Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Great streaks there lads :)

@Atsync: Glad your enojoying my leads, but your obviously using them in a different way lol. I've started another streak with them but with different back up and its going ok atm currently around 40ish i think. Umbreon and co is the reason i have toxic on Abomasnow to speed battles up but that obviously wouldn't work with a choice scarf lol.

The team i'm testing atm is extremely fun to use so i'll post the basics now :)

leads:

Abomasnow-focus sash: Blizzard, Energy ball, Toxic, Protect
Heatran - Air Balloon: Heat wave, earth power, flamethrower, protect
Gastrodon -quick claw: Scald, HP Grass, Ice beam, Earth power
Latios - Expert belt: Surf, Dragon Pulse, Psyshock, thunderbolt

It plays really well and rather simply in truth, its fun to call back aboma for gastrodon and have a heatran basicly only weak to fighting attacks if his air balloon still in tact.
The first two work great together relying on weakness to take advantage of a free turn while the back two are just power houses abusing free boost and damaging surfs, latios also works well with the team in general because it adds a fighting resist and the famous steel/dragon combo. This team also doesn't really mind the weather being changed much either due to sun and rain can both be abused by heatran and latios which is a nice bonus.

good luck everyone :)

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, I hate Volcarona -_- admittedly I'm not the most experienced Battle Subway player, but after losing my Gengar/Ferrothorn/Suicune team to Volcarona 4 times out of 7, with 3 in a row, and no streak above 32, I think I need to change something.
Volcarona was a problem poke for my Garchomp/Suicune/Ferrothorn team too, so I hear you.

One possibility for salvaging your Gengar lead, if you are able to RNG, is to try HP Rock Gengar, with HP rock in the typical focus blast slot. You'll lose coverage on steel, dark, and normal pokes but be much better able to dispose of Volcaronas. Furthermore, at least one of Suicune or Ferrothorn can usually switch into and set up on steel, dark, and normal pokes anyway, so the reduced coverage may not be too much of a problem.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was always wondering how many Subway battles per day your limit is, guys. I don´t know how many of you wasted ehm spent a whole day just battling and how many hours did you manage to play (how many battles / sets of 7)...

For me, Tower / Subway tires me quite a lot as it´s pretty monotone, then there´s the fact that losing means I just threw out hours of your life and that´s depressing if you go for a long streak... I often find myself sick of playing when I play too long (like more than 6 hours), thinking I´d go crazy if I played any more matches. I don´t seem to have such a problem with other games though.

Anyway, I´m mostly interested in R Inanimate, how long do you play per day? Or do you just happen to let your bro TRE play your streak when you´re tired thus making non-stop play possible lol? Or do the both of you maybe play the same team simultaneously on each´s game or something?

On topic, after my 213 loss yesterday, I began another streak without all the logs, significantly increasing the number of battle per hour. I did 56 yesterday evening, but lost battle #108 today against another fast electric, Raikou, which CHed Terrakion turn one with Volt Switch, here´s the battle:

#108 vs Gentleman Camus - Heatran, Raikou, Regirock, Zapdos
beat up, rai volt switch CH, kion KO, rai switched, rock in, tran flash cannon, vile sash - my cune
vile punch tran, rock superpower, vile KO, cune CM, tran flash cannon, cune 182/205
lati protected, heatran protect, rock rock polish, cune CM
rock slide, bolt tran, cune flinched, flash cannon, lati 28/156
lati protect, slide, cune scald, rock KO, tran flash cannon, lati protected - foe rai
shadow ball, lati KO, cune scald CH, rai KO, tran flash cannon, cune 122/205 - foe zap
bolt, 30/205, chesto rest, tran wow
bolt, 82/205, CM, overheat, white herb, 33/205 after burn
tran protect, zap bolt CH, cune KO
0-2

I wasn´t thinking clearly because I should have just fully set up Cune when I was facing -1 regirock and heatran which couldn´t do anything to Cune...that Rock Slide flinch on Cune was game deciding as I was CMing for the 3rd time that turn and a +3 Ice Beam OHKOs both Thunderbolt Zapdos sets...

I´m back at #70 now, not sure how many more battles I can take today lol.

@RiggyRob: Just in case you weren't aware, Bronzong does not learn Curse. I'm not sure if you were thinking about Steelix (whose SpDef and HP will be hard to make Curse work).

I didn't do much on my end other than improving my streak from 119 to 126, still going. I should have some time to get it higher today (or... of course, lose).

EDIT:
I was always wondering how many Subway battles per day your limit is, guys. I don´t know how many of you wasted ehm spent a whole day just battling and how many hours did you manage to play (how many battles / sets of 7)...

