Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
It would be nice if they at least came up with an item that allowed for gravity's effects to be prolonged (like light clay does for reflect and light screen). One of these days...

atsync

Just make one for both of them (and tailwind too).

Also, has anyone else tried Scarf Darmanitan as a lead in super singles? I got the idea from navi823's record and its been pretty impressive. It's so easy to use. You just Flare Blitz if the opponent is sure to die (this applies to a lot of stuff) and U-turn out if you can't kill it. I put a team together with Darmanitan and was able to get a streak of 62 on my first try (I lost because an Electrode paralyzed me with Static as I killed it, allowing a Jynx to sweep my whole team -_-). Might be worth a try if someone is looking for something different (i.e. not just a standard cripple-for-a-sweeper team).

hmmm.. interesting.

maybe a rotom-w + darmantian + haxorus team?

OH WAIT they cant all be scarfed.

maybe they can each hold their respective locking item for the lulz :)

specs rotom, scarf darmanitan, and band haxorus lol

@ Atsync

I made my best singels streak with scarfed Darmanitan and the dmg output is really over the top.Most of the time you just Flare Blitz through teams so it´s really fast to get through a set of 7 trainers. You have to pair it up with a defensive mon because after a while you have to use U-turn more often. Usually you get attackt with water and ground moves so make sure you have something that resists.[SIZE=-2]

Darmanitan, Suicune, Scizor

[/SIZE]

OK, I don´t believe in coincidence when it comes to Subway...how come that the AI always pulls out a counter-team of some sorts everytime I continue my challenge after saving the game and switching it off? No wonder I always seem to lose during the first 2 sets the next day I play, which gets on my nerves a lot (spending the whole day before winning only to lose after waking up)...
I find the perfect counter-teaming suspicious as well. Also reminds of me of when I tried Jumpman's Drapion team in 4th gen and got completely screwed (my 'Battle Tower Hax' video) in the second battle using that team... not battle 2, if you know what I mean. The game is not worth the disappointment.

This game plain sucks.
Don´t take this post too seriously, I´m just being overly emotional about the game I´m rather addicted to.
I'm taking it seriously because I can relate to it, lol... it's why I've given up on the game and started playing an excellent tactical RPG - Fire Emblem. It requires plenty of thinking just like Pokemon, only without hax.

Anyway, good luck everyone, be strong, don´t let the Subway drag you down to the painful level I´m currently at.
Too late in my case, lol.

P.S. Someone else should try using Spite like I did, and see if you get a better streak with that move...

atsync

I made my best singels streak with scarfed Darmanitan and the dmg output is really over the top.Most of the time you just Flare Blitz through teams so it´s really fast to get through a set of 7 trainers. You have to pair it up with a defensive mon because after a while you have to use U-turn more often. Usually you get attackt with water and ground moves so make sure you have something that resists.[SIZE=-2]

Darmanitan, Suicune, Scizor
[/SIZE]
Holy crap I didn't even see your streak on the list lol.

I was thinking of teaming it up with Rotom-W, who has served me well on other teams. It has good bulk and resists water and ground. It also has volt switch which I see being useful for getting Darmanitan in for free if I have to U-turn out at the start of the battle. I'll probably just use Latios as my third member unless I can think of something else.

Rotom-W could work because it counters nearly all water types,especially with HP grass for those nasty water/ground types. Latios also resits water and ground and takes care of dragons which can cause problems.
I would say try it.

I´ll give my Darmanitan team one more try after my actual streak has finished :D

atsync

I restarted my Darmanitan team and it was going so well until I lost at battle 48 to this:

930 | Zapdos | Bold | BrightPowder | Charge Beam | Heat Wave | Double Team | Roost | HP/SpD

Thanks to brightpowder and double team, none of my attacks hit it while it happily boosted up D:<

Still, this is a great team. As long as you play your cards right, the only way you'll lose is if some ridiculous hax occurs (see above). I guess I'll start a new streak again tomorrow...

