Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Seems to me like there IS only one viable team to use with Durant. Looks like Truant teams are going to be much more monotonous than trick teams.

Can we post streaks that are still going? I have a 105 Truant team and I haven't lost yet.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid
flawless IVs
252 Speed
Taunt
Knock Off
Protect
Sunny Day

My lead. Nearly guaranteed to get a Taunt off and still be Taunted when Durant comes in. Protect because if I live after using Taunt and Knock Off, Taunt will wear off and Durant can be Protect stalled.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
flawless IVs
252 HP/4 SpD/252 Speed
Entrainment
Superpower
Protect
X-Scissor

Durant is a deceptively powerful pokemon in the Subway, nuff said. Entrainment Truant is just OP when the AI rarely switches.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant
flawless IVs
Multiscale
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Protect
Substitute
Dragon Claw

The star of the team. I switch in, Protect (except if Durant gets killed after Entrainmenting), Sub, Protect, then DD + Protect stall until I'm ready to sweep with Dragon Claw. Sub lets me avoid priority and OHKO moves.

Should I remove Sub for Fire Punch? Nearly every problem I've had was against Steels. Only leaves a very painful weakness against Sash Horn Drill Rapidash, since Sash Garchomp can't OHKO with Outrage unless I'm not at full HP for some reason.
I've been running pretty much the exact same team as you for my battle subway run (Lost at 892), at 700something on my second try right now.

Your set on Whimiscott is probably going to fail you at some point.

1. You can't deal with Volt Switch and U-turn because you don't have Encore and took protect instead. The AI can easily U-turn away from Durant after fainting Whimiscott and serious screw you over with the next pokemon.

2. I think Sunny Day is not worth it over Memento on Whimiscott because any one of the many Flame Charge user will greatly mess up your team. You can't switch out Whimiscott, but you can't leave it in either. If you switch out to Durant, it will get KOed by flame charge. If you switch out to dragonite, you risk a burn, which will be almost a 100% guaranteed loss. If you don't switch out, then you have a +2 speed flame charge user that's faster than Durant and threatens to burn/annoy Dragonite.

3. Don't remove Substitute. It's the only thing that will keep you alive against stuff with Sash/Sturdy Counter/Metal Burst, which is not uncommon. It also means QC things don't instantly kill your dragonite. Since you can already stall out the PP of steel types with Durant and Dragonite, you don't have THAT much trouble with them.

4. I'm not sure why you're running 252spe on dragonite. If your Entrainment works out fine, then you're far faster than anything in the BS, even without any speed evs. I think shifting the speed evs to attack would be better so you can OHKO stuff without risking that they break your sub and leave you vulnerable to the next pokemon.

So take off Sunny Day and Protect for Encore and Memento? Except Encore is illegal with Memento iirc. Or am I thinking of Beat Up?

And how exactly do I use Protect Durant? I have no idea. I'm assuming Entrainment, switch to Dragonite, use Protect, then switch back on a Truant turn and spam Protect to stall things like Curse Registeel out of 16 PP, making the stall war with Dragonite significantly easier? I recently had a 95 turn stall war with a Curse Registeel, only winning by 6 Dragon Dance PP.

What do I do against Fire-types? Switching Durant into it is suicide when Whimsicott also draws Fire attacks (I wouldn't do it period anyway), and I'm risking things like Moltres breaking Dragonite's Sub with Air Slash and preventing me from setting up. Do I simply sac Whimsicott and Durant and put myself in a 1-3 situation, though I usually win these situations.

Also, is there anything I can do about Explosion? They still KO themselves if I use Protect.

And I also see the merits of Encore over Protect, as it still accomplishes not allowing the opponent to use Protect/Detect after using Taunt like what Protect is supposed to help accomplish.

And I'll change Dragonite's EV spread. I was thinking about that a while ago but I was too lazy to re-EV it, even though it is only one stat.

Also, what do I do if I Truant a lead Curse Registeel/Steelix/Bastiodon? I lose due to misplay? And I'm guessing they'll most likely Curse first turn, giving it away when I use Taunt? With Truant, they can easily outstall me.

Also, I really don't see anything I can do against Flame Charge users. Encore Flame Charge and set up Dragonite?

So Whimsicott and Dragonite should look like these?

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
252 HP/4 SpD/252 Speed
Timid
Prankster
Taunt
Encore
Memento
Knock Off (prevents stuff like Quick Claw Emboar from wrecking me)

Dragonite @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
Adamant
Multiscale
Dragon Dance
Substitute
Protect
Dragon Claw

So take off Sunny Day and Protect for Encore and Memento? Except Encore is illegal with Memento iirc. Or am I thinking of Beat Up?

And how exactly do I use Protect Durant? I have no idea. I'm assuming Entrainment, switch to Dragonite, use Protect, then switch back on a Truant turn and spam Protect to stall things like Curse Registeel out of 16 PP, making the stall war with Dragonite significantly easier? I recently had a 95 turn stall war with a Curse Registeel, only winning by 6 Dragon Dance PP.

What do I do against Fire-types? Switching Durant into it is suicide when Whimsicott also draws Fire attacks (I wouldn't do it period anyway), and I'm risking things like Moltres breaking Dragonite's Sub with Air Slash and preventing me from setting up. Do I simply sac Whimsicott and Durant and put myself in a 1-3 situation, though I usually win these situations.