For me, Tower / Subway tires me quite a lot as it´s pretty monotone, then there´s the fact that losing means I just threw out hours of your life and that´s depressing if you go for a long streak... I often find myself sick of playing when I play too long (like more than 6 hours), thinking I´d go crazy if I played any more matches. I don´t seem to have such a problem with other games though.
I totally hear you on your 2nd paragraph. It's the reason I don't play that much anymore nowadays. Now, I pretty much just play a bit before going to bed, or probably in today's (going to play a bit more) case, I'll be playing when I'm watching TV. I used to play more before because I'd be playing while commuting (sometimes driving, sometimes bussing/waiting for a bus/taking a train). That's also why I rarely look at the Subway pokemon tables and just about never at what pokemon each trainer potentially has... I don't make it too too analytically for myself since it's more fun that way for me.

O yeah, on a day where I play "a bit" before going to bed, it's probably around half an hour to an hour (i.e. 1 or 2 sets of 7 usually... usually I'm on the computer chatting or doing something else while playing). If it's while watching TV, that's around an extra 1.5 hours.

EDIT 2: Ok, actually at 147 for my Stoutland/Dragonite/Volcarona team now, yay. Let's see if I can beat my previous best of 178...

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyway, I´m mostly interested in R Inanimate, how long do you play per day? Or do you just happen to let your bro TRE play your streak when you´re tired thus making non-stop play possible lol? Or do the both of you maybe play the same team simultaneously on each´s game or something?
Usually when I start going on a long streak, I really can't stop playing until I've lost. When it gets to something like this, I'm probably playing about 6 or 8 hours a day which tends to be around 150-200 battles. I think the most I've done in one day was around 250 battles.

If I'm not currently on going for a record run, I only play for a little bit every so often.

EDIT: I think the repetitive aspect of Battle Subway doesn't really affect me too much when I start going on a long streak, as a lot of the times I can be fairly safe in the battle as long as I pay attention to the the opponent Trainer Class since I have a lot of the relevent Subway Pokemon movesets memorized. I probably don't worry too much about losing a long record, since I've lost in the 300+ range countless amounts of times in 4th gen while using my Trick Room team.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm not really sure how long I play normally. I guess a couple of streaks of 7 in a day seems right. On the other hand, when I was recording my singles record I was playing nonstop for hours on end! Basically I reached my goal of 120 wins and then I decided to... just keep going to see how many records I could beat. I got a bit overconfident in the end which contributed to my loss (there was no reason to use Low Sweep on Weavile when Sucker Punch already proved strong enough to kill Hydreigon ugh). Still it was worth playing for so long since I ended up in the top 10 for a brief moment (I fell out of it by the time the list was updated though).

Since I'm currently doing Multi now, I doubt that I'll be able to play for nearly as long especially since I have other stuff in my life I need to work on. I fail to understand why you can't turn the animations off at least! Still, at least the extra time allows me to think about my actions during battle (I have the tendancy to rush through battles particularly early which has lead to many avoidable losses).

@ Ashez Well I don't think that using Toxic on a Scarfer I necessarily terrible, but it wouldn't really help with speeding up battles. Still, Umbreon isn't so bad since Hail cancels its leftovers and nerfs its Moonlight so it dies eventually to repeated beatings.

As for my backups, its a bit tricky as I have less choice when I want to switch out in Multi (since I can only switch out for the pokemon on the same half of my team). Currently I have Salamence backing up Heatran and Azumarill backing up Abomasnow. I haven't encountered any reason to switch them yet but we'll see.

EDIT: Oops! Just lost at 20-something. Should have checked the sets more closely. Basically, I faced a Garchomp which turned out to be the Choice Scarf one (again, should have checked more carefully and switched to Azumarill). It killed my Abomasnow with Fire Fang, which left me helpless against the back-up Lum Berry Salamence that just happened to win the speed tie against my own Salamence and kill it with Outrage (so yes it got lucky with Outrage hitting Salamence). The Quick Claw activation for Steelix which let it kill Heatran sealed the deal. It sucks but I'd rather lose earlier than later because losing later in Multi is gay. I will likely restart tomorrow since I didn't really lose because of a team flaw but because of a misplay combined with hax.

@RiggyRob: Just in case you weren't aware, Bronzong does not learn Curse. I'm not sure if you were thinking about Steelix (whose SpDef and HP will be hard to make Curse work).
Damn, I guessed I just assumed it does since it learns Gyro Ball - oh well. I've considered also Scrafty and Conkeldurr as my defensive booster (seriously, how good are Fighting types?!) w/ Drain Punch instead of Rest but y'know...egg moves...

@NoCheese, unfortunately I can't RNG anything, it's pure blood and sweat that goes into breeding my Pokemon - although I did make the mistake of EV'ing my Timid Gengar which has a 31 IV in HP instead of Special Attack. I kept wondering why it would come juuuuuuuust short of KO'ing stuff ¬_¬

Also, with Gengar/Ferrothorn/Suicune, it can take ~30mins just to do two sets of 7, depending on how risky I decide to be with Gengar, but with Cloyster/Garchomp/Suicune I can get through battles almost half as quick. Mind you, I do tend to just zone out while playing....

