Bisharp-Z, an UU RMT

Well, I am quite new to PO and after trying out OU, I settled for UU as I prefer the playing style and also it lets me use some pokemon I like and still win. However, I still lose sometimes and I'm not really sure about much of my team and I need to cover some weaknesses.

Firstly, Bisharp:

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Inner Focus - Adamant
252 Atk/4Def/252SpDef
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Brick Break
Night Slash

My main Physical sweeper - can usually grab a swords dance due to his great typing and decent defences (237 Def and 239 SpDef) that raises his atack to 766. After, I just use his STAB Sucker Punch. The other two moves are really just fillers.

Next, Porygon-Z:

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Adaptability - Modest
252 SpAtk/252Spe/4Hp
Tri Attack
Hidden Power Ground
Thunder
Dark Pulse

My main Special Sweeper - Destroys anything not Ghost-type with its 160BP Tri-Attack off his 405 unboosted Special Attack. He has won me many games, and usually guarantees me at least one kill (usually more) due to his good speed and ridiculous Special Attack. He works very well with my Baton Passer - Togekiss, as after 3 nasty plots Porygon hits a whopping 1620 special attack - the reason for many a 6-0 victory in only 13 turns. Don't use anything but Tri-Attack so the rest are just fillers, because I switch out if there is a ghost type.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace - Modest
252Hp/252SpAtk/4SpDef
Nasty Plot
Baton Pass
Thunder Wave
Air Slash

This fullfils two roles - my set up for Porygon-z and my parahax abuser, he does both these roles very well. After thunder wave, he outspeeds almost everything, and he can make very good nasty plots with his 372 SpAtk. 60% flich STAB Air Slash always comes in handy too.

Next, my main staller, Cresselia:

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Levitate - Modest
84Hp/252Def/172SpDef
Moonlight
Psychic
Toxic
Attract

A great annoyer, with great Defences - 402Hp/339Def/339SpDef can really stall well. A normal crunch/dark pulse only does about 40-45% damage, she doesen't even get 2HKO'd. Toxic is obvious really. Moonlight is for recovery to keep her in good health. Attract is because of the huge amount of male pokemon, a 50% chance they don't attack is great and Psychic is to attack really. Modest because her defences are good enough already and without the SpAtk boost it can't deal any damage really.

The Next two are the ones that i'm not sure about:

Heracross @ Leftovers
Guts - Adamant
252Atk/160Def/96Spe
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Close Combat
Megahorn

After a Swords dance and with the guts boost, he can really pack a punch with his powerful dual STAB's. Although he doesn't last for long, he can really do some damage. He is the only pokemon from my original UU team. Unfortunately, as the game hates me, I end up missing like 3 megahorns in a row and dying.

Finally, the fat man, Slaking:

Slaking @ Leftovers
Truant - Adamant
Giga Impact
Punishment
Substitute
Toxic

He has beastly stats, his Giga Impact 1HKO's like 90% of the metagame ( this is not a fact - just what I have found to be the case), but his ability really makes him set-up bait,as he only moves every other turn.
Giga Impact is his primary move, STAB and it makes his ability redundant as he would have to recharge anyway. Punishment is incase I get set-up on and Substitute is to make him harder to kill. Toxic is a kind-of filler and is rerely used.

So that's it. Please post any comments or improvements although note that I will not completely remove either Porygon-Z or Bisharp, but they can, just like all the others, be modified.