Super Subway Singles

Dusclops@ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Nature: Calm
~ Flash
~ Memento
~ Taunt
~ Pain Split​

Okay this thing is amazing!! Its really bulky due to Eviolite!! making it perfect for crippling leads!! So the plan is go in and flash them loads and maybe use Taunt as well so i'm not worrying about any stats if my health goes down I can use Pain Split then when finished I use Memento now depending on the pokemon or situation I switch in either Dragonite or Empoleon.​

Empoleon @ Petaya berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 36 Hp / 16 Def / 252 SpAtk / 204 SpD
Nature: Modest
~ Surf
~ Ice beam
~ Substitute
~ Agility​

Very effective set it wasn't my idea but it works well so...anyway use Substitute and Agility until I reach the point where Torrent and the Petaya berry kicks in! Empoleon is great due to its typing and in general!!

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Nature: Jolly
~ Dragon Claw
~ Dragon Dance
~ Fire Punch/Earthquake
~ Roost​

A semi bulky Dragonite here i'm annoyed I cant get Multiscale but it should work well regardless..I hope

please rate before i train up :)

okay thanks i've changed it!! Any ideas for an item? What do you think i should use on dragonite fire punch or earthquake?

okay thanks i've changed it!! Any ideas for an item? What do you think i should use on dragonite fire punch or earthquake?
You should refrain from using that Empoleon set because it really only works with Petaya Berry and we have no idea when that will be released.

Use Fire Punch on Dragonite for the best coverage in 2 attacks. I would also definitely suggest using Multiscale on Dragonite

Okay i just came up with a subway team.

darmanitan @choice scarf
adamant
8 hp 248 attack 248 speed (level 50 max)
-flare blitz
-rock slide
-superpower
-u-turn

haxorus @choice band
40 hp 248 attack 216 speed
adamant
-outrage
-earthquake
-brick break
-dragon claw

porygon 2 @eviolite
248 hp 160 defense 98 special defense
bold
-thunderbolt/charge beam
-ice beam
-toxic/doube team
-recover

any comments/ suggestions?

248 EVs is not level 50 max (assuming 31 IVs). You should either have 244 or 252. Darmanitan also has 4 unused EVs. It should really be 4 / 252 / 4 / 0 / 4 / 244 or... I would just do max speed with 4/252/252 because one extra stat point in defenses probably isn't letting it survive much more.

Definitely Toxic on Porygon 2. When I used P2 on Subway, other than Recover, Toxic was the most used move on P2. Toxic and Recover work extremely well together for stalling.

I don't think I ever got over 56 on my Whimsicott/Smeargle/Espeon team. Last time losing was vs Toxic Spikes Drapion. I guess maybe that's why I should have taunt on Whimsicott. Heh, o well. I won't be having much time to play in the next short while. I'll see if I come up with something somewhat creative to try out again.

Yesterday, I went back to my second best team – Hitmontop, Latios, Hydreigon, Metagross that I got to 179 with on the first try (I´ve changed Hydra to DM and Chople).

OK, I don´t believe in coincidence when it comes to Subway...how come that the AI always pulls out a counter-team of some sorts everytime I continue my challenge after saving the game and switching it off? No wonder I always seem to lose during the first 2 sets the next day I play, which gets on my nerves a lot (spending the whole day before winning only to lose after waking up)...

Sorry for being an asshole, but it´s plain unfair fluffy if you get to 500 or 800 with your team with two Ice weaks, only because you don´t face Ice Trainers or Aboma+Snow Cloak leads, seriously. I woke up and the first battle today (#29) was against a Worker with an Abomasnow+Glaceon lead, followed by Walrein & Vanilluxe. I somehow managed to win 1-0 if only because I didn´t miss Glaceon. Wonder what happened 15 minutes later? I faced another Worker at battle #39 with the same lead duo of Glaceon+Abomasnow. This time, of course, I wasn´t lucky enough to hit...I actually missed Glaceon 3 times in a row (CC, Bullet & Thrower) and lost 3-0.

This game plain sucks.