Still on Singles after a streak cut at 48. I would quit Singles as soon as I get a 49+ streak as I find Doubles more "fun". :D

I've taken to leading with Garchomp to speed up proceedings by a considerable margin.

I think for the next time I encounter the subway boss battle I would equip a Ground Gem just so Haxorus dies in 1 hit. That, or lead with Scizor as a sacrificial lamb...

EDIT: Fell to Thundurus.

Peterko

Never give up!
My NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! scream must have been heard in Canada...

I really hate this game...seriously.

#237 vs PKMN Ranger Ivy - Muk, Scizor, Lapras, Tentacruel:

1. Scizor Bullet Punch, Vile Sash, Beat Up-Sword, Scizor KO, Muk Curse - foe Tenta
2. Muk Shadow Sneak, Vile KO, Kion Slide, Tenta Sash, Muk 38% left, Tenta Hydro Pump, Kion KO - my Lati & Cune
3. Psyshock, Muk KO, Giga Drain, Cune 137/205, drained HP, Scald, Tenta lives - foe Lapras
4. Pulse, Tenta KO, Cune CM, Lapras Bolt, Cune 81/205, paralyzed Cune.
5. Lati Bolt, Lapras avoided, Lapras Ice Beam, Lati KO, Cune fully paralyzed.
6. Lapras Thunderbolt, Cune 15/205, Cune fully paralyzed.
7. Lapras Thunderbolt, Cune KO
0-1

Video No.: 26-72324-87238

I know that Muk knows Shadow Sneak, why didn´t I Ice Shard Tenta to make sure Slide kills or just switch out Vile like I almost always do when it has 1 HP? I don´t know, I suck and am too lazy to move my hand 10 cm and click on the screen where the moveset list is open... Now I know, it was the forelast battle before a break (I was going to eat) so I wasn´t focusing on the battle anymore damn, I really have no clue what I did with Vile, but it obviously wasn´t Ice Shard...

I know that Tenta has Giga Drain so it will recover HP and Scald won´t kill it, why didn´t I just Calm Mind? I remembered Giga Drain in the moment right after I clicked Scald (that´s too late idiot), fuck me for not checking the moveset list.

Lapras go die in a hole, a paralyzing Thunderbolt, then all of a sudden you target Latios (because first it needed my LO dmg as it does max 150 dmg with beam to Latios), which misses you because your Powder shines and the cherry on top was the two turns of fully para in a row...

I hate myself even more for losing this battle because it´s a sure 3-0 win if Vile Ice Shards Tenta turn 2...why the hell did I give the AI the chance to screw me like this? I just lost 9 hours of my life...

Monday, Jan. 30th, 2012 - battles #1-126 (plus the 52 battles from 57 to 108 in the previous streak)
Tuesday, Jan. 31st, 2012 - battles #127-237

Here´s a really close battle from earlier today that I played flawlessly after the not so good turn 1 (I lost to the same Volt Switch Raikou yesterday at #108, its partner was Heatran back then, as well lol ).

video no. 58-31729-49212: #149 vs - Heatran, Raikou, Registeel, Landorus:

beat up, rai volt switch, kion 72/167, foe steel, rock slide, tran 25% , tran fire blast, vile sash
vile out, cune in, slide, steel avoided, tran KO, steel iron head, kion KO - my lati, foe rai
rai bolt, cune 65/205, psyshock, rai 25% left, steel rock polish, cune chesto rest
tpunch 157/205, bolt, 11/205, pulse, rai KO, cune rest - foe lando
lati protect, tpunch 159/205, slide, lati protected, cune 136
steel quake, cune 116/205, bolt, steel 30% left, lando sandstorm
lando protect, steel tpunch, cune 62/205, lati bolt, steel KO, cune rest
pulse, lando 20% left, slide, lati 5% left after sand and LO
pulse, lando KO, LO dmg, lati KO
1-0

I´m never gonna get a 400+ streak in the Subway...

EDIT: I´ve updated the record list (first post). Please post any mistakes in this topic. Thank you.

Thanks for the update Peterko!

I did get higher than 147 streak now in my streak, but that's fine. There's always the next update.

I ended up playing more than just "a little bit more" yesterday and today. I guess when I'm close to a new record, I play more...

Yesterday I ended my night at 168. Of course, since my personal best was just 10 away, I got up to play some more today to try to beat my 178 personal best. I did, and then I look to see the record list that the next ranking score to beat were 181, 185, 186, and 193.

I was at 182 after beating my 178 (obviously we all know how to divide by 7). So I did another set of 7 to get 189. Then I figured, I might as well try another 7 to beat 193, and I did. Then I decided that's quite a lot of subway the past 2 days, so I'm currently at 196.
EDIT: O yeah, it's still going... in case that wasn't clear.

Same team, same movesets (Stoutland / Dragonite / Volcarona).

Additional Comments:
- 80% of the time Dragonite's the one setting up, often times even vs ice types, assuming the puppy did its job crippling. If Stoutland fainted too soon, then of course, Volcarona sets up on most non-water ice types fairly easily, but doesn't happen very often.