Also, is there anything I can do about Explosion? They still KO themselves if I use Protect.

And I also see the merits of Encore over Protect, as it still accomplishes not allowing the opponent to use Protect/Detect after using Taunt like what Protect is supposed to help accomplish.

And I'll change Dragonite's EV spread. I was thinking about that a while ago but I was too lazy to re-EV it, even though it is only one stat.

Also, what do I do if I Truant a lead Curse Registeel/Steelix/Bastiodon? I lose due to misplay? And I'm guessing they'll most likely Curse first turn, giving it away when I use Taunt? With Truant, they can easily outstall me.

Also, I really don't see anything I can do against Flame Charge users. Encore Flame Charge and set up Dragonite?
Encore + Memento IS a legal combination on Whimiscott.

That is how you use Protect Durant. Stall out the offensive move PP of steel type curse users and then just switch between Dragonite and Durant until it runs out of PP. Or, you can go for a Dragon Claw CH.

If you Memento the Fire type, they won't get the flame charge boost, so you can safely Entrainment with Durant. It doesn't matter if you're down 1-3 if Dragonite is fully set up.

Explosion is how this team is going to lose. There's nothing you can do about it.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are you trying in the Castle right now? Kind of refreshing to see someone else giving the latest Frontier some additional love...
I was pretty much using the same team I was using previously to reach 300ish wins (Bronzong, Duskull, Dusknoir), except that I had Pain Split instead of Forsight on Duskull. It made some battles easier, and provided some extra CP to throw around. I could skip every single battle that showed up with a Rock Slide lead, and still profit in the long run.

The problem with the team, however, would be that any small mistake will quickly send the team to its death. You have to prepare, calculate, and play out each battle in your head before executing the actions in battle. And also know when the risk isn't worth it, and to skip. Too many times I just forget about something like Zapdos 2 having Twister, and the CPU immediately sees it as an opportunity to luck hax me. I can see the team going a lot farther than 300, but the amount of attention I have to give to each battle is way more than what I have to put in for Battle Hall or Battle Tower battles.

I've been taking a bit of break from Frontier/Subway stuffs again since I haven't been able to get much further than 300 wins in Subway or Tower as of late. I'll likely give another shot at Castle when I return.

Quick question:

I'm to understand that using a cheat device only so far as to help with breeding and training is fine, right? No giving a Pokemon an ability they don't get or anything like that. Just Easy Mode.

I only ask because I'm having difficulty with the RNG thing and I'm juuuuust about ready to say eff it and use the easy way.
That was already answered earlier in this thread. If you need any help with RNG though, there is a thread here that helped me out a lot and there's a nice guide I found that puts the whole process of doing simple RNGs very easily. Once you get the hang of the easy stuff, the more complicated stuff slowly falls into place. Earlier today Timer0 trolled me for a good 90 minutes before I realized what was going on, so just hang in there and make a legit team for Battle Subway so you can post your records here. Good luck :)

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's some stuff I did:

Here's record-breaking battle #614 in the Doubles Battle Hall...I think it's fitting that it came against Kingdra! Sorry TRE... 85-99789-32267

I'll post some Hall logs later maybe, "they're boring". The Eruptran Project was a mighty success though!

Official congratulations to yadazhai on his b2w2 record...I wasn't ignoring you buddy, thank you so much for your efforts and insightful posts. I am not sure I'm going to engage you in a "bw vs b2w2" race with my team vs. your Truant team. I was aiming for your 892 in between my Hall stuff but when you posted that you were back at 700 you kind of took the wind out of my sails, lol

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Very nicely done on your Battle Hall streak, Jumpman. I didn't really expect there to be a Pokemon better than Kingdra for Double Hall, and you managed to find one. Reading through the workings of how you ended up with the 4 Heatrans that you had was quite enjoyable. I look forward to seeing what sorts of teams you'll make for the Battle Frontier in the future.

Here is my double battle record for bw1 (not much i know)

http://imgur.com/zivYb (sorry for the bad quality, but it is supposed to say 94.

My team.

Zapdos @ Electric Gem
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tailwind
- Heat Wave
- Discharge
- Detect

I usually lead with Zapdos and Garchomp and spam the disquake combo. I can sometimes sweep team with these two. Discharge is obvious and has a 30% paralysis chance. heat wave is for grass types. tailwind is for team suppot if i have then chance to use it or it needs setting up.

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Fire Fang

I usually lead with Zapdos and Garchomp and spam the disquake combo. I can sometimes sweep team with these two. Yache berry allows me to survive most ice attacks in the game. EQ and outrage are good STABs. Brick break is to hit Ttar harder than EQ. Fire fang is to hit forretress and ferrothorn harder than brock break.

Scizor (M) @ Steel Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Scizor is for strong priority and can help with sweeping a weakened team if needed. Bug bite also hits psychics very hard. Swords dance is for setting up if i have the chance. Steel gem is for a stronger bullet punch if i need to ko something.

Solace (Tyranitar) (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect

Solace is my sand setter and helps Garchomp to abuse sand veil while dealing damage to pokemon who have focus sashes or very low hp. It is called Solace because she gave me the idea of using a Ttar instead of Abomasnow, which didnt really work well with my team. CHople berry is for living fighting attacks. Rock slide is my spread move that can also flinch the opponents. Crunch is a reliable STAB move. Low kick is for steel types.