Black flames engulf the weak

Who doesn't like surprising teams? I can bet you, this team is one of a kind. I thought of it all by myself (XD, i'm so proud). It's my 2nd very original/unique team. I'm not, by all means, a good player, so I am here seeking advice for this team to be the best possible.​

~I just want to be the best I can be~​

Team At The Glance

(notice how they're red and blue ^_^, red is for the fire, blue is for the water)

Edits will be in red

~switched to the lead~
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 Hp / 16 Atk / 176 Def / 100 Spe
Moveset:
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

I've always loved gyara.He seems to be on all of my teams ^^. Well, this is a standard bulky gyara. Ice fang is here to be able to kill dragons more efficiently. He's been a part of this team for eva. He catches alot of people off guard. Not much can stand up to it after a few Dragon dances. It is definitly a strong pokemon. I'm glad I can use it effectivly in the DP metagame than the Ruby/saphire/emerald metagame.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
- Rapid Spin
- thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

This starmie will allow me to effectively counter gyarados. And to some extent, mamoswine. The rapid spin gets rid of stealth rocks, whichcould be a big problem for my team.

Replaced for Breloom

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Posion Heal
EVs: 236 Hp / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
- Protect
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb​

I have no doubt that this breloom is the best starter. Protect will seek out those moves. Overall, he's a great status absorber/Inducer. Mach punch and Seed bomb are good stab moves. It gives me the lead of the match so fast. That's why I have him in front. Although the sub - seeder variant could be better, I think it's up to you guys to decide what to do with this breloom.​

I viewed some of the possible outcomes if breloom is leading
Breloom vs. Bronzong - Bronzong is indeed a common lead. If it has lefties, then I can easily spore it, making me in the lead. If I assume it has a lum berry, I wouldn't matter, since the tozic orb can shrug it off.
= leading start

Breloom vs. Celebi - Celebi's are uncommon, but... I'll sleep it, then use spore again, since it's an easy prediction it'll be switched out. If not, i send in heatran. It doesn't break the sleep clause
= leading start

Breloom vs. Gengar - Most lead gengars are sleep inducers, so I don't mind being put to sleep. It makes gengar locked on hypnosis, While I can fire back a spore.
= leading start

Breloom vs. Hipowdon/Swampert - if they're leading, it means they want to set up stealth rock. Spore would work quite nicely in this situation
= leading start

These are the basic status/support leaders. Breloom is way beyond their league. It can't be slept for to long, and it will get it's revenge by spore.​

Breloom vs. Moltres - Definetly a problem, most of these are choice scarfed. I would have to retreat for this guy, and kill it later on.
= FAIL start

Breloom vs. Swellow - Same as moltres, could hold a big threat. I'll retreat this time....
= FAIL start

ok... so Breloom doesn't do so well against leadding attackers. But does very well on those status inducers and support, which are more often leading.​

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 Hp / 56 Atk / 76 Def / 136 Spe
Nature: Impish
Moveset:
- Wish
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder
- U - turn​

This is a simple wish/u-turn set. It helps this team by support. Healing his teammates help, he is a healing force to be reckoned with XD. WIsh, then U-turn, it's as simple as that! I love this guys ability. It's great for haxing. Zen headbutt can flinch, and Thunder can paralyze. The paralyze would surely help this average speed team.​

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 100 SpA / 60 SpD
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthpower
- Lava Plume​
This guys A rest sleeptalker. Lava plume is one heck of a move. The 30% burn rate has always saved me in battles. Everyone underestimates him as a sleeptalker since many believe he's to slow to do the job well. But he holds many type resistances, giving this team some tanking support. Comes in on bvronzongs and celebis (and others).

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower​

I just realized how strong this guy is... OHKOing many types of pokemon. This set really is a beast. He... you could say, is not a dragon, but a monster. He's my Special Attacker that will barge in and do major damage. He's the type of guy who stop OHKOing things!​

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Stead Fast
Evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
- Swords Dance
- Xtreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Crunch​

Lucario has saved my butt lots of times. Like when I was faced with a bellzard. It had setted up, but I killed it's sub, lucario took it out with Xtremespeed. Without this guy, I wouldn't know what to do >>. SDluke kill all! It's an army when the Swords dance's are used.​

Final Words
Thank you for your time to read this rmt thread. I hope I get lots of Sugestions ^_^. Please feel free to be as harsh as you can, since I want this team to be the best. I might add a threat list if this team becomes popular, so make it the best!!!​

Thank you
~Celebii~​

You have massive problems with any attacker utilizing Ice/Ground attacks (Commonly Mamoswine and possibly Gyarados with Ice Fang/Earthquake). And unfortunately those common Ice/Ground combos, like Mamoswine, also pack Stone Edge which can hurt your Gyarados switch in, and some Gyarados run Stone Edge over Ice Fang which also hurts your team badly.

The synergy seems solid and the basic Jirachi/Salamence/Gyarados combination works well for passing around Wish support. I think breloom lets your team down. He's a solid pokemon but with such high Gliscor/Celebi usage on the shoddy battle ladder his effectiveness is harshly limited. I would consider some kind of spinner possibly with two stealth rock weaknesses and solid Gyarados/Mamoswine coverage since yours is questionable at best. Starmie fits well for a Rapid Spinner and Gyardos coverage, and on a limited basis can swap into the majority of Mamoswine that aren't CB. As for a new starter/lead for your team I would say consider Salamence or Gyarados for the Intimidate start, Gyarados is pretty good as that role since he can Taunt any Bronzong that might try to set up Stealth Rock early.

if you want to use the leech seed breloom i suggest not using him as lead. making heatran a phazer seems a bit risky since most likely your going to be phazing sweeprs swords dance, nasty plot, calm mind close combat, surf wich after a couple boost heatran is dead.

I would recommend squeezing a stealth rocker onto your team somehow, as once lucario is set up he greatly benefits from the switch in damage, bringing most tanks into ohko range.

I'm not sure how well your team would fare against a gengar lead. You might want to tweak Jirachi's evs toward the sp def side, as after heatran absorbs the sleep you'll need yet another thing to switch to. Also, body slam over thunder... you're looking at 100% accuracy vs 70%, and a 60% chance of paralysis vs 42%.

Gengar over mence might be good, it would give you a nice sleep and a fighting immunity which would might need if gyara goes down. Plus, even tho it would be pokemon #2 that dies horribly to pursuit, one has to remember that Lucario resists that shit 4x and pursuers are usually choice banded. =?D>

What do you plan to do against an Azelf? He could cause this team some problems =/ Unless you have nice prediction skills =}
Heatran is one one the best zelf counters in the game. I wouldn't call it a threat at all. Lucario has extreme speed so that could also take care of azelf.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know, it wouldn't be a bad option to use Jirachi as a lead and set-up Stealth Rock early in the game. Your Gyarados' sweep can wait until late-game, once Stealth Rock has severely crippled the opponents' team. Besides, your Heatran can induce lead Bronzong's Hypnosis, while Starmie freely clears the field of Stealth Rock - nulifying the usual effective Bronzong lead into nothing. Which reminds me, remove Breloom for the original Starmie that you once had in the team. Starmie was utilized to its fullest with Ice Beam and Thunderbolt coverage, which countered both Garchomp and Salamence, whilst Thunderbolt cared for Gyarados and other Water-types, including opposing Starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)