Annoying Pokemon / Threats (More specific this time):
- Electrode: Not really a huge threat, but it's somewhat annoying sometimes, because both its abilities are annoying. Static cripples Dragonite 30% of the time, while Soundproof means Volcarona can't do much other than rest stall or try to let Dragonite set up.
--> One battle, I did face Electrode, and I got Dragonite to fully set up, but when it KO'd Electrode Static activated. Not too big of a problem, except 2nd pokemon was focus sash Froslass. She was faster since I was paralyzed. Dragonite lost sub as Froslass is down to sash. Switched to Volcarona to set up and win. So, it's battles like these where, even though Volcarona isn't used nearly as often... still saves the day, since having a paralyzed Dragonite facing an ice type is super risky. Yeah, Suicune replacing Volcarona probably works fine (potentially even better) too I would think, but I've had my share of Suicune set ups for the time being.
EDIT2: Whoa! Lol! Currently at 208 streak, I just found out ... Snarl is a sound move. So... ... it's actually very easy to test which kind of electrode it is. So, Electrode Lead isn't a problem at all anymore. I should have known. :P

- By far the 2 most serious threats encountered so far were Regirock and Speed Boost Yanmega
- Regirock: Should be super obvious why this is a huge threat. Clear Body means the only thing Stoutland can do is Twave (which is totally needed, or else I probably don't even stand a chance). I always try to set up with Dragonite for those. Dragonite basically has to stall Regirock out of rock move (and ice punch for that ice punch one) but sub-roosting. If Dragonite freezes from the Ice Punch one, it's basically game over. (In such a case, all I could do is switch to Volcarona right away hoping for a burn on Regirock so I can hopefully survive long enough to set up on the next pokemon with Volcarona). Ice Punch does less than 25% to Multiscale Dragonite roosting, so yah, sub-roost to pp-stall it out. Those full paralysis lucky breaks are very much appreciated.

- Not as huge of a threat, but Yanmega, one has Cheri, and another has Lum, so Twave would be no good. One also has King's Rock. All 3 of them screw me over one way or another. First time it was the King's Rock one, flinching Stoutland with Bug Buzz and then KOing, putting me in a pretty tough position. Any multiple flinches in a row means game over, but yah, thank goodness Dragonite did its job. The other 2 times, it was the Lum one, which I tried to Twave (I guess I shouldn't do that heh... Snarl it is, next time).

- I thought Metagross (Clear Body) would be a somewhat big one too, but everytime so far it's been either the Trick one, or it's one that randomly EQs Dragonite.

There was this other time where I was facing Amnesia Leftovers Regice lead (it was a legendary trainer). So I Twave and switch to Volcarona to set up. It was an easy time setting up, but man, Volarona almost ran out of Bug Buzz PP at the end of the battle because +6Sp Def Regice was like 5 or 6 Hit KO (and then it used Protect which stalled out some more Bug Buzz PP). 2nd Pokemon was the specially defensive toxi-stall Chesto Rest Thundurus, which Bug Buzz fails to OHKO, so that one took a few more PP (4 PP, I believe -> 1. Toxic fail - Bug Buzz. 2. Rest-Chesto - Bug Buzz. 3. Rest - Bug Buzz. 4. Sleep - Bug Buzz KO), and the last pokemon was some Pressure stall thing I forgot which also isn't OHKO'd by Volcarona Bug Buzz. Good that PP was maxed.

EDIT LAST:
Wow, I played so much more Subway than I usually do. I guess having a record going does make a big difference. This morning I think I was at 161 (actually 168, now that I read what I typed above).
Currently at 252 in Single Subway! Stopping here for the day since that already jumped me from 16th to 6th in ranking, and 5th is like 80 more, which won't be a while, if I even reach there (I still have not got any 300+ even in Gen IV), well, 85 more wins until Peterko!

Also, Yanmega's not too huge of a threat now. As long as I Snarl instead of Twave first turn (and Snarl doesn't miss) and no double crits in a row or like many flinches in a row, I should be ok. Regirock is still the biggest problem though. I faced it another 2 more times leading again. Dragonite got the job done, but I still get a bit worried when Regirock leads. But a bit of correction from above though. Dragonite doesn't necessarily have to stall Regirock out of Rock moves (or Ice Punch)... a few full paralysis allowing Dragonite to get to +6/+6 is good enough. :D

Another pokemon that was annoying though -> Roar Endeavor Donphan, which appeared as 2nd pokemon after Dragonite fully set up (and Stoutland fainted).

Dragon Claw activated Sturdy, Roar -> no more boosts, can't just sub due to roar or endeavor, I was switching around, but it just endeavors... so no good. At the end, of course, I just had to KO it with no boosts down and hoping that the next pokemon is manageable, and that time it was Chesto Curse Rest Swampert. Dragonite DD'd twice while Swampert Cursed, and then I won the battle against it since waterfall didn't do much damage, and then I was DDing as it rested the 2nd time.

