1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Challenge Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Peterko, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Eppie

Eppie

X / Y Information:

- You get 1 BP per battle until battle #11.
    - You get 2 BP per battle from battle #11 until ?.
    - There is no longer a streak limit, you can pause whenever you want to.
    - Pokémon are no longer auto-leveled to 50 if below. (Hi F.E.A.R strategies).
    - Quick Claw makes a return. Spotted a Quick Claw Magneton with Thunder.
    - Spotted a Speed Boost Venipede.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  2. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

I'm hoping this niche little scene picks up a lot more now with Battle Maison and all of XY's changes. Let's get some streaks going!
  3. MagikaripIsOP

MagikaripIsOP

So what exactly is the absolute best team for HGSS battle tower? (I have the catch any pokemon ar code)
  4. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

The question is always the same as the answer. There is NO best team for the Battle Tower. If you take a look at the Platinum/HG&SS records you find a lot of teams with great streaks. In D/P Records as well. Even with "the best team" there is no guarantee that you get a high streak furthemore it takes time for gaining experience as well.
  5. MagikaripIsOP

MagikaripIsOP

Fair enough. (even though I believe there probably is a best team it'll be hard to test it) The teams with the great streaks dont seem to show how to use them
  6. kid31

kid31

Nothing much compared to everyone else's doubles record. I tried doubles with a hail team and managed to eek out a 74 win record.

1. Abomasnow ( Snow Warning ) Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant EV: 188 HP/ 252 Atk /70 Speed
    Ice Shard/ Wood Hammer/ Leech Seed/ Protect

2. Rotom F ( Levitate ) Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest EV: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed
    Discharge/ Blizzard/ Volt Switch/ Trick

3. Mamoswine ( Thick Fat ) Focus Sash
    Nature: Jolly EV: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
    Ice Shard/ Earthquake/ Icicle Spear/ Stone Edge

4. Starmie ( Natural Cure ) Life Orb
    Nature: Timid EV: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed
    Surf/ Psychic/ Blizzard/ Rapid Spin ( didn't bother breeding a new Starmie just for doubles )

Chose Scarf Rotom F as it outspeeds those Aerodactyls that keep spamming rock slides, and OHKOs with Blizzard. As long as it's weak to ice, what Blizzard doesn't OHKO, Abomasnow's Ice shard handles. If I do discharge during the first turn, Abomasnow can either protect or switch to Mamoswine. Swine synergizes well with Rotom's Levitate for me to spam Earthquake and Discharges.
    Eventually lost to a team with a Scarf Entei. lost rotom F on the first turn. Got Starmie to kill it but also lost my mamoswine to save Abomasnow. Things went downhill from there.
    Edit" I'll take pics later when I get home for proof
  7. acreland

acreland

It takes hours of breeding or RNG abuse to get good pokes to use in the Subway/Tower. Don't post streaks here if you're going to use AR, it's in the OP.

If you're looking for solid team strategies check the previous page of this thread; I posted a link to a useful post by NoCheese.
  8. MagikaripIsOP

MagikaripIsOP

So in gen 4 which is the best trick lead and what would it's set be?
  9. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

And again. There is NO best Trick-lead. I think Latias and Cresselia are good and Uxie is great with Memento. You can check the records there are a lot of movesets of these Pokes
  10. Magicxgame

Magicxgame

Just wanted to confirm that Maison Pokes can have Hidden Abilities, as I also ran into a Speed Boost Venipede (Battle Video code: DYCW-WWWW-WWWX-BMPL) and Scolipede, Moody Octillery, Soundproof Snover, and Hustle Rattata. I also spotted Quick Claw on a Baltoy.

You get 20 BP from defeating Chatelaine Nita (Singles "Battle Head").

Finally, Entrainment Durant still works. I passed Truant onto a Litleo and waited ~30 turns, and it never switched out. (U9BW-WWWW-WWWX-C8YQ)
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  11. Eppie

Eppie

The AI does not seem to switch at all idd.
    Besides, it looks like we can now reach a rate of 10 BP per battle.
  12. GG Unit

GG Unit

Even if the AI doesn't switch out, the presence of trainers with Mega Evos will likely make TrickScarfing be less effective than before. That would also nerf Entrainment Durant since an opposing lead could Mega Evolve after the first turn and get rid of Truant.
  13. CBManBearPig

CBManBearPig

I'm working on a team testing the effectiveness of Aegislash, I feel like it could be a very effective SD set up sweeper with Memento etc. support.
  14. Jokethe1

Jokethe1

Lost my SS Double streak in battle 268 because of a game freeze (266 wins actually) I'll post my proof later or after I got a higher winstreak, good luck everyone
  15. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Grasp the earth, Grasp the World.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Been a while hasn't it?

Been playing around a bit in the Battle Maison. Up to 50 wins in Super Doubles.

