Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

''Whoever created this thing needs to be fired''

Battle #110 Vs. Roughneck Ganymed

Ganymed sents out Wailord and Whiscash.
I 1HKO the Wailord with Acrobatics, and Eruption on Whiscash as a resisted Eruption still hits alot harder than a neutral EP/DP (168 Vs. 90).
The Whiscash goes down to ~45% and uses Muddy Water, dropping my accuaracy on both Tornadus and Heatran. Then Ganymed sents out Donphan who's Quick Claw activates and CH's my Tornadus with Stone Edge (Now that Crit didn't matter but I feel like mentioning it), while Whiscash avoids my Eruption and rests. I sent in Blastoise while the fucking Donphan's Quick Claw activates again Earthquakes my Pokémon. I Hidden Power the Whiscash for the 1HKO and Ganymed sents out Walrein(!). I sent out Scizor, BP Donphan, and kill it. Blastoise Hidden Powers Walrein and leaves it at around 80%. The Walrein uses Fissure on my Blastoise and hits it. Scizor Bug Bite's Walrein on the next turn (Which was a 2HKO from there). The Walrein uses Fissure again and kills my Scizor..

Now THAT my friends, was the biggest bullshit battle I've had so far in the Subway. The team I'm running now however does very well and is for keeps. If it didn't play this fast (4.5 streaks in an hour on average) I probably wouldn't even bother to keep playing anymore.

I spoilered the team in case you're interested. I'm going to stick with this for a while as I feel like this team has alot more potentional than the #109 streak I have now.

Pokémon White 2 Super Doubles

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Speed
Stats: 186-183-90-121-100-132
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Prankster

~ U-Turn
~ Tailwind
~ Acrobatics
~ Superpower

Heatran @ Fire Gem
EV's: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
Stats: 166-110-126-200-126-116
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Flash Fire

~ Protect
~ Eruption
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse

Blastoise @ Water Gem
EV's: 6 HP / 248 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Speed
Stats: 155-89-120-149-126-130
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent

~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Water Spout
~ Hidden Power Grass

Scizor @ Steel Gem
EV's: 134 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Speed
Stats: 162-200-120-61-100-101
Ability: Technician

~ Tailwind
~ Bug Bite
~ Acrobatics
~ Bullet Punch

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
EV's: 238 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Speed
Stats: 184-183-90-121-100-134

~ U-Turn
~ Tailwind
~ Acrobatics
~ Superpower

Blastoise @ Water Gem
EV's: 70 HP / 248 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 188 Speed
Stats: 162-89-120-136-126-134
Nature: Timid

~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Water Spout
~ Hidden Power Grass
I would use this ev- spreads because Jolteon could be very anoying and fourthemore you'll outspeed other pokes like Jolly Weavile or Aerodactyl

Quick question, but are there any advantages of running Thundurus over its Therian form assuming that I'm abusing Drizzle for 100 acc Mindless Thunder spam? I'm really tempted by the ginormous SpAtk stat and volt absorb which works well with politoed. Thanks again and good luck with your streaks everyone! :D

Quick question, but are there any advantages of running Thundurus over its Therian form assuming that I'm abusing Drizzle for 100 acc Mindless Thunder spam? I'm really tempted by the ginormous SpAtk stat and volt absorb which works well with politoed. Thanks again and good luck with your streaks everyone! :D
Thundurus Incarnate has two advantages, more speed and Prankster. If you have a revenge killer for faster threats and don't plan on using support moves (ie Tailwind) then Thundurus-T is probably a better bet. As you mentioned, Volt Absorb can be really helpful with Poli as it's partner as well as any other Electric weak pokes you may use. I'd suggest Thund-T @ Sash Timid 252SpAtk 252Spd 4Def- Thunder|Focus Blast|HP Ice|Grass Knot.

I'd suggest Thund-T @ Sash Timid 252SpAtk 252Spd 4Def- Thunder|Focus Blast|HP Ice|Grass Knot.
I would use SuperPower instead of FocusBlast because all the misses. If you'll play SuperPower on this set you should logicaly replace Timid for Hasty / Naive nature.