Peterko

Never give up!
Not sure if I add the Emerald Frontier stuff, haven´t thought about it yet hmm.

Congrats Chinese Dood on the nice streak and good luck when you continue. I´m what, number #4 in both lists, I suck...no idea why you aim to beat my record lol, btw I still have more doubles streaks on the list than you have singles hahaha 17 to 13 :)

I´ve bred some Shuckle last week and I just tested how well it works in singles...

Shuckle @ Chesto: Gastro Acid, Power Split, Rest, Struggle Bug
Suicune @ Lefties: Scald, Rest, Calm Mind, Substitute
Haxorus @ Wide Lens: Dual Chop, Earthquake, Substitute, Dragon Dance

Oh boy, I´ve faced two Taunt Aerodactyl, three Slide flinching Golem, Taunt Spiritomb, Taunt Krook, two (in a row) Waterfall Feraligatr, a few Starmie, within the first 14 battles (started at #8 because I was at #7 with some other random test)...I don´t even remember what I lost to between 21-28.

Next streak I managed to win 51 battles, somehow surviving an onslaught of turn 1 CHs in every other battle, going through another bunch of Water Types and Rock Slide flinches, Roar/Block Bastiodon, Roar Granbull, winning against Belly Drum Hariyama only because it wanted to finish off Cune with Ice Punch (letting me Rest-stall Brick Break), winning a very close battle because I had a naked Cune out against Espeon 3 (Grass Knot) because lead Metagross just exploded on my Sub (Haxorus managed a comeback with 1 DD), until finally being 3-0d by SD Garchomp 4 which got a CH Quake in against Shuckle and then proceeded to own Cune (Scald didn´t burn in two hits) and OHKO Haxorus...

Yeah...I understand now the 462 guy that he is able to handle Rocks with two Rock resists behind Shuckle, but I just don´t get how he can handle those physical stat uppers (Belly Drum, Sword Dance) and physical turn1 Taunters. Also questioning other guys who used Shuckle. Maybe I have to try harder, but I don´t see the Shuckle light yet :p

There´s still something positive, I found out that Sturdy still protects from OHKO moves...I have no clue why I thought it had lost that effect ._.

Thanks Peterko! It's not that I'm purposely "aiming" for your record. It's more like, I'm at 252 (well 266 now), and the next record to beat is 336 and 337 (then it's Jumpman's 375), so if I'm going to try to beat 336, I might as well aim to beat 337 since it's only 1 away, while Jumpman's, I wouldn't think about until I actually get 337 first. You know, just kind of one step at a time. (But then I just realized 336 is divisible by 7, so 337 isn't actually just 1 away, it would really be 7 away, heh.)

Yeah...I understand now the 462 guy that he is able to handle Rocks with two Rock resists behind Shuckle, but I just don´t get how he can handle those physical stat uppers (Belly Drum, Sword Dance) and physical turn1 Taunters. Also questioning other guys who used Shuckle. Maybe I have to try harder, but I don´t see the Shuckle light yet :p

There´s still something positive, I found out that Sturdy still protects from OHKO moves...I have no clue why I thought it had lost that effect ._.
I was looking into Shuckle too recently. I think I sort of get how that might work. Since Power Split evens out pokemon's Attack stats rather than attack boosts, even after a Belly Drum, the drummed pokemon's attacks will not be OHKOing everything from the low attack stat. And then, if you factor in the fact that Shuckle can switch out and switch back in to Power Split again for another cut in power. I can see how it might be possible. But I'm just thinking that. No testing to back up.

For my team, I Twave and Sand-Attack all potential Belly Drummers. When I faced Belly Drum Hariyama (the one without Ice Punch) recently, I found out that at +4 (i.e. I was able to Charm once after belly drum), Hariyama's Bullet Punch doesn't even break Dragonite's multiscale sub, so Dragonite has a pretty easy time setting up even after a Belly Drum. So if Multiscale Dragonite can do that, something with curse to boost defense might be able to do something similar.
EDIT: I'm assuming that Hariyama probably didn't have Guts. Maybe if it did, the Bullet Punch would have broken Dragonite's sub. But anyway, I know my team isn't perfect. I'm mostly "hoping for the best" whenever I encounter BD Hariyama and Darmanitan (though the Yawn one keeps alternating between yawn at my sub and fire punch even after drumming).

But anyway, all just in theory.

@RiggyRob: I have tried Poison Heal Gliscor before. You can see my (105) - [SIZE=-2]Gliscor, Metagross, Suicune [/SIZE] streak if you want. It certainly has its potential in battles. Main key to Gliscor is that quite a few physical attackers are not able to break its sub, so you will be able to beat a physical attacker while having a sub intact to face the next pokemon. And while some physical attackers can break Gliscor's sub, they can only do so with one of their moves. If Gliscor can alternate between protect and Sub to pp-stall that move's pp out, then Gliscor will still be able to come out on top with a sub intact. That's what Gliscor should be doing in Subway. Or at least... that's what my Gliscor does. Maybe you can think of a better use for him.

atsync

Nice streak Chinese Dood! I particularly like the way you're using Stountland as a crippler. It seems such an obvious thing to do given its movepool and ability, and yet I doubt few have thought to do it before.

