1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Challenge Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Peterko, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Pikiwyn

Pikiwyn

Whoever created this thing needs to be fired...
    Walrein 4 Lax Incense Sheer Cold Fissure Rest Sleep Talk Bold Def/SpD

Anyway congratulations to icu812, great streak and you've gotten me back to playing the subway, hopefully I'll be posting a new streak soon
  2. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Awesome streak! I remember trying Gravity once but it didn't work out so it's nice to see it working for someone else.

Do you think Heatran could make a good replacement for Metagross? It deals with Bug, Ghost and Dark reasonably well, and it learns Heat Wave/Fire Blast (Magma Storm?!?) to deal with Escavalier and Scizor. If you like, it even learns Earth Power for Electric types, although I wouldn't exactly call Heatran a reliable counter to Electric types.

Only you know if losing Metagross will ruin the team or not (e.g. Heatran has no priority moves, unlike Metagross), but if you have a Heatran with good IVs and nature it might be worth a try.

This is another reason why Sturdy Sawk appealed to me so much.
  3. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Nice to hear that you are alive.
    Btw I have thought about this post

I was thinking about that idea and in my opinion that team should be a good idea:

Clamperl
    Nature & Item: Modest - Deepseatooth
    Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
    Moves: Surf, IceBeam/Protect, HP Grass, ShellSmash

Raichu/Pikachu
    Nature & Item: Timid - FocusSash/LightingBall
    Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
    Moves: GrassKnot/HP Ice, FakeOut, ThunderBolt, Protect

LightingRod will raise his Sp.Attack if the openet will use a Electric attack on Clamperl.

Amoonguss
    Nature & Item: Sassy - BlackSludge/OccaBerry
    Ev's: 252 HP & 200 Defense & 58 Sp.Defense
    Moves: GigaDrain, Spore, RagePowder, Protect

RagePowder support + Spore. Not really much to say about the set.

Wimsicott
    Nature & Item: Timid - Leftovers/Something
    Ev's: 220 Speed & 252 HP (or Special attack) & 24 Defense & 4 Sp.Defense
    Moves: TailWind, GigaDrain, Encore, Taunt

Mainly setting up TailWind to let Clamperl getting more faster. GigaDrain against Sturdy pokes.
  4. NoCheese

NoCheese

I don't see Follow Me on Pikachu's move list, and even if a Follow Me Pikachu can be imported, Lightning Rod Pikachu is an event pokemon, so the Follow Me Pikachu you import would just have Static. You'd have to be able to breed Follow Me onto Lightning Rod Pikachu, and although Lightning Rod Pikachu is female and Breedable, Follow Me is not an egg move for Pikachu.
  5. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Hm that's true.
    I forgot that LightingRod is a DreamWorld ability ..I'm sorry :(
  6. Pikiwyn

Pikiwyn

@Jokethe1 Amoongus would be interesting, it would probably need a focus sash to guarantee Clamperl gets atleast one Shell Smash, Dry Skin Toxicroak could be a good second partner. I'd like to play this team some time, it looks fun, I've been taking the subway too seriously lately.
  7. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Good luck and I hope you have fun with the team :D
  8. flavor0

flavor0

Thanks!

Hmm I hadn't considered Heatran since I've gone so long without access to a good one, though now I do in White 2. He might be able to at least somewhat deal with things like Jolteon/Raikou since he has nice special bulk, but you're right in that he's not a sure-fire way to handle them. My biggest concern is his 4x weakness to ground which can't be alleviated with Air Balloon. Though I could run Protect to help that a bit, plus Starmie stomps ground types. Definitely worth a try!
  9. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

I would run ChoiceScarf Heatran for some silly reason..

- Snibunna would be a big threat for Starmie and with Scarf you'll be faster and kill it with a fire move
    - Raikou is a big threat and I think you'll lose mostly the speedie against timid Raikou
    - Easily kills Aerodactyl ( which could maybe be a danger with flinch RockSlides)
    - Outspeed Alakazam which could be another problem because it outspeeds your whole team with timid nature but thanks to Scarf Heatran which clears the Alakazam

A good moveset is in my opinion:

Heatran
    Nature - Item: Timid - ChoiceScarf
    Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 196 Speed & 60 Attack
    Moves: HeatWave, Explosion, EarthPower, FlashCannon/HP Grass

196 Speed Ev's for 134 Speed to reach with the ChoiceScarf 201 Speed. Max Speed isn't important because you won't outspeed Timid Electrode even if you have max Speed Heatran.

Hope I could help you.