BP Structure so far is:

Battles 1-10: 2BP per opponent
    Battles 11-20: 3BP per opponent
    Battles 21-30: 4BP per opponent
    Battles 31-40: 5BP per opponent
    Battles 41-49: 6BP per opponent
    Battle Chatelaine: 50BP

Some AI quirks I noticed:
    -They aren't "as" hellbent on KOing a Pokemon when they are able to. I've had a few situations where the opponent would opt to Thunder Wave something instead of chasing down my L1 Aron.
    -They actually will use Sucker Punch now. So players will have to be a bit more cautious around those Pokemon. They also don't always use Sucker Punch, however, so they don't become too predictable.
    -They seem to be a lot more liberal with using spread moves, even if it will damage their ally. Though this may be due to having a L1 Aron on the field, screwing with the AI a bit.

Evelyn is quite adorable. And Entei now learns Sacred Fire.
    GG2G-WWWW-WWWX-PQ2F

EDIT:

Run ended on 75. Seems that all battles afterwards give 7 BP.
    If anyone is wondering, yes I am logging down the different trainers again for the Battle Maison. The structure of trainer classes and Pokemon are pretty similar to the previous gens so I can probably expect there to once again be 100 trainers in the end game. There seems to only be 4 movesets for each Pokemon as well.

Trainers running Set 1 shows up from 1-20
    Trainers runningSet 2 shows up from 11-30
    Trainers runningSet 3 shows up from 21-40
    Trainers runningSet 4 shows up from 31 onward
    Trainers runningSet 5 (sets 1-4 + legendary trainers) shows up from 41 onward
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    acreland and atsync like this.
  16. NoCheese

NoCheese

Time for a few thoughts on Pokemon X/Y and the Battle Maison...

For rounding up quick BP while trying to build a "real" team for the Super Battles in the Maison, it is very nice that a run through the 20 battles of the "regular" (e.g. easy) Battle Maison is now worth 10*1 + 9*2 + 20 = 48 BP. Made getting the power items, focus sash, life orb, and other basics much easier.

Starting to think about what teams I can make that will be usable in the time before Pokemon Bank allows transferring all my beautiful B/W Subway-ready pokes. TruAnt something or other would be the most obvious choice, but seems rather unexciting, so I won't be reprising Durant/Cloyster/Garchomp just yet.

With Fairy being immune to Dragon, my beloved Choice Band Garchomp has also taken a hit, particularly as a lead, but a switch-in Garchomp variant, rather like Peterko used for his Cloyster/Garchomp/Suicune team, still seems viable.

Even without Suicune, Cloyster definitely excites me. Shell Smash remains an amazing move, and breaking Sashes and Sturdy while hitting hard and fast is a great start for a team. Cloyster is next in line on my breeding list.

On the subject of breeding, it may seen silly to breed pokes that existed in earlier versions now when in a couple of months I can transfer RNGed ones over from my 5th gen cartridges, but the breeding mechanics have taken a huge step forward, making it relatively easy to breed penta-flawless pokes, and very possible to breed even hex flawless ones. The big change, as most of you probably know, is that Destiny Knot, when held by a parent, now results in 5 stats from the parents being passed to the egg, rather than the usual 3. Which stats and how many of the 5 come from each parent is completely random. I confirmed through working on breeding a high quality Charmander that this really does mean 5 separate stats, and that you can't get cheated out of passing down one of them because both parents try to pass their attack or the like. Accordingly, once your parents have a lot of perfect stats, your chance of getting a great child is much higher than previously. With two parents sharing 31s in 5 stats, for example, each egg has a 1/6 chance of inheriting all 5 of those, and so a 1/192 chance of being a hex flawless egg (1/6 * 1/32). Obviously, it's harder before you have good parents as a starting place, but even with horrible starting material, you can build up good parents pretty quickly, since the destiny knot makes it easy to "capture" a perfect IV from a poke added to your breeding chain, letting you progressively improve each parent from 1 perfect IV to 2, and so forth. I ended up breeding a 31/31/31/31/29/31 Charmander (and after putting in the time to EV it, I hatched the residual eggs and found that one of them was hex-flawless!), when my starting material was a bunch of random pokes with just one perfect IV each, and a ditto with no perfect IVs at all. As in B/W 2, Everstone still locks in nature 100% of the time, and the 200 BP "ability capsule" item allows changing a pokemon's ability to its other regular ability, so the non-stat factors that used to further reduce your odds of breeding what you wanted aren't issues any longer either.

I could go on and on about this, but this isn't really the place for full breakdown of breeding technique. The key is that finally, non-rng breeding is a truly reasonable way to get penta-flawless competitive ready pokemon, and that's a very good thing.