Except now my singles streak has fallen down the list further! I'll have to do something about that eventually.

Restarted Multi last night. I did 7 battles and it took 1 whole hour.

Thanks, atsync!

But boo, I just lost my streak. A bit of carelessness together with bad match up.

Turn 1: Lead Metagross. Metagross Bullet Punch. Stoutland Twave.
Turn 2: Switch to Dragonite. Explosion (around 40% damage). Foe Weavile.
Turn 3: Switch to Stoutland. Intimidate. Ice Shard.
Turn 4: Ice Punch. Stoutland Frozen.
Turn 5: (Should have switched so Stoutland can Intimidate again). Ice Punch critical hit. Stoutland Fainted. Volcarona comes in.
Turn 6: Weavile Protect. Volcarona Quiver Dance.
Turn 7: Weavile Torment. Volcarona Quiver Dance.
Turn 8: Volcarona Sub. Weavile did something I don't remember.
Turn 9: Volcarona Quiver Dance. Weavile did something I don't remember (didn't break sub)
Turn 10: Bug Buzz (I don't know why I didn't keep boosting, but that didn't end up mattering). Weavile fainted. Foe Haxorus (Me thinking... just QD and Bug Buzz should be fine).
Turn 11: QD. ROAR. Dragonite out.
Turn 12: Haxorus Dual Chop KO. Volcarona out (~75%).
Turn 13: Haxorus Taunt. Volcarona cannot QD.
Turn 14: Haxorus EQ. Volcarona Bug Buzz not KO.
Turn 15: Haxorus EQ KO. :(

Argument is that if Volcarona Bug Buzz on Turn 13 I would have won, but then, if Haxorus attacked instead of Taunt on Turn 13, AI would have won too if I Bug Buzz. If I let Dragonite die to Weavile, then Haxorus wouldn't have been able to roar, but obviously that's not something I can account for.

Anyway, I think it's time to try out Doubles again!

O... o yah, I lost at 276. EDIT: I mean, I lost with 276 streak, at 277. Sorry that was not very clear.

atsync

Ugh, battle 18 in Multi vs Worker Earwin and Clerk Vadim.

Earwin sends out Gastrodon, Vadim sends out Gastrodon, I send out Heatran and Abomasnow.
Heatran Earth Powers Chandelure to about 25%, Abomasnow kills Gastrodon with Wood Hammer, Chandelure kills Abomasnow with Heat Wave (no effect on Heatran).
I send in Azumarill, Earwin sends in Mamoswine.
Azumarill Aqua Jets Mamoswine for over 50%, Heatran kills Chandelure with Earth Power, Mamoswine Bulldozes (Azumarill at 138 hp, Heatran at 9 hp and killed by Hail).
I send in Latios, Vadim sends in Pinsir.
Aqua Jet + Dragon Pulse kills Pinsir, Mamoswine kills Latios with Ice Fang.
Azumarill Aqua Jets Mamoswine but misses, Mamoswine Stone Edges Azumarill, critical hit, Azumarill dead.

0-1

I'll admit that I played rather recklessly with my leads, but yay for Snow Cloak deciding the match (that I should have won) like that. For the record, the critical hit DID matter. Zoom Lens Mamoswine does 70-83 hp max with Stone Edge against my Azumarill and Azumarill had 94 hp left.

I guess that's the main downside to Snow Warning: Froslass, Mamoswine, Beartic and Glaceon love winning with Snow Cloak flukes. I'm glad this happened early in my streak but it's still fustrating.

Guess I'll try again tomorrow...

Peterko

Never give up!
But boo, I just lost my streak.

Turn 1: Lead Metagross. Metagross Bullet Punch. Stoutland Twave.
Turn 2: Switch to Dragonite. Explosion (around 40% damage). Foe Weavile.
Metagross 3 Occa Berry 176 193 150 103 131 90 Earthquake Meteor Mash Bullet Punch Explosion

The same Metagross Exploded on my Shuckle team, turn 3 (MM-power split, switch MM, cune sub-explosion), it´s probably programmed to dislike set up teams. Well, Metagross was never a friend of set up teams lol

Congrats anyway, you´re 6th now.

I´ve just lost a fun doubles streak somewhere between 35-42 (battle #39) to CM Blissey with this team:

Nidoking @ Life Orb (Sheer Force) - Earth Power, Flamethrower, Protect, Ice Beam
Magnezone @ Electric Gem (Sturdy) - Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, HP Grass 70, Magnet Rise
Sharpedo @ Choice Band (Speed Boost) - Waterfall, Crunch, Aqua Jet, Ice Fang
Latios @ Dragon Gem (Levitate) - Psyshock, Dragon Pulse, Protect, Thunderbolt

It came down to Blissey vs Latios and Blis got a CH Ice Beam. Psyshock would have finished her the next turn...

