Blast from the past

Well, here are some of my favorite pokemon of all time. And they kick ass! Even though most of them are NU or UU, they can stand up to some OU teams. I want to make this team as strong as possiblet, which is why I put them here. Some changes I have thought of myself are Tyranitar with stealth rocks and Blastoise with Rapid spin. Also, I only want my favorites in this team. These include: Nidoking, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Dragonite, Arcanine, Gyarados, Scizor, Gengar, Hitmonlee, Electabuzz, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Ursaring, Houndoom, Donphan, Metagross, Rayquaza, Absol, Lucario, Gliscor and Mamoswine. So I don't mean any disrespect when I say no to a certain suggestion, but I want a fun team first, a competitive second

Charizard (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Overheat
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash

The guy that usually goes first. Why? Because I can't have it switch in a lot, obviously, with the omnipresent stealth rocks. I find that this works very good, since I catch many opponents of guards. If I'm lucky, I can OHKO the opponent's lead without the use of Overheat, and put a dent in whatever comes next. Life orb for the extra power, obviously. Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower and Air slash provide me with type coverage and dual STAB

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Protect

A toxic staller. Sort of. this thing can also wall some physical attackers and weaken them with Hydro pump. Ice beam is for coverage, protect to get leftovers recovery and toxic damage. I haven't really figured out what to do with him, so I'm going with this one for now.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power (Fire)

Pretty straightforward. Switch into something that will switch out, sleep powder, Leech seed, and sludge bomb away. Also handy to absorb toxic spikes and hit other Grass types. Giga drain for recovery, sludge bomb to inflict damage.

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

just the usual dragon dancing Tyranitar. I'm sure most people know how it works. Dragon Dance away and crush anything in my path. and hope that the opponent doesn't have focus blast.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 104 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Curse
- Return
- Rest

The good old curselax. Once this guy has set up, you litterally can't stop him. It likes to switch into Heatran's fire blast, which flees, fearing the earthquake, and thinking that it doesn't carry Crunch. Which it does. It absorbs special attacks like there is no tomorrow and crushes everything with its boosted Return. And rest to recover after a long day of kicking ass.

Heracross (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Man, this guy is really something. It ALWAYS forces a switch, and then something gets a Facade to the face. I killed Latios more than once with this. And if it gets a swords dance off... Dual stab, Facade to top it of. The only thing that can stop this thing is a Rotom, or a Skarmory, although that is kinda tricky with close combat. After all, with Guts boost, that 2HKO's.

On Blastoise, replace Hydro Pump with Scald as your Blastoise is defensive, and Hydro Pump isn’t really needed. You could switch Protect / Ice Beam for Rapid Spin to help Charizard enter more freely. Otherwise, Jellicent seems to do a better job of walling that is beneficial for your team.
Despite getting STAB with Sludge Bomb it ought to be replaced with HP Fire: Venasaur is completely walled by Ferrothorn and most steel-types who can set-up entry hazards on you while laughing off attacks. Even if you Sleep Powder it, you’ve basically used Sleep Powder on a wall, and then with Sleep Clause, you lose out on Sleeping something that actually threatens your team.
Although not super common, Braviary and Staraptor put a serious dent in this team with Superpower/CloseCombat and Brave Bird, so once Blastoise is fainted or weakened, everything else is easily taken out.

On the Venusaur, if HP fire is ONLY there for other grass types, switch to Sludge Bomb, dual STAB and SE on Grass. If its for covering say, Ferrothorn (Nattorei), keep it as it is.
I think you should keep HP fire, but it's just my 2 cents

I'm a little more curious about this team, with Tyranitar and his Sand Stream abitilty does it end up negatively effecting your own team very much?

I was going to say just that... T-tar is not helping your Team in any way, I'd swap him for something like Gyarados or Scizor, because otherwise your only shooting yourself in the Foot...

also, While Scald works really well, I think it's not a good Idea in conjunction with Toxic... Might I suggest...

Blastoise @ Lefties/Chesto Berry
Calm/Careful Nature (I can never remember which one it is meant to be, but +SDef - Atk)
252 HP 4 Def 252 SDef
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
-Protect/Aqua Jet/Rest

The Way this works is:
The massive S-def boost allows for you to wall special attacks, while Scald allows you to wall any pokemon you Burn (Physical attacks are halved under a burn, so you actually have better physical defence after the opponents burn)
This also allows you to rapid spin Stealth Rocks away, so you can allow Charizard to switch in (and your other partners)

Rest can be used over protect if the Opponent has T-spikes, as after you spin the spikes away, you simply rest up to not only heal the damage taken from Spikes/SR, but also heal you of the Poisoned Status! It's a simple but effective strategy...

EDIT: also, if you swap T-tar for Nidoking, Zapdos(?), Arcanine, Hitmonlee, Electabuzz (Electivire), Kabutops, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Ursaring, Houndoom, Donphan, Absol, Lucario or Mamoswine (took from your list), you can fit your Team into UU!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)