Btw how far are you with your DoubleSubway team Jumpman?
  10. Pikiwyn

Pikiwyn

On the multi train different players are allowed to let their Pokemon hold an item that the other player's Pokemon is holding. So I assume two players can also enter same Pokemon. If not then ignore this post. I thought of a team that could do well:

Durant @Choice Scarf
    Truant, Jolly (252 Spe, 252 Att)
    -Entrainment
    -X-Scissor
    -Iron Head
    -Protect

Durant @Choice Scarf
    Truant, Jolly (252 Spe, 252 Att)
    -Entrainment
    -X-Scissor
    -Iron Head
    -Protect

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Multiscale, Adamant(204hp, 252atk, 24 def, 30 spdef)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Protect
    -Dragon Claw
    -Sub

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Multiscale, Adamant(204hp, 252atk, 24 def, 30 spdef)
    -Dragon Dance
    -Protect
    -Dragon Claw
    -Sub

Copy and pasted those from other streaks. But basically first turn double Entrain, second turn switch both Durant out, then set up and Protect every other turn. I would've tried the team but I don't have 2 DSs. So I thought I'd post the idea for anyone else who wants to try. Fake Out would probably ruin the team.
  11. flavor0

flavor0

This is unfortunately not the case - 2 players cannot enter the same Pokemon. I had high hopes of trying a double Storm Drain Gastrodon team in multi...

And the idea of Choice Scarf Heatran is interesting, though I'm not so sure about Explosion (and thus, the attack EVs). I believe even if I were to explode and KO the opponent's remaining Pokemon, I would still lose (if Heatran was my last Pokemon). Plus with its nerf, I'm not sure how effective it would really be. I'm also a bit concerned with a Choice user in the back who likes to use fire attacks - it's risky if I'm forced to send out Heatran w/o any switch-ins and the opponent has an unrevealed Flash Fire Pokemon in the back. However, I do like the speed, so it's definitely something I'd look into.
  12. megaducky

megaducky

Hey, not sure anyone noticed but unless the IVs aren't perfect, the Durant and Dragonite's EVs are dodgy. The Dragonite has a useless 4 EVs in defense and the Durant has a useless 4 in defense and speed. Also, I'm pretty sure only 228 EVs in speed are required to outspeed the entire subway
  13. musicmeister

musicmeister

It's good to be back again seeing new stuff on Smogon after quitting for more than a year. I decided to play subway singles again. I'm currently at 200+ wins and still going. I hope I don't mess up or something.

Here's my team.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
    EV's: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Speed
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Prankster

Moveset:
    Taunt
    Thunderwave
    Knock Off
    Rain Dance

Rain Dance is added to prevent those hail and sandstorm teams, as it prevents Dragonite's multiscale. Thunderwave is also included to cripple opponent's pokes which is really good to make sure Durant's Entrainment will be successful.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Durant @ Choice Scarf
    EV's: 252 HP / 18 Sp.Def / 240 Speed
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Truant

Moveset:
    X-scissor
    Iron Head
    Rock Slide
    Entrainment

Other moves are just basically filler.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 30 Sp. Def
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Multiscale

Moveset:
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Substitute
    Protect

Gonna continue with my run tonight and see how far I'd go, though I'm thinking of replacing Dragonite with a different sweeper. Probably Salamence or Latios but I don't really know yet... We'll see.
  14. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

I don't want to disturb you but in my opinion it's boring to sweep EVERYTIME with the same pokes...ok they are pretty good but what is with something like that:

Crawdaunt:
    Nature & Item: Adamant - ??? (WideLens/Leftovers)
    Ev's: 252 HP & 252 Attack & 4 Defense
    Moves: Crunch, DragonDance, Protect, Sub/Waterfall

Crunch hits all types.The rest is obviously.Biggest counter could be Steelix and Cobalion (+6 Crunch does on Impish Steelix with 252 HP & 252 Defense ev's 43% - 46% damage with Waterfall OHKO if it won't have Sturdy, +6 Crunch on Cobalion with 252 HP & 252 SpDefense ev's will do 27% - 31% damage and Waterfall would be a easily OHKO ).

What you can do against this pokes?

Sacrifire Thundurus (if it is alive) set up again with Durant (if you use the set with Sub)
    The second set with Waterfall will handle against these pokes
  15. musicmeister

musicmeister

Thanks for the suggestion! Gonna try this.
  16. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

I'm really happy that you are trying that set! I wish you good luck!!
    I would use a Truant-Team too but at the moment I don't have Wi-fi and in the next few months too only with a AR I'm able to get Entrainment Durant with Truant..
  17. SA1TS

SA1TS

I'm still grumpy that Slaking didn't get a DW ability, which inevitably leads me to thinking of all the awesome abilities it could have. While thinking about said abilities I got even more grumpy due to the fact that only Grass types get Chlorophyll. So how do I resolve this grumpiness? With theorymon. Enter my idea for a potential doubles team.