I tested Sludge Wave on Nido, but it has horrible coverage and I found myself using the other moves more often. The damage output of Nido is superb though, comparable to modest LO Hydra (150 spA sheer force is roughly the same as 194 spA Hydra). Zone is amazing, although having two ground weak Pokémon (that are relatively slow) as leads isn´t the smartest idea.

Before that I tried a fun singles team:

Metagross @ Occa Berry (Clear Body) - Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Hone Claws, Bullet Punch
Salamence @ Lum Berry (Intimidate) - Outrage, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace
Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry (Thick Fat) - Double-Edge, Earthquake,

Yes, not ideal movesets on the last two, but this was more of a Meta test and I really liked it. Lost to some (standard) CH hax though, battle #39 as well heh.

EDIT: lol now I´m playing Cloyster-Suicune-Garchomp and the hax is getting ridiculous...

Last battle Psychic trainer leads with Starmie

turn 1: Bolt flinches Cloy
turn 2: Cloy KOd
turn 3: Bolt, Cune CM
turn 4: Bolt, Cune flinched
turn 5: Bolt, Cune paralyzed, Cune Rest
turn 6: Bolt, CH, Cune asleep...

That´s like the whole package, lol.

Then I switched in my random Jolly ScarfChomp which OHKOd Mie (4/16 probability), only for Meta to come in and Protect...I let Cune die and Quaked with Chomp, Meta missed MM, last Pokémon was OHKOd (Espy)

Now I face a Nursery Aide who leads Flareon:

turn 1: Cloy Rock Blast, Flare avoided, Flare Fire Blast, CH, Sash (0,53% probability)
turn 2: Cloy Rock Blast, Flare avoided, Flare Fire Blast, Cloy KO...

I chose Rock Blast without set up because I feel it´s better to KO something right away and have a Sash rather than be at +2 and open to a burn turn 1 or miss turn 2...owned (sorry for being too lazy to just set up Cune right away)

lol now that I´m typing this I forgot to check the moveset and get Work Up CH Flailed after two Digs broke Cune´s sub (so I was CMing naked)

Chomp goes for the hopeless Outrage, only to meet a BrightPowder (avoided Outrage) CH Blizzard from Glaceon...no kidding, saved the battle (lost again in the 35-42 set, this time #40)... that´s a 0,43% probability

Way to go, AI, splendid! And go me for being stupid enough to let the AI do that...

Well, at least you reached turn 6!

So I was trying out a new team I downloaded and this is what happened...

Turn 1: Politoed missed Hydro Pump. Zapdos uses Thunderbolt.
Turn 2: Tornadus* uses Hurricane. Zapdos uses Thunderbolt.
(face palm)
Turn 3: Scizor uses Bullet Punch. Zapdos uses Thunderbolt.

* has HP Ice

The first one was arguably hax. The second move, well.

And on the same team, focus blast missed FIVE times: three, hit, then two.

p.s. Congrats, Dood!

Thanks guys.

@Peterko: Thanks for fast updating too! Funny, yesterday I was trying out Sheer Force Nidoking in Doubles after my Single streak ended too. I was leading with this:

1. Cobalion @ Focus Sash - Twave / Helping Hand / Flash Cannon / Protect
2. Nidoking @ Life Orb - Sludge Wave / Earth Power / Ice Beam / Protect

Idea was that Sludge Wave hits all pokemon in the field so Cobalion takes no damage from immunity to poison. Cobalion Twave whatever is faster than Nidoking and then Helping Hand Sludge Wave (depending on circumstance of course).

... Didn't go so well. I didn't lose, but I'm only at 14 before I went back to work. Sludge Wave just didn't KO anything that had defensive EVs. I had Latios and Metagross in the back, since that's what I do when I'm only testing the first half of a team.

From my experience, Modest Choice Scarf Nidoking is basically like Timid Scarf Chandelure if we're only looking at power & speed.

Modest Scarf Nidoking (252 SpA 252 Speed) -> 199 SpA (assuming all moves are boosted by Sheer Force)* , 205 Speed
*I know it doesn't actually work that way (it's the base power that gets the 1.33 multiplyer, not the stat, but for comparison purposes it's basically equivalent).

Timid Scarf Chandelure (252 SpA 252 Speed) -> 197 SpA, 217 Speed (can outspeed Accelgor's 216 if wanted, or lower Speed for just outspeeding Electrode, which Nidoking cannot do without Timid)

Of course Nidoking has better coverage moves.

Peterko

Never give up!
all I see is Politoed on the list

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Doubles streaks: 74, 28
Team: Manectric, Tornadus, Ludicolo, Kingdra

What, a Politoed-less Rain Team? Yep, constructed within seconds from Pokémon I have at my disposal (believe it or not, I don´t have a DrizzleToed yet).