Why does your Porygon-Z have PainSplit? It has a choice scarf, so pain split is useless. If anything switch that out for Dark Pulse, so that maybe you can KO the foes ghost type who is switching in expecting a Tri Attack

Thank's for the tip. i've now changed it and put the change in bold
i didn't think of it as the only move I use is Tri attack but it could be usefull.

also, Mismagius is a real problem for me, so any tips on that would be great

I'd also switch thunder to thunderbolt (for the sake of accuracy) and possibly remove one of the two other moves-- i.e. thunderbolt or ice beam-- in replacement of HP Fighting/Ground (to take care of steel types that resist both your other moves)

Also, wouldnt it be better for Cresselia to be running Ice Beam over Psychic. Yes you lose a STAB, but you make up for that with better coverage

dude no..... just no.....
k heres the general rule if u want to increase bulk 252 hp is better than 252 def
also bisharp will force a lot of switches so use sub
it protects u while u atk if ur not using sucker and stops burn which will ruin u
ur better off using iron head than psycho cut and shadow combined the coverage is horrible

togekiss is ok but if u pass to a scarfer they can easily switch to a resist or an immunity so u have to be careful of that

dont use toxic orb on heracross
hes too slow without scarf, and the damage will build up quickly from u taking hits and poison
still use guts though so he can be a status absorber

Thanks for the tips although I don't like having more than one scarfer but i'll put the rest in.

Bisharp -- Filler? Why would Bisharp need filler? Why aren't you running something like Brick Break? Shadow Claw is frankly redundant coverage with Sucker Punch, and Psycho Cut may seem appealing to beat fighting types, until you realise that Bisharp is outsped by all of them anyway.

Suggestion: Swords Dance/Sucker Punch/Brick Break/Night Slash or Substitute.

You can also try LO over Leftovers, Bisharp's SD LO Sucker Punch really packs a literal punch.

Porygon-Z: no comments

Togekiss: no comments either

Cresselia -- Attract? That doesn't really make sense tbh. What if you meet a player who actually uses female Pokemon? Attract is rather controversial in itself, so I'd leave it at that...

Heracross -- Sub + Poison is just asking to die faster. Just use Earthquake over Substitute.

Slaking -- Remove it. Now. ASAP. Slaking is terrible and the moment you use Slaking is the moment you lose whatever momentum you have. Giga Impact something to death? Congratulations, you have just become set-up fodder. Anything with Protect? Instant gg, my friend. I'd rather use Linoone over this any day, period.

Slaking's Giga Impact is absolutely terrifying. Holy shit.

But anyways, you could try Galvantula over Slaking. I use it as a late-game cleaner.

Here's the set - Thunder
Volt Switch
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz

With a choice specs and the ev's are 252 Speed, 252 SpA, and 4 Hp.

Slaking's Giga Impact is absolutely terrifying. Holy shit.

But anyways, you could try Galvantula over Slaking. I use it as a late-game cleaner.

Here's the set - Thunder
Volt Switch
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz

With a choice specs and the ev's are 252 Speed, 252 SpA, and 4 Hp.
I tried Galvantula over Slaking at your'e request but I didn't really like it as it isn't powerful enough for me and it dies quickly - although its probably because I can't use him well.

Any other suggestions for that last slot?

Did you use him as a sweeper? He's more of a scout/or revenge killer just keep the rocks of the field and you get a very potent pokemon.

Hmm, let me get back to you on that. Lemme figure out a suggestion.

Giga Impact doesn't let you switch. Drop Toxic for Facade or Return. I would drop Giga Impact for Earthquake or some coverage move and use Slack Off over Substitute.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Slaking's high stats are completely negated by his ability, so I recommend replacing him with someone that does his job better. You seem to be using him as a wallbreaker, so in terms of a good replacement, you may want to try choice Darmanitan. The power level is comparable and Darmanitan boosts better coverage+no truant.

Darmanitan @Choice Band Jolly/Choice Scarf Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
-Flare Blitz
-Rock Slide
-Super Power
-U-Turn

With a scarf, Darmanitan can run right through teams lacking bulky waters/bulky rock types. With a band, Darmanitan can fulfill a roll similar to that of your Slaking, wrecking a single pokemon and opening up the way for the rest of your team.

Heracross seems a bit pointless, as you already have a setup sweeper in Bisharp. You could switch Heracross for something to counter Mismagius, which really bothers your team. You may want to consider Banded Snorlax.