So I used this admittedly thrown-together team to get quick BP for a few sets of battles:

Latios @ Dragon Gem
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

and in only 21 battles, I must've ran into four Empoleons, aka full stops to that Latios. I swapped Calm Mind for Thunderbolt and I'm currently at a 42 streak with the team, but the interesting thing is that I haven't seen a single Empoleon in those 42 battles. Similarly, I used to use Hydreigon a lot and saw a ton of Poliwrath (forced Draco Meteor or switch) and Empoleon again (before BW2 and the Earth Power tutor). Another instance is when I used an Eviolite Machoke and fought Persim Kingdra leads (which are basically a one-to-one tradeoff guarantee - 2HKOed by DynamicPunch, but two Outrages leave Machoke basically dead) twice in a row, with a few more appearing elsewhere.

With this in mind, the main question: Has there been any proof that opponent's Pokemon are generated based at least partially on what Pokemon you are using? This seems to be the general pattern for me at least, and I made one of my most successful Subway teams based on this (using lead Magnezone to bait Fighting-, Fire-, and Ground-types to be generated so Slowbro and Dragonite could take advantage of them: I posted about this a while ago; it got me into the 60s for the first time). Maybe it's just luck of the draw, but I'm just curious because that's a lot of coincidences.

Btw I really just posted the team as a reference for the story, but if there's anything that stands out that can be improved, I'm fine with taking suggestions.

Latios @ Dragon Gem
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf / GrassKnot or EnergyBall
- ThunderBolt

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Scizor @ Lum Berry / LifeOrb
Adamant Nature
84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- BrickBreak

I'm really sorry for the double post but....I've searched a little bit about BattleTower world records and found a side with this pics...

http://mystic251.skyrock.com/2569145063-BHM-BSM-Scene-de-combat-Multi-2P-2-Joueurs.html

If you take a look on the other pictures ( if you scroll down ) .. I only think ... Legal or not legal streaks?

Whatever ... Jump got a 620 streak in the BattleHall ( still standing ) and the guy got a 6579 winstreak in the DoubleHall...UFF!

Jokethe1, this guy has cropped up before. He had a win record (Pre B2/W2) of well over 1000 in the singles and doubles subway. Don't know if its legit or not.

Does make me wonder what other countries metagames are like. I wonder what the Japanese records are like, if they have some radically different approach to the subway or not.

Jokethe1, this guy has cropped up before. He had a win record (Pre B2/W2) of well over 1000 in the singles and doubles subway. Don't know if its legit or not.

Does make me wonder what other countries metagames are like. I wonder what the Japanese records are like, if they have some radically different approach to the subway or not.

I'm not sure but I think I've seen a "mistake". He had a red screen of showing his record which means it's on the easy line....but I think they are only 21 battles possible in the easy line .. or not?

After a few days of playing I just reached 170 wins in the BattleHall doubles....Following types I beat with the following moveset:

Garchomp ** Raptor
Nature & Item: Jolly - ChoiceScarf
Iv's: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
Stats(Lv.50): 184 - 182 - 115 - 79 - 105 - 169
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, RockSlide, FireFang

Garchomp ** Crescent
Nature & Item: Jolly - YacheBerry/FocusSash/ChoiceBand
Iv's: 31- 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Attack & 252 Speed & 4 Sp.Defense
Stats(Lv.50): 183 - 182 - 115 - 84 - 106 - 169
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, AquaTail, Protect/Flamethrower

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I decided to try out Truant Durant recently. This was my sweeper:

Shuckle @ SilverPowder
Sturdy
Impish, 252 def/252 speed

Bug Bite
Protect
Power Trick
Shell Smash

After Power Trick and Shell Smash (Power Trick HAS to go first because the boosts aren't swapped), Shuckle has 1240 Attack and 228 Speed, and SilverPowder Bug Bite OHKOs most opponents (I used Bug Bite because it was Shuckle's most powerful attack that has 100 accuracy and that nothing is immune to). Sturdy protects me from priority attacks and provides a safety net against certain forms of hax (Brightpowder, Quick Claw, etc).