1. Manectric (F) „LIMA“
Item: Choice Scarf*
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31-02-30-31-31-31
EV spread: 0-0-0-252-6-252
Lv.50: 145-72-80-157-81-258*
Moves:
~ Thunder
~ Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power Ice 70
~ Switcheroo

2. Tornadus „TILDEN“
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31-31-31-18-30-31
EV spread: 0-252-6-0-0-252
Lv.50: 154-167-91-125-100-179
Moves:
~ Acrobatics
~ Substitute
~ Tailwind
~ Rain Dance

3. Ludicolo (M) „LAVIDALOCA“
Item: Absorb Bulb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31-04-31-31-31-31
EV spread: 6-0-0-252-0-252
Lv.50: 156-69-90-156-120-122
Moves:
~ Scald
~ Giga Drain (Energy Ball until #70)
~ Fake Out
~ Ice Beam

4. Kingdra (M) „NEPTUNE“
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31-04-31-31-31-31
EV spread: 6-0-0-252-0-252
Lv.50: 151-91-115-161-115-137
Moves:
~ Scald
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Rain Dance

This team rules the weather and is like twice as fast as the fastest team ever. Lightningrod makes me happy. Trick Room makes me sad. I thought I was super smart for using Switcheroo to let the AI use TR over and over again. Yep, they switch after TR ._.

#75 vs Harlequin – Tyranitar, Bronzong, Gigalith, Musharna:

1. Rain Dance, Switcheroo, Sitrus-Scarf, Ttar T-wave, Lightningrod, Trick Room.
2. Foe withdrew Zong, Giga in, Torn sub, Ttar stealth rock, Mane thunder 55% dmg to Ttar.
3. Foe double slide, Mane sitrus to 57/145, Torn 6/154, thunder, CH, Ttar KO, acrobatics, Giga lefties.
- foe Musha
4. Giga slide, double KO, Musha shadow ball, failed.
- my LudiDra
5. FO Giga, Giga flinched, Musha Psychic, CH, Kingdra KO (was surfing), rain stopped, TR ended.
6. Scald, Giga 25% left, psychic, sD drop, 65/156, curse, lefties.
7. Giga drain, giga KO, 94/156, psychic, ludi KO.
0-2

Stupid Musharna and her stupid game deciding CH Psychic turn 5. This was just the fifth battle after I transferred over another Ludicolo, this time with Giga Drain over Energy Ball. Go me and the usual first set of seven loss in the morning.

#29 vs Kangaskhan, Slowbro, 3., 4.?:

1. FO mane, torn rain, bro TR
2. torn sub, bro surf, kanga sub, mane thunder bro or was mane KO´d, probably
- my ludi
3. torn sub, bro bliz, sub broke, kanga endeavor torn to 54 HP, giga drain
4. torn sub, bro bliz, kanga return, torn KO, giga drain, bro KO
- my dra, foe something
5. kingdra got endeavored and surfed, colo died to something???

I wasn´t focusing on the battl much and don´t remember the rest but Bro was KO´d by Colo and after TR and Rain ended, Kanga just Endeavored and Returned me to hell...

Yes I know my weaks, TR and QuakeSlide, Fake Out screws me over, but it´s astonishing how fast the AI is able to exploit that...

I´ll probably give it another try later, it´s very fun (difficult) to use from a strategic point of view.

atsync

God Dammit! I managed to get myself a lot of free time and was playing Multi like crazy, only to lose at battle 63 (equaling my personal best in Multi) to an Ace Trainer and a Breeder that somehow managed to pull out Choice Band Aerodactyl + Chople Berry Tyranitar as leads. Seriously, Aerodactyl is the reason why Choice Scarf is so awesome on Heatran, and yet the one time I face it as a lead it can't be killed with Flash Cannon because it just happened to be in Sandstorm. Of course! It is especially painful given that it is less likely to happen in Multi than it is in Doubles (because you very rarely have to face two trainers of the same type whereas Hikers have the possibility of using them together in Doubles). Azumarill nearly pulled through but couldn't beat the back-ups on its own (Azumarill is awesome but, like Scizor, it can sometimes have trouble in Double and Multi battles if it is left to fight on its own).

Still, my experiences in Multi has shown to me that dual Choice Scarf leads work really well in Multi. I might do some more testing with different leads. Heatran and Abomasnow work very well but it's just too slow with hail damage going on and losses are all the more fustrating for it, so maybe I can think of something faster.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This team rules the weather and is like twice as fast as the fastest team ever. Lightningrod makes me happy. Trick Room makes me sad. I thought I was super smart for using Switcheroo to let the AI use TR over and over again. Yep, they switch after TR ._.
Weather control is lovely. Having a way to stop Snow Cloak or Sand Veil is really nice to have in Double Subway.

The CPU isn't particularly consistant with whether they feel like switching out after bring Tricked a Choice item, or not. Which is something I found out when using my Scarfkiss+Garchomp team. Sometimes they switch immediately, other times they deactivate then switch. And of course sometimes they don't really switch at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)