DroughtTales partnered with Leavanny and two dangerous back-up mons. So how does Slaking fit in? Use Entrainment with Leavanny on Slaking to give it Chlorophyll!! Except Entrainment doesn't work on mons with Truant. I hate Game Freak T_T

The principal remains interesting though. The potential recipients of Chlorophyll would need to be able to hold their own even without the increased speed and should benefit from Sun regardless. Heatran is a prime candidate for one slot and I'm even considering Intimidate Arcanine. Garchomp would also be a beast even if it doesn't benefit directly from Sun. So many options....
  18. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Chlorophyll Venusaur pretty good too with Drought Ninetales
  19. SA1TS

SA1TS

Venusaur would be an ideal fourth teammate but unfortunately I don't have access to one (no wifi right now). As it is I'm about to snap my DS out of frustration trying to get hold of a Drought Vulpix...
  20. Eppie

Eppie

Taking a short break from Singles as Truant honestly starts
    to get a little bit boring and I still like Doubles more.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Musharna (F) @ Lum Berry ** Sabrina
    EV's: 252 HP / 124 Def / 126 Sp.Def / 8 Sp.Atk
    IV's: 31/24/31/31/31/00
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Telepathy

~ Psychic
    ~ Trick Room
    ~ Energy Ball
    ~ Helping Hand

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ralts (M) @ Focus Sash ** Supernova
    EV's: 255 Atk / 255 Sp.Atk
    IV's: 00/31/00/31/00/00
    Stats: 88/77/30/106/40/40
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Telepathy

~ Protect
    ~ Imprison
    ~ Trick Room
    ~ Destiny Bond

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Heatran (M) @ Iron Ball ** ヒードラン
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 6 Sp.Def
    IV's: 31/06/31/31/31/00
    Stats: 198/98/126/200/127/37*
    Ability: Flash Fire

~ Protect
    ~ Eruption
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Dragon Pulse

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Snorlax (M) @ Normal Gem ** Notorious
    EV's: 14 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 180 Sp.Def
    IV's: 31/31/31/05/31/00
    Stats: 237/178/93/72/153/31
    Ability: Thick Fat

~ Crunch
    ~ Seed Bomb
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Selfdestruct

I RNG't this team yesterday (Aside from Heatran) and it is really fun!
    Battles go very fast and Ralts does what I want it to do.
    I ran Ally Switch + Heal Pulse over Imprison + Trick Room first until I faced Slowbro/King leads twice which will continue to restore the Twisted Dimensions.
    I may give Bronzong a try over Musharna and let you guys know!

I might give this a try too over Ralts:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Cacnea (M) @ Focus Sash ** Opuntia
    EV's: 255 Atk / 255 Sp.Atk
    IV's: 00/31/00/31/00/00
    Stats: 110/137/45/150/45/36
    Ability: Sand Veil

~ Protect
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Destiny Bond
    ~ Sucker Punch
  21. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

I would use Whimsicott over Ralts because it's more usefull because a awesome crippler ( I guess you know that ) and with FakeTears Heatran will be able to make lot of damage with Eruption and with SunnyDay you are able to remove Sandstorm and will bost the fire attacks from Heatran. In my opinion a TrickRoom Whimsicott look like this:

Whimsicott
    Nature & Item: Timid - HeatRock/SitrusBerry
    Ev's: 252 HP & 220 Speed & 38 Defense
    Moves: TrickRoom, SunnyDay, FakeTears/Taunt, Encore/Endeavor/ Memento

Btw I guess you have forgot the stats of Musharna ;)
  22. Manitary

Manitary

Trick Room still has low priority and you are tauntable
  23. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Taunable is true but I only mean if someone will use Taunt on Whimsicott it will be faster and set up the TrickRoom savely. And I'm not sure about a "low priority" if TrickRoom is up. I think priority attacks will start at first with Prankster with or without TrickRoom.
  24. Manitary

Manitary

I don't get the point. Even with Prankster, Trick Room is at -6 priority so Whimsicott can still be Taunted and unable to get TR up.
  25. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Ah got it. I totally forgot about the -7 priority! I'm really sorry. Thanks for the correction xD

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)