I paired it up with Durant + Garchomp, similar to NoCheese, except I ran Baton Pass over X-Scissor on my Durant as a way of escaping from Magnet Pull + Volt Switch Magnezone. The teams works well, although Ice teams are dangerous (Hail breaks Sturdy, so a Hail lead followed by something with Ice Shard is scary). I kept Iron Head on Durant for this reason, although it isn't the best solution to the problem.

I lost pretty early to this:

803 | Gothitelle | Modest | BrightPowder | Substitute | Flatter | Psych Up | Psychic | HP/SpA

Brightpowder activated and Gothitelle copied all of my boosts with Psych Up. That's ok, I thought, because I still have Sturdy... except Brightpowder activated again as it hits me with Psychic. Gothitelle then swept my team with Psychic using the boosts it stole from me. I'm pretty sure I've lost to this Gothitelle before thanks to that Brightpowder, which it obviously holds because it is the only way it can ever be a threat.

This will probably be the last team I make for the Subway. Hopefully X+Y will create a new facility. The Subway was a huge step-up from the Battle Tower of the older generations (in terms of difficulty) and it will be interesting to see what they do next.

'

Tornadus @ Flying Gem
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Speed
Stats: 186-183-90-121-100-132

~ U-Turn
~ Tailwind
~ Acrobatics
~ Superpower

Heatran @ Fire Gem
EV's: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
Stats: 166-110-126-200-126-116
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Flash Fire

~ Protect
~ Eruption
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse

Blastoise @ Water Gem
EV's: 6 HP / 248 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Speed
Stats: 155-89-120-149-126-130
Nature: Modest

~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Water Spout
~ Hidden Power Grass

Scizor @ Steel Gem
EV's: 134 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Speed
Stats: 162-200-120-61-100-101
Ability: Technician

~ Tailwind
~ Bug Bite
~ Acrobatics
~ Bullet Punch
I'm using this team right now, and it's epic.I've reached 79 win streak, my highest ever....Tornadus is such a boss....

I'm using this team right now, and it's epic.I've reached 79 win streak, my highest ever....Tornadus is such a boss....
Im at 196 right now, but im only doing 3-5 streaks a day due to limited time.
And yea Flying + Fire is a good attacking combo on most leads :).

2 Questions...
1. I am playing White 1. But I am using Entrainment Durant. My records would go under B2W2, right? Or would they not count at all?
2. Are legal hacks allowed? Or must the mons be RNG'ed?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
According to previous trends in this thread, (1) they would go under BW2, and (2) even legal hacks are not allowed.

I'm really sorry for the double post but....I've searched a little bit about BattleTower world records and found a side with this pics...

http://mystic251.skyrock.com/2569145063-BHM-BSM-Scene-de-combat-Multi-2P-2-Joueurs.html

If you take a look on the other pictures ( if you scroll down ) .. I only think ... Legal or not legal streaks?

Whatever ... Jump got a 620 streak in the BattleHall ( still standing ) and the guy got a 6579 winstreak in the DoubleHall...UFF!
The thread is talking about custom generated pokemon, and being impressed with records about 200 in Battle Frontier without them. They looked down on giving 252 EVs to all stats, but seem to be okay skipping RNG for flawless, legal mons.

They talked about using OP Smeargle, but no details on the set.

Thread is from 2009 so before the Durant trick.

Bunch of thread is also talking about related irl playgroup meetups.

The thread is talking about custom generated pokemon, and being impressed with records about 200 in Battle Frontier without them. They looked down on giving 252 EVs to all stats, but seem to be okay skipping RNG for flawless, legal mons.

They talked about using OP Smeargle, but no details on the set.

Thread is from 2009 so before the Durant trick.

Bunch of thread is also talking about related irl playgroup meetups.
On the hand it's possible but that doesn't matter because EVEN with max ev's on each stat Smeargle is still weak and slow .. on the other hand I guess the Smeargles had a ChoiceScarf with a OHKO move and a 100% hitting cheat.....but against Sturdy the strategy will fail.....blargh whatever thanks for answering anyway and you too thesynchrohero.

