have the Sally already which is great but I have one quick question about the Starmie, should I use starmie or some specially defensive Jellicent?
Starmie. Since Salamence and Volcarona are weak to rocks, and Jellicent can't spin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)