Lastly, Charizard-Y is just ridiculous in-game, and though a little slow and frail, has definite Maison potential. I'm already thinking of a fast-playing "no-switch" team of Timid Focus Sash/Destiny Bond Gengar, Timid Charizard Y, and Choice Scarf Adamant Darmanitan. Gengar benefits hugely from Steels no longer resisting Ghost, freeing up the Focus Blast slot for Sludge Bomb and its STAB faerie coverage, Charizard-Y brings the sun and kills most things that are slower than it, and Darmanitan cleans up with obscenely hard hits. Sheer Force boosted Flare Blitz in the Sun!? YOUCH! Sadly, this team will have to wait until I am able to import a Darmanitan, but I will definitely give it a try then.
    Jumpman16 and acreland like this.
  17. lolnub

lolnub

You get a Lansat Berry if you have a streak of 100 from the little girl in the lobby. She also says that she will give you something when you get to 200, so that's probably still the Starf Berry.
    Has anybody an idea how we get the moveset list this time? Do we just have to do it manually? That's gonna be a daunting task.
  18. Manitary

Manitary

If we can't crack the game as in previous generations, the best way to discover them is using Imposter Ditto lol
  19. lolnub

lolnub

yeah, that's what I thought. That's almost impossible, unless...
    I don't know if more people have found this, but it seems a lot of the subway Pokemon are also in the mansion. For example, a few minutes ago i found this Tauros:

791 | Tauros | Careful | Sitrus Berry | Toxic | Protect | Double Team | Earthquake | HP/SpD

I am not sure about the EVs, Nature and Item, but it used all the moves at least once. I think I also saw all Bronzong which were in the subway last generation, so for reference:

310 | Bronzong | Impish | Sitrus Berry | Hypnosis | Rain Dance | Gyro Ball | Trick Room | HP/Def/SpD
    485 | Bronzong | Quiet | Damp Rock | Rain Dance | Light Screen | Charge Beam | Grass Knot | HP/SpA
    660 | Bronzong | Adamant | Quick Claw | Iron Head | Zen Headbutt | Earthquake | Explosion | HP/Atk
    835 | Bronzong | Brave | Lum Berry | Safeguard | Rock Slide | Zen Headbutt | Trick Room | HP/Atk

This could make it a lot faster if we figure out which Pokemon kept the same movesets. Ofcourse all gen 6 Pokemon are new and there are are probably a lot of movesets changed, but this could make the process a bit faster. It will still a be a reall challenge.

on an unrelated note:
    I found that the CPU doesn't spam status moves when a Substitute is up. They will try to break the substitute, or use set-up moves. Thought this was important because last gen this was easily explointed.
  20. MapleSandwich

MapleSandwich

Can you confirm Truant is available from the hordes of Durant on Route 19? I've been sitting on this route spamming Sweet Scent for a good 3 hours and have yet to see a single one loaf.
  21. dbzmariogeno

dbzmariogeno

The team I'm using now is a lead, 4 attack Gengar, a SD Lucario (it's stuck with Dark Pulse of all things though meaning I have a pretty big Ghost weakness, but those seem uncommon), and CM Gardevoir.

I have spent some BP on EV power items and a Life Orb, but I'm not sure who to give the LO to (and for that matter the imminent 3rd) or if I should stick with what I have now, which is mega stones on all 3. A Mega Gengar lead just destroys lives though. Assuming BP earned is the way R Inanimate put it, here is the total BP you would gain from the Super Single line at certain points, for those interested.

10 battles: 20
    20 battles: 50
    30 battles: 90
    40 battles: 140
    50 battles, including Chatelaine: 244
    ---assuming each from here on is 7 BP as R Inanimate said---
    60 battles: 314
    70 battles: 384
    80 battles: 454
    90 battles: 524
    100 battles: 594

So if you somehow made it to 100 you would, on average, earn almost 6BP a battle.

If you earn them differently then I have here, or have any idea for my team, then thank you in advance.

Edit: Why did I say Ghost weakness I have a Gengar...
  22. lolnub

lolnub

I got mine this way, you just have to be pretty lucky. Got one after 10 Sweet Scents with Durants or so. I am now at 120

above me: your calculations are correct.
    about your team: It is kinda weak to dark and ghosts as you stated. You also can only mega Evolve one pokemon. I would give the Mega Stone to Gardevoir, Give the Life Orb to Lucario and give Gengar a Focus Sash if you have enough BP for it.
  23. dbzmariogeno

dbzmariogeno

I know I can only mega evolve once but the utility of choosing helps. Not having those BW2 tutors is so annoying...
  24. acreland

acreland

I think a big change this gen is the ability for both parents to pass egg moves on. Previously illegal combos open up new possibilities for certain mons. For example I'm thinking of trying Azumarill @ lefties Sub/Belly Drum/Aqua Jet/Play Rough with Sticky Web support from Shuckle. Which reminds me, Sticky Web screwing with speed tiers has the potential to be massive as well.
  25. Tomaius

Tomaius

The Maison AI picks its move after the switch. I've tried numerous times and can show its prophetic ability.

Example A:

Turn 1: Enemy sends out Politoed, I send out Shuckle

Politoed uses Belly Drum

Shuckle uses Power Trick

Example B: Enemy sends out Politoed, I send out Shuckle

I switch to Blaziken

Politoed uses Waterfall (9 times out of 10)

Whilst frustrating, its something that teams need to work around.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)