Snorlax @ Choice Band Adamant
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 SpD
-Return (Make sure you set happiness to 255)
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Pursuit

The given ev's allow Snorlax to handle anything Mismagius can throw at it, bar a +2 special attack hidden power fighting. Once you get in, Pursuit will kill it if it switches out, and crunch will kill it if it stays in. This does create a mind game senario in which you may not be comfortable in. For reference, assuming a standard subCm Mismagius stays in, Pursuit will deal 64.5% - 76.4% damage. Depending on how much you trust your prediction skills, it may be wise to use Pursuit regardless, as it can two-hit K.O. Mismagius in the worst of situations, while Mismagius can't do anything significant in return.

If you really want to use Slaking that bad, i suggest you take that horrifying lefties for a choice band, because slaking is not really going to be staying in taking hits. Also, he is better suited as a revenge killer, and with a retaliate after a death, he demolishes anything that is not a steel/ghost type. I recommend the following set:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant 4hp/252atk/252spe
-retaliate
-sucker punch
-earthquake
-fire/ice punch

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, interesting team, I've got some suggestions to improve it.

Let's start with Bisharp. It's a great mon, and the set you have is ok, but the EVs need some changing. You're right not to invest in Speed, becauase Bisharp is pretty slow and already has STAB Sucker Punch, but investing in HP instead of Special Defense increases its overall bulk. Try using this set:

Bisharp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break / Iron Head

This is basically the same as your set, but I changed the EVs, and put Substitute over Night Slash. With Substitute, you're safe from status. It also forces your opponent to attack, which works very well with Sucker Punch, eliminating the need for Night Slash. Brick Break is a cool move in the last slot, but try out Iron Head if you want a reliable STAB attack.

Scarf Porygon-Z is cool, but the moveset needs a little tweaking. Thunder is powerful and all, but its accuracy is unreliable, and it could miss at an important moment and cause you a game. I suggest changing it for Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt isn't as powerful, but it is definitely more reliable, and with Porygon-Z's fantastic Special Attack stat, you won't miss the extra power. Secondly, Hidden Power Ground isn't really hitting anything here, as there isn't really anything else that you can't hit with its other three moves. Becuase of this, I reccomend using Trick in the last slot. With Trick, you can cripple a wall like Snorlax that will switch in to tank your attacks. It also means that you will have freedom to switch attacks if you want, and will be able to recieve boosts from Togekiss, because you shouldn't be baton passing to a choiced Pokemon.

Cresselia is cool, but Attract is a really awful move. It's unreliable because you can't guarantee that every Pokemon will be male, and even when it takes effect, then it doesn't work all the time. I suggest replacing it with a move that will support your team, such as Lunar Dance. With Lunar Dance, you can kill off Cresselia once it's done its job, and fully revive something else. It's a wierd option, but try it out. It might just win you a game, and really, there isn't much else that you can use in the last slot, except maybe a coverage move or another status move.

I LOVE Slaking! Some people would tell you to change it, but you obviously want to use it, so there isn't much choice in that. Your set is a bit wierd though, try out this set, it's how Slaking is meant to be used:

Slaking (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Truant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Fire Punch

Ok, let me explain how this thing works. When using Slaking, the best strategy is to switch in, hit incredibly hard, and then just switch out before you get tied down by Truant, and what better way to take advantage of Choice Band? Since you're going to be switching anyway, it doesn't matter in the slightest that you'll be locked into one move, and you'll get a massive Attack boost too. The moveset can be changed to your taste, but I just went for its most powerful moves, while maintaining great coverage. Return will just tear through anything that doesn't resist it, and Earthquake will obliterate anything that does. Shadow Claw is for Ghost-types that'll try to switch in, and Fire Punch is just for Bronzong. Basically, you need some decent predictions, and you'll easily take out some unprepared Pokemon. Watch out for Protect though, because anything with Protect will screw you over. Some people overlook Slaking's surprisingly fast base 100 Speed, and you can use a Jolly nature if you want to take full advantage of that.

Good luck with the team, I hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)