I reached 105 wins with my new Platinum battle tower team which I'll post later

Probably fake.

Some who had such a good record would be looking to boast about how he did it. Especially with such an amazing record with such odd pokemon.

Smeargle ** Diablas
Nature & Item: Adamant - FocusSash
Iv's: x - x - x - x - x
Ev's: No ev's
Stats(Lv.1): 12 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 6 - 6
Moves: FakeOut, HelpingHand, Protect, FollowMe

The AI will mostly attack Smeargle and I nearly have only supporting moves which is funny and great because Smeargles movepool is ..."great". The moves should be simple.

Blastoise ** AquantosV3
Nature & Item: Timid - ChoiceSpecs
Iv's: 30 - 31 - 31 - 30 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 248 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 6 HP & 4 Sp.Defense
Stats(Lv.50): 155 - 92 - 120 - 136 - 125 - 143
Moves: WaterSpout, WaterPulse, IceBeam, HP Grass

Nothing much to explain. ChoiceSpecs STAB WaterSpout sucks. Electric / Grass pokes will attack Blastoise which means that I need good teammates like Zapdos or Garchomp. 136 Sp.Attack with ChoiceSpecs means 204 Sp.Attack. With HelpingHand support from Smeargle WaterSpout destroys nearly everything without a resistance or DrySkin/WaterAbsorb. HP Grass ONLY if the first two pokes have a resistance against WaterSpout or have DrySkin/WaterAbsorb. WaterPulse is just a filler because it will make a lot of damage with Torrent & ChoiceSpecs but I guess I won't use it often. I don't have FlashCanon because it's an useless move and won't do much damage. IceBeam is simple for Grass and Dragon type pokes.

Garchomp ** Crescent
Nature & Item: Adamant - YacheBerry
Iv's: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
Stats(Lv.50): 184 - 182 - 115 - 84 - 105 - 169
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, RockSlide, Protect

Great counter against Electric pokes which is the main reason why I wanted to use it. If I'm going to attack with Earthquake I will switch to Zapdos because of his immunity against Ground attacks. RockSlide for Ice pokes. Just 95% chance that it will hit but StoneEdge isn't better with the 20% miss chance. Except that RockSlide hits two pokes and not just one (if RockSlide doesn't miss). Outrage/Earthquake for STAB. YacheBerry to survive Ice attacks (first time I used YacheBerry on it). Protect gives me more options if Pokes attack me with IceBeam while Zapdos is KO'ing the dangerous threats

Zapdos ** VoltStorm
Nature & Item: Modest - ChoiceScarf
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
Stats(Lv.50): 166 - 91 - 105 - 194 - 110 - 152
Moves: ThunderBolt, Discharge, HeatWave, SignalBeam

I chose Zapdos because DisQuake combo is really cool and useful and with the Paralyze chance even more! If I'm going to use Discharge I'll switch my other poke into Garchomp because of his immunity against Electric. HeatWave against Ice and Grass pokes. I use ChoiceScarf to outspeed all pokes in the BattleTower but I was to lazy to Re - ev train it because I wanted 213 Speed to outspeed Timid Electrode . I don't have HP Ice because mostly Garchomp will beat Dragons with STAB Outrage. I don't now if I should switch SignalBeam for AirCutter because it's STAB (55 + STAB = 82,5), hits both pokes and has a high CriticalHit chance but just like RockSlide a 5% to miss....

105 wins right now. The 182 wins was a other team which I won't post. I had a lot of few calls against Walrein and Lapras....except that Walrein avoided two SpecsHPGrass from my Blastoise in a row and killed my Blastoise with a OHKO move .... but I killed the Walrein with a CriticalHit Thunderbolt and killed Tentacruel and Slowbro but the last pokemon was Gatrodon which would have end my streak because I was locked into Thunderbolt and if Gastrodon would have frozen or CH'ed my Garchomp with IceBeam I would have lost but that didn't happen and I killed it with Earthquake and Outrage.