Don´t get me wrong. I know how good your team is and how it owns 98% of the Subway. But the Ice Worker weak, there´s no way to fix that, so you just play hoping you won´t face those often and that they don´t start with Abomasnow or Hail Froslass and you don´t miss.

I don´t know what to do. I´ve used a Machamp, but even a Jolly Scarf is outsped by Froslass. I thought about using Aura Sphere, but it also won´t be able to hit Froslass and Luca is outsped by Cryo as well. Also you can´t do a thing against QC Glaceon that will OHKO, CH or freeze you and avoid your attacks. Ice teams are a nightmare. Maybe I should teach Specs Latios Sunny Day or Rain Dance or something lol.

Also I lost at #156 yesterday because I didn´t attack the correct Pokémon turn 1, my fault. Now I believe I only got that far because I faced just 1 Ice Worker until then. The team had almost 0 trouble, there was maybe one close battle against a legendary trainer (I´ve faced like 10 of them) and one against a Harlequin.

#156 vs Pilot Artemas: Moltres, Staraptor, Thundurus, Crobat
1. Fake Out Tres, Dragon Pulse Raptor, Raptor fainted, Tres flinched.
- foe Thund
2. Top Sucker Punch Thund, Thund Dark Pulse, Latios at 60/156, Latios Dragon Pulse, Thund fainted, Moltres Air Slash, Latios fainted.
- foe Crobat, me Hydra
3. Moltres Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat X-Scissor, Hydra at 73/167, Hydra Dark Pulse, Tres protected.
4. Hydra Protect, Moltres double Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat Scissor, Hydra protected.
5. Top Sucker Tres, Bat Scissor, Hydra fainted, Tres Air Slash, Sash.
- me Meta
6. Top Sucker Bat, Bat Cross Poison, Top fainted, Tres Heat Wave, CH!, Meta fainted.
0-2

Yes I misplayed, but still, I´ve put Occa Berry on Metagross alongside Rock Slide exactly for these kind of situations. But hell no, in the 1 battle in 100 that I actually have to rely on Occa, the AI says FU and CHs Metagross. Thanks you.

By the way:
177spA Thundurus Dark Pulse vs 130 sD Latios = 82-98 dmg = 52-63% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs vs 130 sD Latios = 58-69 dmg = 37-44% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs 130 sD Hitmontop = 116-138 = 92-100% dmg

Why in the world did Moltres attack Latios instead of Top turn 2 and then double protect? I just don´t get the AI...

Don´t take this post too seriously, I´m just being overly emotional about the game I´m rather addicted to.

Anyway, good luck everyone, be strong, don´t let the Subway drag you down to the painful level I´m currently at.

Of course I say this and then I go and lose at to a TR Musharna + 3rd pokemon Abomasnow. =( Even worse is that this was completely avoidable since it was a Waitress and I could/should have known to kill the 100% TR Musharna first, but Abomasnow under TR is bad bad bad. Write up coming shortly.

I want agree with TRE in thinking that the AI cheats and looks at the RNG ahead of time to see if they can get a KO or not. Actually this may explain my experience with Yanmega, Ape has lower defenses than top and therefore get targeted since it is a 100% OHKO (idk, didnt run the calcs). However I still see Weaville using fake out on Latios when Ice/Dark attacks are OHKOs, so idk. Has anyone noticed random use of stone edge/high CH moves by the AI as in the last game?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I keep getting myself frustrated in the Super Multi Line because even your partner recklessly attacks, sometimes costing you more than what you bargained for. Jokingly I ARed myself a ridiculously broken Thundurus moveset to quickly advance further in the line. Even with Spore, Ice Beam and Tail Glow equipped with Focus Sash, I was left sat there thinking: "Subway just won't hand that trophy over".

I think I'll fall back into the Singles Train to see how I perform with my newly acquired Ninetales and co.

atsync

Yeah, multi with the in-game partner is just a huge crapshoot. They don't know how to distinguish a threat from a non-threat and just sit there attacking. Plus some of the pokemon your partner uses are just terrible for subway (cryogonal.....).

If you want the trophy, you're better off just playing with someone else if possible (or just play with yourself using 2 ds' like I did).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)