I've finally got a streak with a team that gets me on to the leaderboard (even if only just...). I lost in my 83rd battle so a streak of 82

It's a doubles team and I took some inspiration from a team I saw elsewhere.

Yanmega @Life Orb
Speed Boost
Modest
EV's: 40HP/252Sp.A/4Sp.D/212Spe
- Detect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Ice [70]

Terrakion @Focus Sash
Justified
Jolly
EV's: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Rotom-W @Wide Lens
Levitate
Modest
EV's: 252HP/248Sp.A/4Sp.D/4Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass [70]
- Protect

Hydreigon @Wise Glasses
Levitate
Timid
EV's: 4HP/252Sp.A/252Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Notes:
- The general strategy is to detect on turn 1 with Yanmega most of the time, unless I'm up against a Psychic trainer with pokes slower than mine. Terrakion will either hit hard turn 1 or protect. After that it's just a matter of hitting hard and protecting/detecting when appropriate.
- I have also tried Muscle Band, Expert Belt and White Herb (to remove the effects of Initimidate and Close Combat defence drops) but overall Focus Sash seems to be the best fit.
- I probably don't switch as much as I should but the defensive synergy is generally good. And having 3 pokes that's either a flying type or has Levitate is a nice complement to Terrakion's EQ.
- I originally had a non-RNG Rotom-W with Timid nature, EV's in Spe and Sp.A with Thunder Wave over HP Grass but it got walled by Water/Ground types (obviously) and I wanted more bulk. So I built something similar to atsync's Rotom-W and it works nicely.
- I'm least happy with Hydreigon but I wanted something to deal with Bug/Steels and Ferrothorn and also bulky Ghost types. Originally I thought of Chandelure but I didn't want the extra rock weakness (although the fighting immunity would have been nice) and then I found the Hydreigon in my PC and it seemed like a good fit. It's also nice to have a dragon type on the team too. Wise glasses is not the best item but I didn't want to be choice locked. I did try leftovers but wasn't fussed by that either. I've also considered Latios and Scizor for this position but as of yet undecided.

This is the video of the battle I lost in: 43-13910-94859

The team works well and it's quite easy to know when to protect with each poke due to good defensive synergy.

Yanmega is targetted a lot more than Terrakion due to it's frailty. I liked Yanmega, it hit surprisingly hard and after 1 speed boost with the given EV's I outsped all but the Accelgor and scarfed subway pokes.

I ended up losing to this: :
893 | Blissey | Bold | Chople Berry | Toxic | Minimize | Mud Bomb | Softboiled |Def/SpD

It came out when my Terrakion was in back and by the time I got Terrakion out it had already minimised twice. A slight argument for Secret Sword perhaps? I don't think the loss in power is worth it though.

After using Eppie's Team with Tornadus, (which led me to a respectable 100+ winning streak), I saw someone talking about Clamperl team and I've been theorymoning a little.Then I decided to use this team, but I think it can be improved:
~Parasect, Adamant,Focus Sash,Dry Skin
31/31/31/0/31/31
252hp/252att/6spdef
-Rage Powder
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Protect

~Clamperl,Timid,DeepSeaTooth,Shell Armor
31/0/31/31/31/31
6hp/252spatk/252spd
-Shell Smash
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Protect

~Toxicroak,Adamant,DarkGem,Dry Skin
31/31/31/0/31/31
6hp/252atk/252spd
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch
-Detect

~Gardevoir,Timid,Choice Scarf,Telepathy
31/0/31/31/31/31
6hp/252spatk/252spd
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Ally Switch (I am definitely considering hp ice)

Any suggestions? Should I make Clamperl Modest, instead of Timid? I think Parasect is fine with Focus Sash, cause it guarantees me a free set up turn for Clamperl, and Parasect is always 2HKOed, if need arises. Is Gardevoir's setup ok? I will surely change ally switch, I am not using it at all.And, is there anything better from Gardevoir, that doesn't care about Clamperl's Surfs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)